PDA

View Full Version : North Korea A Bomb test.

Combwork
05-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Is North Korea a member of the United Nations? If not we can toot and fart as much as we like; any UN resolution has no relevance to them. Unless we want to invade a country known to have nuclear weapons plus long range missiles, I don't see what we can do about it. Even if we had the capability to invade quickly, their last stance could be to fire off anything they've got.

This isn't negative thinking, just wondering if it's time to actually negotiate with them instead of shouting at them.

merrylander
05-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Look at it this way, the little fart leading them can't live forever and his son seems to prefer chasing skirts than being a dictator.

Combwork
05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Look at it this way, the little fart leading them can't live forever and his son seems to prefer chasing skirts than being a dictator.

Good point. I wonder if there's anyone waiting in the wings ready to step forward as and when.

JJIII
05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
To negotiate you have to trust. How can anyone trust that idiot?

noonereal
05-25-2009, 12:05 PM
To negotiate you have to trust. How can anyone trust that idiot?

So we trust the Russians and Chinese?

Trust and verify. Same for any country.

Just curious, what is it that you suggest since your post suggests that you have no faith in diplomacy?

Grumpy
05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
With a little luck maybe the bastards will blow themselves to hell with it.......

Sandy G
05-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd kinda like it if SOMEONE (Harumpf, harumpf..) somehow or another, sent a few ICBMs over to Yong-Yang & took care of The Gargoyle, AND his oversized Estes rocket....Ain't gonna happen, tho. Oh, the world's press would be squeaking & beeping w/outrage, but you know what ? Joke 'em if they can't take a.....(grin)

JJIII
05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
So we trust the Russians and Chinese?

Trust and verify. Same for any country.

Just curious, what is it that you suggest since your post suggests that you have no faith in diplomacy?

To be honest, I don't have any suggestions. I don't have any faith in what he says and I don't know how anyone would verify anything in that country. What would you suggest?

noonereal
05-26-2009, 04:53 AM
To be honest, I don't have any suggestions. I don't have any faith in what he says and I don't know how anyone would verify anything in that country. What would you suggest?

It seems to me our only option is diplomacy.

Our word is no better than theirs, Russia's or any other countries. Faith/trust do not come into play. In some cases like Cuba, economic sanctions do not work. Maybe economic incentives will. In any case we need dialog and our best dialog may come from talking with China. The interdependence of China and the US economically may be of value with Korea.
If it was a cut and dry issue we would have done it by now.
Certainly the threatening speech approach made the situation worse so any alternative would be preferable.

JJIII
05-26-2009, 05:31 AM
"It seems to me our only option is diplomacy. "

I'll cross my fingers. I expect it will be about as effective. :)

merrylander
05-26-2009, 06:58 AM
The UN is debating sanctions, and this time around the Chinese reacted more strongly. Apparently the Chinese are the main supplier of food and fuel to NK but it seems that if they were to cut that off the NK government would collapse and hordes of NK'ers would flood over the Chinese border. The Chinese don't want that so they will probably water down any sanctions like they did the last time. Simple approach is to wait them out Kin Jong Il really is 'Ill' and won't last much longer and there is no hier apparent.

Sandy G
05-26-2009, 06:59 AM
The apparently recent photos of the little gargoyle, Kim Yuck Foo, all have him lookin' pretty bad, I think. Maybe he feels like since he's apparently soon to be heading for The Last Roundup, maybe he oughta take as many others w/him as he can ? The guy just might be THAT psychotic...

Grumpy
05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
The UN is debating sanctions, and this time around the Chinese reacted more strongly. Apparently the Chinese are the main supplier of food and fuel to NK but it seems that if they were to cut that off the NK government would collapse and hordes of NK'ers would flood over the Chinese border. The Chinese don't want that so they will probably water down any sanctions like they did the last time. Simple approach is to wait them out Kin Jong Il really is 'Ill' and won't last much longer and there is no hier apparent.

Not that the we have much room to talk but aint all the rulers of NK been lunatics. Not much hope in getting one thats in the least bit sane.

wajobu
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I think that Kim Jong Il's portrayal in the movie Team America is completely accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0hk9vaqWUg

He's a total nut-case, and nuclear weapons must be kept from this clown.

Grumpy
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I think that Kim Jong Il's portrayal in the movie Team America is completely accurate.

Put some rhinestones and a PB and banana samich in that guys hands and Id a sworn that was Elvis.

Combwork
05-26-2009, 05:40 PM

What are the chances of him being turned over by his own people? Iran seems dangerous primarily because a lot (maybe most) of the population back the religious rulers. I don't know whether Kim Yuck Foo is there by popular demand, or because the population are shit scared to try to move against him.

Sandy G
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I think they're scared to death of the l'il bestid...The population apparently about half starves to death, while Yuck Foo takes care of the Big Dawgs & the military/police...Personally, I'd like to see him go out like Ceauscescu- getting the Shyte beat outta him & then shot...Or get shot, & THEN have the hell beat out of him..."Dear Leader", myazz !

noonereal
05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
What are the chances of him being turned over by his own people? Iran seems dangerous primarily because a lot (maybe most) of the population back the religious rulers. I don't know whether Kim Yuck Foo is there by popular demand, or because the population are shit scared to try to move against him.

From the little i have read the people look up to him almost like a deity and the military control the intellectuals.