PDA

View Full Version : Student Loan Bill

noonereal
03-13-2010, 05:17 AM
http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/student-loan-provisions-may-ease-passage-of-health-care-bill/

Seems to me that taking the profit out of college education loans is a very good idea. What do you think?

Charles
03-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Just cutting out the middle man. In theory, it makes sense to me, since student loans were guaranteed by the government in the first place.

Chas

merrylander
03-13-2010, 07:33 AM
There was a letter to the editor in the Post today. Apparently Lamarr Alexander made the comment that this would be like going to the DMV for your loan. The letter writer said she would love to go to the DMV as she had contacted her loan company about repaying her loan. She got three different and conflicting answers, still does not know the total nor what the monthly payment should be.

Ah the efficiency and intelligence of the private sector.:rolleyes:

Charles
03-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Just read the article.

Apparently this is the sugar coating on the Health Care turd to make it more appetizing. And another political bludgeon.

I think it's most likely a good idea, and should stand on it's own merits.

Chas

Charles
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
There was a letter to the editor in the Post today. Apparently Lamarr Alexander made the comment that this would be like going to the DMV for your loan. The letter writer said she would love to go to the DMV as she had contacted her loan company about repaying her loan. She got three different and conflicting answers, still does not know the total nor what the monthly payment should be.

Ah the efficiency and intelligence of the private sector.:rolleyes:

Sounds like my old bank. Every year, both of my accounts would be $2-300 short.

I fired them and moved to a bank where people knew how to count...and were honest. No more problems.

Chas

JJIII
03-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Just read the article.

Apparently this is the sugar coating on the Health Care turd to make it more appetizing. And another political bludgeon.

I think it's most likely a good idea, and should stand on it's own merits.

Chas

Exactly right.