PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!! Obama Has Invaded My Mailbox!!!!

BlueStreak
03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
This morning an agent, working for that insideous, evil, quasi-governmental entity secretly known as "The Blueshirts", left a frightening leaflet in my mailbox. As soon as I saw the sending address, I knew it could only have been sent at the behest of one man..................the dreaded :eek:O-B-A-M-A:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, it SAYS the census is just a simple form "used to help each community get it's fair share of government funds for highways, schools, health facilities, and many other programs..... SUUUURE it is! What is it really about? And what is this "other" shit? Black Helicopters, Stormtroopers and deathcamps!:eek: That's what!

And you know what else? At the bottom, strange languages. That's right. At the top--the dreaded "Spanish". But that's not all. Now, we have Japanese. But that's not the worst of it. We also have Chinese, Vietnamese annnnnnd-----------RUSSIAN!!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!! Oh my God!!!!!!! Those are COMMUNIST COUNTRIES, AND RUSSIANS!!!! EEEK! EEEKKK! OBAMA IS COMING!!! EEEK EEEK!:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
This morning an agent, working for that insideous, evil, quasi-governmental entity secretly known as "The Blueshirts", left a frightening leaflet in my mailbox. As soon as I saw the sending address, I knew it could only have been sent at the behest of one man..................the dreaded :eek:O-B-A-M-A:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, it SAYS the census is just a simple form "used to help each community get it's fair share of government funds for highways, schools, health facilities, and many other programs..... SUUUURE it is! What is it really about? And what is this "other" shit? Black Helicopters, Stormtroopers and deathcamps!:eek: That's what!

And you know what else? At the bottom, strange languages. That's right. At the top--the dreaded "Spanish". But that's not all. Now, we have Japanese. But that's not the worst of it. We also have Chinese, Vietnamese annnnnnd-----------RUSSIAN!!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!! Oh my God!!!!!!! Those are COMMUNIST COUNTRIES, AND RUSSIANS!!!! EEEK! EEEKKK! OBAMA IS COMING!!! EEEK EEEK!:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

I got that too. Tore it right up and burned it. Won't have that un-American trash in the house!

John

Sandy G
03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah, & the Sombich is gonter be sendin' guys like me that has LOTSA guns & don't perticly like Nigras too much to one o' them there now "Ostrich"-style Death Camps....You 'member that Ostrich place they found at the end of WW2 that had all the dead bodies innit, doncha ? Obammer's gonna do that to us Rednecks, you just wait...
(You guys can laugh, but I GUARANTEE you that there's a BUNCH of 'em out there that really feel this way...)

d-ray657
03-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, & the Sombich is gonter be sendin' guys like me that has LOTSA guns & don't perticly like Nigras too much to one o' them there now "Ostrich"-style Death Camps....You 'member that Ostrich place they found at the end of WW2 that had all the dead bodies innit, doncha ? Obammer's gonna do that to us Rednecks, you just wait...
(You guys can laugh, but I GUARANTEE you that there's a BUNCH of 'em out there that really feel this way...)

Everyone needs a spokesman, sir, and you do a damn fine job of it.:D

Regards,

D-Ray

Sandy G
03-13-2010, 11:01 AM
The trick is, like Patton said, to NEVER let 'em know whether you're SERIOUS, or just Pulling Their Leg...

BlueStreak
03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I know you've seen them, sneaking around, sticking things in that box that the government FORCED you to put out in front of your house...........eeeeevvvviiiiilllll!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Dave

BlueStreak
03-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Oh, I'm sure there are.

Regards,
Dave

Twodogs
03-13-2010, 01:29 PM
I liked the fact that they sent me a letter saying they would be sending me a letter in a few weeks. I wonder how many millions that cost me.:(

JJIII
03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I liked the fact that they sent me a letter saying they would be sending me a letter in a few weeks. I wonder how many millions that cost me.:(

Me too. That's real efficiency! :mad:

finnbow
03-13-2010, 03:03 PM

I'll tell you how I feel about this sometime next week.:D

noonereal
03-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I got that too. Tore it right up and burned it. Won't have that un-American trash in the house!

John

I got it also, it's ok though I bough some of those non hybrid seeds, Ill be fine.

Charles
03-13-2010, 03:35 PM

I reckon I don't rate either.

They sent me the same "promise".

Are they pumping up the USPS with our tax dollars?

Chas

Twodogs
03-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I can't wait to fill mine out. I'm going to answer how many people are here, and on the rest of the questions write in; "That would be some more of your F'ing bidness, now wouldn't it"?:D

Charles
03-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I can't wait to fill mine out. I'm going to answer how many people are here, and on the rest of the questions write in; "That would be some more of your F'ing bidness, now wouldn't it"?:D

No comprendo?

Chas

merrylander
03-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I reckon I don't rate either.

They sent me the same "promise".

Are they pumping up the USPS with our tax dollars?

Chas

AFAIK the gummint does not pay postage, as least not as much as we mere mortals. Got the same letter and I guess it is because people seem to fear filling out the form, but if they do not at least get a head count the state deos not get as much money and could even lose a seat in Congress. So let's hope all those folks in SC refuse to fill out the forms.:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
03-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Like at work, when they hold a meeting in which we argue for a half hour when to hold another meeting that'll last about a........half hour.:confused:

Regards,
Dave

Charles
03-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Like at work, when they hold a meeting in which we argue for a half hour when to hold another meeting that'll last about a........half hour.:confused:

Regards,
Dave

Reminds me of when I was on the Board of Directors of a community betterment organization.

Every time we had a meeting, everyone would babble about nothing for an hour, then vote to have another meeting to discuss what we were supposed to be discussing at this meeting.

The upside was, I had some really great stories to tell.

Chas

Sandy G
03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
The Dept of Redundancy Dept.

d-ray657
03-14-2010, 12:45 PM

That's good. I almost missed it because it was so . . . redundant.

Kinda like the bumper sticker: "Bad spellers of the world untie!"

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM

Shoes for industry, comrade!

John

Boreas
03-14-2010, 10:56 PM
That's good. I almost missed it because it was so . . . redundant.

Kinda like the bumper sticker: "Bad spellers of the world untie!"

Regards,

D-Ray

Or this.

http://www.sefermpost.com/.a/6a00e55290c50488330120a77153e8970b-320wi

John

BlueStreak
03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
AFAIK the gummint does not pay postage, as least not as much as we mere mortals. Got the same letter and I guess it is because people seem to fear filling out the form, but if they do not at least get a head count the state deos not get as much money and could even lose a seat in Congress. So let's hope all those folks in SC refuse to fill out the forms.:rolleyes:

There have been people campaigning against the census. Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R) has stated she will refuse to "answer any questions not required by the Constitution". This is what prompted me to create this satirical thread, here and on FaceBook.

If anyone has further info, speak up please. Comrade John?

Regards,
Dave

merrylander
03-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Michelle Bachmann is a mindless idiot and that she can even spell Constitution amazes me.

finnbow
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Or this.

http://www.sefermpost.com/.a/6a00e55290c50488330120a77153e8970b-320wi

John

I think "offical" could be construed as an adjective for "offal," which happens to be what this woman has for brains.:rolleyes:

merrylander
03-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Besides that would put 95% of the population at a serious disadvantage.:D

d-ray657
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
I think "offical" could be construed as an adjective for "offal," which happens to be what this woman has for brains.:rolleyes:

Thank you for today's vocabulary word. Seems to me like quite a bit of it can be found in most pieces of legislation.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
03-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you for today's vocabulary word. Seems to me like quite a bit of it can be found in most pieces of legislation.

Regards,

D-Ray

Damn, D-Man. You make me feel impotent and extinguished.

d-ray657
03-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Damn, D-Man. You make me feel impotent and extinguished.

That's a somewhat flaccid response. :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
03-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Better buy a tux Pat, if you are going to be impotent may as well look impotent.:D

Twodogs
03-15-2010, 06:59 PM
If anyone cares, the cost for mailing the letters to tell you you are getting a letter, and the post card to tell you you got a letter, was 85 million.:)

Boreas
03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
If anyone cares, the cost for mailing the letters to tell you you are getting a letter, and the post card to tell you you got a letter, was 85 million.:)

Nope! Don't care.

There are around 115 million households in the US. Assuming that the government sent out a letter to each household, it cost them 75 centavos per lettro. Not bad unless you think the census is a communist plot.

John

Sandy G
03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
EVERYTHING is a Communistic Plot, if you go back far enuff...

MikeCh
03-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Similarly, all the towns in the mountains of Colorado (that I know of) receive their USPS mail at the PO.....delivered to PO Boxes. I received my census form hanging on my door, delivered by someone driving around my neighborhood earning $17.00/hr. + mileage. There are many thousands of square miles within the rockies. I'm tingling from head to toe that our tax dollars are being used this way rather than just dropping off bulk mailer bundles at a post office to be delivered to a post office box.

noonereal
03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I think that given it is a census it would not be prudent to send them to PO boxes.

MikeCh
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I think that given it is a census it would not be prudent to send them to PO boxes.

Why not?

Twodogs
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Similarly, all the towns in the mountains of Colorado (that I know of) receive their USPS mail at the PO.....delivered to PO Boxes. I received my census form hanging on my door, delivered by someone driving around my neighborhood earning $17.00/hr. + mileage. There are many thousands of square miles within the rockies. I'm tingling from head to toe that our tax dollars are being used this way rather than just dropping off bulk mailer bundles at a post office to be delivered to a post office box.

The real shame is, I'm not even surprised. Something has to give sooner or later. I'm starting to hope it's sooner, while I'm still kicking.

Charles
03-18-2010, 07:47 PM
They're paying $17 per hour & mileage for a flunkie to drive around hanging census forms on doorknobs? Is it any wonder the government is broke?

Jesus H. Christ.

Chas

MikeCh
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
They're paying $17 per hour & mileage for a flunkie to drive around hanging census forms on doorknobs? Is it any wonder the government is broke?

Jesus H. Christ.

Chas

URL doesn't work: go to google and search the term census bureau jobs.....click on the Local Office Map link to see the U.S. map

I'm sorry, I mis-spoke. It's $16.75/hr in Denver. I had heard on the radio when they were recruiting that the Grand Junction offices (far west in the state and where supposedly the workers would come from to our centrally located town) were going to pay $17.00/hr. Looks like the map shows $12.50/hr instead for Grand Junction. Maybe it's a typo.

Edit: wow, check out California > San Francisco on that map @ $22.00/hr!!

BlueStreak
03-19-2010, 12:05 AM

Jesus H. Christ.

Chas

Lighten up you cheapskate. If you saw what my employer pays my lazy ass to go around cleaning photoeyes and pumping grease, you'd shit yourself.:D

I love high wages and lavish benefits for working people. At least then I know it's going to the right place. Better than throwing more $$$$ at a billionaire. WTF is that? Like squirting lighter fluid at a forest fire.:confused:

Dave

Charles
03-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Lighten up you cheapskate. If you saw what my employer pays my lazy ass to go around cleaning photoeyes and pumping grease, you'd shit yourself.:D

I love high wages and lavish benefits for working people. At least then I know it's going to the right place. Better than throwing more $$$$ at a billionaire. WTF is that? Like squirting lighter fluid at a forest fire.:confused:

Dave

I see that they're only paying $11.00 in Bugtussell. Looks like grounds for a lawsuit to me.

Do me a favor and tell those Eyeties you work for that I said that they need to run more Columbian. It's getting hard to find around here.

Take care,

Chas

noonereal
03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Why not?

Well people don't live in Po boxes and there is no direct correlation between PO boxes and residency. Seems to me the most important part of a census is accuracy and that would indeed entail making sure each residence is counted.
Sending people who want to work (flunkies) to each home seems the prudent way to accomplish this mandate.

BlueStreak
03-19-2010, 09:35 AM
I see that they're only paying $11.00 in Bugtussell. Looks like grounds for a lawsuit to me.

Do me a favor and tell those Eyeties you work for that I said that they need to run more Columbian. It's getting hard to find around here.

Take care,

Chas

Huh? That's wierd. We've been running Columbian...........................

Are you talking about the "other" Columbian?:rolleyes:

Can't help you with that.
Regards,
Dave

Charles
03-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Huh? That's wierd. We've been running Columbian...........................

Are you talking about the "other" Columbian?:rolleyes:

Can't help you with that.
Regards,
Dave

It's been a long, long time since I started the day with the "other" Columbian.

To tell the truth, I've smoked more pot in one afternoon than I've smoked in the last 20 yrs.

Chas

noonereal
03-20-2010, 07:10 AM
It's been a long, long time since I started the day with the "other" Columbian.

To tell the truth, I've smoked more pot in one afternoon than I've smoked in the last 20 yrs.

Chas

last 35 years here