PDA

View Full Version : Russia warns Assad.

Dondilion
02-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Russia warns Assad on vow to retake all Syria.

It's seems Russia is having some problem with its client.

Putting back Syria together is just not possible. Assad is dreaming.

Russia's aim apparently is limited: Carve out a relatively safe area around the
alawite heartland and Russia's military installations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-warns-assad-vow-retake-syria-080119489.html

Boreas
02-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I think their aim is to protect the Syrian Arab Army and use it to maintain order during the restructuring of Syria.

Pio1980
02-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Assad has destroyed his country and much of its heritage to preserve himself as head of his regime, while making any alternative look attractive to his victims and providing fertile ground for DAESH to flourish in the wreckage and chaos. Putin, having similar inclinations and no other friends in the Middle East, concurs and supports him as a surrugate client. Have I missed anything?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dondilion
02-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Assad has destroyed his country and much of its heritage to preserve himself as head of his regime, while making any alternative look attractive to his victims and providing fertile ground for DAESH to flourish in the wreckage and chaos. Putin, having similar inclinations and no other friends in the Middle East, concurs and supports him as a surrugate client. Have I missed anything?

Yes: missing Saudi Arabia, Turkey.

Pio1980
02-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Yes: missing Saudi Arabia, Turkey.

Intentionally, the topic is Assad and the Russians. The surrugate chessboard that is the Middle East (including Iran and Iraq) is the broader context.