PDA

View Full Version : Migration crisis - quo vadis, Eurpean Union?

HarmanKardon
03-01-2016, 02:36 AM
This picture demonstrates the current status of the failure of the European Union nicely. Tear gas against women and children in Indomeni at the Greek border yesterday.

Thank you Britain, France, Holland, Belgium, Spain, et al. Thank you, you're so great!

Dondilion
03-01-2016, 04:08 AM
At said border, military aged vanguards on the attack.

HarmanKardon
03-01-2016, 07:04 AM
The situation at the so called "Calais Jungle" is also dramatic. The European Nations are a bunch of fucking cowardly losers, denying appropriate contingents, leaving Germany alone.

Meanwhile the United States are only interested in a Grandma and an Insane, without considering that in our global village European problems could turn easily into worldwide problems, including America.

Dondilion
03-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Dumb Merkel hoist the welcome flag and got consistently played by Caliph Erdogan.

Now European countries on the route between Turkey and German, fear being
left stranded with a horde of mainly military aged single Muslim males, as the German people wake up to the folly of absorbing that mass especially in such a short time span.

A significant section of the US population has finally broken through to the Political leaders that they are tired of open borders and want illegal migration brought under control and that they are extremely wary of migrants/refugees
coming from Muslim conflict zones.

nailer
03-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Migrations are beyond the law. If a very large group of culturally bound humans want to migrate they can be absorbed or kept out. If the migrating group is large and well lead they can take over. There's a lot of gray areas to work with though.

The actual and potential unintended consequences of this German guilt trip has me glad I live here, not there. Then again, I've never had the urge to emigrate.

Dondilion
03-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Migrations are beyond the law. If a very large of culturally bound humans want to migrate they can be absorbed or kept out. If the migrating group is large and well lead they can take over. There's a lot of gray areas to work with though.

Additionally the addled Merkel wants to give the Turks Schengen rights.

Dondilion
03-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Prelude to tear gas.

HarmanKardon
03-01-2016, 01:08 PM
I am so happy that I made a stage possible for you to fuck Frau Merkel again, Dondillon.

finnbow
03-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I am so happy that I made a stage possible for you to fuck Frau Merkel again, Dondillon.

I seem to recall how a year or so ago that you were pretty outspoken against Frau Merkel (for reasons other than the Syrian refugee problem).

HarmanKardon
03-02-2016, 02:36 AM
Where is the contradiction, Sir? I do not like her as a person. That is right. But this has nothing to do with the fact that I agree with some of her desicions as a politician in the last years.

Finnbow you speak German - so werde ich es Ihnen nochmals mit Worten meiner eigenen Sprache erklären. Auf der einen Seite steht das was sie tut, als Politikerin, auf der anderen Seite das wie sie es tut, als Mensch. Beides ist eng miteinander verbunden, dennoch sind es unterschiedliche Dinge, verstehen Sie was ich meine?

finnbow
03-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Where is the contradiction, Sir? I do not like her as a person. That is right. But this has nothing to do with the fact that I agree with some of her desicions as a politician in the last years.

Finnbow you speak German - so werde ich es Ihnen nochmals mit Worten meiner eigenen Sprache erklären. Auf der einen Seite steht das was sie tut, als Politikerin, auf der anderen Seite das wie sie es tut, als Mensch. Beides ist eng miteinander verbunden, dennoch sind es unterschiedliche Dinge, verstehen Sie was ich meine?

I do indeed. Her actions vis-ā-vis the Syrian refugees are both a political and a humanitarian act. While it's right and just to praise the humanity of her decision, the political and social consequences of the decision, in a democratic society, are not immune to criticism. In other words, she may have done the wrong thing for the right reasons.

I'm impressed with Frau Merkel's humanity and steadfastness, but that doesn't mean that her decision won't have profound and negative consequences for her country. Similarly, I admire Obama's humanity, but that doesn't preclude criticizing some of his past decisions.

Dondilion
03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
The situation at the so called "Calais Jungle" is also dramatic. The European Nations are a bunch of fucking cowardly losers,

I agree! They are paralyzed. Illegal immigrants from "Calais Jungle" have been terrorizing motorists, especially truckers for the longest while. Truckers fear for their lives while passing that jungle. Some truckers for safety sake have decided to take the much longer route through Holland.

How the French allow such a camp of illegals to form and develop right beside the main trucking route to England is beyond me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/17/migrants-launch-unprecedented-attck-or-lorry-drivers-at-calais_n_8829924.html

nailer
03-02-2016, 09:33 AM
How the French allow such a camp of illegals to form and develop right beside the main trucking route to England is beyond me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/17/migrants-launch-unprecedented-attck-or-lorry-drivers-at-calais_n_8829924.html

Makes a perverse sense from a French patriot's perspective.

HarmanKardon
03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Maybe the French authorities fear an escalation of violence, I don't know. Pity that we have no active French member here.

Boreas
03-02-2016, 10:18 AM

For the rest of us.

I'll explain it to you again with words of my own language. On one side is what she does, as a politician, on the other hand, the way it does, as a human being. Both are closely linked, but there are different things, you understand what I mean?

It's never possible to separate a person from their actions. I know little of Frau Merkel's domestic policy beyond her position on the Refugee crisis but, in the main, I support it. She was faced with a problem with no good solutions but opted for the least terrible among them. The situations in places like Calais and Macedonia are creating a crisis far worse than that in Germany. There is a lesson there for those willing to see it.

Boreas
03-02-2016, 10:19 AM
I agree! They are paralyzed. Illegal immigrants from "Calais Jungle" have been terrorizing motorists, especially truckers for the longest while. Truckers fear for their lives while passing that jungle. Some truckers for safety sake have decided to take the much longer route through Holland.

They have chosen paralysis. In the wake of Charly Hebdo and the Paris Massacre, France's government has refused to take the political risks involved in dealing humanely with the refugees in their country. Instead, they have allowed them to travel completely across their country and pile up like jetsam on their shores.

merrylander
03-02-2016, 12:42 PM
What seems to have been lost in all of this is that most of the EU countries have employment problems. So while it is very humanitarian to welcome these migrants feeding them is another story.

Dondilion
03-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Reality takes root.

From 'welcome' to 'enough'_Europe's migrant view shifts.
https:www.yahoo.com/finance/news/welcome-enough-europes-migrant-view-201445324.html

Boreas
03-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Many key countries, particularly those along the principle migration routes, refuse to let any migrants stay in their countries or even pass through them en route to other countries. They also refuse to participate in finding a common EU solution. This has created an unsupportable situation in those countries endeavoring to do the right thing.

Meanwhile, right wing parties across Europe are seeing this crisis as a double blessing. First they see it as a golden opportunity for advancing their racist Blood and Soil agenda and, at the same time, they see the crisis as the hammer by which they can shatter the hated European Union.

It's all going nicely according to plan. No doubt "President Trump" is looking forward to making common cause with these bastards. He's cut from the same cloth.

Dondilion
04-03-2016, 09:45 AM
A sign of things to come.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/threat-extreme-march-stirs-fears-tense-molenbeek-165921268.html

nailer
04-03-2016, 10:59 AM
They have chosen paralysis. In the wake of Charly Hebdo and the Paris Massacre, France's government has refused to take the political risks involved in dealing humanely with the refugees in their country. Instead, they have allowed them to travel completely across their country and pile up like jetsam on their shores.

The French are paralyzed as a nation and essentially have been since WWI. Verdun was the tipping point. Your description of their current government actions to a large degree mirrors their response to Nazi Germany.

merrylander
04-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Funny you all call them migrants but here we call them undocumented aliens.

Boreas
04-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Funny you all call them migrants but here we call them undocumented aliens.

Actually, I call them refugees. So does the country of your birth. What do you call them?

merrylander
04-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Refugees since many are fleeing terror and death in Central America.

HarmanKardon
04-04-2016, 12:01 PM
My mother is calling them refugees. She knows what she is talking about. She was a refugee in 1945, a young girl threatened by rape and death.

Boreas
04-04-2016, 12:28 PM
The use of the term "migrants" is a deliberate attempt to minimize the plight of these people. It's designed to characterize them as people who are not fleeing from economic ruin and the very real threat of death but as people who at best merely want to be social parasites in their new country of residence and at worst enter those countries as terrorist "sleepers".

catswiththum
04-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Very good article from The Economist - the old left vs. right days are waning; people no longer attach themselves to a particular class - the industrial/manufacturing political identity is all but gone.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21695887-centre-left-sharp-decline-across-europe-rose-thou-art-sick

Dondilion
04-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Very good article from The Economist - the old left vs. right days are waning; people no longer attach themselves to a particular class - the industrial/manufacturing political identity is all but gone.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21695887-centre-left-sharp-decline-across-europe-rose-thou-art-sick

Well written.

The article ends with advice to center leftists: "They must make their own currents".

But Cats how is this tied to the migrant issue?

catswiththum
04-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Well written.

The article ends with advice to center leftists: "They must make their own currents".

But Cats how is this tied to the migrant issue?

From the article:

Where are all the votes going? Many have been hoovered up by populists, typically of the anti-market left in southern Europe and the anti-migrant right in the north

And:

The fall of the iron curtain in 1989 and the subsequent integration of eastern Europe into the EU hastened some of that change by providing new pools of cheap labour. It also had a deeper effect. The politics of the EU countries had until then been constrained by history: hemmed in by the threat of the Soviet Union on one side and by memories of fascism on the other, social democrats and Christian democrats huddled in the centre ground. A generation later parties can set out their pitch far away from the old mainstream.

merrylander
04-05-2016, 08:00 AM
On the news last night most of the 'migrants' returned to Turkey were Pakistanis, so what terror were they fleeing?

nailer
04-05-2016, 08:30 AM
On the news last night most of the 'migrants' returned to Turkey were Pakistanis, so what terror were they fleeing?

The Taliban and others of that ilk.

merrylander
04-05-2016, 08:54 AM
The Taliban and others of that ilk.

Who mainly operated out of Pakistan and into Afghanistan. only very recently have they suicide bombed in Lahore

nailer
04-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Who mainly operated out of Pakistan and into Afghanistan. only very recently have they suicide bombed in Lahore

Anarchy rules in NW Pakistan. Lots of Pakistani Muslims, and not just NW residents, would like to live somewhere else.

Boreas
04-05-2016, 09:04 AM

The Taliban have been operating inside Pakistan for years. So has the US.

donquixote99
04-05-2016, 10:45 AM

RU serious?

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2874&stc=1&d=1459878174

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/aqn3qdhbck2j0a4wffav.jpg

https://southpawtracks.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/malalayousafzai9.jpg

merrylander
04-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Quite serious since they were already on Lesbos when that suicide bomber struck, unless you are suggesting they were clairvoyant.

donquixote99
04-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Quite serious since they were already on Lesbos when that suicide bomber struck, unless you are suggesting they were clairvoyant.

Rationalizations and sarcasm. Right.

Only the first pic comes from the Easter bombing. The middle one comes from the 2014 Peshawar school massacre. The last pic is Malala Yousafzai in 2012.

But go ahead. Tell us some more about how no one could have any valid concerns about terrorism in Pakistan.

Boreas
04-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Rationalizations and sarcasm. Right.

Only the first pic comes from the Easter bombing. The middle one comes from the 2014 Peshawar school massacre. The last pic is Malala Yousafzai in 2012.

But go ahead. Tell us some more about how no one could have any valid concerns about terrorism in Pakistan.

Those pictures and the incidents they depict don't count because they don't fit Rob's ongoing narrative.

catswiththum
04-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Pakistan one of the 10 most dangerous places to live - from the U.S. Dept. of State:

So far in 2015, there have been more than 200 terror-related incidents in Pakistan. On August 16, a senior Punjab state official and 18 others were killed by a suicide bomber at his political office in Attock. A Pakistani Taliban splinter group named Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claimed responsibility. The same group previously used suicide bombers to attack two Christian churches in Lahore on March 15, killing 15 people and injuring another 70, and a police facility in Lahore on February 17, killing 8 people and injuring another 19.

Targeted attacks against government officials, humanitarian and non-governmental organization (NGO) employees, tribal elders, and law enforcement personnel continue throughout the country. U.S.citizens have also been targeted. On April 16, 2015, a U.S. educator was seriously injured while driving her own vehicle in Karachi after being shot by two gunmen on motorbikes. Evidence obtained by local police suggests that she was targeted, in part, because she is a U.S. citizen.

Suicide bomb attacks have occurred in major cities and other locations across the country, including universities, schools, rallies, places of worship, and major marketplaces in several Pakistani cities.

Sectarian violence occurs countrywide. On May 13, 2015, gunmen attacked a bus traveling in Karachi, killing more than 40 of the passengers. Most of the victims were members of the Ismaili Shia Muslim minority community. Members of minority communities have been victims of targeted killings and accusations of blasphemy, a crime that carries the death penalty in Pakistan. Places of worship of various faiths have frequently been targeted for attack by terrorists. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from attending services at places of worship in Karachi, Lahore, and Peshawar, and outside of the diplomatic enclave in Islamabad without prior approval. Foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, on valid missionary visas have encountered increased scrutiny from local authorities since early 2011.

Pio1980
04-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Pakistan appears to be another country at war with itself.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dondilion
04-05-2016, 09:26 PM
The people flooding Europe behave more like migrants because they are shopping and are very selective of where they want to go.

merrylander
04-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Those pictures and the incidents they depict don't count because they don't fit Rob's ongoing narrative.
If you look closely at the pictures you will see a lot of people who do not seem that concerned.

That said my 'ongoing narrative' which everyone has chosen to ignore is that all of the phony concern expressed here for the 'migrants' we will never see or deal with is totally forgotten when it comes to the children fleeing rape and murder in Central America.

HarmanKardon
04-06-2016, 07:06 AM
The people flooding Europe behave more like migrants because they are shopping and are very selective of where they want to go.

"A refugee, according to the Geneva Convention of Refugees, is a person who is outside their country or citizenship, because they have well-founded grounds for fear of persecution".

These people are no freeloader but people who need the help of a human community.

donquixote99
04-06-2016, 07:29 AM
If you look closely at the pictures you will see a lot of people who do not seem that concerned.

I am, in the end, just saddened to read a comment like this.

Well, made a little sick too.

finnbow
04-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Were it not for the fact that America was complicit in causing the mess in Iraq and Syria, I might find it easier to be hostile toward the refugees/migrants. There's a great German idiom that's comes to mind: Das Problem ist auf unserem Mist gewachsen (the problem grew on our manure).

Boreas
04-06-2016, 09:12 AM

See? I was right, wasn't I?

merrylander
04-07-2016, 01:04 PM
I see everyone is still ducking the question - still worrying about the mote in a brother's eye and ignoring the beam?

Of course John we all know you are never wrong.:rolleyes:

Boreas
04-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I see everyone is still ducking the question

You haven't asked any questions unless you mean this one.

I thought you'd want people to forger that one.

- still worrying about the mote in a brother's eye and ignoring the beam?

All Muslims are evil. There; happy now?

donquixote99
04-07-2016, 03:05 PM
You haven't asked any questions unless you mean this one....

Oh, he asked a question all right:

This question was not ducked. He's been ducking the answer. But he's admitted to a mote in his eye. That's something I guess....

Boreas
04-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Oh, he asked a question all right:

This question was not ducked. He's been ducking the answer. But he's admitted to a mote in his eye. That's something I guess....

Well, I ignored that one since it had been adequately answered. unless he's hoping I'll tell hem why the people in the photo look so unconcerned.

Dondilion
04-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Barbarians aided by the media are trying to bully Europe.

Macedonia border guards are accused of "indiscriminate use of chemicals".
Wow, we are on the edge of "chemical attack".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/15-photos-show-whats-happening-202000231.html

Boreas
04-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Barbarians aided by the media are trying to bully Europe.

Macedonia border guards are accused of "indiscriminate use of chemicals".
Wow, we are on the edge of "chemical attack".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/15-photos-show-whats-happening-202000231.html

Doctors Without Borders told the news service they treated about 300 people for tear gas exposure and trauma.

The Greek government has condemned the actions of the Macedonian police. Government spokesman George Kyritsis told the BBC "the indiscriminate use of chemicals, rubber bullets and stun grenades against vulnerable populations ... is a dangerous and deplorable act."

Nice try.

nailer
04-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Nice try.

Dondilion's inference is supported by Kyritsis' use of chemicals in his statement.

donquixote99
04-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Most of the people in the Yahoo piece were putting plenty of spin on their opinions, a practice echoed here in the label 'barbarian bullies.'

nailer
04-11-2016, 10:51 AM
I've yet to meet a barbarian who isn't a bully.

Dondilion
04-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Barbarian bullies are kind words for people who are trying to kick in your doors.

This is a sign of what is in store for Europe.

Dondilion
04-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Bullies put Europe under siege.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-remain-high-idomeni-where-162638754.html

modge
08-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Barbarian bullies are kind words for people who are trying to kick in your doors.

This is a sign of what is in store for Europe.

And a sign for the USA.

Pio1980
08-09-2016, 05:49 PM
We already have a xenophobe running for Prez representing that outlook.
We should change the unofficial motto to "I've got mine, fuck you" if his party gets in.

modge
08-15-2016, 07:13 PM
We already have a xenophobe running for Prez representing that outlook.
We should change the unofficial motto to "I've got mine, fuck you" if his party gets in.

Ok, you let has many ISIS and the rest of the crack pots into American then try and stop them.

Sent from my pc while sipping tea.

Pio1980
08-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Ok, you let has many ISIS and the rest of the crack pots into American then try and stop them.

Sent from my pc while sipping tea.

As you are undoubtedly already aware, it's not that simple or easy.

Pio1980
08-25-2016, 09:57 AM
V for Vendetta-style resistance fighting ISIS
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/25/middleeast/muqawama-mosul-resistance-fighters/index.html

Dondilion
09-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Frau Merkel after recent election results: "If I could, I would turn back the time by many, many years,"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merkel-says-accepts-share-responsibility-berlin-defeat-120205014.html

HarmanKardon
09-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Her time is running out. Just 12 more months I have to suffer from Chancellor Merkel. The next Chancellor is probably Sigmar Gabriel (SPD).

HarmanKardon
10-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Nice little story:

Last weekend the authorities found extremely dangerous explosives in an apartment in Chemnitz. The tenant, a Syrian migrant was planning a terror attack, a 22 years old man, who came to Germany as a Syrian refugee last year and became radicalized by the internet.

The operation with hundreds of police officers failed at last, the man was able to escape, although some officers watched him disappear in a side street. A manhunt started and lasted some 48 hours. But they could not find this man.

Last evening, at late night, the terrorist asked two Syrians, migrants as well, at the Leipzig railway station if he could stay overnight in their apartment. They agreed. After arriving in the apartment they tied him and called the police. They knew him by a wanted foto from twitter.

Well done!

donquixote99
10-10-2016, 12:12 PM
There you go. If there'd been no Syrians around, he'd have continued to evade.

nailer
10-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Although he would not have been there evading if there were no Syrians around.

Boreas
10-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Although he would not have been there evading if there were no Syrians around.

If he were successfully evading, how would you know?

HarmanKardon
10-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks for making fun of the issue. Sometimes you guys are fascinating supercilious.

Boreas
10-10-2016, 01:15 PM
We're a little preoccupied over here at the moment, Chris.

HarmanKardon
10-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Probably a good moment for a PC break.

bobabode
10-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Nice little story:

Last weekend the authorities found extremely dangerous explosives in an apartment in Chemnitz. The tenant, a Syrian migrant was planning a terror attack, a 22 years old man, who came to Germany as a Syrian refugee last year and became radicalized by the internet.

The operation with hundreds of police officers failed at last, the man was able to escape, although some officers watched him disappear in a side street. A manhunt started and lasted some 48 hours. But they could not find this man.

Last evening, at late night, the terrorist asked two Syrians, migrants as well, at the Leipzig railway station if he could stay overnight in their apartment. They agreed. After arriving in the apartment they tied him and called the police. They knew him by a wanted foto from twitter.

Well done!

Thanks Chris. Every Syrian-American I've met are gracious, hardworking and kind. They will be an asset to German society.

bobabode
10-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Probably a good moment for a PC break.

Nein, nein, nein. Don't pay any attention to those guys, their breath smells of elderberries and parrot droppings. :D

HarmanKardon
10-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Thank you for your encouragement, Spaminator. I actually should not be so annoyed when retired sperminators reply nonsense.

VanishingPoi
10-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Everyone keeps talking about immigrants to Europe but what about Jordan, Lebanon, etc.... where the "majority" went. Just sayin.

bobabode
10-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Thank you for your encouragement, Spaminator. I actually should not be so annoyed when retired sperminators reply nonsense.

Here is that story from ThinkProgress https://thinkprogress.org/syrian-refugees-turn-in-bombmaker-germany-566d541d56c9#.jirqkpmei

HarmanKardon
10-12-2016, 02:05 AM
"Syrian refugees may have just stopped a major terror plot in Germany" - what a great headline!

Thanks for the link, Bob!

HarmanKardon
10-12-2016, 07:09 AM
From Leipzig with love... :D

HarmanKardon
10-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Police of Saxony - learn your damned lessons!!!

donquixote99
10-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Police of Saxony - learn your damned lessons!!!

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3015&d=1476274269

Translation of the cartoons waiter's speech by Google seemed to miss somehow.... "Wild-caught terrorist!" is probably a good restaurant-idiomatic translation.

Or, allow me to suggest "Catch of the day!"

HarmanKardon
10-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Hey Don - both a great! ;)

Vielen Dank!

HarmanKardon
10-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Latest:

Dschaber al-Bakr is dead! He killed himself by hanging, although the authorities controlled his cell hourly.

It would have been so important to examine him as much as possible in order to get as much info as possible about his criminal background.

After the escape of the evil rascal, the Saxonian authorities proved now again that they are as stupid as a Scheisshaufen.

donquixote99
10-13-2016, 06:56 AM
After all this time, we haven't figured out how to make a suicide-proof cell?

HarmanKardon
10-13-2016, 07:07 AM
He was such an important person, why didn't they supervise him permanently with a video camera of even with an officer??? At least until he would have made all relevant statements?

merrylander
10-13-2016, 12:20 PM
He was such an important person, why didn't they supervise him permanently with a video camera of even with an officer??? At least until he would have made all relevant statements?

Staff? Maybe they do not have the manpower to devote a guard to every prisoner? Hey a dead terrorist is a good terrorist.

HarmanKardon
10-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Rob he was not just a prisoner. He planned a severe terror attack in the next days at the Berlin airport. And he was a man with Isis background. We never will now get detailed information on this background which would have been also useful for other Western countries.

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 06:33 AM
Here one Daniel Pipes examines the attitude of a significant sector of Europeans to the influx of immigrant/refugees.

"The Tyranny Of Guilt"

http://www.newsmax.com/DanielPipes/xxxx/2016/11/16/id/759231/?hl=1&noRedirect=1

HarmanKardon
11-17-2016, 07:01 AM
I checked "Daniel Pipes" at Wikipedia. He has not a very original mind. Just a normal reactionary like you.

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 07:32 AM
I checked "Daniel Pipes" at Wikipedia. He has not a very original mind. Just a normal reactionary like you.

Substantive distortion or otherwise re the subject matter?

HarmanKardon
11-17-2016, 07:56 AM
Geert Wilders is the head of the most popular Dutch party (VVD)? Bullshit. His party (PVV) has 15 seats. The VVD has 40 seats.

Germany takes up islamic refugees because of the Holocaust?

How many more fairy tales are in that article? Oh my God, Don, wake up!

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 09:21 AM
Geert Wilders is the head of the most popular Dutch party (VVD)? Bullshit. His party (PVV) has 15 seats. The VVD has 40 seats.

The only substantive issue I have with the article is his assertion that a sense of guilt leads to Europeans not wanting to have children.

I believe that has more to do with increasing western secularism and the powerful voice of abortionists.

3 Fairy Tales?
Christian countries accept a huge influx of mostly Muslim immigrants.
The Christians have a low birth rate, not so the immigrants.
In Europe there is growing isolation between the two groups.

I discern the author is intimating a serious clash of cultures is coming which the
present leaders with the exception of the Visegrads do not want to discuss
or face squarely.

donquixote99
11-17-2016, 09:26 AM
It's the pill.

Where contraception under the control of women is freely available, birth rates decline. It's not that the majority decide not to have children. But those that do, can effectively avoid it. Many others just put it off for a while, and then never get around to it.

It appears to me that women always had kids because of their sex drive, and the 'have children drive' doesn't amount to so much. They typically bond with their kids like crazy once they have them, but getting to that point is another matter.

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 09:51 AM
It's the pill.

Where contraception under the control of women is freely available, birth rates decline.

You are right; it is not the powerful voice of abortionists per se.

The modern western world is becoming barren. The irony is that improving wealth reinforces birth rates decline.

nailer
11-17-2016, 10:04 AM

Group guilt can be a powerful force.

bobabode
11-17-2016, 10:09 AM
You are right; it is not the powerful voice of abortionists per se.

The modern western world is becoming barren. The irony is that improving wealth reinforces birth rates decline.

It seems to me that declining birthrates are a good thing. Less pressure on dwindling resources and less pollution resulting in less stress overall.

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 10:31 AM
It seems to me that declining birthrates are a good thing. Less pressure on dwindling resources and less pollution resulting in less stress overall.

The promotion for declining birth rates after a certain period/point engenders an excessive love of self and Mammon.

Pio1980
11-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Any consideration for a sustainable population level?

bobabode
11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
The promotion for declining birth rates after a certain period/point engenders an excessive love of self and Mammon.

Seems like a throwaway line rather than a thought out thesis. Care to expand?

Dondilion
11-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Seems like a throwaway line rather than a thought out thesis. Care to expand?

I confess it is personal observation. No scientific basis.

I have seen people who strive hard to achieve career and material well being
who view having children with dread...that it is a disaster. They become obsessed careerists.

Pio1980
11-17-2016, 11:24 AM
If you don't have to worry about the survival rate of your offspring, or live off them later, there's little incentive to have a multitude if it's optional.

bobabode
11-17-2016, 11:29 AM
I confess it is personal observation. No scientific basis.

I have seen people who strive hard to achieve career and material well being
who view having children with dread...that it is a disaster. They become obsessed careerists.

I guess some people are ill suited to be parents. Good for them and society at large to have made a conscious decision not to procreate. Coming from a large family, I felt it was my duty not to add to the burden. 1960's brainwashing. ;) Besides, I get to hang out with some pretty cool nieces and nephews occasionally.

Dondilion
11-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Merkel says she will deport 100,000 migrants. It seems reality has set in.

Her situation could have been worse if it wasn't for Victor Orban.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/736818/Migrant-crisis-Angela-Merkel-deport-100-000-refugees-failed-asylum-seekers-Germany

HarmanKardon
11-29-2016, 07:53 AM
No no no, Donny. No deportation, that sounds so holocaust-ish, and this is the reason why this expression is used in this context. The Brits will always love nazi related military words and terms when they talk about "Kraut" issues.

It is a matter of expulsion of migrants who got no residency permit, for what serious reason ever.

Dondilion
11-29-2016, 08:18 AM
It is ironic that the much maligned Orban has eased her pressure.

So many migrants/refugees even when they are given legal stay in other European countries leave and head for Germany.

Can you tell me what it is that is so attractive in the German package?

HarmanKardon
11-30-2016, 11:47 AM
It was primarily Erdogan who eased her pressure.

Germany is one of the greatest places on earth to live. Germany... and maybe Bhutan... and Switzerland.

Come to Germany, Sir. Let's have some lessons in savoir vivre...

Prosit! :)

finnbow
11-30-2016, 12:11 PM
It was primarily Erdogan who eased her pressure.

Germany is one of the greatest places on earth to live. Germany... and maybe Bhutan... and Switzerland.

Come to Germany, Sir. Let's have some lessons in savoir vivre...

Prosit! :)

Amen to that. There are many aspects of life there I prefer to here (as well as some here that I prefer to there).

HarmanKardon
11-30-2016, 12:17 PM
You know, Pat - no political or national chauvenism intended... :)

merrylander
12-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Well I see the Donald is going to solve our 'refugee' problem and he will countermand DACA.

HarmanKardon
12-04-2016, 08:30 AM
This is Maria, a 19 years old medical student from Freiburg, which is close to my hometown. The jogger has been raped and killed by a 17 years old migrant from Afghanistan. Yesterday he has been taken into custody.

Bad news for Merkel, there is a turmoil in the social media, and not only the mob is involved in this turmoil. The crime triggered a huge wave of generalization to the disadvantage of the migrants.

donquixote99
12-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Every sympathy, of course, for victim and family.

That said, the worst bloody shirts, when it comes to inflaming people, are those found on nubile young females.

Dondilion
12-04-2016, 10:16 AM
This is Maria, a 19 years old medical student from Freiburg, which is close to my hometown. The jogger has been raped and killed by a 17 years old migrant from Afghanistan. Yesterday he has been taken into custody.

Bad news for Merkel, there is a turmoil in the social media, and not only the mob is involved in this turmoil. The crime triggered a huge wave of generalization to the disadvantage of the migrants.

Very sad.

Canada has a very important rule re immigrants. No single men. The accent is on family. 70% of the migrants coming to Europe are single men. Additionally they are mostly Muslims. There is great pressure on the male coming from societies where women are covered, kept very much in doors and are often escorted in public who now find himself in societies where the opposite is normal.

HarmanKardon
12-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Aren't these guys familiar with masturbation in order to get some relief from time to time? Of course our society provides a lot of sexual "provocation" for muslims who grew up with women in burkas.

HarmanKardon
12-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Good news from Austria!

Ultra-right presidental candidate Hofer just lost the election, the new President of Austria is van der Bellen, formerly Green Party, now independent.

I am glad that the hate preacher Hofer has not been successful! But most likely this is not a severe setback for the worldwide populism movement.

Oerets
12-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Good news from Austria!

Ultra-right presidental candidate Hofer just lost the election, the new President of Austria is van der Bellen, formerly Green Party, now independent.

I am glad that the hate preacher Hofer has not been successful! But most likely this is not a severe setback for the worldwide populism movement.

Let's hope Trump IS the end of the hate tidal wave sweeping around the world!

Barney

HarmanKardon
12-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Let's hope Trump the end of the hate tidal wave sweeping around the world!

Barney

I am sorry, but I do not understand your comment (language barrier). Could you express your opinion differently, please?

finnbow
12-04-2016, 12:54 PM
I am sorry, but I do not understand your comment (language barrier). Could you express your opinion differently, please?

Volksverhetzung.

HarmanKardon
12-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Vielen Dank, Freund Pat.

finnbow
12-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Vielen Dank, Freund Pat.

Nichts zu danken, Chris.;)

Oerets
12-04-2016, 02:21 PM

I think Pat nailed it with, "incitement of the masses" reply.

My point was around the world the rise in ultra Right political groups winning seats of power of late. Groups basing their ideology in hate and fear of others not like them for the most part.
Then the hope of the world seeing and fearing the results from Trump winning stemmed the rise.

Barney

merrylander
12-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Well maybe Austria's election will turn the tide, we can but hope.

Dondilion
02-22-2017, 07:00 PM
As reality sets in, Brussels approves German, French proposals on reviewing Schengen rules.

https://www.rt.com/news/378328-france-germany-schengen-change/

Pio1980
02-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Our treatment of refugees has negativey affected our ability to draw critical alliances, not to mention a vital injection of enthusiastic and grateful contributory energy to our economy and culture.

Dondilion
02-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Our treatment of refugees has negativey affected our ability to draw critical alliances, not to mention a vital injection of enthusiastic and grateful contributory energy to our economy and culture.

Our treatment of refugees have been excellent to the point where criminal organizations have began playing us especially on our southern borders.

Pio1980
02-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Our treatment of refugees have been excellent to the point where criminal organizations have began playing us especially on our southern borders.

Gaming US laws for profit is a never ending enterprise, particularly in DC and the WH these days. Screwing the defenseless for gain goes without saying.

CarlV
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Gaming US laws for profit is a never ending enterprise, particularly in DC and the WH these days. Screwing the defenseless for gain goes without saying.

Yep, those in DC are at war with the common working US citizens. Objectively looking at what Trump has done since being sworn in confirms this. Ryan and his vouchers too, take from the poor and give to the rich.

Carl

donquixote99
03-06-2017, 09:47 AM
As I've said elsewhere, look at what they do, not at what they say.