BlueStreak
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
What do y'all make of this?

Dave

Twodogs
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
What do y'all make of this?

Dave

link? What is it, the opposite of the tea party for the left? I hope so!

Boreas
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
link? What is it, the opposite of the tea party for the left? I hope so!

From what I've read (which is very little) that's pretty much it but the rhetoric is considerably less inflamed.

"As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process."

John

http://coffeepartyusa.com/

d-ray657
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
They said what I have been saying, but more succinctly than I have.

At this moment in history, we are at the point of a constitutional crisis over the power alignment between corporations, we the people, and our government.

Regards,

D-Ray

Twodogs
03-17-2010, 11:16 AM
From what I've read (which is very little) that's pretty much it but the rhetoric is considerably less inflamed.

"As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process."

John

http://coffeepartyusa.com/

Yes, let's ask the politicians very nicely to do the right things. Not gonna happen, even though we wish it could be that simple and civil.:(

Boreas
03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Yes, let's ask the politicians very nicely to do the right things. Not gonna happen, even though we wish it could be that simple and civil.:(

I worry a little about that too but I hope that there's some (effective) middle ground between being nice and being - no offense, TD - total assholes like many of the Tea Partiers at those town hall meetings or the ones who carry the really ugly placards.

John

finnbow
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Depending on your politics I suppose, the Coffee Party may be a better place to go looking to get laid (lots of grown up hippie chicks). I think their meetings could be more thoughtful, etc., but as to its effectiveness, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Its own bylaws preclude the Coffee Party from being squeaky enough IMHO.

Twodogs
03-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Depending on your politics I suppose, the Coffee Party may be a better place to go looking to get laid (lots of grown up hippie chicks). I think their meetings could be more thoughtful, etc., but as to its effectiveness, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Its own bylaws preclude the Coffee Party from being squeaky enough IMHO.

Seriously now, have you ever compared conservative women to liberal women. That's all I'm gonna say about that.:)

finnbow
03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Seriously now, have you ever compared conservative women to liberal women. That's all I'm gonna say about that.:)

Who said anything about looks?;)

BlueStreak
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Oh, I dunno about that. Maybe the ones on your t.v. set. But, Amy, 5'3", 120 lbs, Blonde hair, bright Green eyes, gave me one of the best romps of my life when I agreed to go to a PETA rally with her, and there were TONS of fine young things at that event, Old Hoss. The speeches made me nuts, and there were some pretty whacko ideas being bantored about, but the sex made it all worth it.:p

You should try it sometime. Ya might wanna take some earplugs, though.

Regards,
Dave

finnbow
03-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Maybe the ones on your t.v. set. But, Amy, 5'3", 120 lbs, Blonde hair, bright Green eyes, gave me one of the best romps of my life when I agreed to go to a PETA rally with her ...

I bet that big juicy steak you had when you got home was good too.:D

Boreas
03-17-2010, 12:42 PM

I guess you're talking about the Foxbots. All part of the plan, TD. All part of the plan. Sex sells. Put a hot looking blonde on the boob tube (pun intended), give her some total horseshit to sell and you'd be surprised how easy it is to swallow.

John

Twodogs
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I guess you're talking about the Foxbots. All part of the plan, TD. All part of the plan. Sex sells. Put a hot looking blonde on the boob tube (pun intended), give her some total horseshit to sell and you'd be surprised how easy it is to swallow.

John

Absolutely agree, but the FOX babes are not just pretty faces. Check out their resumes, they are all very intelligent. I've often wondered where they find them??

d-ray657
03-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Absolutely agree, but the FOX babes are not just pretty faces. Check out their resumes, they are all very intelligent. I've often wondered where they find them??

My kid dated a couple of pretty smart blonds (and one that fit the stereotype). Good looks don't preclude brains. I guess the difference is hiring a hot chick who is qualified, or hiring the most qualified, hot or not. No matter what qualifications you need, you narrow the field of candidates when you add hotness to the qualifications.

Regards,

D-ray

Charles
03-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Hippie chicks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwC8k1RaNUQ

Chas

BlueStreak
03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I bet that big juicy steak you had when you got home was good too.:D

Oh, hell yes. As a matter of fact it was my love of consuming meat that killed that relationship. Vegetarian fare can actually be very good when it's done right. But, I had to sneak off for a t-bone. I Loves me a thick juicy steak.:D

Dave

merrylander
03-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Hey if it is a toss up between Paula Zahn and Ann Coulter I know which way I would vote.:p