PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Ideology, Objectives

BlueStreak
04-23-2016, 05:48 PM
I sit back and listen to conservatives bitch and whine about "protesters", "union thugs" and so on, crying, "Just do as the cops tell you!", "Shut up and do your job!", "If you don't want to go to jail, obey the law!", etc., etc., etc. They just seem to despise anyone who stands up to moneyed power, don't they?

Then I consider their dogged insistence that "America is not a Democracy!", that "freedom of speech" only applies to preachers, "Liberal" bashing propagandists and homophobic bigots...............

Then I attach all of this to their obvious and nearly perverse love affair with armed/uniformed governmental employees such as law enforcement and the military and I can't help but wonder;

Who is it that supports oppressive government?

Really, think about that. They claim they oppose governmental power, but the military budget is never big enough for them, their answer to crime always seems to involve little more than more cops with less restrictions and more prisons and less laws restricting the ability of citizens to kill each other............ Well, just how in the hell do they think "governmental power" manifests itself?

It manifests itself in uniformed government employees cracking the skulls of anyone who ".....gets out of line.". It manifests itself in "protesters" being gagged and beaten. It manifests itself in government making it difficult to impossible to fight corporate abuses.

So, tell me;

nailer
04-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Oppressors.

donquixote99
04-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Oppressors.

I just invented NAILER jokes!

You know who Nailer told me was in the hospital? Sick people!

You know what Nailer got when he crossed a stream and a brook? Wet feet!

You know what really burns Nailer's ass? A brush fire about this high....

donquixote99
04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I sit back and listen to conservatives bitch and whine about "protesters", "union thugs" and so on, crying, "Just do as the cops tell you!", "Shut up and do your job!", "If you don't want to go to jail, obey the law!", etc., etc., etc. They just seem to despise anyone who stands up to moneyed power, don't they?

Then I consider their dogged insistence that "America is not a Democracy!", that "freedom of speech" only applies to preachers, "Liberal" bashing propagandists and homophobic bigots...............

Then I attach all of this to their obvious and nearly perverse love affair with armed/uniformed governmental employees such as law enforcement and the military and I can't help but wonder;

Really, think about that. They claim they oppose governmental power, but the military budget is never big enough for them, their answer to crime always seems to involve little more than more cops with less restrictions and more prisons and less laws restricting the ability of citizens to kill each other............ Well, just how in the hell do they think "governmental power" manifests itself?

It manifests itself in uniformed government employees cracking the skulls of anyone who ".....gets out of line.". It manifests itself in "protesters" being gagged and beaten. It manifests itself in government making it difficult to impossible to fight corporate abuses.

So, tell me;

Authoritarians--now concentrated in the Republican party.

BlueStreak
04-23-2016, 06:54 PM

No shit!

finnbow
04-23-2016, 07:11 PM

Yep. They want freedom for themselves (blue collar whites and their corporate overlords), while keeping the undesirables (blacks, Hispanics, LGBT's, Muslims, etc.) in check via a police state. I think we've seen this before.

Boreas
04-23-2016, 07:55 PM
They want a big badass military and a matching police force and a whole bunch of guns so they can protect themselves from that big badass military and matching police force

Pio1980
04-23-2016, 07:56 PM
The mantra, long form;
"Nobody and nothing will take away my God given right to take whatever I want or please from anyone or anything I choose by any means necessary."

Short form;
"I've got mine, fuck you".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rajoo
04-23-2016, 08:06 PM
If the masses behave themselves, follow and obey the law, do not protest about any injustices, god forbid do not get sick and if they do, die quietly; they are more easily governed. And this is far less expensive which is the main goal.

This master plan has one fatal flaw though, why would you arm the population that you wish to make docile?

donquixote99
04-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Because their arms are irrelevant. No one can conduct a point defense against the government.

bobabode
04-23-2016, 08:14 PM
False sense of security, Raj. ;)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6WVgWSbRyyoPo6mq0hjkIruDRufPfw aaaOaK-hkarzf62LgF-Wg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbOhJfn6XKliEuho3l9OeItRxUcNHJD OOW0T2mwyXhc6GRQMjJ

BlueStreak
04-23-2016, 08:28 PM
False sense of security, Raj. ;)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6WVgWSbRyyoPo6mq0hjkIruDRufPfw aaaOaK-hkarzf62LgF-Wg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbOhJfn6XKliEuho3l9OeItRxUcNHJD OOW0T2mwyXhc6GRQMjJ

As a friend of mine once said,

"We'll buy a trillion dollars worth of shit to protect ourselves from people who nearly took us down with box cutters and a handful of airline tickets......and still end up fighting them twenty years from now."

nailer
04-23-2016, 08:51 PM
I just invented NAILER jokes!

You know who Nailer told me was in the hospital? Sick people!

You know what Nailer got when he crossed a stream and a brook? Wet feet!

You know what really burns Nailer's ass? A brush fire about this high....

Apparently you're the one suffering from a burnt ass. :)

FWIW, your answers are wrong. :cool:

whell
04-23-2016, 09:12 PM

So, tell me;

So, have you really missed what the supporters of both Trump and Sanders are all about? ....and the last 7 years weren't an exercise in the expansion of the power of the federal gov't?

whell
04-23-2016, 09:20 PM

No shit!

Please explain to me how your definition of "authoritarian" doesn't apply to Mrs H Clinton? Or even Obama?

Rajoo
04-23-2016, 09:33 PM
So, have you really missed what the supporters of both Trump and Sanders are all about? ....and the last 7 years weren't an exercise in the expansion of the power of the federal gov't?

In my humble opinion, the last seven years have been about rebuilding the economy that was left in ruins by Mr. Obama's predecessor. And the passing of Obamacare that gave Republicans a seven year diarrhea.

d-ray657
04-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Please explain to me how your definition of "authoritarian" doesn't apply to Mrs H Clinton? Or even Obama?

That one is easy. Trump's rhetoric targets those who are easy to isolate, and who are essentially powerless to resist the assertion of power. It builds on the insecurity of people who once believed that they were God's chosen people, and can't accept that people who are different are nevertheless persons of value and dignity. That rhetoric would use the authority of the government to allegedly preserve a way of life that is no longer available nor desirable.

Hillary and Obama do not use that rhetoric. Whether they can deliver or not, the rhetoric of Obama and Hillary speaks to the empowerment of those who do not and have not had power.

donquixote99
04-23-2016, 10:29 PM

Your request is refused, on the grounds that you always refuse my requests of a similar nature.

donquixote99
04-23-2016, 10:31 PM
Apparently you're the one suffering from a burnt ass. :)

FWIW, your answers are wrong. :cool:

My ass is fine.

It's amazing how beside the point the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' of the answers is.

BlueStreak
04-23-2016, 10:47 PM
That one is easy. Trump's rhetoric targets those who are easy to isolate, and who are essentially powerless to resist the assertion of power. It builds on the insecurity of people who once believed that they were God's chosen people, and can't accept that people who are different are nevertheless persons of value and dignity. That rhetoric would use the authority of the government to allegedly preserve a way of life that is no longer available nor desirable.

Hillary and Obama do not use that rhetoric. Whether they can deliver or not, the rhetoric of Obama and Hillary speaks to the empowerment of those who do not and have not had power.

+1. Excellent post.

BlueStreak
04-23-2016, 11:03 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how Republicans can still claim to be the party of "small, non-interfering government" as they openly seek to run the entire world (by force, if necessary) and use the muscle of government to advance their religious beliefs. (Among other things.)

Little of what they say actually fits what they do. They are very ambitious when it comes to manipulating the minds of the public.

And, BTW; Thanks for pointing out that there is little difference in quality of character between Republican and Democratic Parties. However, being a Sanders supporter, I haven't a clue what you were talking about with that comment or how Bernie and the spoiled rich kid have anything in common.

nailer
04-24-2016, 09:44 AM
My ass is fine.

It's amazing how beside the point the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' of the answers is.

Wrong as in incorrect. ;)

Understand that you don't get it and are amazed.

nailer
04-24-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how Republicans can still claim to be the party of "small, non-interfering government" as they openly seek to run the entire world (by force, if necessary) and use the muscle of government to advance their religious beliefs. (Among other things.)

Little of what they say actually fits what they do. They are very ambitious when it comes to manipulating the minds of the public.

And, BTW; Thanks for pointing out that there is little difference in quality of character between Republican and Democratic Parties. However, being a Sanders supporter, I haven't a clue what you were talking about with that comment or how Bernie and the spoiled rich kid have anything in common.

The Donald and Bernie are a clear demonstration that a significant portion of each party are mad as hell about the political status quo. I see this as their primary commonality. They are also old white guys from blue states.

I think the popularity of both their campaigns demonstrates that many are concerned about the disappearance of representative government. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist here and won't until the tree of liberty is watered with tyrant and citizen blood.

Rajoo
04-24-2016, 10:05 AM
When Obama presidency goes into history books, the most important item would be the seven years (soon to be eight) of Republican obstructionism he faced in Congress.

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/-rxyuligc0a8-8nabcjbkw.png

whell
04-26-2016, 09:40 AM

The Republicans are no more the "party of small, non-interfering government" any more than the Dems are the "party of the little guy". Those are marketing slogans, nothing more. Big money campaign contributions and lobbying have so corrupted both parties that they are far more alike in than they are different. I've come to believe that the major parties keep the body politic focused on silly social issues to keep us from noticing that our political class has sold the country to the highest bidder several times over.

As far as Sanders and Trump, I think they've both tapped into a common nerve with their respective constituents. That common nerve is the one that says "My party doesn't represent my interests anymore."

nailer
04-26-2016, 10:44 AM
As far as Sanders and Trump, I think they've both tapped into a common nerve with their respective constituents. That common nerve is the one that says "My party doesn't represent my interests anymore."

Trump doesn't represent the interests of his constituency's majority.

noonereal
04-26-2016, 10:49 AM
The Republicans are no more the "party of small, non-interfering government" any more than the Dems are the "party of the little guy". Those are marketing slogans, nothing more. Big money campaign contributions and lobbying have so corrupted both parties that they are far more alike in than they are different. I've come to believe that the major parties keep the body politic focused on silly social issues to keep us from noticing that our political class has sold the country to the highest bidder several times over.

Your best post ever. Very nice, good job.

mpholland
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Your best post ever. Very nice, good job.

+1...Agreed. I was going to post a similar post, but you beat me to it. Now I don't have to.