PDA

View Full Version : He is extremely angry because he cannot find more people to kill.

Dondilion
06-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Footage from Turkey's airport shows one of the killers throwing down his gun in anger when he could not find people to kill.

WTF, who/what built such a person?

https://www.rt.com/news/349009-istanbul-airport-attacker-video/

finnbow
06-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Footage from Turkey's airport shows one of the killers throwing down his gun in anger when he could not find people to kill.

Growing up in Russia or a former Soviet Republic?

Dondilion
06-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Growing up in Russia or a former Soviet Republic?

So growing up in Russia makes him want to just kill, blow up himself?

finnbow
06-30-2016, 12:46 PM
So growing up in Russia makes him want to just kill, blow up himself?

Growing up Muslim in Chechnya or Dagestan seems to indeed have that effect.

barbara
06-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Growing up in the united states seems to have that effect on some too. It's not like we don't have our own home grown killers.

donquixote99
06-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Glance at history. Lots and lots of people get into kill mode. It's so far from uncommon I'm not at all sure we can call it abnormal.

MrPots
06-30-2016, 01:13 PM
IMO that's what you get when you cram too many animals in too small of a space.

Boreas
06-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Growing up Muslim in Chechnya or Dagestan seems to indeed have that effect.

Or France, or Belgium, or Turkey, or England, or the US. ISIL contains people from almost any country you'd care to mention. But by all means, blame Russia.

Dondilion
06-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Glance at history. Lots and lots of people get into kill mode. It's so far from uncommon I'm not at all sure we can call it abnormal.

For me personally, it is hard to understand, to "see" this guy.

finnbow
06-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Or France, or Belgium, or Turkey, or England, or the US. ISIL contains people from almost any country you'd care to mention. But by all means, blame Russia.

Just trying to jerk the chains of the Russky fanboys here.:eek:

icenine
06-30-2016, 02:43 PM

The killer in Turkey probably had strong views about whole communities of "others", but decided to take stronger action than say just posting about them on internet forums.

Dondilion
06-30-2016, 02:59 PM
The killer in Turkey probably had strong views about whole communities of "others", but decided to take stronger action than say just posting about them on internet forums.

More stretching.

Boreas
06-30-2016, 03:27 PM
More stretching.

Finn and ice are unreconstructed cold warriors. The recent downturn in East/West relations must seem like a kind of vindication to them.

finnbow
06-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Finn and ice are unreconstructed cold warriors. The recent downturn in East/West relations must seem like a kind of vindication to them.

Not exactly. I just don't appreciate the wonders of Putin like you and Don. Maybe it's a man-boob thing.:eek:

Seriously though, having been to the Soviet Union and a number of Eastern Bloc countries during the Cold War, it's hard to have a warm fuzzy for the place. Moreover, I've been to a number of the former Eastern Bloc states since they gained independence (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Estonia, eastern Germany) and the contrast between what once was and today is quite remarkable. Russia is a Third World country with a First World army, led by an authoritarian despot with a short man complex. Other than that, I guess it's OK.

Boreas
06-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Not exactly. I just don't appreciate the wonders of Putin like you and Don. Maybe it's a man-boob thing.:eek:

I'm not a fan of Putin but I don't hold him in quite the low esteem that you do. On the other hand, I'm anything but a fan of the stunts that the NeoCons in the State Department like Victoria Nuland and the Republicans in the Senate like McCain pulled in Ukraine or of our expansion of NATO into Russia's sphere of influence, despite US assurances to the contrary.

Seriously though, having been to the Soviet Union and a number of Eastern Bloc countries during the Cold War, it's hard to have a warm fuzzy for the place. Moreover, I've been to a number of the former Eastern Bloc states since they gained independence (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Estonia, eastern Germany) and the contrast between what once was and today is quite remarkable. Russia is a Third World country with a First World army, led by an authoritarian despot with a short man complex. Other than that, I guess it's OK.

Have you been back to Russia post-collapse? You might find societal and economic progress similar to that you find so admirable in some former Warsaw Pact countries. And then there's the descent into right wing totalitarianism currently under way in Belarus, Hungary and Poland.

Dondilion
06-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Putin did well to stabilize Russia after the Post Soviet chaos. Being a former KGB he had good insights on the machinations of the George Soros Clique and was able to thwart colored revolutions in his home.

This was not an easy feat given the huge size of Russia (nine time zones). Efforts originating from outside were made to break up Russia, to separate the east from the west, to promote unruly regional power centers, to instigate religious unrest. All these failed.

The carrot of EU entry was used to install NATO on Russia's borders. The result: The countries on the borders lost their young and end up destabilizing England and Wales plus the creation of instability/hysteria in the border areas.

I fault Putin for his failure to diversify the economy of the country. Medvedev warned him. I guess he had to spend some money on modernizing the arm forces given the activities on his borders.

Ironically sanctions have forced diversification. The agricultural report looks promising.

Last but not least. Putin realized that God serves useful purpose in nation building. He has succored, restored and recognized the church. No one can accuse him of godlessness. :D

catswiththum
07-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Yes indeed - we go back to Bulgaria about once a year - my wife grew up under communist rule and she marvels at the changes. The most impressive to her are the availability of everything (she used to stand in line for hours to get whatever was available, if anything) and the palpable lifting of the fog of fear she used to dread.

Also, Estonia is a wonder - I could live there.

Dondilion
07-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Evidently it is much easier to manage/transform small countries than a country that rolls from Europe to Japan.

For instance Estonia: 1.3 million people.
Bulgaria : 7.2 million