PDA

View Full Version : Always starts as a peaceful protest

Wasillaguy
07-07-2016, 11:13 PM
And then the professionals move in and do their thing.
4 dead so far in Dallas. I'm sure this will help solve all the problems.

Pio1980
07-07-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm appalled, but not suprized, it's a more rational reaction than rioting. Dunno if Dallas has the all-too-usual them vs us police vs black citizen relationship.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

icenine
07-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Open carry. It would indeed facilitate an ambush since it is legal to walk around with an AR-15 in Texas. The killers don't even have to hide their weapons before they start shooting everyone...

Boreas
07-08-2016, 12:01 AM
Open carry. It would indeed facilitate an ambush since it is legal to walk around with an AR-15 in Texas. The killers don't even have to hide their weapons before they start shooting everyone...

Unless you're black. Alton Sterling was jacked up, tased and then murdered because someone told the cops he had a gun in his pocket.

Pio1980
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Apparently, Dallas has good rapport between LEO and citizens including minorities. It's likely that those shot were good professional LEOs deserving admiration and respect from all.
The toxic influence the privelege self-entitled frat boys in blue place in this relationship should never be excused, defended, or shielded, lest this become the result of that ongoing betrayal of responsibility.

Wasillaguy
07-08-2016, 11:03 AM

I suppose you missed the reports that there WAS a protestor walking around with his AR-15. He was not executed by the cops when the shooting started. He voluntarily handed it over, and then was protected by the very police who were under attack.

icenine
07-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Unless you're black. Alton Sterling was jacked up, tased and then murdered because someone told the cops he had a gun in his pocket.

Yes open carry is white friendly sadly. I don't like it at all.

icenine
07-08-2016, 11:51 AM
I suppose you missed the reports that there WAS a protestor walking around with his AR-15. He was not executed by the cops when the shooting started. He voluntarily handed it over, and then was protected by the very police who were under attack.

How do we know the killers didn't walk around openly either?

Wasillaguy
07-08-2016, 12:14 PM
How do we know the killers didn't walk around openly either?

Pretty much every killer walks around openly before they kill. They're people, out there in the world.

icenine
07-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Exactly. Why facilitate potential killers by allowing open carry of long guns?

Wasillaguy
07-08-2016, 01:20 PM
So, did you have a point, or were we just emphasizing that people walk around?

Pio1980
07-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Are all Conservatives idiots, or is it some just sound like idiots?

Oerets
07-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Are all Conservatives idiots, or us it some just sound like idiots?

Just the louder ones, thinking yelling and screaming makes their arguments sensible.

Barney

MrPots
07-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Well no, he was publicly identified by the police as one of the shooters, turned himself in to keep from being killed by the police, and now is receiving death threats because police ID him as shooter. So no, his life is now in danger because of the police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mark-hughes-dallas-shooting-death-threats_us_577f5800e4b0c590f7e8d038

Wasillaguy
07-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Well no, he was publicly identified by the police as one of the shooters, turned himself in to keep from being killed by the police, and now is receiving death threats because police ID him as shooter. So no, his life is now in danger because of the police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mark-hughes-dallas-shooting-death-threats_us_577f5800e4b0c590f7e8d038

They didn't identify him as a shooter, they identified him as a suspect.
He's the brother of the organizer of the event, and the organizer told him to hand over the weapon to the police, which he did. He later turned himself in after learning the police had identified him as a suspect. The police quickly put out a press release that he was not involved.
Personally, I think open carry is the wrong way to go, for exactly this kind of scenario. If his defensive weapon were concealed, he wouldn't have drawn the attention. That said, it's his right. If he's willing to accept the risks of open carry, I'm not going to infringe his right.

Pio1980
07-08-2016, 03:37 PM
They didn't identify him as a shooter, they identified him as a suspect.
He's the brother of the organizer of the event, and the organizer told him to hand over the weapon to the police, which he did. He later turned himself in after learning the police had identified him as a suspect. The police quickly put out a press release that he was not involved.
Personally, I think open carry is the wrong way to go, for exactly this kind of scenario. If his defensive weapon were concealed, he wouldn't have drawn the attention. That said, it's his right. If he's willing to accept the risks of open carry, I'm not going to infringe his right.

I pretty much agree, I also think open carry isn't good practice for non-LEOs.

BlueStreak
07-09-2016, 12:44 AM
I have a conservative coworker who keeps a vicious dog in his backyard, because Lord knows it's a scary, violent world out there and you never know when a vicious dog might come in handy...........

Anyhow;

Tonight, he was upset because his neighbor complained that she was tired of his dog barking and snarling at her kids through the fence. She said the dog frightens them. So, he tells us that he spoke to the kids and warned them; "Don't reach through the fence because my dog might rip your hand off. Then, the law will kill my dog and that would make me very sad.".....

Compassionate Conservatism is so heartwarming.:rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share that nice story with the group.

BlueStreak
07-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Exactly. Why facilitate potential killers by allowing open carry of long guns?

Well because the 2nd reads, ".....shall not be infringed." and he's not a criminal until after he's committed wanton slaughter.

This is also why everyone should be able to open carry whatever weapon they damn well please, wherever the damn well please. It saves crazed homicidal maniacs the inconvenience of having to be sneaky.

MrPots
07-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Well because the 2nd reads, ".....shall not be infringed." and he's not a criminal until after he's committed wanton slaughter.

This is also why everyone should be able to open carry whatever weapon they damn well please, wherever the damn well please. It saves crazed homicidal maniacs the inconvenience of having to be sneaky.

So if I wanted to carry around a bardiche or a crossbow I'd be within my rights?

donquixote99
07-09-2016, 09:56 AM
They are arms, aren't they? You'd hit a limit at full-automatic crossbows, perhaps.

What's a bardiche, anyway?

MrPots
07-09-2016, 10:25 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiW2vO72ObNAhUCOSYKHSkRAnUQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheworldissquare.com%2Fyavmir-almanac-weaponry%2F&psig=AFQjCNE1HtVeqLLSyGrgR6rs8jMzJN0NaA&ust=1468164328916671

My weapon of choice...next to the butter masher I use for home defense. (it's a heavy wooden mallet from the inside of a butter churn)

donquixote99
07-09-2016, 11:23 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiW2vO72ObNAhUCOSYKHSkRAnUQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheworldissquare.com%2Fyavmir-almanac-weaponry%2F&psig=AFQjCNE1HtVeqLLSyGrgR6rs8jMzJN0NaA&ust=1468164328916671

My weapon of choice...next to the butter masher I use for home defense. (it's a heavy wooden mallet from the inside of a butter churn)

Interresting. I wonder if anyone's ever tested one against kelvar.

Pio1980
07-09-2016, 11:57 AM

Sort of like being hit with a maul, penetration wouldn't be necessary. Otoh, ceramic plate armor?

donquixote99
07-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Sort of like being hit with a maul, penetration wouldn't be necessary. Otoh, ceramic plate armor?

I was talking about the bardiche, which turns out to be a poleaxe with about a four-foot pole:
http://theworldissquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/bardiche.jpg

Pio1980
07-09-2016, 01:00 PM
I was talking about the bardiche, which turns out to be a poleaxe with about a four-foot pole:
http://theworldissquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/bardiche.jpg

Ah yes, the pole axe. Against Kevlar probably no penetration of the fabric, the person in it wouldn't escape undamaged.

MrPots
07-09-2016, 01:55 PM

They can't wear Kelvar everywhere... :)

BlueStreak
07-09-2016, 04:30 PM
So if I wanted to carry around a bardiche or a crossbow I'd be within my rights?

Oh, absolutely. I don't understand why you aren't carrying your bardiche already. You might need it when your crocodile is sleeping.

I'm a garotte kind of guy, myself. Nothing quite as satisfying as slicing off someones noggin with piano wire. I take mine everywhere, even to teach Sunday school, because you just never know.

bobabode
07-09-2016, 05:11 PM
I want a Bofors twin 40mm mounted in the back of my Ford Ranger.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-8h6L-swfIS9wqScgPqSRn8DznStVMChRs-UUY-SxEm07Rbh3JQ

Pio1980
07-09-2016, 05:21 PM
How about a Parrott gun?
Seems like overkill tho.
I was reading this great big book about putting your parrott down, and it said you could shoot them right there above the beak with the gun.
Or you could just hit them with the book.

whell
07-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Sorta back on topic. Starts out "peaceful"...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/06/schuettes-midland-home-attacked-mob-line-5-protest/86778244/

This goes way too far in my opinion. For the record, I'm no fan of this pipeline. However...

If these idiots want to go to the Capitol building or other government building and protest, fine. If they want to go to the office building of the pipeline operators and protest, fine. But going to the AG's house and protesting goes a bit far. Going on the property and banging on the door and windows is beyond the pale.

In this case, the AG was out of state on gov't business. His wife was apparently the only one home at the time, and she was scared shitless by these ass holes.

If I were traveling and some jack asses showed up at my house, came onto my property and purposefully scared the hell out of my wife and/or kids, the SOB's would be sorry they were ever born when I got back home.

Pio1980
07-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Sorta back on topic. Starts out "peaceful"...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/06/schuettes-midland-home-attacked-mob-line-5-protest/86778244/

This goes way too far in my opinion. For the record, I'm no fan of this pipeline. However...

If these idiots want to go to the Capitol building or other government building and protest, fine. If they want to go to the office building of the pipeline operators and protest, fine. But going to the AG's house and protesting goes a bit far. Going on the property and banging on the door and windows is beyond the pale.

In this case, the AG was out of state on gov't business. His wife was apparently the only one home at the time, and she was scared shitless by these ass holes.

If I were traveling and some jack asses showed up at my house, came onto my property and purposefully scared the hell out of my wife and/or kids, the SOB's would be sorry they were ever born when I got back home.

Sadly, nothing new.
Another underhanded tactic is publishing home addresses.

donquixote99
07-09-2016, 06:59 PM
I want a Bofors twin 40mm mounted in the back of my Ford Ranger.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-8h6L-swfIS9wqScgPqSRn8DznStVMChRs-UUY-SxEm07Rbh3JQ

That may work if you mount the Ranger on the back of a flatbed semi....

BTW, if they start firing I wouldn't want to be where the guy on the left is.

donquixote99
07-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Sadly, nothing new.
Another underhanded tactic is publishing home addresses.

The Earth First! crew has a long tradition of eco-terrorism. The house siege is a rotten tactic and the cops should have arrested the whole bunch.

Pio1980
07-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Radical activists of many types make life miserable for others, just cross the NRA for instance and the crazies go nuts with no restraint. Extremists stay true to form.

sheltiedave
07-10-2016, 07:39 AM
and this is why things are never going to change...we can't even change positions on an internet forum one iota. It is always one side is totally right, so there need be no change whatsoever...as the body count inexorably rises on both sides.

More deaths. More reactions. More people clamoring to call BLM a terrorist group(WTF). More cops killed. More guns made and sold. More concealed carries. Rinse and repeat.

whell
07-10-2016, 08:22 AM
and this is why things are never going to change...we can't even change positions on an internet forum one iota. It is always one side is totally right, so there need be no change whatsoever...as the body count inexorably rises on both sides.

More deaths. More reactions. More people clamoring to call BLM a terrorist group(WTF). More cops killed. More guns made and sold. More concealed carries. Rinse and repeat.

No one is saying "one side is totally right". But this certainly isn't "right":

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/09/amid-racial-strife-hundreds-seek-answers-in-protests-church-service/

From a truck parked in the eastbound lanes, protest organizers chanted slogans, spoke of racial injustice and urged the crowd to remain peaceful. The group mostly complied early on, but later into the night, police were targeted with rocks, fireworks and construction rebar taken from the roadway.

Scores of white demonstrators stood side-by-side at the perimeter of the crowd to protect others from arrest. Many were taken into custody.

Peaceful protesting can be effective, but this is absolutely couterproductive.

whell
07-10-2016, 08:30 AM

Oh, and elevated, overheated rheroric really does corrupt political discourse doen't it? Wasn't that long ago that the Tea Party was being accused of all kinds of crazy stuff, including being a terrorist (http://www.politico.com/story/2011/07/the-tea-partys-terrorist-tactics-060202) group. Of course, no Tea Party rally ever resulted in the kind of mayhem that the BLM rallies or even the Occupt Wall Street bunch have caused.

donquixote99
07-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Going 'na na they did it too' doesn't actually refute anything dave said, does it?

You are the poster boy for 'we can't even change positions on an internet forum one iota.' I don't recall you ever even slightly acknowledging that an 'opponent' has anything of a point. You never drop the keyboard warrior persona in the topics--though you are of course capable of doing so, as you did in the recent discussion of moderation here.

icenine
07-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Have you noticed when a black person does a massacre the right wing has no hesitation in immediately politicizing the event (Hillary and Obama did it!) but when the white people shoot up a church or movie theater all the politicians on Wayne's gravy train shout "Don't Politicize" this tragedy. Pavlovian response to the hint of any sort of gun legislation.

MrPots
07-10-2016, 09:56 AM

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/09/amid-racial-strife-hundreds-seek-answers-in-protests-church-service/

From a truck parked in the eastbound lanes, protest organizers chanted slogans, spoke of racial injustice and urged the crowd to remain peaceful. The group mostly complied early on, but later into the night, police were targeted with rocks, fireworks and construction rebar taken from the roadway.

Scores of white demonstrators stood side-by-side at the perimeter of the crowd to protect others from arrest. Many were taken into custody.

Police use intimidation and violence to get their point across, it's what they understand. No change will be made until the police "understand" that they need to change how they police.

God knows we certainly cannot count on politicians to do their job; managing our police forces.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 10:07 AM

As opposed to the unjustified killing of black people by the police?

https://twitter.com/MaraGottfried/status/752136640550805504/photo/1

The horror!

whell
07-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Going 'na na they did it too' doesn't actually refute anything dave said, does it?

You are the poster boy for 'we can't even change positions on an internet forum one iota.' I don't recall you ever even slightly acknowledging that an 'opponent' has anything of a point. You never drop the keyboard warrior persona in the topics--though you are of course capable of doing so, as you did in the recent discussion of moderation here.

It certainly makes a point that you're apparently incapable of grasping or chose not to acknowledge. Let me try it one more time.

Inflammatory rhetoric is, in my opinion, cut from the same cloth as the emotional overdrive that turns peaceful protests into violent ones. It also undercuts reasonable debate because it blurs the meaning of certain words or phrases due to their misuse (the "dog whistle effect", if you will).

The Politico article I posted that referred to the Tea Party as terrorists - and there are plenty more articles like that - redefines terrorism as the legitimate use of protest and activism to produce an outcome that opponents don't support. Frankly, that reaction - and the use of the term "terrorism in this case - by the left is surprising because the left has a tradition of using protests and activism to achieve political goals. So when the term "terrorism" rebounds and is used in the context of some of the violence that has occurred during BLM events, its prior misuse becomes self defeating by those who used it.

You may disagree, but the Tea Party activists never resorted to "terrorism". If anything, they used non-violent protests and activism that has typically been a tradition on the left. The BLM events have turned violent, however. Protesters have been calling for violence against police. While there is no proof of terrorism in these activities, the violence and calls for violence do invite criticism and questions. When the definition of the word "terrorism" gets blurred, however, its may get easier to make the case for opponents of the movement that BLM members are behaving like terrorists.

whell
07-10-2016, 10:25 AM
As opposed to the unjustified killing of black people by the police?

https://twitter.com/MaraGottfried/status/752136640550805504/photo/1

The horror!

So what John is apparently saying here is that if a few innocent cops get bloodied or killed in the process of protesters making their point, so what? :rolleyes:

nailer
07-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Back in the early 80s the Atlantic Monthly had an article that argued African-American males were being written off by society. The article made a very good case, especially from the political/governance perspective presented. That the BLM movement exists lays proof to the article's premise.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 11:04 AM
So what John is apparently saying here is that if a few innocent cops get bloodied or killed in the process of protesters making their point, so what? :rolleyes:

And if a few innocent darkies get killed in the process of "maintaining order", so what?

whell
07-10-2016, 11:10 AM
And if a few innocent darkies get killed in the process of "maintaining order", so what?

You are one poor, sick little man.

CarlV
07-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Take away their hopes for a comfortable future with security and a decent chance of not even get to elderly if they work hard and they start acting as if there is nothing to lose, the nerve....:rolleyes:

Carl

Boreas
07-10-2016, 11:14 AM
The Politico article I posted that referred to the Tea Party as terrorists - and there are plenty more articles like that - redefines terrorism as the use of armed protest and activism to produce an outcome that opponents don't support.

Fixed it for you.

You may disagree, but the Tea Party activists never resorted to "terrorism". If anything, they used non-violent protests and activism that has typically been a tradition on the left. The BLM events have turned violent, however. Protesters have been calling for violence against police. While there is no proof of terrorism in these activities, the violence and calls for violence do invite criticism and questions. When the definition of the word "terrorism" gets blurred, however, its may get easier to make the case for opponents of the movement that BLM members are behaving like terrorists.

It's grotesquely unfair of you to attempt to conflate the peaceful protest in Dallas by BLM with the actions of one lone terrorist, a terrorist who shot a couple of the protesters, by the way, but that's precisely the sort of obscene casuistry we've all come to expect from you.

whell
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Back in the early 80s the Atlantic Monthly had an article that argued African-American males were being written off by society. The article made a very good case, especially from the political/governance perspective presented. That the BLM movement exists lays proof to the article's premise.

A 2011 DOJ study of homicide statistics (http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf) indicated that:

- Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide
victims and offenders. Th e victimization rate for blacks (27.8
per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per
100,000). The offending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost
8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000).

- black children under age 5 have remained substantially higher
than rates for white children or children of other races.

- Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1980 through 2008—
63% were killed by a parent—33% were killed by their fathers
and 30% were killed by their mothers.

- From 1980 to 2008, black victims were over-represented in homicides involving drugs, with 62.1% of all drug-related homicides involving black
victims.

- While two-thirds of drug-related homicides were committed by
black offenders (65.6%), black offenders were less likely to be
involved in sex-related killings (43.4%), workplace homicides,
(25.8%) or homicides of elders age 65 or older (41.9%) compared
to their overall involvement as homicide offenders (52.5%).

Most murders were intraracial:

From 1980 through 2008—
- 84% of white victims were killed by whites ( gure 19).
- 93% of black victims were killed by blacks.

Stranger homicides were more likely to cross racial lines than homicides involving friends or acquaintances:

For homicides committed by—
- a stranger to the victim, 26.7% were interracial
- a friend or acquaintance of the victim, 9.7% were interracial

In 2008, black males age 18 to 24 years-old had the highest homicide victimization rate (91.1 homicides per 100,000). That rate was more than double the rate for black males age 25 or older (38.4 homicides per 100,000) and almost triple the rate for black males age 14 to 17 (31.4 homicides per 100,000).

Why the BLM folks aren't focused on reducing these types of crimes, I don't know. I guess because there's no one around with a cell phone recording video when most of these crimes are occurring?

whell
07-10-2016, 11:30 AM
It's grotesquely unfair of you to attempt to conflate the peaceful protest in Dallas by BLM with the actions of one lone terrorist, a terrorist who shot a couple of the protesters, by the way, but that's precisely the sort of obscene casuistry we've all come to expect from you.

Its not grotesquely unfair of you - though pretty typical - to miss the point. The most recent violent events - St Paul and Phoenix - are the ones I was referring to. Subtract Dallas from the equation completely, and the observation that outbreaks of violence at BLM protests have occurred still stands. The observation that the "violence" that has been alleged at any prior Tea Party function pales in comparison to what is actually happening this summer at BLM protests still stands.

nailer
07-10-2016, 11:34 AM
... In 2008, black males age 18 to 24 years-old had the highest homicide victimization rate (91.1 homicides per 100,000). That rate was more than double the rate for black males age 25 or older (38.4 homicides per 100,000) and almost triple the rate for black males age 14 to 17 (31.4 homicides per 100,000).[/I]

Why the BLM folks aren't focused on reducing these types of crimes, I don't know. I guess because there's no one around with a cell phone recording video when most of these crimes are occurring?

Why aren't we as a nation? Your/DOJ's statistics demonstrate a consequence of the article's point.

Tom Joad
07-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Pretty good article here giving the black perspective.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/opinion/sunday/what-white-america-fails-to-see.html

We all can see the same videos. But you insist that the camera doesn’t tell the whole story. Of course you’re right, but you don’t really want to see or hear that story.

At birth, you are given a pair of binoculars that see black life from a distance, never with the texture of intimacy. Those binoculars are privilege; they are status, regardless of your class. In fact the greatest privilege that exists is for white folk to get stopped by a cop and not end up dead when the encounter is over.

Those binoculars are also stories, bad stories, biased stories, harmful stories, about how black people are lazy, or dumb, or slick, or immoral, people who can’t be helped by the best schools or even God himself. These beliefs don’t make it into contemporary books, or into most classrooms. But they are passed down, informally, from one white mind to the next.

The problem is you do not want to know anything different from what you think you know. Your knowledge of black life, of the hardships we face, yes, those we sometimes create, those we most often endure, don’t concern you much. You think we have been handed everything because we have fought your selfish insistence that the world, all of it — all its resources, all its riches, all its bounty, all its grace — should be yours first, and foremost, and if there’s anything left, why then we can have some, but only if we ask politely and behave gratefully.

So you demand the Supreme Court give you back what was taken from you: more space in college classrooms that you dominate; better access to jobs in fire departments and police forces that you control. All the while your resentment builds, and your slow hate gathers steam. Your whiteness has become a burden too heavy for you to carry, so you outsource it to a vile political figure who amplifies your most detestable private thoughts.

Whiteness is blindness. It is the wish not to see what it will not know.

If you do not know us, you also refuse to hear us because you do not believe what we say. You have decided that enough is enough. If the cops must kill us for no good reason, then so be it because most of us are guilty anyway. If the black person that they kill turns out to be innocent, it is an acceptable death, a sacrificial one.

more here (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/opinion/sunday/what-white-america-fails-to-see.html)

Boreas
07-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Its not grotesquely unfair of you - though pretty typical - to miss the point. The most recent violent events - St Paul and Phoenix - are the ones I was referring to. Subtract Dallas from the equation completely, and the observation that outbreaks of violence at BLM protests have occurred still stands. The observation that the "violence" that has been alleged at any prior Tea Party function pales in comparison to still stands.

Subtract Dallas from the equation completely and what is actually happening this summer at BLM protests amounts to a little rock throwing.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Why aren't we as a nation? Your/DOJ's statistics demonstrate a consequence of the article's point.

Whell views this as an isolated phenomenon which proves that back people as a group are more violent than other groups.

whell
07-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Subtract Dallas from the equation completely and what is actually happening this summer at BLM protests amounts to a little rock throwing.

Wrong again:

www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/dallas-police-shooting-bristol-tennessee/

The TBI says the preliminary investigation reveals Scott may have targeted individuals and officers after being troubled by recent incidents involving African-Americans and law enforcement officers in other parts of the country. Investigators spoke to Scott Friday morning in the hospital.

According to the police report of the incident, witnesses heard a gunman yelling, "Police suck! Black lives matter!" around 2 a.m. ET, as he opened fire, the law enforcement official said. Police say the gunman killed one woman (a female newspaper carrier) and wounded three others, including the police officer.

whell
07-10-2016, 02:41 PM

...don't forget the Molotov cocktails...

68custom
07-10-2016, 02:58 PM
I think it is fair to say white people are treated differently by the police. also fair to say not every black guy out there is selling drugs or committing some other crime. as for a equitable way forward, I got nothing...

Boreas
07-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Wrong again:

The TBI says the preliminary investigation reveals Scott may have targeted individuals and officers after being troubled by recent incidents involving African-Americans and law enforcement officers in other parts of the country. Investigators spoke to Scott Friday morning in the hospital.

According to the police report of the incident, witnesses heard a gunman yelling, "Police suck! Black lives matter!" around 2 a.m. ET, as he opened fire, the law enforcement official said. Police say the gunman killed one woman (a female newspaper carrier) and wounded three others, including the police officer.

What the fuck does this have to do with BLM other than the fact that the sniper uttered those three words?

Better put a patch on that racism leak.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 03:19 PM
...don't forget the Molotov cocktails...

How about a link?

donquixote99
07-10-2016, 03:22 PM
It certainly makes a point that you're apparently incapable of grasping or chose not to acknowledge. Let me try it one more time.

Inflammatory rhetoric is, in my opinion, cut from the same cloth as the emotional overdrive that turns peaceful protests into violent ones. It also undercuts reasonable debate because it blurs the meaning of certain words or phrases due to their misuse (the "dog whistle effect", if you will).

The Politico article I posted that referred to the Tea Party as terrorists - and there are plenty more articles like that - redefines terrorism as the legitimate use of protest and activism to produce an outcome that opponents don't support. Frankly, that reaction - and the use of the term "terrorism in this case - by the left is surprising because the left has a tradition of using protests and activism to achieve political goals. So when the term "terrorism" rebounds and is used in the context of some of the violence that has occurred during BLM events, its prior misuse becomes self defeating by those who used it.

So your point was that because some people wrongly called the non-violent Tea Party guys terrorists, others are led to wrongly call some violent 'BLM' guys (if that what they were) terrorists?

OK, agreed. Was there anything else?

BTW, let me explain a little about 'dog whistles.' The word doesn't refer to vague or blurred definition words. It refers to words that carry extra meaning, a bigoted meaning, that mainly just a target audience easily understands, in addition to their ordinary meaning that everyone understands. So for example, saying 'urban thugs' means 'violent criminals in the city' to everybody, but people familiar with the rhetoric understand it to mean 'black criminals,' or, in a word, 'niggers.' Because it's a dog whistle, only some people hear the coded meaning, the same way only a dog hears a dog whistle.

It's good not to let the meaning of useful terms like 'dog whistle' become vague or blurred.

* speaking loosely both times as regards the Tea Party and BLM identifications

whell
07-10-2016, 04:33 PM
What the fuck does this have to do with BLM other than the fact that the sniper uttered those three words?

Inspiration? Motivation? Identification? All of the above?

whell
07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
How about a link?

How 'bout a video?

http://kstp.com/news/4th-precinct-protest-molotov-cocktails/3972478/

bobabode
07-10-2016, 04:40 PM
The shooter in Dallas is representative of the BLM movement in the way Dylan Roof is representative of all white Christians.

Rajoo
07-10-2016, 04:42 PM
The shooter in Dallas is representative of the BLM movement in the way Dylan Roof is representative of all white Christians.
+1.......

Wasillaguy
07-10-2016, 05:23 PM
https://cdn.ampproject.org/i/ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/549/cpsprodpb/15741/production/_90337878_capture.png

As he fell to the ground to die from a racist's bullet, Senior Corporal Lorne Ahrens could have used his dying breath to curse the world or spew hateful words at those who put him in his situation, but he used his last exhale to warn a black woman and her kids to get out of danger's way.
When she was hit and went down, pigs formed a blanket over her and her child, with no regard for their own safety.

Ask that woman if she'll be taking her boys to any more demonstrations to harass and taunt and blame cops for her neighborhood's problems. Who cared about her black life when the shit went down? All the BLMers thought mattered was their own black ass.

whell
07-10-2016, 06:58 PM

Didn't say the guy was "representative" of BLM. Inspired by, influenced by, motivated by, persuaded by, etc., yes.

whell
07-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Didn't say the guy was "representative" of BLM. Inspired by, influenced by, motivated by, persuaded by, etc., yes.

And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks its a possibility:

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c11a96b4ad082fe88aa0db04305/Article_2016-07-10-US--Police%20Shootings-Hate%20Groups/id-7518529cc49e47509b14c07e2c8614eb

DALLAS (AP) — Police shootings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota were followed by calls from black militant groups and others to seek vengeance against officers. Almost immediately, several officers were attacked, including the five slain by a sniper in Dallas.

Now authorities are investigating whether the Dallas gunman was directed by those groups or merely emboldened by them.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 08:05 PM
How 'bout a video?

http://kstp.com/news/4th-precinct-protest-molotov-cocktails/3972478/

That's what I thought you were referring to. This happened in November in response to another police murder. It did not involve BLM in any way.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 08:08 PM

Maybe he was just inspired by, influenced by, motivated by, persuaded by, etc., yet another police murder of two innocent black men.

Wasillaguy
07-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Maybe he was just inspired by, influenced by, motivated by, persuaded by, etc., yet another police murder of two innocent black men.

Maybe he was the type of person who jumps to conclusions rather than wait for the legal system to sort it out. The type who wants revenge instead of justice. The kind of guy who blames an entire profession for the misdeeds of a very few.

donquixote99
07-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Maybe he was the type of person who jumps to conclusions rather than wait for the legal system to sort it out. The type who wants revenge instead of justice. The kind of guy who blames an entire profession for the misdeeds of a very few.

The entire profession protects the very few. Until that changes, there's blame for all.

BlueStreak
07-10-2016, 09:16 PM
The protests have arrived here. They've blocked I-264 at the tunnel in Portsmouth and it's believed there are plans to block traffic at the Coliseum interchange in Hampton. This started about a half hour ago.

The conspiracy theorists are going nuts.

http://wavy.com/2016/07/10/unity-protests-underway-around-hampton-roads/

ZeroJunk
07-10-2016, 09:26 PM
There is a lot of positive sentiment for the young black man's situation following the killings. I hope they don't piss it all away.

bobabode
07-10-2016, 09:32 PM
The protests have arrived here. They've blocked I-264 at the tunnel in Portsmouth and it's believed there are plans to block traffic at the Coliseum interchange in Hampton. This started about a half hour ago.

The conspiracy theorists are going nuts.

http://wavy.com/2016/07/10/unity-protests-underway-around-hampton-roads/

"The Portsmouth Police Department is aware of the social media event posted in reference to a call for protesting in several cities across Hampton Roads, including Portsmouth. Chief Chapman and her executive staff are closely monitoring the situation and, as a professional law enforcement agency, are preparing to respond in a professional manner should the need arise. The primary goal of the Portsmouth Police Department is to protect and serve our community, including our citizens who wish to exercise their their First Amendment Right to peacefully assemble. For safety and security reasons, the Portsmouth Police Department will not be releasing our plans in advance to the media. However, we are encouraging the organizers of the event to coordinate with our department, so we can ensure that their event is successful."

I'll bet that line has the second amendment knuckledraggers foaming at the mouth. :cool:

ZeroJunk
07-10-2016, 09:47 PM
"The Portsmouth Police Department is aware of the social media event posted in reference to a call for protesting in several cities across Hampton Roads, including Portsmouth. Chief Chapman and her executive staff are closely monitoring the situation and, as a professional law enforcement agency, are preparing to respond in a professional manner should the need arise. The primary goal of the Portsmouth Police Department is to protect and serve our community, including our citizens who wish to exercise their their First Amendment Right to peacefully assemble. For safety and security reasons, the Portsmouth Police Department will not be releasing our plans in advance to the media. However, we are encouraging the organizers of the event to coordinate with our department, so we can ensure that their event is successful."

I'll bet that line has the second amendment knuckledraggers foaming at the mouth. :cool:

I hope some lunatic doesn't break in your house and you can practice the first amendment until he puts a bullet in your head. Consolation will be that at least you aren't a knuckle dragger.

Wasillaguy
07-10-2016, 09:50 PM
The entire profession protects the very few. Until that changes, there's blame for all.

You mean like in the hood where they all cover for the murderers of their own neighbors by not providing witness info to authorities?

bobabode
07-10-2016, 09:50 PM
I hope some lunatic doesn't break in your house and you can practice the first amendment until he puts a bullet in your head. Consolation will be that at least you aren't a knuckle dragger.

You've been reading too much D'uhmerican Rifleman, bro. Thanks for your concern, tho.

bobabode
07-10-2016, 09:54 PM
You mean like in the hood where they all cover for the murderers of their own neighbors by not providing witness info to authorities?

You mean like those white trash 'shiners/meth cookers up in Alas-ka? ;)

donquixote99
07-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Actually, that's different in certain ways. More threat-driven, for one thing.

But way to say blacks are bad.

Whould you say we have a black problem, but not a police problem?

whell
07-10-2016, 10:20 PM

You an advocate of vigilante justice now? Our just have a hard time caring when it happens and you happen to agree with it?

Wasillaguy
07-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Actually, that's different in certain ways. More threat-driven, for one thing.

But way to say blacks are bad.

Whould you say we have a black problem, but not a police problem?

I would say we have both, but one is much larger than the other. Just look at the numbers.
I would also say the blacks have a much better shot at solving their own problems than thinking that pointing at law enforcement is going to make a dent. At the current rates it would take cops 40 years to kill as many blacks as other blacks manage to rack up in one year. Over the last 30 years, blacks have averaged over 50% of murders, even though their population is 1/5 that of whites. If you didn't have numbers like that, you wouldn't have the cop kill numbers either.

whell
07-10-2016, 10:34 PM
That's what I thought you were referring to. This happened in November in response to another police murder. It did not involve BLM in any way.

Maybe you'd prefer this one?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/10/us/black-lives-matter-protests/

At least five officers were injured by protesters -- one hit with a glass bottle and another by fireworks, according to St. Paul police. One was hit on the head with a large piece of concrete, possibly dropped from a bridge, according to police. Police say a Molotov cocktail was thrown at officers.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 10:49 PM
You an advocate of vigilante justice now? Our just have a hard time caring when it happens and you happen to agree with it?

Did I say that, whell? No.

BlueStreak
07-10-2016, 10:53 PM

Oh, yeah. Already getting a lot of hullabaloo about how prepared they are. Well, good for them. And when it blows over, I'll be listening to a bunch of he-man bullshit about how they repelled the invaders.

Boreas
07-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Maybe you'd prefer this one?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/10/us/black-lives-matter-protests/

At least five officers were injured by protesters -- one hit with a glass bottle and another by fireworks, according to St. Paul police. One was hit on the head with a large piece of concrete, possibly dropped from a bridge, according to police. Police say a Molotov cocktail was thrown at officers.

This hadn't even happened when you first mentioned Molotov cocktails.

Oh, and this should help a bunch.

http://kstp.com/news/protestors-interstate-94/4194653/

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Over the weekend in Baton Rouge:

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2956&stc=1&d=1468239386

A demonstrator protesting the shooting death of Alton Sterling is detained by law enforcement near the headquarters of the Baton Rouge Police Department in Baton Rouge. (JONATHAN BACHMAN/REUTERS)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arrests-made-baton-rouge-nyc-police-brutality-protests-article-1.2705786

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Two caught reporting while black in Rochester:

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2958&stc=1&d=1468240457

Rochester, N.Y. - The Rochester Police Department is reviewing why police officers arrested two 13WHAM news reporters early Saturday morning while they were covering protests on the city's East End.

The protesters were promoting the "Black Lives Matter" message, with many holding signs with that message or joining in chants.

13WHAM Reporters Carlet Cleare and Justin Carter were detained in handcuffs for about ten minutes and then released without being charged with any crimes or issued any tickets.

Their arrests were captured on live television as 13WHAM continued to broadcast live until 1:30 a.m. Saturday. Both Cleare and Carter were working as journalists to provide live coverage on 13WHAM-ABC and on Facebook Live where their feeds were regularly used on-air.

Around 12:38 a.m. those live feeds suddenly ended as news cameras captured video of police officers grabbing both reporters, handcuffing them, and escorting them from the area. At that time police were in the process of clearing East Avenue of protesters and crowds by directing people to the sidewalk. Both Cleare and Carter were arrested while many other reporters, photographers, and onlookers in the immediate area were not detained.

http://13wham.com/news/local/rpd-reviewing-why-officers-detained-13wham-reporters

MrPots
07-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Seems like the police are doing everything possible to start a race war in this country.

whell
07-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Did I say that, whell? No.

You did, actually.

http://www.politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=322204&postcount=3

whell
07-11-2016, 09:28 AM
This hadn't even happened when you first mentioned Molotov cocktails.

You're dancing on the head of a pin now.

I'll say it again: there's no question that violence and BLM protests are linked. The police have every right to maintain order, and act to protect themselves and the public - including other BLM protesters who are either caught in the crossfire or too stupid get out of harm's way.

nailer
07-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Wrong again:

What does this have to do with an early 80s Atlantic article?

whell
07-11-2016, 09:53 AM
What does this have to do with an early 80s Atlantic article?

Nothing, since I didn't write that in response to your post.

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Protests came and went without incident, as far as I know.

As an aside,

While Googling up info on last nights protest, I spotted this steaming pile of idiocy;

http://niggermania.net/forum/showthread.php?106876-BLM-comes-to-Hampton-Roads

Geez.............

whell
07-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Thank you BLM.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/07/11/detroit-police-arrest-four-threats-cops/86930930/

Detroit police arrested four men for allegedly threatening on Facebook to kill police officers, police Chief James Craig said Sunday.

One of the men reportedly posted: “All lives can’t matter until black lives matter. Kill all white cops.”

The arrests of the four African-American Detroiters follow Thursday’s slayings of five Dallas officers by a black sniper during a protest march. The man blamed for the killings and injuries to seven others reportedly told police he wanted to kill as many white cops as possible.

One of the Detroit men reportedly posted on Facebook that Johnson was a “hero” for killing the Dallas officers, and added: “He inspired me to do the exact same thing.”

Police said another man posted: “It’s time to wage**** war and shoot the police first.” The man told people to contact him to organize the effort to shoot officers.

The fourth suspect posted pictures and videos of officers being shot on his Facebook wall and wrote: “This needs to happen more often,” according to police.

nailer
07-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Nothing, since I didn't write that in response to your post.

Oops on me. :D

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Thank you BLM.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/07/11/detroit-police-arrest-four-threats-cops/86930930/

Detroit police arrested four men for allegedly threatening on Facebook to kill police officers, police Chief James Craig said Sunday.

One of the men reportedly posted: “All lives can’t matter until black lives matter. Kill all white cops.”

The arrests of the four African-American Detroiters follow Thursday’s slayings of five Dallas officers by a black sniper during a protest march. The man blamed for the killings and injuries to seven others reportedly told police he wanted to kill as many white cops as possible.

One of the Detroit men reportedly posted on Facebook that Johnson was a “hero” for killing the Dallas officers, and added: “He inspired me to do the exact same thing.”

Police said another man posted: “It’s time to wage**** war and shoot the police first.” The man told people to contact him to organize the effort to shoot officers.

So, a few idiots acting up turns into condemnation of the entire group? We had some protests here, last night and so far.........Nothing. Maybe you should join the group I posted above? They seem to think all BLM protesters are murdering thugs too..............

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 10:19 AM
http://www.dailypress.com/news/newport-news/dp-black-lives-matter-protest-plans-in-hampton-roads-circulating-on-social-media-20160710-story.html

Listen to what this young woman says in the video and tell me; What's wrong with this?

I see nothing wrong with her words.

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Over the weekend in Baton Rouge:

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2956&stc=1&d=1468239386

A demonstrator protesting the shooting death of Alton Sterling is detained by law enforcement near the headquarters of the Baton Rouge Police Department in Baton Rouge. (JONATHAN BACHMAN/REUTERS)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arrests-made-baton-rouge-nyc-police-brutality-protests-article-1.2705786

This image says a lot.

As in; According to some of our counterparts, who are we supposed to believe is the dangerous thug, here?

I dunno, guys. I'm thinking that the government employees with the riot gear have the advantage. But I could be wrong. She could be hiding an M-16 with five spare clips and ten hand grenades under that summer dress.

You know, I am certain that being a police officer is an extremely tough job and I truly do appreciate that they are willing to do it. But, I think the propaganda has warped some perceptions around here.

whell
07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
So, a few idiots acting up turns into condemnation of the entire group?

BLM is responsible for perpetuating multiple myths, whether they believe those myths to be true or not (and that's being generous). They need to be responsible for the consequences.

We had some protests here, last night and so far.........Nothing.

Glad to hear it.

Maybe you should join the group I posted above? They seem to think all BLM protesters are murdering thugs too..............

Please show me where I posted the words that "...all BLM protesters are murdering thugs too..." Until then, piss off race baiter.

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Hey, Mikey!

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/protesters-hug-state-police-and-disperse-from-downtown-tunnel/article_8c037cf5-9a1f-5ce3-bccc-d186a9fc55d2.html

Must be disappointing for certain people that BLM is discouraging violence. No, "See I told you so!" for them to pull out on us.

noonereal
07-11-2016, 10:46 AM
I am certain that being a police officer is an extremely tough job.

i am not

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 10:49 AM
This image says a lot.

As in; According to some of our counterparts, who are we supposed to believe is the dangerous thug, here?

I dunno, guys. I'm thinking that the government employees with the riot gear have the advantage. But I could be wrong. She could be hiding an M-16 with five spare clips and ten hand grenades under that summer dress.

You know, I am certain that being a police officer is an extremely tough job and I truly do appreciate that they are willing to do it. But, I think the propaganda has warped some perceptions around here.

What a PR disaster. Guess they did not have a plain clothes officer to do the arresting. :rolleyes:
Images like these are not helping the situation any. also one needs to define what constitutes a peaceful protest and how do you keep the militant people out since they too have a right to protest?

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 11:07 AM
What a PR disaster. Guess they did not have a plain clothes officer to do the arresting. :rolleyes:
Images like these are not helping the situation any. also one needs to define what constitutes a peaceful protest and how do you keep the militant people out since they too have a right to protest?

Makes me think of the guy standing in front of a tank at Tienanmen Square.

Wonder what the kit for each one of those cops costs?

Boreas
07-11-2016, 11:13 AM
You're dancing on the head of a pin now.

I'll say it again: there's no question that violence and BLM protests are linked. The police have every right to maintain order, and act to protect themselves and the public - including other BLM protesters who are either caught in the crossfire or too stupid get out of harm's way.

Nice sentiment.

Boreas
07-11-2016, 11:14 AM
You did, actually.

http://www.politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=322204&postcount=3

Quite a stretch.

whell
07-11-2016, 11:17 AM
This image says a lot.

There's no "thuggery" going on there at all. There are police removing an idiot who refused to clear the street after being ordered to do so.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/us/baton-rouge-protester-photograph/

Shot by Jonathan Bachman for Reuters, the photograph shows a black woman in profile, standing in the middle of the street as two police officers in riot gear seem to be preparing to arrest her in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"Everyone was given proper instructions and a certain amount of time to clear the roadway. If they did not, then they were arrested," said L'Jean McKneely, spokesman for the Baton Rouge Police Department.

Boreas
07-11-2016, 11:18 AM
So, a few idiots with no known connection to BLM acting up turns into condemnation of the entire group? We had some protests here, last night and so far.........Nothing. Maybe you should join the group I posted above? They seem to think all BLM protesters are murdering thugs too..............

Fixed it for you.

Boreas
07-11-2016, 11:21 AM
BLM is responsible for perpetuating multiple myths, whether they believe those myths to be true or not (and that's being generous). They need to be responsible for the consequences.

What would those myths be exactly?

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 11:22 AM
There's no "thuggery" going on there at all. There are police removing an idiot who refused to clear the street after being ordered to do so.

Shot by Jonathan Bachman for Reuters, the photograph shows a black woman in profile, standing in the middle of the street as two police officers in riot gear seem to be preparing to arrest her in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"Everyone was given proper instructions and a certain amount of time to clear the roadway. If they did not, then they were arrested," said L'Jean McKneely, spokesman for the Baton Rouge Police Department.

As I said, what constitutes a peaceful protest. Can people spontaneously congregate or do they always need a permit, and we know where that will go, bureaucratic red tape. The way this seems to be, people congregate, the police ask the people to disperse, then they don't get to protest, tempers flare, riot gear comes out, confrontation ensues and finally a PR disaster. So who wins?

whell
07-11-2016, 11:23 AM

Uh, no. If you'll notice in the photo, the police were already suited up in riot gear. This particular idiot didn't clear the street as ordered, so the cops closest were the ones manning the police line directly in front of her.

If there's a PR disaster, its the one being perpetrated by folks who want to keep throwing gas on this particular fire...including using out of context photographs to push as false narrative.

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Sorry whell I disagree. Yes there already is (was) a wall of riot geared police force that seems well equipped to stop this lady. They could have sent a plain clothes (a well dressed) cop or even a woman officer to affect the arrest instead a show of force.

These cops deserve the PR disaster not to mention a perfect a photo op for the demonstrators, a professionally shot picture to boot.

Compare this to the nuts cases in Oregon a few months ago as they unlawfully occupied a government building.

whell
07-11-2016, 11:39 AM
As I said, what constitutes a peaceful protest. Can people spontaneously congregate or do they always need a permit, and we know where that will go, bureaucratic red tape.

Yes they can, and they can continue to congregate until ordered by police to disperse. Police gave an order to disperse and gave folks lots of time to comply. If folks chose not to comply, like the idiot in the picture, they got arrested.

whell
07-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Sorry whell I disagree.

I'm not surprised. But don't be surprised when folks who fail to comply with a police order get detained. Just because this is a BLM protest doesn't entitle a protestor to unique treatment.

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes they can, and they can continue to congregate until ordered by police to disperse. Police gave an order to disperse and gave folks lots of time to comply. If folks chose not to comply, like the idiot in the picture, they got arrested.

Ha ha! Right. She's the idiot.

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Bingo! which really means that effectively no congregation, especially by the BLM crowd is ever possible, especially in deep red states like TX and LA. guess, this will lead to frustration, anger and unfortunately violence.

Speaking of special treatments, you have not commented on the special treatment that the Bundy clan got in OR. And that was an unlawful occupation. ;)
I will understand if that you deem is a deflection. :)

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 12:15 PM

So, citizens should just shut up and clear the streets when government officials command them to? And, how do you know this woman is an "idiot"? You've met her?

BlueStreak
07-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Bingo! which really means that effectively no congregation, especially by the BLM crowd is ever possible, especially in deep red states like TX and LA. guess, this will lead to frustration, anger and unfortunately violence.

Speaking of special treatments, you have not commented on the special treatment that the Bundy clan got in OR. And that was an unlawful occupation. ;)
I will understand if that you deem is a deflection. :)

That's exactly right. But....... I'm the "race baiter". LMAO! Right.:rolleyes:

ZeroJunk
07-11-2016, 12:38 PM
I like what the Dallas police chief said to the protestors. " We're hiring. "

whell
07-11-2016, 01:19 PM
So, citizens should just shut up and clear the streets when government officials command them to? And, how do you know this woman is an "idiot"? You've met her?

If she's still standing there in front of a police line after being told to clear the area, then yes, she's an idiot.

And yet, the police have the duty and authority to maintain order, which includes ordering a crowd to disperse. When that order comes, citizens should just shut up and clear the area. In this case, the cops gave the crowd plenty of time to protest, then even more time after the order to clear the area was given. Anyone still standing there, like the idiot in the picture, is subject to arrest or being detained by police.

merrylander
07-11-2016, 01:43 PM
If she's still standing there in front of a police line after being told to clear the area, then yes, she's an idiot.

And yet, the police have the duty and authority to maintain order, which includes ordering a crowd to disperse. When that order comes, citizens should just shut up and clear the area. In this case, the cops gave the crowd plenty of time to protest, then even more time after the order to clear the area was given. Anyone still standing there, like the idiot in the picture, is subject to arrest or being detained by police.

... or the right of the people to peaceably assemble ... Familiar reading Mike?

I guess if you are dressed in riot gear every assembly looks like a riot.

MrPots
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM

That's pretty authoritarian....don't we have a right to freedom of assembly?

If the police ordered everyone to turn in their weapons to ensure order and safety, would certain people still demand compliance?

MrPots
07-11-2016, 01:50 PM
This image says a lot.

All I see in this picture are three cowards acting like that little girl is gonna do them harm. What a bunch of pussies.......

Those men don't deserve to call themselves men.........they are an embarrassment to men everywhere.....

MrPots
07-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Makes me think of the guy standing in front of a tank at Tienanmen Square.

Wonder what the kit for each one of those cops costs?

You could probably find out by checking to see how much the education budget has been cut.

Thug money is always available...money for education and health...not so much cause this is 'merican damn it....... we be thugs.....

Boreas
07-11-2016, 01:56 PM

The Bill of Rights is for white people, not black idiots.

merrylander
07-11-2016, 02:03 PM
The Bill of Rights is for white people, not black idiots.

Funny I must have missed that statement in my copy.;)

merrylander
07-11-2016, 02:20 PM

He was a war vet who surely was influenced by the crap he must have endured in the Middle East. When you are fighting an enemy who dresses like all the civilians, or when a teen ager comes toward you smiling then blows him/her self up it makes fighting that kind of war bend your mind out of shape. Stating the he was this or he was that is pure goddam conjecture,

merrylander
07-11-2016, 02:25 PM
There is a lot of positive sentiment for the young black man's situation following the killings. I hope they don't piss it all away.

Ah yes " Our hearts and prayers are with them..." and that is all.

I have had three service technicians i here in the last week - two were black one white. All were equally competent, courteous and just downright friendly.

merrylander
07-11-2016, 02:27 PM

Breaking into someone's home does not quite quualify as 'peaceably assembling' IMHO.:p

bobabode
07-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Breaking into someone's home does not quite quualify as 'peaceably assembling' IMHO.:p

I'm not worried, we have the 'Feline Horde' to protect us if any white supremacists decide to stage a sit in in my living room. If that fails I'll drop a 30 hz test tone disc in my CD player and hit 'em with 600 watts thru those big JBLs and my Vandie Three towers. ;)

whell
07-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Sure it is.

Now, go try yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater. After that, we'll have a discussion about freedom of speech.

whell
07-11-2016, 03:10 PM
He was a war vet who surely was influenced by the crap he must have endured in the Middle East.

Surely? Well, you must have info the police don't have, because they're still investigating the motive. However:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/10/us/micah-johnson-dallas-radicalized-online/

ZeroJunk
07-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Three more officers killed in Michigan. I suspect whatever good will was brewing is pretty much gone.

barbara
07-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Three more officers killed in Michigan. I suspect whatever good will was brewing is pretty much gone.

According to the latest news report, two bailiffs were shot dead and the shooter is shot dead. A sheriff was shot and is being treated in the emergency room.

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Quick! Someone tell us it was BLM's fault!

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Actually, this is a case in which during a court appearance, an in-custody inmate grabbed a gun. Describing a BLM link may prove challenging.

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Actually, this is a case in which during a court appearance, an in-custody inmate grabbed a gun. Describing a BLM link may prove challenging.

Not if Zero has an self informed opinion on this. :D

ZeroJunk
07-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I see. Since BLM is not directly involved it's OK .

I really can't find any info that says the shooter was even black. May be jumping to conclusions.

donquixote99
07-11-2016, 06:26 PM
OK? Of course not.

But not so likely to shift the tides of public opinion to 'your side.'

ZeroJunk
07-11-2016, 06:35 PM
OK? Of course not.

But not so likely to shift the tides of public opinion to 'your side.'

Nonsense. Public opinion is already on my side.

d-ray657
07-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Uh, no. If you'll notice in the photo, the police were already suited up in riot gear. This particular idiot didn't clear the street as ordered, so the cops closest were the ones manning the police line directly in front of her.

If there's a PR disaster, its the one being perpetrated by folks who want to keep throwing gas on this particular fire...including using out of context photographs to push as false narrative.

So was Ghandi an idiot too?

whell
07-11-2016, 06:55 PM
So was Ghandi an idiot too?

At least Ghandi had the good sense to back off when some of his organized protests turned violent. And that girl in the picture was the leader of a movement for Indian economic independence? Wow, who knew?!?

whell
07-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Quick! Someone tell us it was BLM's fault!

Nope. The dude was trying to escape and grabbed a bailiff's gun.

Boreas
07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
At least Ghandi had the good sense to back off when some of his organized protests turned violent. And that girl in the picture was the leader of a movement for Indian economic independence? Wow, who knew?!?

Revisionist much?

Rajoo
07-11-2016, 10:06 PM
I see. Since BLM is not directly involved it's OK .

I really can't find any info that says the shooter was even black. May be jumping to conclusions.

Well, he doesn't look very black. His name, Larry Darnell Gordon, facing multiple felony charges yet was not handcuffed when he was brought into the courtroom.

https://lintvwood.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/larry-gordon-family-photo-2.jpg?w=450&h=257

Well, there goes the BLM angle.

BlueStreak
07-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Sure it is.

Now, go try yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater. After that, we'll have a discussion about freedom of speech.

Yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater is entirely appropriate if the theater is on fire.

What would be inappropriate is yelling back "Oh, bullshit, there's no fire he's just trying to stir up trouble!".....as the theater burns.

donquixote99
07-12-2016, 03:48 AM
Nope. The dude was trying to escape and grabbed a bailiff's gun.

Well, Zero went for it at least.... :)

ZeroJunk
07-12-2016, 04:59 AM
Well, Zero went for it at least.... :)

I notice you didn't question that .

donquixote99
07-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Didn't have the data yet. Didn't want to assume stuff.

merrylander
07-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Sure it is.

I was under the impression we were discussing the 'freedom to peaceably assemble', why the sidetrack?

Rajoo
07-13-2016, 04:14 PM
I was under the impression we were discussing the 'freedom to peaceably assemble', why the sidetrack?

Because whell has already edicted that freedom to assemble ends when cops ask the crowd to disperse. ;)

d-ray657
07-13-2016, 04:34 PM

Do you deny that that young lady was involved in peaceful civil disobedience? She also appeared perfectly willing to accept the consequences of her actions. If I recall correctly, Ghandi recognized such civil disobedience as a legitimate means of responding to abuses of power.

By the way, I believe that Ghandi was usually accompanied in his acts of civil disobedience by many who didn't happen to be leaders of the movement. If one is not a leader of an historic movement, does she then become an idiot in your book?