PDA

View Full Version : David Duke Running for Senate in LA

finnbow
07-22-2016, 04:08 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. — Declaring “the climate of this country has moved in my direction,” white supremacist David Duke registered Friday for Louisiana’s U.S. Senate race, saying he was partially spurred by the recent shooting deaths of three law enforcement officers by a black man.

“I believe my time has come,” the former Ku Klux Klan leader said after submitting his paperwork for the ballot. He added: “The people of this country, the patriotic, decent, God-fearing people of this country are now right with me.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ex-kkk-leader-david-duke-says-he-plans-to-run-for-us-senate/2016/07/22/d7a4fd94-5022-11e6-bf27-405106836f96_story.html

Needless to say, he's running as a Republican.

Pio1980
07-22-2016, 04:15 PM
One reason amongst many I'm agnostic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CarlV
07-22-2016, 06:46 PM
They were the ones that were dumb enough to elect Swindle Jindal, no? :eek:

Carl

donquixote99
07-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Agnostic? I'm tempted to call it evidence for the power of Satan.

whell
07-22-2016, 07:11 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. — Declaring “the climate of this country has moved in my direction,” white supremacist David Duke registered Friday for Louisiana’s U.S. Senate race, saying he was partially spurred by the recent shooting deaths of three law enforcement officers by a black man.

“I believe my time has come,” the former Ku Klux Klan leader said after submitting his paperwork for the ballot. He added: “The people of this country, the patriotic, decent, God-fearing people of this country are now right with me.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ex-kkk-leader-david-duke-says-he-plans-to-run-for-us-senate/2016/07/22/d7a4fd94-5022-11e6-bf27-405106836f96_story.html

I'm so glad that you were so thorough and included all the details. :rolleyes:

From the WaPo story:

Roger Villere, chairman of the Republican Party of Louisiana, said in a statement the party “will play an active role in opposing” him, calling Duke a “hate-filled fraud who does not embody the values of the Republican Party.” Ward Baker, with the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said Duke will not have the support of his organization “under any circumstance.”

finnbow
07-22-2016, 07:19 PM

From the WaPo story:

Roger Villere, chairman of the Republican Party of Louisiana, said in a statement the party “will play an active role in opposing” him, calling Duke a “hate-filled fraud who does not embody the values of the Republican Party.” Ward Baker, with the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said Duke will not have the support of his organization “under any circumstance.”

Your Republican party said much the same thing about Trump until he garnered public support. They'll back whoever wins the primary even if that person shot somebody dead on 5th Ave. Your party has lost its soul, if it ever had one.

d-ray657
07-22-2016, 08:40 PM

From the WaPo story:

And a hundred years ago, he might have run as a Democrat in the south - but I can't imagine anyone of his mindset considering that now. The logical choice for him was to file as a republican - no matter how much the party officials attempt to deny it.

Pio1980
07-22-2016, 08:44 PM
The Dixiecrats became Republicans in response to the Democratic Party embracing civil rights as essential, ushering federal oversight of local tyranny masquerading as "State's Rights".

merrylander
07-23-2016, 07:01 AM

From the WaPo story:

Republicans have values? Who knew. :p

donquixote99
07-23-2016, 07:34 AM

Sure they do. Bill Maher, a couple of nights ago, summed them up: "Superstition, hate and greed, those are the values they have, and they're values....."

link, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjaaFT5uig) 21:46

sheltiedave
07-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Trump is waiting for his endorsement, and vice versa.

finnbow
07-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Trump is waiting for his endorsement, and vice versa.

Trump has already received Duke's endorsement, as well as that of The Daily Stormer (America's Neo-Nazi newspaper).

BlueStreak
07-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Didn't he run as a Republican once before?

I'll say it again; The Republican dirty little secret is right beneath the surface, they are desperately trying to keep it bottled up.......

But, they can't keep it up forever.

Hopefully, the volcano of rightwing bigotry with erupt before November.

BlueStreak
07-23-2016, 02:24 PM

From the WaPo story:

But, that's just it. He DOES embody the values of the Republican Party....or more accurately, the values of that parties base.

Just like Trump, if he starts to win, the party will become more accepting. Why? Because without a base, they perish. It truly is disgusting.

BlueStreak
07-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Trump has already received Duke's endorsement, as well as that of The Daily Stormer (America's Neo-Nazi newspaper).

Wherever you see flies buzzing about, there is something rotten nearby. You can bet on it.

CarlV
07-23-2016, 02:37 PM

And they value hypocrisy above all else :rolleyes:

Carl

finnbow
07-23-2016, 02:38 PM
But, that's just it. He DOES embody the values of the Republican Party....or more accurately, the values of that parties base.

Just like Trump, if he starts to win, the party will become more accepting. Why? Because without a base, they perish. It truly is disgusting.

The GOP used to stand for small government and a big military (internally contradictory, of course), fealty to Big Business, supply-side economics, and Bible-thumping. It developed a base to support these ideas by appealing to racism, bigotry and xenophobia mostly in the South.

Trump has now basically discarded the underlying ideology and all that remains of the party is the racism, bigotry and xenophobia and a base who bought into that message. It's a sorry spectacle.

merrylander
07-23-2016, 03:14 PM

Why wouldn't they, they welcomed Jug Ears Sessions into the fold and he was KKK at one time.:)

BlueStreak
07-23-2016, 07:08 PM
The Dixiecrats became Republicans in response to the Democratic Party embracing civil rights as essential, ushering federal oversight of local tyranny masquerading as "State's Rights".

Yep. That's why I got a kick when Southern Republicans started squawking about "States Rights" a few years back and claiming the SCOTUS had no power to overturn state laws............

This is exactly what the "States Rights Party", with Strom Thurmond at the helm, tried to claim in the late 1940s.

This shell game really isn't hard to follow........ Just listen to the rhetoric. That's what tells you where the bean is.

finnbow
07-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Why wouldn't they, they welcomed Jug Ears Sessions into the fold and he was KKK at one time.:)

And Sessions is Trump's #1 supporter and political confidant. Every time I see that little fascist twerp, he reminds me of Henry Gibson in the Blues Brothers.

http://cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/images/138653/138653_full.jpg