PDA

View Full Version : Gangs target police.

Charles
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/25/federal-alert-crime-gang-may-target-texas-police/

Only speculation at this time, although I understand it is happening to some degree in California.

Any thoughts as to how serious this is, or will become, and measures needed to effectively counter it should it become more widespread?

Chas

Fast_Eddie
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I heard about it in California. Don't know about the Texas thing- sounds like a Mexican Gang. But in California it's just American Citizens taking up arms to overthrow a repressive government bent on enforcing laws they don't agree with. Oh, sorry, that's the Tea Party. Well, six of one...

Charles
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Ed, noticed you've been laying kind of low.

BTW, you're off of your game, you forgot the required cheap shots at Palin and Faux.

Chas

d-ray657
03-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Those folks lay it on the line daily (sorry for the cliche'). I would hope that the citizens would help by providing as much information as they have. If it becomes more serious, I would think it would be appropriate to enlist the assistance of the Texas Nat'l Guard. Don't know if Chuck Norris would be of any help here or not.

Notice I am trying not to suggest that they should seek assistance from the feds, except perhaps the FBI. I would expect the FBI in any city to have an interest in gang activity, which is essentially organized crime. :mad:

I do take seriously the threat to the police officers, but I can't help wondering whether FBI officers are eligible for membership in the Oath Keepers. :confused:

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM

BTW, you're off of your game, you forgot the required cheap shots at Palin and Faux.

Chas

Ed is to busy running to post, unless he can post from his iphone while he's running. Good luck in the next run, Ed.

I'll fill in here. Caribou Barbie isn't interested in going after anyone unless they are a democrat in a vulnerable district. The dems are worse than any gang hooligans. The gangs just cause local problems. The dems are going to deprive us all of democracy. She has those guys in the cross hairs.

Did you see the photos of her with McCain? She looked like she was ready to hook up with a motorcycle gang, what with all of those zippers on her jacket. I can just see her pulling up on a chopper at the next tea party.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Nothing that can't be cured with a couple of Predators and some Hellfire missiles. Until we start taking these people out they won't get the message. Also legalize drugs and then they are out of business. If people want to fry their brains on drugs that's just Darwinism in action.

Grumpy
03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
I heard about it in California. Don't know about the Texas thing- sounds like a Mexican Gang. But in California it's just American Citizens taking up arms to overthrow a repressive government bent on enforcing laws they don't agree with. Oh, sorry, that's the Tea Party. Well, six of one...

Hardly..

Grumpy
03-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Nothing that can't be cured with a couple of Predators and some Hellfire missiles.

You wearing your Palin shirt today Rob ? :D

Charles
03-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Ed is to busy running to post, unless he can post from his iphone while he's running. Good luck in the next run, Ed.

I'll fill in here. Caribou Barbie isn't interested in going after anyone unless they are a democrat in a vulnerable district. The dems are worse than any gang hooligans. The gangs just cause local problems. The dems are going to deprive us all of democracy. She has those guys in the cross hairs.

Did you see the photos of her with McCain? She looked like she was ready to hook up with a motorcycle gang, what with all of those zippers on her jacket. I can just see her pulling up on a chopper at the next tea party.

Regards,

D-Ray

I knew I could count on you.

Chas

Charles
03-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Nothing that can't be cured with a couple of Predators and some Hellfire missiles. Until we start taking these people out they won't get the message. Also legalize drugs and then they are out of business. If people want to fry their brains on drugs that's just Darwinism in action.

You know Rob, you're beginning to sound just like the redneck farmers around here. They were saying the only way to stop it (drug problem) was to take the money out of it. 30 years ago.

The bad thing about these gangs are once they become entrenched, they're almost impossible to get rid of. Look at what's happening in Mexico now, not to mention what happened in Columbia.

Chas

westgate
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
The bad thing about these gangs are once they become entrenched, they're almost impossible to get rid of. Look at what's happening in Mexico now, not to mention what happened in Columbia.

Chas

and brazil.

noonereal
03-27-2010, 09:34 AM
and brazil.

and congress

Sandy G
03-27-2010, 09:46 AM
and congress

Boy Hidee, ain't THAT th' truth !!

d-ray657
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
and congress

You channeling Merrylander now?:D

Regards,

D-Ray

hillbilly
03-27-2010, 11:40 AM
and congress

I agree!! :)

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 12:02 PM

I have gotten really busy and hopefully that will keep up for a while. Good things happening at work. I was in LA for while last week working on a project and yes, the running is taking a lot more time since my mileage is up quite a bit.

How busy am I? After avoiding it for years, Friday I had IT guy order me a Blackberry. Hate the things, but I really do need it at this point.

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Hardly..

Well, I'll admit their motivation is different, but at the end of the day, people taking up arm against the government are criminals. And that's pretty much that.

Ya'll watch Breaking Bad? It's a TV show about a High School chemestry teacher. Found out he had cancer and thought he was going to die and leave his family broke. So he started cooking Crystal Meth. It's an interesting examination of what is "illegal" and how motives change your view of things. But at the end of the day, yeah, he's still a criminal.

JJIII
03-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Well, I'll admit their motivation is different, but at the end of the day, people taking up arm against the government are criminals. And that's pretty much that.

Ya'll watch Breaking Bad? It's a TV show about a High School chemestry teacher. Found out he had cancer and thought he was going to die and leave his family broke. So he started cooking Crystal Meth. It's an interesting examination of what is "illegal" and how motives change your view of things. But at the end of the day, yeah, he's still a criminal.

Where does this fit in?

Right of revolution
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In political philosophy, the right of revolution (or right of rebellion) is the right or duty, variously stated throughout history, of the subjects of a nation to overthrow a government that acts against their common interests. Belief in this right extends back to ancient China, and it has been used throughout history to justify various rebellions, including the American Revolution and the French Revolution.

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Where does this fit in?

Right of revolution

In political philosophy, the right of revolution (or right of rebellion) is the right or duty, variously stated throughout history, of the subjects of a nation to overthrow a government that acts against their common interests. Belief in this right extends back to ancient China, and it has been used throughout history to justify various rebellions, including the American Revolution and the French Revolution.

It can fit in to any personal philosophy you like. I'd say some gang banger in So Cal could say the Government has created a system that doesn't allow them to succeed and they're simply exercising their right to rebel against a government that is acting against their interest. Tea Party folks can say the same as well.

But I can tell you where it *doesn't* fit. It doesn't fit into any laws we have in America. I love America and feel pretty negatively toward anyone who wants to over throw her. Be it Osama Bin Laden, or some Crip in LA, or Bubba at the Tea Party. Far as I'm concerned, if any of them pick up a gun and try to kill anyone who represents our country in an official capacity and it can be proven that it's being done as part of an effort or expression of a belief that the government should be overthrown, I want to see them tried as traitors.

merrylander
03-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Where does this fit in?

Right of revolution

A popular myth around these parts but let's look at what really happened. The French fur traders were stirring up the native peoples in the west. Not to mention that the colonialists were encroaching upon their lands.

So the 13 colonies call upon Mother Britain to send troops to subdue the native peoples. She does but now is faced with a dilemma. If she asks the British taxpayers to foot the bill there will for sure be a rebellion at home. Britain decides to put a tax on tea to pay for the troops, so we had the first tea party.

The fact that General Cornwallis was an incompetent, arrogant SOB is irrelevant.

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 12:55 PM
That's over thinking it. Fact is, the folks who started the American Revolution were indeed traitors to England. God love them for it, but that's a fact. Same deal, if the Crips, Bloods and Tea Party combine forces to overthrow the government and start a new country they will be traitors to the United States of America. The people who support them will no doubt say that what they created is better, but it won't be America and the claim that they're "saving America" through revolution is absurd. Like shooting someone in the head and saying you killed their cancer.

Charles
03-27-2010, 01:33 PM
It looks as though with an approval rating of app 17%, congress is the perfect whipping boy.

Just a personal observation, but you're only a "traitor" if you lose.

Chas

BTW, what does this have to do with criminals murdering police officers? Are drug dealing thugs now freedom fighters?

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 02:03 PM
BTW, what does this have to do with criminals murdering police officers? Are drug dealing thugs now freedom fighters?

Depends on who you ask. That was my point. Are Tea Partiers freedom fighters? Depends on who you ask.

noonereal
03-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Depends on who you ask. That was my point. Are Tea Partiers freedom fighters? Depends on who you ask.

freedom fighters? You mean like al qaeda? No, but I see a ton of similarities.

Same goes for those damn hippies.;)

d-ray657
03-27-2010, 02:58 PM
It might have happened, but I am not aware of a time when the people rose in revolution against a democratic form of government. The American Revolution was against a monarch imposing law in abstentia; the French Revolution against a corrupt monarchy.

Certainly there have been examples of groups amassing enough power to engage in a coups d'etat against a democratically elected government, or in instances where, despite elections, corruption prevented the government from actually being democratically elected.

I could not imagine how one could justify revolution against this government. A president and a congress elected by the majority of people delivered a plan that had been discussed during the election. The representatives who passed the allegedly unpopular legislation stand for election this year (all of one house and a third of the other.) The actions of this government stand to regulate some of the institutions that have substantial control over the people's access to health care; there is legislation pending to more strictly regulate an industry that was largely responsible for the extent of the recession from which we are emerging. Those who would rise up in "revolution" would in many respects simply doing the bidding of their corporate masters. I would cheer for any attempt at violent overthrow of this government to be swiftly crushed.

Regards,

D-Ray

Fast_Eddie
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
It might have happened, but I am not aware of a time when the people rose in revolution against a democratic form of government. The American Revolution was against a monarch imposing law in abstentia; the French Revolution against a corrupt monarchy.

Yeah, but the people who lost the last election see it differently. It's only a democracy when they win.

rickr15
03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
On topic the LA gang squad was very lucky. Someone identified their top secret unmarked HQ and rerouted a gas line on the roof to fill the building with gas. Lucky for them they smelled it before anyone flicked a light switch. Several days later one of the officers opened a gate on the compound triggering an improvised zip gun that fortunately missed him. They have since relocated to a new hidden location but I expect a lot more is to come.

Charles
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
On topic the LA gang squad was very lucky. Someone identified their top secret unmarked HQ and rerouted a gas line on the roof to fill the building with gas. Lucky for them they smelled it before anyone flicked a light switch. Several days later one of the officers opened a gate on the compound triggering an improvised zip gun that fortunately missed him. They have since relocated to a new hidden location but I expect a lot more is to come.

30 years ago, before the coming of political correctness, this shit would have been over before it got started.

And we would all be better off.

Chas