PDA

View Full Version : your plans for election day?

JCricket
10-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Hey Folks,
Anyone planning a party for election day. I kind of feel like this is the superbowl of all elections. I am going to be thoroughly doped up that day. I am having rotator cuff surgery. I think that may be the best way to watch the election.:D

we are just a little more than two weeks out. Time to plan a party if you want.

Pio1980
10-20-2016, 06:50 PM
Trying to get an audiophile grade CD of Who's Next off BT to play "Won't get fooled again" after I vote. I do this every election hoping it works.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bobabode
10-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Hey Folks,
Anyone planning a party for election day. I kind of feel like this is the superbowl of all elections. I am going to be thoroughly doped up that day. I am having rotator cuff surgery. I think that may be the best way to watch the election.:D

Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff surgery Mark, had one done a few years back myself. How big is the tear or is the surgery for impingement?

I'm bringing a mess of tacos to our polling station this year. Gotta keep the troops happy and well fed. ;) In the evening, I'm going to pour myself a generous glass of Kentucky Tea while watching the returns come in. :cool:

JCricket
10-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff surgery Mark, had one done a few years back myself. How big is the tear or is the surgery for impingement?

I'm bringing a mess of tacos to our polling station this year. Gotta keep the troops happy and well fed. ;) In the evening, I'm going to pour myself a generous glass of Kentucky Tea while watching the returns come in. :cool:

I am not sure how big it is, but the doc says no alternative but surgery. I can't lift a gallon of milk. A cup of coffee is about my limit right now. And it is my right, dominant hand. The doc is telling me that for the first three months I have to keep my hand completely immobile. He said if you need, you put your hand in your pocket. THen three more months of therapy. Then I should start feeling good. I should start practicing typing one handed, left handed now. So now I will be a left hand democrat?:D

bobabode
10-20-2016, 07:51 PM
I am not sure how big it is, but the doc says no alternative but surgery. I can't lift a gallon of milk. A cup of coffee is about my limit right now. And it is my right, dominant hand. The doc is telling me that for the first three months I have to keep my hand completely immobile. He said if you need, you put your hand in your pocket. THen three more months of therapy. Then I should start feeling good. I should start practicing typing one handed, left handed now. So now I will be a left hand democrat?:D

We'll make a bleedin' heart liberal outta you yet. ;)

CarlV
10-20-2016, 08:06 PM
Sheesh, some people will do anything to get some painkillers. ;)

Best wishes on your surgery!

Carl

icenine
10-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Trying to get an audiophile grade CD of Who's Next off BT to play "Won't get fooled again" after I vote. I do this every election hoping it works.

Just get the cheapie 1987 Canadian MCA version mastered by Steve Hoffman.
Probably costs $5.

Rajoo
10-20-2016, 09:21 PM

Good luck with your surgery. Better to be doped up that day than have to stay alert and awake. :D

CarlV
10-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Probably costs $5.

Got one of those, my original LP, and the 3LP reissue. :)

Carl

Pio1980
10-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Probably costs $5.

Not finding it fs online, but thanx. BT seller nonresponsive.
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/best-sounding-whos-next-cd.137979/page-10#post-3533866

icenine
10-20-2016, 10:08 PM
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/best-sounding-whos-next-cd.137979/page-10#post-3533866

http://www.stevehoffman.info/disc-mca.html

It is the 4th listing from the bottom up...just try to find one on ebay.

icenine
10-20-2016, 10:13 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/Whos-Next-Original-Mix-Who/dp/B00000DWHH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466786191&sr=8-1&keywords=who%27s%20next&tag=vglnk-ca-c33-20

I think this is it Pio.

Pio1980
10-20-2016, 11:05 PM
Thnx!
If it's MCAD-37217, I actually already have it as my only copy.

nailer
10-21-2016, 08:40 AM
Hey Folks,

Sorry to here the bad news regarding your pitching career. Complete recovery wishes.

JCricket
10-21-2016, 08:56 AM
thanks for all the well wishes folks. If you think about it, I am going to be a bit incapable of doing things(honey do's and what not) for most of the football season. Things could be worse.............

nailer
10-21-2016, 09:09 AM
... Trump could win.

Wasillaguy
10-21-2016, 01:20 PM
I'll be out early to set up my wife's car in the parking lot of our polling station with a video camera. It will record all day so I can submit it to a private group that is feeding videos from all over the state through face recognition software to pick out folks voting multiple times.

bobabode
10-21-2016, 01:32 PM
I'll be out early to set up my wife's car in the parking lot of our polling station with a video camera. It will record all day so I can submit it to a private group that is feeding videos from all over the state through face recognition software to pick out folks voting multiple times.

Project Veritas?

CarlV
10-21-2016, 01:38 PM
thanks for all the well wishes folks. If you think about it, I am going to be a bit incapable of doing things(honey do's and what not) for most of the football season. Things could be worse.............

Yes it could. 5/20/14 I had a Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (http://zarinslab.stanford.edu/publications/zarins_bib/zarins_pdf/2009/assar_AAA_pmj_2009.htm).
I made it but with 3 major post surgery clots, first was a blocked artery in my left leg which left me with a week in UCSF but....
2 weeks in a rest home as well. They wanted 2-3 months (rehab) but I wasn't having any part of it and left as soon as I could walk out the door. :)
Bottom line, there isn't anything more dreadful than being in a rest home in full control of your senses. :mad:

Carl

JCricket
10-21-2016, 02:08 PM
... Trump could win.

I agree he has a better chance of winning than I do of winning the lottery, but not by a lot. :D

If you are seeing something else, please share.

nailer
10-21-2016, 02:13 PM
I agree he has a better chance of winning than I do of winning the lottery, but not by a lot. :D

If you are seeing something else, please share.

It's an example of how things could be worse.

JCricket
10-21-2016, 02:32 PM
pain killers, I guess I should bakc off a little on them............

Pio1980
10-21-2016, 02:37 PM

Are you shitting us????

icenine
10-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Are you shitting us????

Yeah he is kidding Pio...he jumped the shark when he mentioned facial recognition software. During those long winters he has probably become addicted to Alias, 24, and Nikita reruns.....

Oerets
10-21-2016, 02:58 PM
I've been lucky Mark on my shoulder healing with rest. Know just how painful it is.

On election day the wife and I will go early and vote. We could go to the court house now, but enjoy going on election day. Then wait till later to start watching the coverage. Use to be the day Van Winkle hit the stores and I be waiting for them to open after the polls closed. Not anymore the secret is out on that, by lottery now.

Barney

donquixote99
10-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Yes it could. 5/20/14 I had a Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (http://zarinslab.stanford.edu/publications/zarins_bib/zarins_pdf/2009/assar_AAA_pmj_2009.htm).
I made it but with 3 major post surgery clots, first was a blocked artery in my left leg which left me with a week in UCSF but....
2 weeks in a rest home as well. They wanted 2-3 months (rehab) but I wasn't having any part of it and left as soon as I could walk out the door. :)
Bottom line, there isn't anything more dreadful than being in a rest home in full control of your senses. :mad:

Carl

Wholly shit! Good job getting out that door. ;)

Boreas
10-21-2016, 07:45 PM

Makes sense.

http://lawnewz.com/important/study-finds-racial-bias-in-facial-recognition-software-used-by-police/

CarlV
10-22-2016, 03:02 PM
And I thought I didn't have a life. :p

Carl

merrylander
10-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Good luck with the surgery Mark.

Tom Joad
11-01-2016, 02:51 PM
In the morning I will go for my usual 2 mile walk.

Then I'll go to my polling place and vote for Jill Stein.

Later that evening, when the polls start to close I will watch the election returns, and root for Trump.

merrylander
11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I will vote as I always have since they Sanforized me.

68custom
11-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I am going to build a fort in the closet and hide out for awhile. I already did the early vote thing.

Boreas
11-02-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm making plans to emigrate to Mexico so I can be on the right side of Trump's wall.

BlueStreak
11-02-2016, 10:42 AM
I will wait until Tuesday, so I can stand in line with the idiotic freaks. They are SO entertaining.

bobabode
11-02-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm arranging for a couple taco trucks outside my polling station. ;)

JCricket
11-02-2016, 11:03 AM
buggers,
just had to reschedule surgery. Oh well, I get to be fully aware during the election......

nailer
11-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm arranging for a couple taco trucks outside my polling station. ;)

Hillarybot election rigging! :D

bobabode
11-02-2016, 11:07 AM
buggers,
just had to reschedule surgery. Oh well, I get to be fully aware during the election......

I 'highly' recommend some Hindu Kush for this election. ;)

bobabode
11-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Hillarybot election rigging! :D

Resistance is futile! :cool:

Boreas
11-02-2016, 11:10 AM
buggers,

Emigrate to Mexico and get it done for free.

nailer
11-02-2016, 11:25 AM
I 'highly' recommend some Hindu Kush for this election. ;)

Shore Line here, locally grown in Oak Cliff. :cool:

JCricket
11-02-2016, 04:37 PM

I wonder whose elections are more corrupt. Theirs or ours?????

Emigration, definitely a temptation

donquixote99
11-02-2016, 06:06 PM

Hmmm...free operations in Mexico? How does that work?

Boreas
11-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Hmmm...free operations in Mexico? How does that work?

Resident aliens can buy into the Mexican Natoinal Healthcare Plan for a little over $300 a year or $600 for you and the little woman.

Tom Joad
11-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Resident aliens can buy into the Mexican Natoinal Healthcare Plan for a little over $300 a year or $600 for you and the little woman.

That beats the Hell out of Obummercare.

barbara
11-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Compare Clinton and Trump health care proposals.

Trump wants to give more power to insurance companies.

Clinton wants to move toward a single payer system.

Rajoo
11-02-2016, 06:57 PM
I will be waking up to this album on Nov. 8th. :)

http://cdn-s3.allmusic.com/release-covers/500/0000/826/0000826057.jpg

Also happens to be one of my all time favorites.