PDA

View Full Version : Collapse

whell
11-03-2016, 09:20 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Wasn't it a month ago that we were lead to believe that this was an 8 point Clinton lead, and she had the election wrapped up?

Poof!

bobabode
11-03-2016, 09:24 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Wasn't it a month ago that we were lead to believe that this was an 8 point Clinton lead, and she had the election wrapped up?

Poof!

Heh, if RCP is your touchstone? You're going to disappointed on Tuesday, bro. ;)

Pio1980
11-03-2016, 10:23 PM
An empty suit channeling P.T. Barnum and every demagogue that drew a crowd won't release tax documents that would prove he is a fraud, yet he has a rabid fan base of gullible fools.
Nothing that happens around Hillz is going to change him into a Presidential intellect, and as unlikely as Hillz could be redeemed by the office, it is far more likely with her than him.
I'll take that chance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oerets
11-03-2016, 10:33 PM
I still think the majority of the US has sense. That in the end HRC will win.

But then again "W" won once......

I still have a Passport and family in PEI Canada.......

Barney

CarlV
11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
IIRC, gov't health care in Mexico is 60. USD/mo.

Carl

Dondilion
11-04-2016, 03:44 AM
Wiki leaks "drip, drip", plus the feeling, which is Americana, that if you are a target of the FBI, then you are inherently corrupt, bad, dirty and therefore not good for the country.

whell
11-04-2016, 06:58 AM
An empty suit channeling P.T. Barnum and every demagogue that drew a crowd won't release tax documents that would prove he is a fraud, yet he has a rabid fan base of gullible fools.
Nothing that happens around Hillz is going to change him into a Presidential intellect, and as unlikely as Hillz could be redeemed by the office, it is far more likely with her than him.
I'll take that chance.

I'm definitely heading in the opposite direction, choosing the "unknown versus the known". The last couple months has been an appropriate reminder of what 8 years of "Clinton 1" was like, and what "Clinton 2" would likely bring.

Still undecided between P.T. Barnum and the "geographically - challenged" candidate, but IMHO either are better than the likely constant barrage of ethical and judgement lapses that would accompany another Clinton administration.

whell
11-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Wiki leaks "drip, drip", plus the feeling, which is Americana, that if you are a target of the FBI, then you are inherently corrupt, bad, dirty and therefore not good for the country.

The FBI was never an issue until Hillary made them an issue. It all starts with her (purposeful?) lapse in judgement.

Russia was never an issue in this election until Hillary made them an issue. Sure, the hackers got to the DNC email system, but if there was no active effort by the DNC to throw in in Hillary, there would never have been anything noteworthy for the hackers to post. Then to publicly blame another government for interfering in the election with scant evidence was just a stupid thing to do.

If she gets elected, she's going to start with a compromised relationship with the FBI, and with Russia. Not good.

Rajoo
11-04-2016, 07:23 AM
The FBI was never an issue until Hillary made them an issue. It all starts with her (purposeful?) lapse in judgement.

I disagree. Comey using FBI as a platform added to Hillary's woes, twice within this past year by holding unconventional press conferences.

whell
11-04-2016, 07:34 AM
I disagree. Comey using FBI as a platform added to Hillary's woes, twice within this past year by holding unconventional press conferences.

Well, if she never made the ill-informed (or purposefully non-transparent) decisions that she made, Comey never have a reason to "use the FBI as a platform".

She reaps what she sews. She made of her own lapses in judgement / ethics, and she owns the consequences.

Dondilion
11-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Cenk Uygur points what most of the press missed in the wikileaks as to why Chelsea Clinton was so upset. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApcqXijVzYU

Tom Joad
11-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Heh, if RCP is your touchstone? You're going to disappointed on Tuesday, bro. ;)

Right now your boy Nate Silver has it 2-1 in favor of Hillary.

That's represents a significant move towards Trump in the past week to ten days.

To look at it another way, you are now playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets in a six shot revolver.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Then there's the expectations game.

You Hillaybots have set yourself up for a huge landslide win for Hillary.

Even if Trump loses, if he can keep it close, it will be a major embarrassment for her.

And then there's the Senate.

The Republicans have to defend 24 seats this time around.

The Democrats only 10.

24-10.

With those kind of odds in their favor, if the Democrats don't take back the Senate it will be a testament to the weakness of their candidate.

nailer
11-04-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm definitely heading in the opposite direction, choosing the "unknown versus the known". The last couple months has been an appropriate reminder of what 8 years of "Clinton 1" was like, and what "Clinton 2" would likely bring.

Still undecided between P.T. Barnum and the "geographically - challenged" candidate, but IMHO either are better than the likely constant barrage of ethical and judgement lapses that would accompany another Clinton administration.

Economically Clinton 1 was pretty good. :cool:

MrPots
11-04-2016, 09:05 AM

Poof!

Well, we really weren't "lead" to believe that, those were the facts at the time.

Things change as time moves on, life is like that.

That's my free wisdom for the day.

Are you prepared to see the country move to a dictatorship? Ya excited about it? It's not often we see a country change from a democracy to a dictatorship like this. They say democracies always end like this but to actually witness it is fun huh? So you think Trump will be a benevolent ruler or do ya think he'll start imprisoning and hanging his opponents and critics right off the bat?

Tom Joad
11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Economically Clinton 1 was pretty good. :cool:

Clinton benefited from several things.

One was that the baby boomers were hitting their peak earning years and wre pumping plenty of money into the economy.

Then there was the stock market boom during his second term where the Nasdaq stocks were trading at anywhere from 100 to infinity times earnings.

Everyone thought they were going to be millionaires.

But it was all funny money.

I remember one young Dude where I worked that was bragging about how he had made 50 grand in the market in the last year and how he was going to retire in five years.

Last I heard he's now in his 50's and still working at the same place trying to hold on for his thirty years so he can get his pension.

MrPots
11-04-2016, 09:10 AM

Isn't the irony fun? You have one of the most vetted candidates in history with Hillary, versus curtain #3 of which we know virtually nothing.....

MrPots
11-04-2016, 09:11 AM

Barney

It's the second win that was the head scratcher....

nailer
11-04-2016, 09:35 AM

One was that the baby boomers were hitting their peak earning years and wre pumping plenty of money into the economy.

Then there was the stock market boom during his second term where the Nasdaq stocks were trading at anywhere from 100 to infinity times earnings.

I remember one young Dude where I worked that was bragging about how he had made 50 grand in the market in the last year and how he was going to retire in five years.

Last I heard he's now in his 50's and still working at the same place trying to hold on for his thirty years so he can get his pension.

Being a millionaire isn't all that special.

Pio1980
11-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Lot of that going around, the house always wins in the long run.

finnbow
11-04-2016, 09:49 AM

It beats not being one.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 09:51 AM

Just like Martin Luther King

Tom Joad
11-04-2016, 09:53 AM

It's not what it used to be that's for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL23mLBrOic

A million today is about 100K in 1950's money.

nailer
11-04-2016, 09:54 AM
It beats not being one.

Not at the margin.

Dondilion
11-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Just like Martin Luther King

You are quoting exception to the general perception.

My point--the reason for the tightening of the race in these last days.

1) WikiLeaks

2) FBI connotation.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 10:31 AM
You are quoting exception to the general perception.

My point--the reason for the tightening of the race in these last days.

1) WikiLeaks

2) FBI connotation.

And, not for the first time, you are attributing your own opinion to the majority. I don't know one single person who shares your perception of the FBI. They are, and have always been, venal, vindictive and corrupt. Cointelpro anyone? The only time public perception of the FBI corresponded with your pollyannaish preception was during the Red Scare of the 1950s when we were all propagandized to believe that the FBI was all that stood between us and the Communist Horde.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 10:35 AM
And, not for the first time, you are attributing your own opinion to the majority. I don't know one single person who shares your perception of the FBI. They are, and have always been, venal, vindictive and corrupt. Cointelpro anyone? The only time public perception of the FBI corresponded with your pollyannaish preception was during the Red Scare of the 1950s when we were all propagandized to believe that the FBI was all that stood between us and the Communist Horde.

To wit:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

nailer
11-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Inspector Lewis Erskine argues otherwise.

icenine
11-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Rachel Maddow was reporting that there is a cabal of Breitbart reading FBI agents in a New York field office trying to take Clinton down. It seems like they are resentful of more seasoned FBI investigators quashing a potential Clinton Foundation investigation based on evidence found in books advertised on Breitbart "News."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/fbi-investigation-clinton-foundation-peter-schweizer-breitbart

Dondilion
11-04-2016, 11:00 AM

You are the best!

icenine
11-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Right now your boy Nate Silver has it 2-1 in favor of Hillary.

That's represents a significant move towards Trump in the past week to ten days.

To look at it another way, you are now playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets in a six shot revolver.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Then there's the expectations game.

You Hillaybots have set yourself up for a huge landslide win for Hillary.

Even if Trump loses, if he can keep it close, it will be a major embarrassment for her.

And then there's the Senate.

The Republicans have to defend 24 seats this time around.

The Democrats only 10.

24-10.

With those kind of odds in their favor, if the Democrats don't take back the Senate it will be a testament to the weakness of their candidate.

I don't think winning the Presidency, by whatever margin, has ever been a major embarrassment for any candidate.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 11:19 AM

As would Herbert Philbrick (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Led_Three_Lives).

Boreas
11-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Rachel Maddow was reporting that there is a cabal of Breitbart reading FBI agents in a New York field office trying to take Clinton down. It seems like they are resentful of more seasoned FBI investigators quashing a potential Clinton Foundation investigation based on evidence found in books advertised on Breitbart "News."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/fbi-investigation-clinton-foundation-peter-schweizer-breitbart

Giuliani is in the mix too. He used to be Comey's boss and he's all over TV claiming that "we" have something up our sleeves that will blow the Clintons out of the water.

nailer
11-04-2016, 11:28 AM
As would Hebert Philbrick (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Led_Three_Lives).

Weak deflection given your original claim.

Tom Joad
11-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Clinton got a gift from the FBI when Comey failed in indict her in July.

Bernie Sanders should be the Democratic nominee.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Clinton got a gift from the FBI when Comey failed in indict her in July.

Bernie Sanders should be the Democratic nominee.

The primaries were over by then.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Weak deflection given your original claim.

No, it isn't. Ever see the show? It's the most blatant example of the FBI selling their virtuous image to the public. The show was even narrated by the real Philbrick as he spun out his self-aggrandizing and agency-aggrandizing narrative.

nailer
11-04-2016, 12:36 PM
No, it isn't. Ever see the show? It's the most blatant example of the FBI selling their virtuous image to the public. The show was even narrated by the real Philbrick as he spun out his self-aggrandizing and agency-aggrandizing narrative.

Is to and yes. It was terrible.

An eight year run also argues against your original claim.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Is to and yes. It was terrible.

It is to what? And a large part of why we found it so terrible was the transparency of the propaganda.

An eight year run also argues against your original claim.[/QUOTE]

It was a product of its time and spoke to the paranoia that the FBI assiduously inculcated in society. Hoover approved every script. And it only ran for 3 years.

And I forgot to mention the less successful "I Was A Communist For The FBI" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_a_Communist_for_the_FBI).

nailer
11-04-2016, 12:59 PM
It is to what? And a large part of why we found it so terrible was the transparency of the propaganda.

An eight year run also argues against your original claim.

It was a product of its time and spoke to the paranoia that the FBI assiduously inculcated in society. Hoover approved every script. And it only ran for 3 years.

And I forgot to mention the less successful "I Was A Communist For The FBI" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_a_Communist_for_the_FBI).

Your weak original deflection.

According to Wiki it was nine (math error on my part corrected).

Deflect onward ...

Dondilion
11-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Harry Reid blew his top because he believed the FBI nexus was very bad for Clinton, so late in this election.

Harry Reid knows that if your neighbor realizes that the FBI is after you he/she will assume the worse about you.

bobabode
11-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Harry Reid blew his top because he believed the FBI nexus was very bad for Clinton, so late in this election.

Harry Reid knows that if your neighbor realizes that the FBI is after you he/she will assume the worse about you.

C'mon man. :rolleyes:
Who you jivin' with kozmic debris?

Boreas
11-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Your weak original deflection.

According to Wiki it was nine (math error on my part corrected).

That looks a hell of a lot more like 3 years than 8 or 9.

Deflect onward ...

"I Led Three Lives (also known as I Led 3 Lives) is an American drama series which was syndicated by Ziv Television Programs from October 1, 1953 to January 1, 1956."

The only one deflecting is you. You have yet to respond substantively to of any of my posts, instead relying on the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

nailer
11-04-2016, 01:34 PM
The only one deflecting is you. You have yet to respond substantively to of any of my posts, instead relying on the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

I'm talking about The FBI, which ran for nine years, addressing your original point about Americans' perspective on the FBI. I merely pointed out that the FBI was still well thought of by many American's well into the 70's. You brought up an irrelevant show, in that it addresses the 50's perspective, as a deflection from your erroneous claim.

My error in thinking you were referencing The FBI as having a three year run.

In addition, please don't add sentences to my posts you quote. :)

Boreas
11-04-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm talking about The FBI, which ran for nine years, blowing your original point about Americans' perspective on the FBI out of the water. You brought up an irrelevant show, in that it addresses the 50's perspective, as a deflection.

My error in thinking you were referencing The FBI as having a three year run.

So tell me, why is a '50s perspective a deflection and a '70s perspective not a deflection? If anything, it points to the persistent influence of the FBI in controlling the narrative.

nailer
11-04-2016, 01:57 PM
So tell me, why is a '50s perspective a deflection and a '70s perspective not a deflection? If anything, it points to the persistent influence of the FBI in controlling the narrative.

Chase your own tail. :D

merrylander
11-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Barney

Better I am still a citizen as far as Canada is concerned and I have family all over the country.:)

merrylander
11-04-2016, 02:20 PM

Actually Dondi from all the latest revalations it is the FBI that is corrupt, AKA Fumbling Bunch of Incompetents.:p

bobabode
11-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Actually Dondi from all the latest revalations it is the FBI that is corrupt, AKA Fumbling Bunch of Incompetents.:p

Yep, the New York field office is due some investigating itself. Funny how this whole attack is backfiring so spectacularly. I'm starting to feel a tiny twinge of sympathy for that dolt, Comey.

merrylander
11-04-2016, 02:30 PM

Whatever 9/11 was missed on the FBI's radar screen simply due to male sexism. A female agent told HQ about the group of strange student pilots who did not practice landings or takeoffs only in flying the aircraft. She was ignored.:rolleyes:

Boreas
11-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Yep, the New York field office is due some investigating itself. Funny how this whole attack is backfiring so spectacularly. I'm starting to feel a tiny twinge of sympathy for that dolt, Comey.

I'm not seeing it. Granted the FBI has disgraced itself but the game they're playing is working. Because of it, Trump now has a very real chance of winning. If the net result of the FBI leaks is depressed turnout, as is likely, Trump wins. Giuliani is Attorney General, General Boykin is Secretary of Defense, John Bolton is Secretary of State and Chris Christie is Secretary of Transportation.

Tom Joad
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Giuliani is Attorney General, General Boykin is Secretary of Defense, John Bolton is Secretary of State and Chris Christie is Secretary of Transportation.

I gotta admit, that's a pretty gruesome line up.

Except for Chris Christie as Secretary of Transportation. That one is kinda funny. :D

nailer
11-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Trump will serve as his own Secretary of the Treasury.

Rajoo
11-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Kellyanne Conway for Press Secretary.

PS: By naming Trump's cabinet, are we then predicting a Trump presidency.
Bob is liable to have a meltdown.

merrylander
11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I gotta admit, that's a pretty gruesome line up.

Except for Chris Christie as Secretary of Transportation. That one is kinda funny. :D

If he can stay out of jail.:)

donquixote99
11-05-2016, 04:02 PM
A presidential pardon can make anyone pure as driven snow. :)

bobabode
11-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Naw, just shaking my head how petty and juvenile you've become, Raj. I'm sure Bernie would be proud of you. s/k

Rajoo
11-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Naw, just shaking my head how petty and juvenile you've become, Raj. I'm sure Bernie would be proud of you. s/k

My advice to the children today will be not to grow up where the adults are singing praises of Hillary. :D
I hope you don't plan on lecturing the 55% at your polling station. ;)

CarlV
11-05-2016, 05:43 PM
My advice to anybody raising children, move somewhere else. Really.

Carl

Tom Joad
11-05-2016, 05:47 PM
What an elitist prick! The typical attitude of a Hillarybot. This one happens to be a Republican.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/05/david_brooks_less_educated_will_vote_for_trump_no_ matter_what_just_going_with_their_gene_pool.html

David Brooks: Less Educated Will Vote For Trump No Matter What, "Going With Their Gene Pool"

more (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/05/david_brooks_less_educated_will_vote_for_trump_no_ matter_what_just_going_with_their_gene_pool.html)

Tom Joad
11-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Whatever 9/11 was missed on the FBI's radar screen simply due to male sexism. A female agent told HQ about the group of strange student pilots who did not practice landings or takeoffs only in flying the aircraft. She was ignored.:rolleyes:

I think the Bush Administration knew a major attack was coming and deliberately stood down and let it happen so that they would have an excuse to move forward with their foreign policy agenda.

Boreas
11-05-2016, 06:04 PM

I'm considering the chances to be roughly even. It will come down to turnout and we all know about Dems and turnout.

Boreas
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
If he can stay out of jail.:)

He's protected.

Boreas
11-05-2016, 06:06 PM
What an elitist prick! The typical attitude of a Hillarybot. This one happens to be a Republican.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/05/david_brooks_less_educated_will_vote_for_trump_no_ matter_what_just_going_with_their_gene_pool.html

more (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/05/david_brooks_less_educated_will_vote_for_trump_no_ matter_what_just_going_with_their_gene_pool.html)

It's true.

Boreas
11-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I think the Bush Administration knew a major attack was coming and deliberately stood down and let it happen so that they would have an excuse to move forward with their foreign policy agenda.

It was a false flag operation conducted by the Israelis and rogue elements within the CIA. I thought everyone knew that.

nailer
11-06-2016, 08:22 AM
It was a false flag operation conducted by the Israelis and rogue elements within the CIA. I thought everyone knew that.

It was the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Tom Joad
11-10-2016, 10:30 PM

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. :D