PDA

View Full Version : Bullying is ok

barbara
11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
If our president can do it than so can our children.

And it has already started.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/students-chant-build-wall-middle-school-cafeteria-day/story?id=43451771

Is this the great America Trump promised us?

Boreas
11-10-2016, 06:38 PM
If our president can do it than so can our children.

And it has already started.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/students-chant-build-wall-middle-school-cafeteria-day/story?id=43451771

Is this the great America Trump promised us?

Trump has become a noun used to describe the bullying and abuse that we saw during the campaign. Kids urge their fellows to "Trump" their Muslim or Mexican classmates. I doubt that I'll ever be able to reconcile myself to living in the same country as the Trumpists. This won't get fixed until long after I'm gone.

sheltiedave
11-10-2016, 06:48 PM
60+ years after Brown vs. Board of Education, and THAT still isn't fixed. This dose of shit just needs to get in line.

barbara
11-11-2016, 06:06 AM
And now a new kind of bully tactic ....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/11/10/white-supremacists-urge-trolling-clinton-supporters-suicide/93617792/

donquixote99
11-11-2016, 06:46 AM
And to think, people were really worried about MICRO-aggressions....

MrPots
11-11-2016, 07:57 AM
All I can say is Hate has won the day in this country. The don's win has emboldened all the haters to come out and attack brown skinned people across the country. All the civilized progress of 100 years will now be dismantled by ignorance and hate.

Hate seems to be all that America has left.

I can play that game too republicans, and I will with every ounce of enthusiasm I have. Ya'll are on my shit list and I will do everything in my power to make you miserable and unpleasant, just as you are working so hard to make this country a mean and nasty place. If I see you in a store, I'll tell you to fuck off. You want my business? fuck off. I will give it back 10 times worse than you dish out. I will help republicans with their dream of making America the hate capitol of the world.

MrPots
11-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Sorry about that DQ, I know that's not your style.

donquixote99
11-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Sorry about that DQ, I know that's not your style.

It's my style these days more. But it hopefully it's a phase we'll get through. Otherwise, the right gets it's outrage stories, and martyrs, as well, and the thing spirals down into something like civil war.

MrPots
11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
To put it lightly, I'm one angry mother fucker right now. And struggling mightily to keep that anger from turning to hate.

Pio1980
11-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Push it out and away, live the next minuit, the next hour, the next day for yourself and the people who depend on you. Hate is an acid that ultimately corrodes it's container.
In this, we have no power to change the situation outside of our limited sphere.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

merrylander
11-11-2016, 01:29 PM
I refuse to hate those deplorables, let them stew in their own juices.

Pio1980
11-12-2016, 03:43 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-michael-conner/i-am-gay-i-will-not-be-to_b_12895204.html

bobabode
11-12-2016, 04:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-michael-conner/i-am-gay-i-will-not-be-to_b_12895204.html

A heartrending story. That brought up some disturbing memories for me. Between 7th and 8th grade I shot up from 5'1" to almost 5'11" and became a holy terror on the bullies in my Jr. High. I made it my mission to fend off some of the worst shit that was heaped on those smaller and vulnerable in my classes. Too bad David didn't have someone like that looking out for him.

Pio1980
11-12-2016, 05:27 PM
The demagogue in waiting may have made this sort of thing fashionable.

ZeroJunk
11-12-2016, 07:00 PM
I refuse to hate those deplorables, let them stew in their own juices.

You talking about the two black guys who beat the hell out of that white guy for voting Trump.

Or, are you talking about the thousands of people burning shit up in the streets.

Like they did when Obama was elected, wait a minute, no they didn't did they.

Talk about a classless bunch.

bobabode
11-12-2016, 07:05 PM
You talking about the two black guys who beat the hell out of that white guy for voting Trump.

Or, are you talking about the thousands of people burning shit up in the streets.

Like they did when Obama was elected, wait a minute, no they didn't did they.

Talk about a classless bunch.

Did you just run your International Harvester over the wheat field to collect that much straw? :confused:

ZeroJunk
11-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Did you just run your International Harvester over the wheat field to collect that much straw? :confused:

That's right. You put blinders on for your own bullshit.

bobabode
11-12-2016, 07:17 PM

I fart in your general direction.

BlueStreak
11-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Yes, the Great American Freakout of 2008/2009 never happened..........

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tea+Party+Racism+Examples+Of&FORM=IRMHRS

Pio1980
11-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Yes, the Great American Freakout of 2008/2009 never happened..........

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tea+Party+Racism+Examples+Of&FORM=IRMHRS

Oh, please! You know this never was about race.
(Insert irony emoticon here)

ZeroJunk
11-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Yeah that's right. They blocked highways, set stuff on fire, shot cops, ...

donquixote99
11-12-2016, 08:44 PM

What makes that his, my, or our 'bullshit?' Has anyone here defended violent protest? Has anyone here said Trump voters should be beaten? I'm practically always against first use of violence. I agree with Benjamin Franklin that there never was a good war or a bad peace.

You, however, show every sign of being 4-square for bullying.

ZeroJunk
11-12-2016, 10:16 PM
What makes that his, my, or our 'bullshit?' Has anyone here defended violent protest? Has anyone here said Trump voters should be beaten? I'm practically always against first use of violence. I agree with Benjamin Franklin that there never was a good war or a bad peace.

When Obama was elected I was not particularly happy about it, obviously because he was black, had nothing to do with his politics. But, he was president and I actually hoped that he would be successful.

Now, some of the goofballs on here have a few photos of old white people with signs and somehow that equates to thousands of people stopping traffic, and vandalizing, burning stuff, kids getting out of exams because they are traumatized, or need to go protest. Gotta love the left.

Pio1980
11-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Comparing Barack Obama to the shamelessly fact averse ethically sterile demagogue that bamboozled a sufficient number of frustrated fools in order to take responsibility for a task he is incredibly unsuited and unprepared to carry is the zenith of false equivalency.

donquixote99
11-13-2016, 07:52 AM
When Obama was elected I was not particularly happy about it, obviously because he was black, had nothing to do with his politics. But, he was president and I actually hoped that he would be successful.

Now, some of the goofballs on here have a few photos of old white people with signs and somehow that equates to thousands of people stopping traffic, and vandalizing, burning stuff, kids getting out of exams because they are traumatized, or need to go protest. Gotta love the left.

No you don't. You gotta hate them. And it's just like you to use any handy rationale to hate on millions of people, most of whom have never been in a protest, and if they were, didn't do anything violent.

BlueStreak
11-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Comparing Barack Obama to the shamelessly fact averse ethically sterile demagogue that bamboozled a sufficient number of frustrated fools in order to take responsibility for a task he is incredibly unsuited and unprepared to carry is the zenith of false equivalency.

Beautifully stated.

BlueStreak
11-13-2016, 09:04 AM

Yeah, who doesn't recall the statements from the right that bullying is a good thing because it toughens kids up and prepares them for the "real world"? It's basically what all of this complaining about people being "too soft" and America being full of "pussies" is all about. The right LOVES bullies, it's core to their ideology.

Funny, how they accuse us of being weak and pussified, but when some idiots act up in Portland, they start screaming about impending Fascism and run out to stock up on guns and ammo.............

"Oooooo, the librels are comin' to git us! Dig a bunker and stock it up!":rolleyes:

ZeroJunk
11-13-2016, 09:10 AM
No you don't. You gotta hate them. And it's just like you to use any handy rationale to hate on millions of people, most of whom have never been in a protest, and if they were, didn't do anything violent.

You and other Democrats just keep thinking that the election was about hate and see how that works out for you.

Like I said before, what actually swung the election was the rust belt voters who had voted for Obama twice.

donquixote99
11-13-2016, 09:44 AM
You and other Democrats just keep thinking that the election was about hate and see how that works out for you.

Like I said before, what actually swung the election was the rust belt voters who had voted for Obama twice.

I said you. I was being personal. The voters? Some are like you, some aren't.

ZeroJunk
11-13-2016, 09:52 AM
I said you. I was being personal. The voters? Some are like you, some aren't.

The core group of retired guys I hang around with about every day has four Blacks, one Mexican, and a Korean.
God I hate those bastards.

merrylander
11-13-2016, 10:06 AM

The one problem is that while they hope for change they re-elected 98% of the incumbents. Now I know that not all incumbent politicians are bad but a goodly number of them are so indebted to K Street and thus they will not make the changes people hope for and need.