PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Trump Hysteria

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 03:35 PM
This is some funny shit. :D

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/11/14/trump-liberal-college-campuses-michigan-yale-glenn-reynolds-column/93765568/

The response to the shock has been to turn campuses into kindergarten. The University of Michigan Law School announced a ”post-election self-care” event with “food" and "play,” including “coloring sheets, play dough (sic), positive card-making, Legos and bubbles with your fellow law students.”

Stanford emailed its students and faculty that psychological counseling was available for those experiencing “uncertainty, anger, anxiety and/or fear” following the election. So did the University of Michigan’s Flint campus.

Meanwhile, even the Ivy League wasn’t immune, with the University of Pennsylvania (Trump’s alma mater) creating a post-election safe space with puppies and coloring books:

At Cornell, The Fix reported, students held a "cry in."

Yale had a ”group scream.”

At Tufts, the university offered arts and crafts, while the University of Kansas reminded students that there were plenty of “therapy dogs” available.

At other schools, exams were canceled and professors expressed their sympathy to traumatized students.

"A cry In" :D

"A group scream":D

Wasillaguy
11-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I see Mary, and Bobby, and Jimmy, and Kevin, and...

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mfac2966c52706008652d7a3ab8a63d15o2&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

icenine
11-15-2016, 04:39 PM
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/622_350/582b3f321500001304b0d15f.jpeg?cache=qcrfdap2kk

These guys are happy.

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 05:13 PM
I suppose a 2nd Amendment solution to the Trumpkin harrassment problem would be more to your liking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 05:15 PM
These guys are happy.

But you obviously are not.

Perhaps a "Therapy Dog" would help.;)

Do you think your Tricare would cover that?

http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/11/12/post-trump-liberal-meltdown-counseling-cry-ins-therapy-dogs-and-poetry/

According to NBC News, Democratic staffers were so distraught over this week’s election that “therapy dogs” had to be brought in to help workers on Capitol Hill cope with their vulnerabilities and hurt feelings.

Therapy Dogs included two golden doodles, two American Eskimo dogs, and a beagle mix – walked around the offices of the House of Representatives.
The dogs were organized by NGOs the Human Animal Bond Research Initiative, Pet Partners, the Pet Leadership Council and the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.

Their press release says that Democratic Party staffers needed, “the help of a non-judgmental, furry, four-legged best friend that enjoys bipartisan support.”

I guess that's one way of saying the Dog doesn't give a shit who won the election.

CarlV
11-15-2016, 05:18 PM
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/622_350/582b3f321500001304b0d15f.jpeg?cache=qcrfdap2kk

These guys are happy.

Boy is Lyin Ryan drooling to have his chance to end SS and Medicare.

Carl

donquixote99
11-15-2016, 05:21 PM
I've got a 'therapy bat' in the corner of the kitchen. It's my very own Louisville slugger from when I was a kid. Sometimes I take it into the back yard and bat the hell out of some whiffle balls. It's very therapeutic.

Anyone disposed to scoff should drop by. They won't believe how well it works.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Boy is Lyin Ryan drooling to have his chance to end SS and Medicare. Carl

Number one, Ryan ain't in charge.

Trump is the Big Kahuna and Trump has said he's not going to cut Medicare or Social Security.

Number two, even though the Democrats had their asses handed to them, they are still going to have 48 Senate seats and they only need 41 to block anything like this. They would have to be a bunch of gutless pussies not to.

Oh shit! Maybe we do have something to worry about. :eek:

bobabode
11-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Anyone who believes a single word of Trump's campaign promises has rocks in their head. That dude changes position within the same sentence with no punctuation. :rolleyes:

CarlV
11-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Yes, The Goppers have 2 years to make a difference before the chance for Dems to grab the Senate, maybe even the House if he is as bad a POTUS as his cabinet picks are looking to be. The pinheads that voted for him will probably believe it is all Obama's fault, but will it be enough?

Carl

nailer
11-15-2016, 05:50 PM
I've got a 'therapy bat' in the corner of the kitchen. It's my very own Louisville slugger from when I was a kid. Sometimes I take it into the back yard and bat the hell out of some whiffle balls. It's very therapeutic.

Anyone disposed to scoff should drop by. They won't believe how well it works.

Beating the couch with a tennis racket works for me.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Anyone who believes a single word of Trump's campaign promises has rocks in their head. That dude changes position within the same sentence with no punctuation. :rolleyes:

Sure, because you've been right on the money about Trump all along.

There's a veritable gold mine of past posts of yours that will demonstrate what an awesome prognosticator you are. That is unless you've deleting the Hell out of them like you Gal did all of her embarrassing emails. ;)

donquixote99
11-15-2016, 05:56 PM
At any time they choose, the Senate, by mere majority vote, can do away with the time-honored filibuster rule and say a bare majority can pass anything. This is the so-called 'nuclear option' discussed during the government shutdown episodes.

I'm betting that in these Days of Trump, the nuclear option finally goes off.

whell
11-15-2016, 05:59 PM

Any bets you'd like to place on how quickly the ACA faces legislative action after 1/20/17?

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 06:05 PM
At any time they choose, the Senate, by mere majority vote, can do away with the time-honored filibuster rule and say a bare majority can pass anything. This is the so-called 'nuclear option' discussed during the government shutdown episodes.

I'm betting that in these Days of Trump, the nuclear option finally goes off.

OK, I'm going to stick my neck out and prognosticate that Ryan does not get his way with Social Security and Medicare.

If I am wrong you can go back to this post of mine and embarrass and humiliate me the way I am going to use Bob's past posts about the impending Hillary Clinton landslide to embarrass and humiliate him. :D

finnbow
11-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Any bets you'd like to place on how quickly the ACA faces legislative action after 1/20/17?

Interestingly, they don't yet have a replacement plan to support the "repeal and replace" mantra they've been chanting for 6 years. At most, they'll tweak it, change it's name, and sing its praises.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 06:08 PM

Pretty fast I hope.

It's a suck ass piece of legislation.

By the way, whatever they replace it with will be suck ass too.

The only solution that will work is single payer.

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Pretty fast I hope.

It's a suck ass piece of legislation.

By the way, whatever they replace it with will be suck ass too.

The only solution that will work is single payer.

No chit.

bobabode
11-15-2016, 06:15 PM

Are you really this gullible, Mike? Trump will slap his gold leaf embossed name on ObamaCare while allowing that ludicrous RWNJ shiny object of selling insurance across state lines. We'll all be buying our health insurance through some shell company based in Delaware.

Grow up, bro.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Are you really this gullible, Mike?

I hear some people were gullible enough to believe Clinton would win in a landslide.

I hear some people thought he might turn Texas, Georgia, and Utah blue.

Can you believe that shit?:eek:

I swear it's true.

If you don't believe me I can pull up the posts of the idiot who said those things and show you. Do you want me to?;)

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 06:42 PM
If a large percentage was in the mood and determined to put an asshole in the White House, I dunno what could be done to deter them.

bobabode
11-15-2016, 07:10 PM
I hear some people were gullible enough to believe Clinton would win in a landslide.

I hear some people thought he might turn Texas, Georgia, and Utah blue.

Can you believe that shit?:eek:

I swear it's true.

If you don't believe me I can pull up the posts of the idiot who said those things and show you. Do you want me to?;)

Do you really think you that can somehow embarrass me or bully me, Joad?

You're more delusional than I thought, brosky. :D

VanishingPoi
11-15-2016, 07:11 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/11/14/trump-liberal-college-campuses-michigan-yale-glenn-reynolds-column/93765568/

This is the kind shit the machine wants you to believe so the whole caboodle can be disregarded as hysteria. This is the kind of shit that creates stories for the masses. This how the propaganda machines works. They focus on the little shit to piss people off instead what peoples fears really are. Look at the comments. That is exactly what they are going for.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 07:52 PM
This is the kind shit the machine wants you to believe so the whole caboodle can be disregarded as hysteria. This is the kind of shit that creates stories for the masses. This how the propaganda machines works. They focus on the little shit to piss people off instead what peoples fears really are. Look at the comments. That is exactly what they are going for.

The "machine" hates Trump.

That's part of the reason why I like him.

And yeah the "machine" hates the left and tries to denigrate them at every opportunity. But so much of the left is so damned wimpy that they leave themselves open to it. Bernies one of the few lefty's out there that showed any backbone. And he got thrown under the bus.

The establishment (I prefer to call it that instead of "machine") also pulled out all the stops to try to throw Trump under the bus too. But he beat them. I admire him for that. And boy have I taken a lot of flak for saying stuff like that.

donquixote99
11-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Sticking with the belief that Trump is on your side, TJ?
Ho ho ho.

See you at the real revolution.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 08:36 PM
Sticking with the belief that Trump is on your side, TJ?
Ho ho ho.

See you at the real revolution.

Hell I'm all ready persona non grata with just about everyone on this forum.

What have I got to lose?

Here goes.

The establishment hates him.

That's a plus.

I like him on trade.

I like him on infrastructure rebuilding.

I like him on foreign policy.

I want to see Obamacare axed. Although I don't think he'll come up with anything better, but I would still rather move on from this failure.

Supreme court? Who knows. I will say that Obamas master strategy of not making a recess appointment sure backfired didn't it?

I like the fact that he will be a strong leader. Obama, the great conciliatory accommodator got us nowhere. I like Obama. He's handsome, charismatic, cool, smart, but he's a push over.

I don't like his tax plan.

I'm a little concerned about Roe vs, Wade, but the truth is I think Trump is a closet liberal on social issues. I think Ted Cruz pegged him right about the "New York Values". Except to Cruz and his followers that's a bad thing, to me that's good.

I also think he's probably an Atheist. I think that thing where he said the Bible was his favorite book was total fucking bullshit, which is fine by me.

I also think he's brilliant. Absolutely fucking A brilliant. He ran a campaign that defied all conventional wisdom and he would up making all his detractors look foolish in the end.

I consider him to be the enemy of my enemies, and therefore my friend.

He took down Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Hillary Clinton. Just for that he's already done a great service to this country. I'd give him a medal just for that.

finnbow
11-15-2016, 09:21 PM
...He took down Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Hillary Clinton. Just for that he's already done a great service to this country. I'd give him a medal just for that.

Were he not a neo-Fascist know-nothing, you may have a point.

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 09:28 PM
He certainly does reactive bullshit demagoguery well. Goody for him, until customer service time comes and he has to deliver.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 10:01 PM
He certainly does reactive bullshit demagoguery well. Goody for him, until customer service time comes and he has to deliver.

We won't know how he's going to govern until after Jan. 20, 2017.

I'm waiting to see how that first 100 days goes.

That take us out to the beginning of May 2017.

Tom Joad
11-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Do you really think you that can somehow embarrass me or bully me, Joad?

No. Observing what a fool you make of yourself embarrasses me.

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 10:09 PM
We are probably getting the same shallow narcissistic petty tyrant that had that shitty selfserving propaganda show.

donquixote99
11-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Hell I'm all ready persona non grata with just about everyone on this forum.

What have I got to lose?

AH, people do like to confess. Deception gets wearisome, we want to be ourselves and loved (or at least forgiven) for it. SO, you confess, you love Big Trump.

We knew.

Here goes.

The establishment hates him.

That's a plus.

Question: who does Trump hate? Who's adulation does he crave? Con men hate their marks. Trump will want what he does not have--the admiration and respect of the rich, the educated, the upper class, the ones who now, you say, hate him.

I like him on trade.

I like him on infrastructure rebuilding.

I like him on foreign policy.

You haven't the foggiest what he will actually do on these things. How could you? He doesn't.

I want to see Obamacare axed. Although I don't think he'll come up with anything better, but I would still rather move on from this failure.

Supreme court? Who knows. I will say that Obamas master strategy of not making a recess appointment sure backfired didn't it?

I like the fact that he will be a strong leader. Obama, the great conciliatory accommodator got us nowhere. I like Obama. He's handsome, charismatic, cool, smart, but he's a push over.

You like Trump, you don't like Obama. Got it.

I don't like his tax plan.

Heh. The tax plan is what shows whose friend he is. He needed cash during the campaign (yes he did), and the price he paid to get it was to publicly commit to this revealing plan. This is the big man brought to heal.

I'm a little concerned about Roe vs, Wade, but the truth is I think Trump is a closet liberal on social issues. I think Ted Cruz pegged him right about the "New York Values". Except to Cruz and his followers that's a bad thing, to me that's good.

I also think he's probably an Atheist. I think that thing where he said the Bible was his favorite book was total fucking bullshit, which is fine by me.

You project what you want onto him.

I also think he's brilliant. Absolutely fucking A brilliant. He ran a campaign that defied all conventional wisdom and he would up making all his detractors look foolish in the end.

You're the sort who likes Big Men, that's all.

I consider him to be the enemy of my enemies, and therefore my friend.

Wrong both times, I think.

He took down Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Hillary Clinton. Just for that he's already done a great service to this country. I'd give him a medal just for that.

Let's see where we are in four years, then see about medals.

Pio1980
11-15-2016, 11:32 PM
So John Bolton is on tap, thank God that warmonger Hitlery didn't get in.
And, if Trump recoils from the unanticipated responsibilities and abdicates, you have your antiestablishment champions Pence and Priebus running the OO. Congrats!

HarmanKardon
11-16-2016, 01:46 AM

"Jetzt muss er liefern", as we say in German, literally - now he must deliver. (For example jobs, jobs, jobs... By the way, does America have already enough Autobahnen?) :D

But he has nothing to deliver but soap bubbles. :mad:

donquixote99
11-16-2016, 07:34 AM
There will be a few Potemkin villages.

nailer
11-16-2016, 08:39 AM

Marketing paves the way. And marketing's ability to shape and control is at the heart of American Fascism.

nailer
11-16-2016, 08:45 AM
There will be a few Potemkin villages.

A few more, and their size and number have been growing for a while.

Pio1980
11-16-2016, 09:31 AM
"Jetzt muss er liefern", as we say in German, literally - now he must deliver. (For example jobs, jobs, jobs... By the way, does America have already enough Autobahnen?) :D

But he has nothing to deliver but soap bubbles. :mad:

Our autobahnen need renovation and upgrading, as does so much else. We can't do it with tax cuts, but people would rather vote tax cuts and complain about shabby crumbling infrastructure.

barbara
11-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Our autobahnen need renovation and upgrading, as does so much else. We can't do it with tax cuts, but people would rather vote tax cuts and complain about shabby crumbling infrastructure.

Don't worry. Under the Trump administration tax cuts will be for only the wealthy. We still have enough middle class to carry the burden.

CarlV
11-16-2016, 10:21 AM

Tax cuts, and rebuilding infrastructure, repeal ACA, anything to keep the wealthy from paying their fair share which is the GOP credo.
2+2=4
What's that leave as far as paying for it? Either increase taxes on the working poor, the unemployed dumbasses who voted for dump. Or, making their children pay for it with increasing our national debt. (to China)

Carl

Tom Joad
11-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Don't worry. Under the Trump administration tax cuts will be for only the wealthy. We still have enough middle class to carry the burden.

Actually, we don't.

The deficit will balloon if those cuts are enacted.

It's one of the things I don't like about Trump's plans.

But since you bots keep saying you can't trust him to follow thru on anything he promises I am not going to worry about it. :D

Tom Joad
11-16-2016, 01:41 PM
You haven't the foggiest what he will actually do on these things. How could you? He doesn't.

I don't have any reason not to take Trump at his word.

Oh wait, I do.

There's this Dude on the internet who goes by the screen name donquixote99 that says I shouldn't. I gotta admit, that's one helluva compelling argument.

On the other hand all I have as evidence that Hillary can't be trusted are her own words in those leaked transcripts where she tells her big donors how she has a public position for the ignorant proletariat masses and a private one for them.

I can see that I'm going to have to really agonize over which way to go on this one.

donquixote99
11-16-2016, 02:11 PM
I could argue with you more, TJ, go though what are good reasons or bad reasons to think this or that. But what's the fucking point. You have your reasons to think what you want and say what you want to say. Arguing will not make a fucking bit of difference. What you think does not make a fucking bit of difference to me. Engaging in smartass contests is stupid, and I will never do it again with you or anyone.

I apologize to all readers for the amount of it I have done up to now.

Tom Joad
11-16-2016, 02:19 PM
I could argue with you more, TJ, go though what are good reasons or bad reasons to think this or that. But what's the fucking point. You have your reasons to think what you want and say what you want to say. Arguing will not make a fucking bit of difference. What you think does not make a fucking bit of difference to me. Engaging in smartass contests is stupid, and I will never do it again with you or anyone.

I apologize to all readers for the amount of it I have done up to now.

I understand Don.

If I were in the unenviable position of having to defend voting for Hillary Clinton I would probably do the same.

Denier
11-16-2016, 04:18 PM
I like seeing the left suffer whatever the cause.

Wasillaguy
11-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Kind of like pouring salt on slugs out in the garden. It's just plain fun.

donquixote99
11-16-2016, 06:45 PM
The right wing sure does have it's ugly on parade these days. Just have to remind myself that most people, even including many Trump voters, are not actually online troll zombies possessed by demons from hell.

Some, I assume, are good people.

bobabode
11-16-2016, 06:59 PM
I like seeing the left suffer whatever the cause.

Kind of like pouring salt on slugs out in the garden. It's just plain fun.

Don't you two have anything better to do? Like ripping hijabs off of some schoolgirls or punching some old lady face in a restaurant because she won't knuckle under?

Wasillaguy
11-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Speaking of slugs, I saw Hillary on the tv today. Or what's left of her anyway. If y'all missed it she says keep up the fight on all fronts. As for her, it looked to me like she was about ready to slither back under a rock to prevent her slime drying out in the sun.

donquixote99
11-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Are you capable of introspection, Wasguy?

If so, you might ask yourself why you're being such a sore winner. I mean, you always were RW, but you didn't used to be so nasty. Why does a Trump win make you want to go online and try to be as offensive as you can be?

Boreas
11-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Are you capable of introspection, Wasguy?

If so, you might ask yourself why you're being such a sore winner. I mean, you always were RW, but you didn't used to be so nasty. Why does a Trump win make you want to go online and try to be as offensive as you can be?

Oh, he was. It's just that he always tried to cloak his nastiness in a veneer of gentility. Now that Trump has been elected, that little nod to decorum is no longer necessary.

Wasillaguy
11-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Oh, he was. It's just that he always tried to cloak his nastiness in a veneer of gentility. Now that Trump has been elected, that little nod to decorum is no longer necessary.

Gave the loser plenty of opportunity to be graceful. She's the one that said she wants to keep fighting. I find her disgusting, and anyone still listening to her ignorant. Ridicule is warranted and necessary to shame those who would place their confidence in vermin of her type.

bobabode
11-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Gave the loser plenty of opportunity to be graceful. She's the one that said she wants to keep fighting. I find her disgusting, and anyone still listening to her ignorant. Ridicule is warranted and necessary to shame those who would place their confidence in vermin of her type.

I see you've gone full on alt-right. Maybe you always were?

Boreas
11-17-2016, 02:09 PM
I see you've gone full on alt-right. Maybe you always were?

You'd be surprised by how many people on the left feel just like Was does. It's the principle reason for her loss.

bobabode
11-17-2016, 02:16 PM
You'd be surprised by how many people on the left feel just like Was does. It's the principle reason for her loss.

That's a rather startling admission coming from you, Boreas. Hardly surprising though. All one has to do is peruse some of the alt-left websites like Caucus99percent or Kossacks for Sanders to see it.

Boreas
11-17-2016, 02:31 PM
That's a rather startling admission coming from you, Boreas. Hardly surprising though. All one has to do is peruse some of the alt-left websites like Caucus99percent or Kossacks for Sanders to see it.

It's not an admission, bobabode. It's an observation. As you say, there are as many people on the left who despise her as there are on the right. And as I said, It's a big part of why she lost.

By the way, I've never visited those sites you mentioned or any others of that sort. Perhaps your experience there has a lot to do with your blind loyalty to HRC.

Tom Joad
11-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Kossacks for Sanders.

No shit?

There's a website named "Kossacks for Sanders"?

I gotta check that out!:D

bobabode
11-17-2016, 02:38 PM
It's not an admission, bobabode. It's an observation. As you say, there are as many people on the left who despise her as there are on the right. And as I said, It's a big part of why she lost.

By the way, I've never visited those sites you mentioned or any others of that sort. Perhaps your experience there has a lot to do with your blind loyalty to HRC.

Go find someone else to fight with, I'm done.

Tom Joad
11-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Go find someone else to fight with, I'm done.

You can run.

But you can't hide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tkrX7DcY0

merrylander
11-17-2016, 03:18 PM
Her loss was directly due to James Comey. When has the FBI (before that asshole) ever done so much publicity when they knew they did not have a case - never. I wonder how much the RNC paid him?

Boreas
11-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Her loss was directly due to James Comey. When has the FBI (before that asshole) ever done so much publicity when they knew they did not have a case - never. I wonder how much the RNC paid him?

As I've said before, only a candidate as widely disliked and mistrusted as HRC would have been vulnerable to a stunt like Comey's, a stunt so transparent that even Charles Krauthamer, Bill Kristol and Glenn Beck attacked him for it.

Tom Joad
11-17-2016, 03:37 PM

Look at the electoral map.

Everything went pretty much as expected with one big exception.

The Rust Belt.

That's where the election was lost for her.

She lost that because the Democrats threw the working stiffs under the bus.

Those people voted for Trump because of his trade positions and his promise to bring back their jobs. They didn't give a shit about her emails.

MrPots
11-17-2016, 09:08 PM

I think it's funny how Trump is filling his cabinet with folks that are going to screw the hell outta people like you.

LOL...voting for a con man and expecting honor? LOL

Pio1980
11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/adam-yauch-park-trump-graffiti_us_582fa51ce4b058ce7aab3da2