PDA

View Full Version : Where Trump Gets His News ...

finnbow
11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
... and it's not from his intelligence briefings. It's InfoWars.:eek:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-news-source-alien-lizards-fluoride-mind-control-and-voter-fraud/2016/11/28/c0326c26-b5a0-11e6-b8df-600bd9d38a02_story.html

donquixote99
11-28-2016, 05:12 PM
I read that and laughed! Out loud! Hoo hoo hoo he he!

I feel I should cry, but I laughed.

Boreas
11-28-2016, 05:26 PM
This is anything but funny. We're fucked.

finnbow
11-28-2016, 05:43 PM

And our own Tom Joad refers to Trump as a genius. :eek:

icenine
11-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah this is a nightmare.

Tom Joad
11-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Pure conjecture. The Washington Post article contains no evidence at all that Trump gives any credibility to Alex Jones or Infowars.

Just another tabloid variety anti-Trump hit piece by the MSM.

finnbow
11-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Pure conjecture. The Washington Post article contains no evidence at all that Trump gives any credibility to Alex Jones or Infowars.

Just another tabloid variety anti-Trump hit piece by the MSM.

BS. Alex Jones was one of the very first people that Trump called when it became clear he won. He has publicly praised InfoWars on numerous occasions. From the article: Trump has been on the Jones show and praised the host’s “amazing reputation.”

Your genius is a dimwit.

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 07:44 AM
Interesting the way Trump is characterized by the anti-Trump crowd.

Depending on the issue at hand, he is portrayed as either an Evil Autocrat that will rule with an iron fist.

Or a stupid clown that will be steamrolled by congress and his advisors.

You really should pick one and stick with it.

Switching back and forth makes you looks like idiots.

finnbow
11-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Interesting the way Trump is characterized by the anti-Trump crowd.

Depending on the issue at hand, he is portrayed as either an Evil Autocrat that will rule with an iron fist.

Or a stupid clown that will be steamrolled by congress and his advisors.

You really should pick one and stick with it.

Switching back and forth makes you looks like idiots.

It is often the case that evil autocrats are clowns (Kim Jong-un, Hugo Chávez).

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 08:22 AM
It is often the case that evil autocrats are clowns (Kim Jong-un, Hugo Chávez).

Kim Jong whateverthe fuck perhaps, but I don't agree with you about Chavez at all.

As for Trump, what I am hoping for is that he will be a "Benevolent Dictator". ;)

donquixote99
11-29-2016, 08:38 AM
When has he ever shown 1 drop of benevolence?

Here's Trump benevolence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_JwLdpjhA

JCricket
11-29-2016, 08:40 AM
... and it's not from his intelligence briefings. It's InfoWars.:eek:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-news-source-alien-lizards-fluoride-mind-control-and-voter-fraud/2016/11/28/c0326c26-b5a0-11e6-b8df-600bd9d38a02_story.html

From the article:
"As the Right Wing Watch website has documented, Jones has alleged that the U.S. government was responsible for the Sept. 11 attacks (Jones posted an old video Monday in which Trump appeared to suggest that aircraft alone couldn’t have brought down the towers), the Oklahoma City bombings and mass shootings such as Sandy Hook. Jones has said that “chemtrails” from airplanes spread a “weaponized flu,” that juice boxes are part of a chemical-warfare operation to make children gay, that Justin Bieber is brainwashing children to create an American police state, that Obama murdered publisher Andrew Breitbart, that an “alien force not of this world” is targeting Trump, that intergalactic shape-shifting reptilian humanoids secretly control the world, and, of course, that water fluoridation is mass mind control."

Rajoo
11-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Kim Jong whateverthe fuck perhaps, but I don't agree with you about Chavez at all.

As for Trump, what I am hoping for is that he will be a "Benevolent Dictator". ;)

When and how did you switch your allegiance and devotion to Trump from Bernie since the contrast is horrific?

bobabode
11-29-2016, 11:29 AM
When and how did you switch your allegiance and devotion to Trump from Bernie since the contrast is horrific?

You have to ask? It's a classic case of the "Me Generation" combined with the "Jack" principle.

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 12:14 PM

The way I see it, the Trump people and the Bernie people are natural allies. We are all being screwed by the corrupt system and we all want a revolution. My first choice was to be a part of Bernie's revolution. But since that wasn't to be, I'm going for the next best thing. The Trump revolution.

"It's not a very good revolution, but it's the only one we have, and I want to be a part of it."

What I don't understand is why more people don't understand that.

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 12:17 PM
You have to ask? It's a classic case of the "Me Generation" combined with the "Jack" principle.

The question was directed at me, not you.

I will thank you not to answer for me.

And after my 72 hour cease fire is over, I will do more than thank you.

Rajoo
11-29-2016, 12:21 PM
The way I see it, the Trump people and the Bernie people are natural allies. We are all being screwed by the corrupt system and we all want a revolution. My first choice was to be a part of Bernie's revolution. But since that wasn't to be, I'm going for the next best thing. The Trump revolution.

"It's not a very good revolution, but it's the only one we have, and I want to be a part of it."

What I don't understand is why more people don't understand that.

Sorry no, Bernie's supporters are principled whereas Trump's supporters do not know any better. Trump's primary and only interest is to enrich himself and his family, and he will do this with impunity, if not we get President Pence.

If you read his daily tweets, it's easy to see where he is going with his presidency.

icenine
11-29-2016, 01:06 PM
The thing is that the person who is in office can set precedents that can either be good or bad. Just because a law does not exist or does not forbid a practice does not mean one should do said practice.
Trump is too ignorant to understand this and his self-interest will tarnish the office, perhaps terribly in a way Nixon never came close to doing.

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 01:48 PM
The thing is that the person who is in office can set precedents that can either be good or bad. Just because a law does not exist or does not forbid a practice does not mean one should do said practice.
Trump is too ignorant to understand this and his self-interest will tarnish the office, perhaps terribly in a way Nixon never came close to doing.

Sorry no, Bernie's supporters are principled whereas Trump's supporters do not know any better. Trump's primary and only interest is to enrich himself and his family, and he will do this with impunity, if not we get President Pence.

If you read his daily tweets, it's easy to see where he is going with his presidency.

Obviously I don't share your opinions of either Trump's supporters or Trump himself. Unfortunately, as my cease fire is currently in effect, I am unable at this time to provide the more strongly worded response that I would like to.

Tom Joad
11-29-2016, 02:08 PM

"If I read his daily tweets"?

Do you realize that this is a thread criticizing where Trump gets his news from and you are admitting that you get yours from "Daily Tweets"?

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Dog_of_the_Earth/79db4b5c87d76c9b20c366a07536b779.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/user/Dog_of_the_Earth/media/79db4b5c87d76c9b20c366a07536b779.jpg.html)

Rajoo
11-29-2016, 03:30 PM
TJ, that sentence is from my post, not from Ice.
His tweets are not for gathering news but inadvertently lets us know where he stands on various issues.

donquixote99
11-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Obviously I don't share your opinions of either Trump's supporters or Trump himself. Unfortunately, as my cease fire is currently in effect, I am unable at this time to provide the more strongly worded response that I would like to.

As if strong words prove anything.

BlueStreak
11-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Alex Jones was hanging out, making speeches outside the RNC in Cleveland. He is a typical right-wing whackjob.

So, Bannon and Alex Jones are now helping to form our new reality?

Nice.

BlueStreak
11-30-2016, 10:02 AM
As if strong words prove anything.

With or without profanity, idiocy is still idiocy.

nailer
11-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Also heard when the first human tribe got their first chief.

nailer
11-30-2016, 10:25 AM

He's going to be The Donald and a large portion of this country is okay with that. Any damage to my rice bowl will come from Congress and I've no problem with a military withdrawal from Europe. Satire will hit new highs and lows, and thanks to Global Cleansing it's a top down day here. What's a daily tweet? :)

Rajoo
11-30-2016, 10:46 AM
He's going to be The Donald and a large portion of this country is okay with that. Any damage to my rice bowl will come from Congress and I've no problem with a military withdrawal from Europe. Satire will hit new highs and lows, and thanks to Global Cleansing it's a top down day here. What's a daily tweet? :)

Since you asked.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This is a very good strategy on Trump's part, if it is indeed his strategy. Begin each morning with a few tweets, media frenzy follows and he is now directly controlling the news cycle.

nailer
11-30-2016, 10:50 AM
Since you asked.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This is a very good strategy on Trump's part, if it is indeed his strategy. Begin each morning with a few tweets, media frenzy follows and he is now directly controlling the news cycle.

Twit fodder. :D

Trump's been controlling his news cycle for years and is a master.

Rajoo
11-30-2016, 10:56 AM

And right you be, I was reading this earlier.
7. Bypass the media and communicate with the public directly. The American public learns what Trump thinks through his tweets. Shortly after the election, Trump released a video message outlining some of the executive actions he plans to take on his first day in office.

Robert Reich reveals the seven techniques that Donald Trump uses to control the media

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/robert-reich-reveals-the-seven-techniques-that-donald-trump-uses-to-control-the-media/

Tom Joad
11-30-2016, 12:05 PM
TJ, that sentence is from my post, not from Ice.
His tweets are not for gathering news but inadvertently lets us know where he stands on various issues.

I don't "Tweet".

However, from where I sit, it appears that every time Trump does the Latte Sipping "Liberal" Elitists heads explode, so perhaps that's why he does it. (I'm putting the word Liberal in quotes when I refer to these individuals as they are in no way liberal.

donquixote99
11-30-2016, 12:28 PM
So you resent an elite looking down at you, Tom? Ain't nobody but you making you crawl in the dirt.

Chicks
05-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Off to stock up on Chobani yogurt. Hope they bleed Alex Jones dry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/business/chobani-alex-jones.html

donquixote99
05-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Bleed him dry as dust.

Jones will want to settle. I would say no settlement except for 'everything,' with public disclosure and admission of guilt.

Pio1980
05-09-2017, 11:24 PM

Yes, a master baiter.
Thank for the slow pitch.