PDA

View Full Version : Ministry of Propaganda Being Formed

finnbow
12-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Senior Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway said in an interview Monday that she is considering leading a group being formed that will provide “a surround-sound super structure” to bolster the new administration’s political and policy goals.

The entity, whose legal structure has not yet been determined, will serve as the outside hub to support President-elect Donald Trump’s agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/05/new-pro-trump-group-takes-form-with-kellyanne-conway-possibly-at-the-helm/

What will become the new Volkische Beobachter - Breitbart or WorldNetDaily?

donquixote99
12-06-2016, 07:59 AM
'Legal structure not determined?' They both want to be 'official' and offer a layer of insulation between Trump and outrageous big lie campaigns and vicious attacks. It's a little tricky.

Dondilion
12-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Makes sense if they want to effectively counter the bias from such as Huff, Wapo and CNN.

nailer
12-06-2016, 08:54 AM
First Amendment.

Tom Joad
12-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Makes sense if they want to effectively counter the bias from such as Huff, Wapo and CNN.

That's for damn sure.

The Mainstream Media in this country has reached the point where it is virtually indistinguishable from Orwell's "Ministry of Truth".

donquixote99
12-06-2016, 09:38 AM

You are imagining the goal is to counter. It is not. The goal is to rule the information world.

Huff Post may survive as a ghetto, where the thought of lefties can be controlled, too.

finnbow
12-06-2016, 09:40 AM
That's for damn sure.

The Mainstream Media in this country has reached the point where it is virtually indistinguishable from Orwell's "Ministry of Truth".

Says the starry-eyed fan of the biggest liar in American politics who calls Alex Jones "amazing" and has the Breitbart editor as his key White House advisor. You sound more like Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann every day.

Tom Joad
12-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Huff Post may survive as a ghetto, where the thought of lefties can be controlled, too.

Yeah, Huffington Post.

They were fucking amazing during the run up to election day!;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/election-day-things-look-good-for-democrats_us_5821cb07e4b0d9ce6fbe91e4

POLL-BASED PROJECTIONS GIVE CLINTON THE WIN - HuffPollster: “The HuffPost presidential forecast model gives Democrat Hillary Clinton a 98.2 percent chance of winning the presidency. Republican Donald Trump has essentially no path to an Electoral College victory. Clinton’s win will be substantial, but not overwhelming. The model projects that she’ll garner 323 electoral votes to Trump’s 215. For all of 2016’s craziness, that projection actually follows a fairly traditional electoral map…. Florida, Nevada and North Carolina have leaned toward Clinton in the polling averages. The forecast in recent weeks, along with the strength of early voting numbers, makes it seem very likely that these will stay with her….

whell
12-06-2016, 09:56 AM

...and Media Matters, and FAIR, the various lefty advocacy organizations that the news outlets labels as "non-partisan" when they're quoted in news stories.

BlueStreak
12-06-2016, 10:53 AM
You are imagining the goal is to counter. It is not. The goal is to rule the information world.

Right. This has never been a "fairness" game, it's a "winner takes all" game.

I recall being taught; "The greatest trick the devil ever played was in convincing the world he doesn't exist.". I believe the Republican Party has succeeded in convincing far too Americans that ONLY Liberals lie. I also believe this is a very dangerous thing.

BlueStreak
12-06-2016, 10:59 AM
...and Media Matters, and FAIR, the various lefty advocacy organizations that the news outlets labels as "non-partisan" when they're quoted in news stories.

Are "lefties" the only people who have such organizations, Mike? Have you ever looked into ALEC and the way they hold their meetings "off site" to avoid the media and public scrutiny?

Why so secretive, Mike? Could they be discussing how to "steer" public opinion and engineer a new society? :rolleyes:

whell
12-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Are "lefties" the only people who have such organizations, Mike?

No, but the media typically seek out quotes from the non-lefty organizations, unless the media is doing a hit piece.

Have you ever looked into ALEC and the way they hold their meetings "off site" to avoid the media and public scrutiny?

Why so secretive, Mike? Could they be discussing how to "steer" public opinion and engineer a new society? :rolleyes:

I have no idea, and don't care to go to an ALEC meeting. But their schedule is posted right on their web site, so why don't you go check it out if you're interested. Publicly posting their meeting schedule doesn't strike me as an organization trying to "avoid the media and public scrutiny". But whatever. You might have to pony up a membership fee, but hey, might be worth it.

icenine
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Sounds sort of like CREEP.

donquixote99
12-06-2016, 12:27 PM
It will be what CREEP dreamed it could be, and much much more.

From the Guardian piece (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/04/google-democracy-truth-internet-search-facebook) I'm highlighting:

"...Every time someone likes one of these posts on Facebook or visits one of these websites, the scripts are then following you around the web. And this enables data-mining and influencing companies like Cambridge Analytica to precisely target individuals, to follow them around the web, and to send them highly personalised political messages. This is a propaganda machine. It’s targeting people individually to recruit them to an idea. It’s a level of social engineering that I’ve never seen before. They’re capturing people and then keeping them on an emotional leash and never letting them go.”

Cambridge Analytica, an American-owned company based in London, was employed by both the Vote Leave campaign and the Trump campaign. Dominic Cummings, the campaign director of Vote Leave, has made few public announcements since the Brexit referendum but he did say this: “If you want to make big improvements in communication, my advice is – hire physicists.”

Steve Bannon, founder of Breitbart News and the newly appointed chief strategist to Trump, is on Cambridge Analytica’s board and it has emerged that the company is in talks to undertake political messaging work for the Trump administration. It claims to have built psychological profiles using 5,000 separate pieces of data on 220 million American voters. It knows their quirks and nuances and daily habits and can target them individually.

whell
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Moderator, we may need to move this thread to the "Conspiracy" sub-section.:rolleyes:

Dondilion
12-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Moderator, we may need to move this thread to the "Conspiracy" sub-section.:rolleyes:

The conspiracies relating to mind coercion have multiplied since Brexit. They cannot believe that so many people would reject the positions of the many BBCs. :D

merrylander
12-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Sorry chaps but have you ever looked into your browser's history section? Every damn one, even Firefox has one and I clean mine out daily.

donquixote99
12-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Appropros of the continuing propaganda campaign alluded to in the OP, this bit form the London Times illuminates a foundatuional part:

In a very insightful new book, What is Populism?, the Princeton academic Jan-Werner Müller looks at the political ideas that unite such disparate political figures as Donald Trump and Hugo Chávez, Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Geert Wilders, Beppe Grillo’s Five Star Movement and Nigel Farage’s Ukip.

The professor argues that the central claim each of them makes is that they embody the will of the people. That will is simple, clear and unified and obviously associated with the national interest.

All of us are “real” people living “real” lives. We all have interests and views and they clash. We must argue and compromise and no one has the “actual person” trump card.

The crucial first populist step is to ensure that “the people” are limited to those who share the same conception of the country’s destiny. Anyone who does not must be considered not a real person. They are a member of “the elite” or of “the establishment”, they are liberals or they are metropolitan. These groups don’t do “real” jobs, or have “real experience”; they conspire against “real” people. They “just don’t get it”.

Other groups may be excluded: immigrants, say, because they aren’t “real” nationals. The attempt to show that Barack Obama wasn’t really born in America was much more than just an effort to deny him the presidency on technical grounds.

These movements that claim to embody 'the will of the "real" people' always make sure to read a lot of people out of "the people." And then of course, the "will of the people" is what the Big Leader tells them it is.

BlueStreak
12-07-2016, 11:51 AM

The conspiracies relating to mind coercion have multiplied since Brexit. They cannot that so many people would reject the positions of the many BBCs. :D

So, you are both trying to tell us that there is no such thing a mass manipulation? No such thing as political propaganda, misdirection, media immersion, whisper campaigns.........No psychological tricks employed by political parties designed to influence public opinion whatsoever? Doesn't happen? Never heard of these things, have no idea what I'm talking about?

Or maybe it's something only "Lefties" do?

LOL!

Alright, I'll remember that.

BlueStreak
12-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Sorry chaps but have you ever looked into your browser's history section? Every damn one, even Firefox has one and I clean mine out daily.

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking it doesn't really matter. I clear mine every time I log off. But still, banners and ads appear that indicate to me that the online stores, social media sites and other pages I frequent are being stored somewhere outside of my computer that I can't clear. I guess if the retail industry can track my activities anyone can.

I'm just sayin'.

BlueStreak
12-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Appropros of the continuing propaganda campaign alluded to in the OP, this bit form the London Times illuminates a foundatuional part:

These movements that claim to embody 'the will of the "real" people' always make sure to read a lot of people out of "the people." And then of course, the "will of the people" is what the Big Leader tells them it is.

"These Americans want their country back!"

Really? Which Americans and exactly what does "their country" mean? In what way has it been (allegedly) taken from them?

According to Whell and Dondilion such emotional manipulation never occurs, isn't deliberate and no one is ever swayed by it.:rolleyes:

Dondilion
12-07-2016, 04:12 PM
According to Whell and Dondilion such emotional manipulation never occurs, isn't deliberate and no one is ever swayed by it.:rolleyes:

From the Guardian article linked by Don Q.

"Did such micro-targeted propaganda - currently legal - swing the Brexit vote?
(A similar question also re Trump winning.)

There you have it...the reason for all that laborious construction of an article.

donquixote99
12-07-2016, 07:51 PM
From the Guardian article linked by Don Q.

"Did such micro-targeted propaganda - currently legal - swing the Brexit vote?
(A similar question also re Trump winning.)

There you have it...the reason for all that laborious construction of an article.

Right. Your discovery of a leading question totally invalidates all other citations of fact and every reasoned discussion passage in that whole piece.

Why? Because that's what you want.