PDA

View Full Version : Trump Reneges on Who Pays for Wall

finnbow
01-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Surprise, surprise.

Washington (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has signaled to congressional Republican leaders that his preference is to fund the border wall through the appropriations process as soon as April, according to House Republican officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

barbara
01-05-2017, 09:41 PM
This will be fun to watch.

BlueStreak
01-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Well, who could've seen that coming?

Next, Congress tells him where he can erect his stupid ass wall. Then, maybe they'll inform him that the 35% tariff isn't happening either, because it's inflationary and runs the risk of sparking a trade war that won't be good for anyone?

finnbow
01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Der Trumpenfuhrer's latest tweet on the wall:

“The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!”

You have to be mighty stupid (or Joad or Whell) to believe this nonsense.

MrPots
01-06-2017, 08:20 AM
We can pay for a wall to keep desperate people out, we can pay to police the world, but we can't pay for health care and education for our own citizens. We're an asshole nation.

Oerets
01-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Somehow Obama and the Dems will get the blamed for this!

Barney

whell
01-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Surprise, surprise.

Washington (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has signaled to congressional Republican leaders that his preference is to fund the border wall through the appropriations process as soon as April, according to House Republican officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

This post should be added to the fake news forum.

There's no "break of a campaign promise" here, as the CNN article alleges. Trump never said that Mexico would "pre-pay for the construction of the wall".

From April 2016 (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.25f29dddb1bf):

Starting on “day 1,” Trump writes, he would issue a warning to Mexico that unless it pays his desired amount, he will promulgate a new federal provision that would lead to a sweeping confiscation of funds sent by Mexicans in the United States who lack documentation of their “lawful presence.”

It's not day 1 yet. The remittances referenced above were always expected to be collected in the future.

In the memo, Trump said he would threaten to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers, commonly known as remittances. The threat would be withdrawn if Mexico made “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” to pay for the border wall, he wrote.

There was never a statement that we'd wait to build the wall until full payment was received. The priority as stated was to get the wall built.

Also, "the wall" has already been started, and funding had previously been appropriated, including funds to extend what has already been built.

finnbow
01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
This post should be added to the fake news forum.

There's no "break of a campaign promise" here, as the CNN article alleges. Trump never said that Mexico would "pre-pay for the construction of the wall"...

Yet again, you show your gullibility has no bounds.

HarmanKardon
01-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the Stone Age, America.

HarmanKardon
01-06-2017, 12:30 PM
I am so glad that my mother turned 90 (January, 2nd), before the American Hitler will extinguish this planet.

whell
01-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Yet again, you show your gullibility has no bounds.

Yet again, you show your disregard for the facts has no bounds. But your lame responses are ubiquitous.

finnbow
01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Yet again, you show your disregard for the facts has no bounds. But your lame responses are ubiquitous.

Facts??? Trump doesn't do facts. Do you sincerely believe that your Trumpenfuhrer is going to get Mexico to pay the untold billions needed to fund the wall after the American taxpayers have already foot the bill? If so, I am also curious about what other silly shit coming from his piehole that you believe.

Does he know more about ISIS than the generals? Did he actually see tens of thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11? Did Ted Cruz's father kill JFK? Did his investigators in Hawaii truly reveal that Obama was born in Kenya? Did he handpick instructors at Trump University? That he'll release his tax returns...

Honestly, Whell, you sound more ridiculous than Kellyanne Conway. If you truly believe that Trump will succeed in building a complete border wall and getting full reimbursement from Mexico for it, I will gladly wager $100 that he won't.

CarlV
01-06-2017, 02:05 PM
I truly believe there will be no wall built.

Carl

MrPots
01-06-2017, 04:35 PM
The wall was just a typical GOP wedge issue for folks too dumb to think for themselves. As Mexico's economy has improved more Mexican nationals are returning to Mexico than coming here. Illegal immigration is not that big of a problem, certainly not so big we need to spend billions on a wall to keep us in.

Vincente Fox's advice trump to "think a little" today, almost spit up my beer......

68custom
01-06-2017, 06:51 PM
the thing that really chaps my ass is how none of these trumpkins are holding his orangeness accountable for any of his campaign promises, it's like they are just happy that a white guys back at 1600 Pennsylvania..

barbara
01-06-2017, 06:55 PM
the thing that really chaps my ass is how none of these trumpkins are holding his orangeness accountable for any of his campaign promises, it's like they are just happy that a white guys back at 1600 Pennsylvania..

I think you are right.

Oerets
01-06-2017, 06:58 PM
I think you are right.

+!

Any of you'all catch the Governor of FLA snub Obama in his news conference earlier today? He calls and talks to Trump and Pence but snickers when asked if he talked to the current President.

Barney

68custom
01-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Rick Scott is an orange colored piece of poop!

Oerets
01-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Rick Scott is an orange colored piece of poop!

Wonder where the Orange poo came from????

Barney

MrPots
01-06-2017, 09:01 PM

They're holding their breath waiting for 'merica to be great again.

Oerets
01-06-2017, 09:16 PM
They're holding their breath waiting for 'merica to be great again.

And who to choose to blame when it not!

Barney

whell
01-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Facts??? Trump doesn't do facts. Do you sincerely believe that your Trumpenfuhrer is going to get Mexico to pay the untold billions needed to fund the wall after the American taxpayers have already foot the bill? If so, I am also curious about what other silly shit coming from his piehole that you believe.

Does he know more about ISIS than the generals? Did he actually see tens of thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11? Did Ted Cruz's father kill JFK? Did his investigators in Hawaii truly reveal that Obama was born in Kenya? Did he handpick instructors at Trump University? That he'll release his tax returns...

Honestly, Whell, you sound more ridiculous than Kellyanne Conway. If you truly believe that Trump will succeed in building a complete border wall and getting full reimbursement from Mexico for it, I will gladly wager $100 that he won't.

You are totally unglued, Finn. Did you even read the Wapo link?

This is actually awesome. The guy hasn't even taken office yet, and he's done more to get the left spun up and chasing their tails than any other president elect in history. The next four years are going to be a hoot.

whell
01-06-2017, 09:27 PM
I truly believe there will be no wall built.

Carl

Oh well....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hill-republicans-embrace-building-of-border-wall-despite-cost/2017/01/06/06f29b18-d432-11e6-9cb0-54ab630851e8_story.html?utm_term=.22607b74d19d

CarlV
01-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I can't believe they are dumb enough to actually think Mexico would pay us back for such nonsense. I sure hope Mexico wouldn't.

Carl

Oerets
01-06-2017, 09:41 PM
I can't believe they are dumb enough to actually think Mexico would pay us back for such nonsense. I sure hope Mexico wouldn't.

Carl

Don't you know by now, figures and funding can be made to say anything you want. Given enough money and doublespeak mumbo jumbo sheeple want to believe.

There are still those who think Iraq was justified.....

Barney

finnbow
01-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Isn't it a bit ironic that Trump, who made a career out of stiffing contractors, now says that Mexico is going to pay the bill for his wall?

bobabode
01-06-2017, 10:14 PM
You are totally unglued, Finn. Did you even read the Wapo link?

This is actually awesome. The guy hasn't even taken office yet, and he's done more to get the left spun up and chasing their tails than any other president elect in history. The next four years are going to be a hoot.

I hate to break it to you Mike but from where I'm sitting it's you that's been wigging out. It's been kinda entertaining watching you scramble actually. Der Gropenfurher is actually doing grave damage to the GOP brand that's going to last for generations. :cool:

finnbow
01-07-2017, 07:34 AM

I accepted that the vainglorious manchild would be our next President by the afternoon of the day after the election and have been waiting for him to also accept it and act accordingly. Instead, he continues to act like a dimwitted valley girl who was just admitted to Harvard Medical School by mistake - totally unprepared, but too vain and immature to admit it. I'm amazed how you've twisted yourself in knots defending all the idiocy spewing from his Twitterfinger and piehole.

MrPots
01-07-2017, 08:19 AM
And who to choose to blame when it not!

Barney

Oh, it'll be Obama's fault, some will probably even blame Clinton.

Conservatives have always been really terrible about taking responsibility for their fuck ups, even while they preach taking responsibility for yourself. Look at GWB...to conservatives, it's as if he was never president.

whell
01-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I accepted that the vainglorious manchild would be our next President by the afternoon of the day after the election and have been waiting for him to also accept it and act accordingly. Instead, he continues to act like a dimwitted valley girl who was just admitted to Harvard Medical School by mistake - totally unprepared, but too vain and immature to admit it. I'm amazed how you've twisted yourself in knots defending all the idiocy spewing from his Twitterfinger and piehole.

That's what's so funny about this. I've not "defended" a thing. All I've done is point out where the media - or your - has gotten the facts wrong. Time after time you then jump in, predictably, do one or more of the following:

- defend the media and their factually challenged stories
- attempt to insult me (in your mind, anyway)
- fail to reply with anything substantive or on-topic

But just keep flailing, Finn. It's fun to watch.

whell
01-07-2017, 11:23 AM
I hate to break it to you Mike but from where I'm sitting it's you that's been wigging out. It's been kinda entertaining watching you scramble actually. Der Gropenfurher is actually doing grave damage to the GOP brand that's going to last for generations. :cool:

Unsurprising, but probably indicative that you've either not been paying attention, or simply been replying with your standard "off the shelf" retorts.

What's hilarious is that the guy hasn't even taken office yet and you guys have already determined that he's "damaged the brand". Meanwhile, talking about damaged brands, Obama was in office for 8 years and the Democrat party has been decimated at the national, state and local level. As a bonus, the leading candidate for DNC chair is an noted anti-Semite and big fan of Louie Farrakhan. If I were you, and thought that Trump was a one way ticket to the demise of the GOP, I'd be cheering for him because if you're right he's probably the last, best hope for the Democrats.

finnbow
01-07-2017, 11:24 AM
That's what's so funny about this. I've not "defended" a thing. All I've done is point out where the media - or your - has gotten the facts wrong...

You've defended der Trumpenfuhrer at every turn and every "fake news" story you've posted has ended up being true. You're now in a league with Tom Joad and ZeroJunk, a league from which it is very hard to escape. I think the team hat is made of tinfoil.

https://m.hrc.onl/secretary/05-feed/05-Oct/Tin-Foil-Hat/Tin-foil-Trump-Poster.png

finnbow
01-07-2017, 04:07 PM
A GOP lawmaker says President-elect Donald Trump’s vow to have Mexico pay for a wall on the southern border was a “gimmick.”

“I never thought that would happen,” Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.) told CNN. “I thought it was a gimmick.”

At least there's one smart, honest guy in the GOP House.