PDA

View Full Version : Polls, polls, polls...

bobabode
01-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Poor Donnie just can't win. Sad. :rolleyes:

"As honeymoons go, Donald Trump’s wasn’t much to write home about. He was voted in as the most unpopular president-elect in modern history and got slightly less unpopular in the weeks that followed, as the goodwill flowed. Even then, though, he clearly remained the most unpopular president-elect in modern history. Again, that was the honeymoon.
And now it’s over.
A new poll from Quinnipiac University suggests that Trump has reverted to his pre-election standing, with Americans having major concerns about his temperament and the direction in which his presidency will lead the country. Trump’s continued controversies seem to have put him right back where he was before he won the election.
Quinnipiac is the first high-quality pollster to poll on Trump twice since the election. And while its poll in late November showed his favorable rating rising from 34 percent to 44 percent, that number has dropped back to 37 percent, which is about where it stood for much of the campaign. That’s tied for Trump’s worst favorable rating in a poll since his election. And a majority — 51 percent — now have an unfavorable view of him." WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/10/this-new-poll-has-all-kinds-of-bad-news-for-donald-trump/?utm_term=.4ba2f1c23eac

"As a developer and a reality TV star, Donald Trump seemed to believe there was no such thing as too much publicity.
Already, as president elect, he’s finding that’s not so.
Trump is still a week away from being sworn in as president, but judging by the latest polls, he’s already started to wear out his welcome."

"THE HONEYMOON IS OVER
In the weeks immediately after the election, Trump got a small, but noticeable, boost in polls.
His efforts to prod Carrier Corp. to keep at least some jobs in Indiana got a lot of favorable attention — even if the numbers were less than he claimed. Independent voters, in particular, seemed to like the unifying tone he set with his speech on election night.
Two months on, that glow has worn off, and Trump’s standing with the public has returned to his normal, which is to say widely abnormal for any other newly elected president.
Only 44% of Americans approve of Trump’s transition so far, according to the latest Gallup figures, released Friday. A poll earlier in the week by Quinnipiac University pegged the number even lower — only 37% approved of Trump in that survey.
In either case, Trump stands far below the norm for a new president. In Gallup’s surveys, for example, 68% of Americans approved of Bill Clinton’s transition just before he took office, 61% approved of George W. Bush and a whopping 83% approved of Barack Obama." LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-essential-politics-20170113-story.html

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor lil' Lord Fauntleroy can't catch a break.

What a total sh!tshow we have to look forward to over the next few years.

Pass the popcorn and the Absinthe. :rolleyes:

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 06:08 AM
Trump is not about "Poll" he is about "Power".

http://www.politicalchat.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=344087

BlueStreak
01-14-2017, 06:43 AM

Right...............A tyrant.

bobabode
01-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Why couldn't he keep his yap shut about polls during the campaign then?

Rajoo
01-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Trump is a bully and a coward who hides behind a Twitter wall. At some point he will have to face real audiences and it will be for real, not staged reality.

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Right...............A tyrant.

Wrong!

The post indicates what is available to Trump and the Republican congress--all within the constitution-- at least a span of two years to carry out their agenda.

That has nothing to do with tyranny. Such power is available to any party which has the congress and the presidency.

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Why couldn't he keep his yap shut about polls during the campaign then?

The campaign for that election is over. He won. Regardless of current polls, he and his party have a power edge for at least two years...that is the crux.

MrPots
01-14-2017, 08:54 AM
What a total sh!tshow we have to look forward to over the next few years.

Pass the popcorn and the Absinthe. :rolleyes:

It does make me feel better that I'm in the majority with the disapproval. So 37% love the ass huh?

Absinthe... gotta make it legal first in this puritan nation.

MrPots
01-14-2017, 08:55 AM
The campaign for that election is over. He won. Regardless of current polls he and his party have a power edge for at least two years...that is the crux.

Crux...cricifix.....

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Crux...cricifix.....

Damn!

These Repubs are going to move fast with their rightist agenda. They are not going to play around like Obama when he had the congress.

I believe if my memory serves me right that the Dems have made it easier for them by changing the rules.

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Trump is a bully and a coward who hides behind a Twitter wall. At some point he will have to face real audiences and it will be for real, not staged reality.

The twitter frenzy circumvents/reduces the power of the press to paint him and, or his particular subject matter.

It reduces the response lag and his a direct feed to the public. A great tool.

donquixote99
01-14-2017, 09:39 AM
A great tool.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-14-2015/8wLcTY.gif

A hammer is a great tool. Unless you use it to smash the Samsung....

nailer
01-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Wrong!

The post indicates what is available to Trump and the Republican congress--all within the constitution-- at least a span of two years to carry out their agenda.

That has nothing to do with tyranny. Such power is available to any party which has the congress and the presidency.

Too true.

d-ray657
01-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Damn!

These Repubs are going to move fast with their rightist agenda. They are not going to play around like Obama when he had the congress.

I believe if my memory serves me right that the Dems have made it easier for them by changing the rules.

No the Democrats resisted changing the Rules when the GOP was using phony filibusters to require a majority of 60 votes in the Senate to pass any legislation. I suspect that GOP will show no such restraint. When the Turtle sees a hint at a filibuster he will rush into a rule change.

Dondilion
01-14-2017, 11:10 AM
No the Democrats resisted changing the Rules when the GOP was using phony filibusters to require a majority of 60 votes in the Senate to pass any legislation. I suspect that GOP will show no such restraint. When the Turtle sees a hint at a filibuster he will rush into a rule change.

Thanks! I was not certain.