PDA

View Full Version : Trump and Russia

finnbow
01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
There sure is a lot of news about Trump and Russia/Putin. As the saying goes, "where's there's smoke, there's fire." There sure is a lot of smoke. To wit, here are some relatively new revelations (with many more to come, I'm sure to add to the fire):

- All US intelligence agencies agree that Russia interfered in our election, first to discredit the process and then to help Trump.

- Trump and Obama are briefed on dossier containing allegations that Russia has compromising material on Trump.

- NSA Michael Kelly calls Russia 5 times on the day that Obama levied sanctions against Russia (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN14X1YX)for attempting to influence the election.

- US spies warned their Israeli counterparts that Russia may have “levers of pressure” over Donald Trump (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/us-spies-warned-israel-not-share-intelligence-trump/) and told them to be careful about sharing intelligence with the White House in case it was passed on to the Kremlin, according to Israeli media reports.

- A US counterintelligence task force was established by the CIA in 2016 to investigate possible Russian funding of President-elect Donald Trump's presidential campaign (http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-dossier-claims-cia-2017-1), the BBC reported on Friday.

- Senate Intelligence Committee leaders announced late Friday that they would look into allegations of links between Russia and the 2016 political campaigns (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/13/democrats-accuse-fbi-director-of-stonewalling-on-trump-russia-ties-as-more-call-for-him-to-step-down/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_senate-russia-probe-945pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.9acdf8226c1c) as part of a broader review of the intelligence community’s report on Russian hacking.

- Trump has significant financial ties to Russia. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-financial-ties-to-russia-and-his-unusual-flattery-of-vladimir-putin/2016/06/17/dbdcaac8-31a6-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?utm_term=.fe49807fde31)

- Trump refuses to release tax returns.

There could be innocent explanations for all of this or there could be obfuscation and lies. I'm betting on the latter.

nailer
01-14-2017, 11:20 AM
If anyone has compromising information on Trump it would most certainly be Trump. ;)

finnbow
01-14-2017, 11:22 AM
If anyone has compromising information on Trump it would most certainly be Trump. ;)

I find it hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have compromising information on Trump.

Oerets
01-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Fitting the standard bearer of birther's and fake news is now getting some of his own medicine.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. A lot still to be seen. Treason by some even. Just hope there are more then a few Patriots left in the GOP.

Barney

nailer
01-14-2017, 11:44 AM
I find it hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have compromising information on Trump.

Nice edit and weak reply. :rolleyes:

whell
01-14-2017, 01:36 PM
There sure is a lot of news about Trump and Russia/Putin. As the saying goes, "where's there's smoke, there's fire."

To bad for you and yours that there's no evidence of ANY wrong - doing. But since when has the left ever stopped that from having a thorough investigation. :rolleyes:

bobabode
01-14-2017, 01:48 PM
To bad for you and yours that there's no evidence of ANY wrong - doing. But since when has the left ever stopped that from having a thorough investigation. :rolleyes:

Now you are just being silly, Mike. :rolleyes:

MrPots
01-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Let's face it, Russian invasion troops could be on our shores bearing Trump flags and you'd still deny there was anything "up"

whell
01-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Now you are just being silly, Mike. :rolleyes:

Fine. List the actual evidence, then.

Funny how you're not the least bit concerned about something like this, though. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

CarlV
01-14-2017, 02:22 PM
A softball interview on Rupert's rag.

President-elect Donald Trump says he will keep the latest sanctions on Russia in place "for a period of time" but is open to lifting them if Moscow cooperates on issues of mutual interest. Trump also says he is not committed to a longstanding agreement with China over Taiwan.

His remarks came in an hour-long interview with The Wall Street Journal on Friday.

While several sanctions on Russia were imposed in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea, the latest measures, as well as the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats, were imposed by the Obama administration last month in response to evidence Russia hacked Democratic Party officials during the presidential election.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/01/14/donald-trump-russia-sanctions-vladimir-putin-barack-obama/96581162/
Yeah, sure mac. As if Pootin or China would ever play Trump's little games with him. Could Trump actually be that naive?

Carl

finnbow
01-14-2017, 02:56 PM

The investigations I referenced are by the (GOP-controlled) Senate and the CIA/FBI/NSA. None are these are exactly left-leaning, tovarich.

The sharks are circling on this. Reporters and security agencies all over the world are scrutinizing the Trump - Russia connection. A golden shower is melting the thin ice your pussy-grabber is standing on.:eek:

I suspect you're expecting absolute honesty and transparency from your Trumpenfuhrer.;)

bobabode
01-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Fine. List the actual evidence, then.

Funny how you're not the least bit concerned about something like this, though. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Pfffttt. So the Clinton Foundation took some dough from fat cats to finance their charity. A charity that has a higher rating than even the Red Cross. That has been their business model since day one, take from the well heeled and spend it on poor folk worldwide.
https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/bill-hillary-chelsea-clinton-foundation/478

Schwing and a miss, Mike. :rolleyes:

bobabode
01-14-2017, 03:33 PM
The investigations I referenced are by the (GOP-controlled) Senate and the CIA/FBI/NSA. None are these are exactly left-leaning, tovarich.

The sharks are circling on this. Reporters and security agencies all over the world are scrutinizing the Trump - Russia connection. A golden shower is melting the thin ice your pussy-grabber is standing on.:eek:

I suspect you're expecting absolute honesty and transparency from your Trumpenfuhrer.;)

If I were closer, I'd order one of these burgers. :D

'Would You Eat This ‘Golden Shower’ Burger Inspired By Trump?
“Topped with a very small pickle.” '

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hey-would-you-eat-this-golden-shower-burger-inspired-by-trump_us_5878fd80e4b09281d0ea7aeb

"On Wednesday, Community Restaurant and Lounge in Bethesda, Maryland introduced the Golden Showers burger, co-created by the restaurant’s owner, Mark Bucher, and writer Nevin Martell. The $20 burger ― with $5 of its proceeds going to Planned Parenthood ― quickly went viral.
“Happy ending included! Drenched with self-tanning cheddar and yellow mustard leaking down the sides, and topped with a very small pickle,” Martell wrote in his description of the burger on Instagram. “Comes with a lemon glazed doughnut to provide a memorable happy ending.”
Gee whiz!" HP

Oerets
01-14-2017, 04:09 PM
What is keeping me up at night all the possibilities of a "Wag The Dog" to distract or something even worse!:eek::eek:

Will have the most deadly power available at his beckon call 24/7 and when does this guy sleep?

Every parent's nightmare, a adolescent left in charge of the house!

Barney

whell
01-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Pfffttt. So the Clinton Foundation took some dough from fat cats to finance their charity. A charity that has a higher rating than even the Red Cross. That has been their business model since day one, take from the well heeled and spend it on poor folk worldwide.
https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/bill-hillary-chelsea-clinton-foundation/478

Schwing and a miss, Mike. :rolleyes:

This whole thread is a swing and a miss. Evidence - free zone right here. :rolleyes:

whell
01-14-2017, 05:45 PM

You haven't figured out yet that Repubs and Dems both look at Trump as someone could upset their little apple carts. You're not the only one who has their little undies in a bunch over Trump, zalupa.

finnbow
01-14-2017, 05:48 PM
This whole thread is a swing and a miss. Evidence - free zone right here. :rolleyes:

Every article I linked to in the OP was factual (and there are plenty more about Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Steve Bannon, and Rex Tillerson). This thread is intended to keep a running compendium of all the new revelations that your Trumpenfuhrer is in (a wet, smelly) bed with Putin. I'm sure there will be many more revelations to follow. Stay tuned.

whell
01-14-2017, 05:51 PM
Every article I linked to in the OP was factual (and there are plenty more about Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Steve Bannon, and Rex Tillerson). This thread is intended to keep a running compendium of all the new revelations that your Trumpenfuhrer is in (a wet, smelly) bed with Putin. I'm sure there will be many more revelations to follow. Stay tuned.

You just really need that "Trump - Putin" narrative to help you sleep at night, huh? Poor little man.

finnbow
01-14-2017, 05:54 PM
You just really need that "Trump - Putin" narrative to help you sleep at night, huh? Poor little man.

I admit that it is highly entertaining watching erstwhile conservatives selling out to a former KGB colonel and brutal authoritarian.

icenine
01-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Trump is bringing third-world style corruption to the executive branch of our free Republic.
All Americans of all parties and beliefs should be concerned.

whell
01-14-2017, 06:16 PM
I admit that it is highly entertaining watching erstwhile conservatives selling out to a former KGB colonel and brutal authoritarian.

Gee sorry. Wait, I'll go get my reset button and that'll make it all better.

What you call selling I call refusing to get carried away by your hysterical rants...and laughing at you at the same time.

finnbow
01-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Gee sorry. Wait, I'll go get my reset button and that'll make it all better.

What you call selling I call refusing to get carried away by your hysterical rants...and laughing at you at the same time.

I guess we're here for the same reason then. I enjoy criticizing the myriad idiocies of der Trumpenfuhrer mostly to watch you, the resident Trump apologist, trying to polish that turd. Just as I laugh every time Kellyanne Conway tries to work her magic, you give me a good chuckle when you labor to make a vain-glorious, thin-skinned narcissist look sane and rational.

I'm fully resigned to that clown being President, but will enjoy criticizing him and needling his apologists every step of the way.:p

d-ray657
01-14-2017, 07:17 PM
I guess we're here for the same reason then. I enjoy criticizing the myriad idiocies of der Trumpenfuhrer mostly to watch you, the resident Trump apologist, trying to polish that turd. Just as I laugh every time Kellyanne Conway tries to work her magic, you give me a good chuckle when you labor to make a vain-glorious, thin-skinned narcissist look sane and rational.

I'm fully resigned to that clown being President, but will enjoy criticizing him and needling his apologists every step of the way.:p

Isn't if funny how fully Whell has become submerged in trump's style of "communicating?" Even the slightest criticism of him or of his idol results in a reflexive effort at insulting the offending poster. I guess narcissism is contagious. For Whell's sake, I hope it is not fatal.

whell
01-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Isn't if funny how fully Whell has become submerged in trump's style of "communicating?" Even the slightest criticism of him or of his idol results in a reflexive effort at insulting the offending poster. I guess narcissism is contagious. For Whell's sake, I hope it is not fatal.

Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump. You won't find one. What you call "supporting Trump" is point out the absolute hysteria that exists on the left over Trump. Its hilarious and sad a the same time. You guys have created your own reality full of crap and you choose to swim in it daily.

How you enjoy your swim.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 08:05 AM
Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump. You won't find one. What you call "supporting Trump" is point out the absolute hysteria that exists on the left over Trump. Its hilarious and sad a the same time. You guys have created your own reality full of crap and you choose to swim in it daily.

How you enjoy your swim.

Calm down, Kellyanne.:rolleyes:

MrPots
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump.

I wouldn't admit it either......

whell
01-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Calm down, Kellyanne.:rolleyes:

Whatever you say, Ms. Wasserman Schultz.

Dondilion
01-15-2017, 09:48 AM

Nice one!

I am still laughing.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 10:44 AM

You didn't see me as an reflexive apologist for Hillary, as you have been for your Trumpenfuhrer. In fact, I was one the most vocal critics on this board of her private server. Moreover, I will emphatically state that I didn't vote for her, unlike your attempt at plausible deniability of having voted for Trump.

whell
01-15-2017, 11:52 AM
You didn't see me as an reflexive apologist for Hillary, as you have been for your Trumpenfuhrer. In fact, I was one the most vocal critics on this board of her private server. Moreover, I will emphatically state that I didn't vote for her, unlike your attempt at plausible deniability of having voted for Trump.

Right. You just spout Dem talking points about as frequently as Debbie ever does.

bobabode
01-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Right. You just spout Dem talking points about as frequently as Debbie ever does.

Silly childish nonsense.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 12:29 PM

Yep, like when I spoke out against public sector unions, the Dem's coronation of Hillary prior to the primaries, Hillary's homebrew server and in favor of John Kasich - Democratic talking points all.:rolleyes:

Speaking out against the idiocy of Trump isn't inherently a Democratic talking point. It's stating the obvious in a fashion similar to numerous conservatives who routinely speak out against your Trumpenfuhrer (Kathleen Parker, Jennifer Rubin, Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Evan McMullin, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake ...). Hell, Trump's own designees for State, Defense, CIA and Homeland Security have all criticized Trump's most significant campaign promises in their respective areas, more clearly aligning with Democratic positions in these areas (Russia, Iran weapons deal, NATO, border wall, deportation squads, Muslim bans, torture ...) than with Trump's.

The fact that you uncritically defend/excuse all of his idiocy while claiming your own skepticism of Trump is laughable in the extreme.

d-ray657
01-15-2017, 12:42 PM

How you enjoy your swim.

You are just as honest as your role model too. You claim to not support trump, but you spout his talking points, going so far as to carry the water for his misdirection on the concept of fake news. We are not low information trump voters here. Your BS is readily transparent.

Dondilion
01-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Yep, like when I spoke out against public sector unions, the Dem's coronation of Hillary prior to the primaries, Hillary's homebrew server and in favor of John Kasich - Democratic talking points all.:rolleyes:

Speaking out against the idiocy of Trump isn't inherently a Democratic talking point. It's stating the obvious in fashion similar to a bunch of conservatives who frequently speak out against your Trumpenfuhrer (Kathleen Parker, Jennifer Rubin, Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Evan McMullin, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake ...). Hell, Trump's own designees for State, Defense, CIA and Homeland Security have all criticized Trump's most significant campaign promises in their respective areas, more clearly aligning with Democratic positions in these areas (Russia, Iran weapons deal, NATO, border wall, deportation squads, Muslim bans, torture ...) than with Trump's.

The fact that you uncritically defend/excuse all of his idiocy while claiming your own skepticism of Trump is laughable in the extreme.

I hear you. Thanks for reminding us of some of your positions.

However I think you have a blind spot re Russia. The point I have been trying to state on this site is that Russia is not very important where US is concern.
We have built up Russia to a position more than it deserves.

We have become hysterical.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 01:14 PM
I hear you. Thanks for reminding us of some of your positions.

However I think you have a blind spot re Russia. The point I have been trying to state on this site is that Russia is not very important where US is concern.
We have built up Russia to a position more than it deserves.

We have become hysterical.

Tell that to the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Ukraine and Aleppo. Oh, and don't forget to tell the widows of Messrs. Litvenenko, Berezovsky, Lesin, Perepilichny and Nemtsov (among many others). While you're at it, tell it to Messrs. Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo, all Trump national security designees who don't trust Russia and its international shenanigans.

Other than that, you may have a point.;)

Dondilion
01-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Tell that to the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Ukraine and Aleppo. Oh, and don't forget to tell the widows of Messrs. Litvenenko, Berezovsky, Lesin, Perepilichny and Nemtsov (among many others). While you're at it, tell it Messrs. Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo, all Trump national security designees who don't trust Russia and its international shenanigans.

Other than that, you may have a point.;)

We can deal with all those places and people without the hysteria. Hysteria to the point where we lose focus of what or who is sidelining, beating the US.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 02:29 PM
We can deal with all those places and people without the hysteria. Hysteria to the point where we lose focus of what or who is sidelining, beating the US.

I guess yer boy, Putin, should have thought of that before mucking around in our election, tovarich.;)

BTW, who's hysterical?

Dondilion
01-15-2017, 03:29 PM
I guess yer boy, Putin, should have thought of that before mucking around in our election, tovarich.;)

BTW, who's hysterical?

And that is what surprises me. The seeming outrage from people who hacked Frau Merkel's phone, go to a friendly country and threaten the voters--telling them what position of the line they will be put. I can understand messing with the Israeli election since Bibi openly intervened in ours.

We have a long trail of intervening and changing regimes.

So why are we now so holier than thou.

BTW do you think we were hands off with the Russian elections. :D

Some of us are just pissed because a sure thing went down and the Russians are the most convenient reason for the lost of all the other reasons that were tossed in the air.

The Russian outrage noise is amplified by the old cold warriors and the Soros clique.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 04:15 PM
And that is what surprises me. The seeming outrage from people who hacked Frau Merkel's phone, go to a friendly country and threaten the voters--telling them what position of the line they will be put. I can understand messing with the Israeli election since Bibi openly intervened in ours...

I'm good with a reasoned, systematic and principled partnership with Russia in areas of common interest. I'm not interested, however, in a relationship dictated by Putin due to having compromising material on Trump, to serve Trump's business interests, or to fulfill Trump/Bannon/Flynn dreams of an alt-right utopia. Until Trump releases his taxes and shitcans Bannon and Flynn, I don't trust him to do the right thing in Russia for the right reasons.

icenine
01-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Dondillion is under the impression that Trump and Putin are going to stop Muslim immigration out of the Middle East and terrorism. So whatever they do is ok with him.
Murder, corruption is ok as long as certain types of people are not allowed to enter Western Europe and America.

He is sort of like Maggie Smith in that movie where she plays an English school teacher and tells her pupils that Mussolini is a great man. Of course the movie is set in the 1930s. Goodbye Mr Chips I believe.

finnbow
01-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Dondillion is under the impression that Trump and Putin are going to stop Muslim immigration out of the Middle East and terrorism. So whatever they do is ok with him.
Murder, corruption is ok as long as certain types of people are not allowed to enter Western Europe and America.

He is sort of like Maggie Smith in that movie where she plays an English school teacher and tells her pupils that Mussolini is a great man. Of course the movie is set in the 1930s. Goodbye Mr Chips I believe.

Kinda like my German landlord when I was a kid there in the early '60's. He still liked Hitler because he built the VW and the Autobahn.:eek:

donquixote99
01-15-2017, 05:40 PM
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Same British culture/era....

icenine
01-15-2017, 05:56 PM
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Same British culture/era....

Yes I was too lazy to google lol.

CarlV
03-08-2017, 10:55 PM
swalwell.house.gov
Russia: Trump & His Team’s Ties

Despite Russia’s harmful national interests against the U.S., and its human rights violations around the world, President Trump and his team are directly and indirectly tied to Russia.

Throughout the 2016 presidential election, President Trump not only refused to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, but was even friendly and accommodating in his remarks. In his own words, President Trump called President Putin “highly respected." More recently, President Trump put the U.S. on equal moral footing with Russia when responding to Bill O’Reilly’s question about Putin being a "killer," saying "We've got a lot of killers... you think our country's so innocent?" This is absolutely false moral equivalence, and unheard of for the President of the United States to insult and demean the country he leads.

President Trump has harshly criticized NATO, and exclaimed that only the NATO allies that paid equally to the alliance deserved protection from the United States. Though these remarks were softened by British Prime Minister Theresa May, who claims that President Trump fully supports the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), it's still unclear how supportive he will be of NATO allies like the Baltic states in light of his relationship with Russia.

President Trump has also surrounded himself with people who do business with and are sympathetic to Russia. The New York Times reported that members of Trump’s 2016 campaign and other Trump associates had frequent contact with senior Russian intelligence officials throughout the campaign. In addition to these questionable communications, here are a few other associates with ties to Moscow:

Michael Flynn: Flynn, President Trump’s former National Security Advisor, was asked to resign just weeks after he was sworn in. His resignation came after it leaked that he misled Vice President Mike Pence about his communications with Russian officials, specifically Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, before President Trump’s inauguration. In these communications, Flynn discussed sanctions imposed by the Obama administration on Russia – while President Obama was still in office. Earlier last year, he stated that the U.S. needs to respect that “Russia has its own national security strategy, and we have to try to figure out: How do we combine the United States’ national security strategy along with Russia’s national security strategy,” raising troubling questions. In 2015, Flynn delivered remarks at a Moscow gala honoring RT, Russia’s propaganda arm, where he was seated next to Putin. Flynn was paid for this speech by RT, and did not correctly report the payment, thus concealing payment from a foreign government, and possibly violating the law in the meantime. Flynn continued to appear on RT as a foreign policy analyst.

Jeff Sessions: Sessions, President Trump’s Attorney General, had two conversations with Ambassador Kislyak during the 2016 presidential election. However, during later confirmation hearings, he claimed that he “did not have communications with the Russians” when prompted by Senator Al Franken. Once reports of his meetings with Kislyak surfaced, Sessions recused himself from any investigation into Russia’s interference in our 2016 presidential election. Many officials are continuing to call for his resignation.

Rex Tillerson: Tillerson, President Trump’s Secretary of State, worked on energy projects in Russia for two decades during his career at Exxon. He has publicly described his “very close relationship” with President Putin and was awarded Russia’s Order of Friendship in 2013, the highest state honor possible for a foreigner.

Jared Kushner: Along with Michael Flynn, Kushner met with Ambassador Kislyak during the Presidential transition. Kushner is President Trump’s son-in-law and current Senior Advisor.

Donald Trump, Jr.: Trump, Jr., President Trump’s son, met with Fabien Baussart, a leader of a Syrian opposition group backed by the Russian government, and others about how the U.S. could work with Russia on the Syrian conflict weeks before Donald Trump was elected President. He has also been quoted saying that his father’s businesses “see a lot of money pouring in from Russia”, and that he had visited Russia on business over a half-dozen times.

Paul Manafort: Manafort, who has business connections to Russia and Ukraine, was hired as Trump’s campaign manager in March 2016. He then resigned in August of the same year, after reports surfaced that suggested he had received $12.7 million from Victor Yanukovych, Ukraine’s pro-Russia former president.

Carter Page: Page, hired as a foreign policy advisor to Trump’s 2016 campaign, was known to have deep ties to Gazprom, Russia’s state-owned gas company. In a speech delivered in Moscow in July 2016, he criticized American foreign policy as being hypocritical – remarks which ultimately led to his resignation from Trump’s campaign. Before joining the campaign, he was a businessman “of no particular renown” working in the Moscow branch of Merrill Lynch before creating his own consulting agency. Previously, Trump identified Page as one of a small group of advisors helping to craft his foreign policy platform during the campaign. However, President Trump’s staff now claims that “Carter Page is an individual who the [then] president-elect does not know.”

Tevfik Arif: Arif, who founded Bayrock, a real estate group known to have many deals with Trump, had a 17-year career in the Soviet Ministry of Commerce and Trade.

Roger Stone: Stone, a former advisor to Trump, had back channel conversations with Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, which is the organization that published the DNC leaks and Podesta emails during the 2016 elections.

Felix Sater: Sater, formerly a senior advisor to the Trump Organization, is a Russian-born Bayrock associate with extensive involvement in organized crime.

Alex Shnaider: Born in Russia, Shnaider co-financed a real estate project with Trump. Shnaider’s father-in-law, Boris J. Birshtein, was a close business associate of Sergei Mikhaylov, the head of one of the largest branches of the Russian mob.

In addition to these ties, it appears that Trump and his team are conscious of their guilt. In late February 2017, CNN reported that “the FBI rejected a recent White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump's associates and Russians known to US intelligence during the 2016 presidential campaign.” This request may be a violation of procedures that limits communications between the White House and FBI on pending investigations.

Why is America’s leader and his team so close to Russia? This is either due to poor judgement or a deeper personal, financial, or political link between President Trump and Russia. It is not normal for the leader of our country to be so extensively tied to a foreign government that has sought to undermine democracies across the globe, and connections like these should be concerning to American citizens everywhere.

Lots more (https://swalwell.house.gov/issues/russia-trump-his-administration-s-ties)

Dondilion
03-09-2017, 06:27 AM
And in reality what this amounts to?

For instance--Do the Russians plan to take over some important American trade in a corner of the world?

finnbow
03-09-2017, 06:30 AM

For instance--The Russians plan to take over some important American trade in a corner of the world?

Nope, Russia wants to discredit our country and other liberal democracies. It seems that Trump & Co. are either willing accomplices or useful idiots.

CarlV
03-09-2017, 10:03 AM

For instance--Do the Russians plan to take over some important American trade in a corner of the world?

Maybe email Rep Swalwell if you can't find it in all his committee material that is on his website that I linked to. :)

Carl

nailer
03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Nope, Russia wants to discredit our country and other liberal democracies. It seems that Trump & Co. are either willing accomplices or useful idiots.

And the liberal democracy west wants to discredit the Russians' country. That game's been going on since 1917 and it's being played by the Deep Establishment.

nailer
03-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Think of The Donald as Pinky and Putin as The Brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ

donquixote99
03-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Russiagate body count? 8 reported here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ukranian-businesman-russia-and-donald-trump-dies-michael-cohen-michael-flynn-donald-trump-vladimir-a7612866.html

Bad year for Russian diplomats.

CarlV
03-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Russiagate body count? 8 reported here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ukranian-businesman-russia-and-donald-trump-dies-michael-cohen-michael-flynn-donald-trump-vladimir-a7612866.html

Bad year for Russian diplomats.

Some interesting articles on that website. Like this one. :p
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/richard-nixon-lawyer-john-dean-donald-trump-russia-jeff-sessions-cover-up-watergate-scandal-a7607026.html

whell
03-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Interesting to see your busy little lefty imaginations still running wild over the "Russia thing". Try this:

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told ABC News he did not see anything to suggest that Russia successfully infiltrated Donald Trump’s presidential campaign or recruited any of Trump’s advisers – at least as of Jan. 20, when the retired three-star general left office.

"There was no evidence whatsoever, at the time, of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians," Clapper, a career intelligence officer, told ABC News' Brian Ross in an interview Monday for "World News Tonight."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-spy-chief-evidence-trump-campaign-aides-recruited/story?id=46013305

donquixote99
03-09-2017, 12:21 PM
So Sessions lied under oath to cover up...

...nothing?

finnbow
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Interesting to see your busy little lefty imaginations still running wild over the "Russia thing". Try this:

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told ABC News he did not see anything to suggest that Russia successfully infiltrated Donald Trump’s presidential campaign or recruited any of Trump’s advisers – at least as of Jan. 20, when the retired three-star general left office.

"There was no evidence whatsoever, at the time, of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians," Clapper, a career intelligence officer, told ABC News' Brian Ross in an interview Monday for "World News Tonight."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-spy-chief-evidence-trump-campaign-aides-recruited/story?id=46013305

You realize that this is the same guy who asserted that Putin interfered with our election with the intent of helping Trump, something you dismissed at the time as fake news. Why aren't you dismissing this as fake news?

icenine
03-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Does Tillerson have a deputy yet?
Is the sub-Cabinet State department properly staffed yet?
Is a disabled State Department beneficial to Putin?
Is Trump purposely doing this for Putin?

icenine
03-09-2017, 01:29 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-gutting-state-department-562960

Is Trump doing this for the Russians?

I mean the State Department is an important counterbalance to countries and actors like Russia and Putin.

merrylander
03-10-2017, 06:02 AM

After Darryl Issa you can actually make such a ridiculous statement as that Mike. Wonders will never cease.:p

MrPots
03-10-2017, 10:10 AM

The funny thing is, substitute Obama administration for Trump administration and there would already be two dozen investigations and an impeachment underway. Republicans are the ultimate hypocrites.

finnbow
03-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Roger Stone, President Trump’s former campaign advisor, engaged privately last year with a persona involved in hacking the Democratic National Committee, he told The Washington Times Friday, but insisted the conversations were “completely innocuous.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/10/roger-stone-trump-confidant-acknowledges-innocuous/

And this comes from a right-wing Trump loving paper. Drip, drip, drip.

bobabode
03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Roger Stone, President Trump’s former campaign advisor, engaged privately last year with a persona involved in hacking the Democratic National Committee, he told The Washington Times Friday, but insisted the conversations were “completely innocuous.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/10/roger-stone-trump-confidant-acknowledges-innocuous/

And this comes from a right-wing Trump loving paper. Drip, drip, drip.

Funny how that lunatic feigns forgetfulness. How convenient. :rolleyes: