PDA

View Full Version : Bart Stupak not seeking reelection ...

finnbow
04-09-2010, 02:37 PM
... and the Tea Party claims credit.

"The surprising announcement that Congressman Bart Stupak is abandoning his campaign for re-election shows the power of the tea party movement. Stupak was not longer able to hide his betrayal of conservative principles because the tea party movement was determined to educate the voters in his district of his vote of betrayal for Obamacare".

I'm not exactly sure what to think or say about this having never even heard of him before the health care debate.

Charles
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM

"The surprising announcement that Congressman Bart Stupak is abandoning his campaign for re-election shows the power of the tea party movement. Stupak was not longer able to hide his betrayal of conservative principles because the tea party movement was determined to educate the voters in his district of his vote of betrayal for Obamacare".

I'm not exactly sure what to think or say about this having never even heard of him before the health care debate.

I'd never heard of him either.

The TEA Party tooting their own horn aside, either the man has had a belly full of politics or his numbers really stink. Perhaps both.

Chas

Grumpy
04-09-2010, 06:10 PM

He represented the yupers.

Charles
04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
He represented the yupers.

What's a yuper? Either a new one on me, or I'm slow on the uptake.

And while I'm being nosy, how's the E-Cig thing working?

Chas

finnbow
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
What's a yuper? Either a new one on me, or I'm slow on the uptake.

Upper peninsula of Michigan, methinks.

djv8ga
04-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I wonder when the President will issue that E.O.?

finnbow
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
He issued it (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/32036/) immediately after the House vote.

djv8ga
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
He issued it (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/32036/) immediately after the House vote.
Thanks. I never heard anything about it.

BlueStreak
04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
What, no insults to hurl?

BTW, I'm glad to see he did issue that E.O., even if it was done to buy votes for the Health bill. As (some of) you may recall, I do take more of a conservative view on abortion.

Dave

merrylander
04-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Considered opinion is the Stupak could have won handily, he got 57% or better every time. Apparently his district is so large it takes almost eight hours to go from end to end. He was reported to be one who actively covered his district and that did not leave much time for family. Having been a road warrior in my 60s I can sympathize, it gets old quickly.

Twodogs
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Stupek let a lot of folks down, and like those who will be paying for these insane entitlements programs, many of them haven't even been born yet.:(

djv8ga
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
What, no insults to hurl?

BTW, I'm glad to see he did issue that E.O., even if it was done to buy votes for the Health bill. As (some of) you may recall, I do take more of a conservative view on abortion.

Dave
He did what he said he would do. I didn't see it reported by the networks. No reason to insult anyone.