PDA

View Full Version : Der Trumpolini and the ACLU

bobabode
01-28-2017, 03:44 PM
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/aclu-and-other-groups-challenge-trump-immigration-ban-after-refugees-detained

Looks like Il Douche stuck his man boob in the wringer with this Muslim ban.

Think I'll send a few extra bucks to the good folks over at the ACLU to help out.

https://action.aclu.org/donate-aclu?ms=web_horiz_nav_hp

bobabode
01-28-2017, 03:52 PM
'Countries where Trump does business are not hit by new travel restrictions' WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/countries-where-trump-does-business-are-not-hit-by-new-travel-restrictions/2017/01/28/dd40535a-e56b-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_conflicts-342pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.8c6a734d5a88

Coincidence? :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
01-28-2017, 07:13 PM
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/aclu-and-other-groups-challenge-trump-immigration-ban-after-refugees-detained

Think I'll send a few extra bucks to the good folks over at the ACLU to help out.

I've been a card carrying member for about ten years now. I usually donate about $100/year. There are times I scratch my head at some of the causes they take up. But, few other organizations defend the constitution as fairly as they do. They're not a one trick pony like so many other organizations such as the gun lobby, gay rights, etc., etc.......... Those organizations have their place, but the ACLU will represent anyone with a constitutional beef.

BlueStreak
01-28-2017, 07:14 PM
'Countries where Trump does business are not hit by new travel restrictions' WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/countries-where-trump-does-business-are-not-hit-by-new-travel-restrictions/2017/01/28/dd40535a-e56b-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_conflicts-342pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.8c6a734d5a88

Coincidence? :rolleyes:

No, he's a crooked son of a bitch. Plain and simple. Always has been.

BlueStreak
01-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Oh........You're so eloquent, Bob. ".....Il Douche stuck his man boob in the wringer.......". LOL! Bravo, old boy!

JBS...
01-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Please protest, Pretty please.

bobabode
01-28-2017, 08:28 PM
"The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has issued an emergency stay halting President Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday night.
The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Friday after Trump's ban." The Hill

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316714-federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Oval Office this evening. ;)

finnbow
01-28-2017, 08:55 PM
"The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has issued an emergency stay halting President Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday night.
The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Friday after Trump's ban." The Hill

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316714-federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Oval Office this evening. ;)

Also, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema issued a temporary restraining order to block the removal of any green card holders being detained at Dulles International Airport for seven days. Brinkema’s action also ordered that lawyers have access to those held there because of the president’s ban.

The Sunday morning talkies should be entertaining tomorrow morning. They're sure to provide plenty more fodder demonstrating the idiocy and incompetence of der Trumpenfuhrer.

bobabode
01-28-2017, 09:29 PM

People already are, Jim.

bobabode
01-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Also, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema issued a temporary restraining order to block the removal of any green card holders being detained at Dulles International Airport for seven days. Brinkema’s action also ordered that lawyers have access to those held there because of the president’s ban.

The Sunday morning talkies should be entertaining tomorrow morning. They're sure to provide plenty more fodder demonstrating the idiocy and incompetence of der Trumpenfuhrer.

You betcha. I wonder if these wet behind the ears morons are even having the DoJ look at these ill-conceived executive orders before they enact them?

finnbow
01-28-2017, 10:05 PM
You betcha. I wonder if these wet behind the ears morons are even having the DoJ look at these ill-conceived executive orders before they enact them?

I think Steve Bannon wrote those EO's while in the throes of an ether binge.:cool:

bobabode
01-28-2017, 10:29 PM
I think Steve Bannon wrote those EO's while in the throes of an ether binge.:cool:

Trump's very own Rasputin...;)

Rajoo
01-28-2017, 10:35 PM
I think the intent is to satisfy his rabid followers. If the DOJ stops his unconstitutional EO's, he will probably blame them on "Obama's" judges and they will cheer him even louder. So it's a win win for Trump.

donquixote99
01-28-2017, 10:42 PM

Fuck no.

donquixote99
01-28-2017, 10:55 PM
I think the intent is to satisfy his rabid followers. If the DOJ stops his unconstitutional EO's, he will probably blame them on "Obama's" judges and they will cheer him even louder. So it's a win win for Trump.

If Trump wasn't Trump, you'd be right. But the Donald is really going to hate His Executive Order being blocked. He's going to be gunning for a federal judge, and he'll be twice as pissed when it is explained that you can't fire a federal judge.

Just hope he doesn't try real guns.

bobabode
01-28-2017, 11:50 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Statue_of_Liberty_7.jpg/500px-Statue_of_Liberty_7.jpg

"The New Colossus" By Emma Lazurus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is who we are, scared little Trumpkins. :mad:

hillbilly
01-29-2017, 01:28 AM

Bob, I'm not sure I'd spend to much money right now. I'd save it just in case California secedes and raises taxes through the roof to take care of the influx of illegals and other people's problems that migrate there. It's all I've heard for days now.. California wants to secede. I can't believe it after hearing the hissy fit California threw when Texas talked about ceceding a while back.

Seriously though, what's going on in California? It's big conversation lately but I don't know anyone personally that lives there to get a straight answer out of. I pay no real attention to the tv news anymore

Dondilion
01-29-2017, 05:37 AM

Demonstrations at the major airports, but the optics favor trump.

His hinterland supporters will be pleased.

donquixote99
01-29-2017, 08:20 AM
This one fits in here. From before the election, but very relevant now:

Sic Semper Tyrannis

https://youtu.be/CZVtZlmotyw

bobabode
01-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Bob, I'm not sure I'd spend to much money right now. I'd save it just in case California secedes and raises taxes through the roof to take care of the influx of illegals and other people's problems that migrate there. It's all I've heard for days now.. California wants to secede. I can't believe it after hearing the hissy fit California threw when Texas talked about ceceding a while back.

Seriously though, what's going on in California? It's big conversation lately but I don't know anyone personally that lives there to get a straight answer out of. I pay no real attention to the tv news anymore

Some group is gathering signatures but it'll go nowhere even if it gets on the ballot, brother Dave. We wouldn't abandon all those moocher red states that we prop up with our dirty hippie tax dollars. ;) We get back only .78 cents on every dollar we send to Washington plus where would y'all get groceries from if Der Trumpenfurher builds his shitty wall on the Mexico border. (grin)

Pio1980
01-29-2017, 09:17 AM
If we applied the same standards to "extreme vetting" that voters applied to the election of the narcissistic sociopath presently in the WH, Abu al Bagdadi could be secretary of state.

Tom Joad
01-29-2017, 09:40 AM

So what?

I was never in favor of the Muslim ban. I'm fine with Trump losing this one. The question is where are the Democrats going to be when Trump tries to get the good parts of his agenda passed? Like his trade policies, or letting Medicare negotiate drug prices? My guess is they'll be fighting those tooth and nail too, such is their hatred for all things Trump.

finnbow
01-29-2017, 09:44 AM
So what?

I was never in favor of the Muslim ban. I'm fine with Trump losing this one. The question is where are the Democrats going to be when Trump tries to get the good parts of his agenda passed? Like his trade policies, or letting Medicare negotiate drug prices? My guess is they'll be fighting those tooth and nail too, such is their hatred for all things Trump.

The fight against those items will be largely conducted by conservatives in Congress.

Pio1980
01-29-2017, 09:47 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davidhalperin/king-donald-get-used-to-l_b_14468314.html

ZeroJunk
01-29-2017, 09:48 AM
DHS is enforcing Trump's EO despite the court ruling.

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 09:54 AM

The ACLU doesn't do much protesting. They pursue legal action against un-American tyrants who show a disdain for the United States Constitution.......like your Fuehrer and his Fourth Reich.

Oh, and I thought the Kochs were now bad guys, since they spoke out against Il Douche'?

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 10:00 AM
So what?

The fight against those items will be largely conducted by conservatives in Congress.

If Democrats oppose those things, I would say it's simply because it's a Republican that's pushing them. Which I would also say is foolish in the case of Medicare negotiating drug prices. The trade policies I'm not so sure should be supported because I believe they will drive inflation to unacceptably high levels. That is why I believe Finn is right. Conservatives will likely oppose all but the Muslim ban. Unless, of course they choose to support them purely out of partisanship.

(See, I am not a total lefty.......LOL!)

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 10:05 AM

Good Brownshirts follow orders. Seig Heil! :rolleyes:

donquixote99
01-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Good Brownshirts follow orders. Seig Heil! :rolleyes:

Yep. Long as the troops are loyal, he can tell a federal judge to pound sand.

So much for that oath. You know, the one where he swore to "Preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the united States?" Nine whole days ago?

Does seem like a long time. Always remember, the USA was a democracy once. Until Jan 20, 2017.

But John Adams famously said "There has yet to be a democracy that didn't committ suicide." Funny, it always used to be conservatives that went around quoting that one.

donquixote99
01-29-2017, 10:29 AM
The courts could start finding Trump in contempt over things like this. There's no way they could enforce such orders directly, they couldn't send federal marshals to arrest Trump, but contempt citations would make good grounds for impeachment if Congress ever became so inclined.

Of course, with loyal troops Trump could tell Congress to pound sand too.

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 10:32 AM
But John Adams famously said "There has yet to be a democracy that didn't committ suicide." Funny, it always used to be conservatives that went around quoting that one.

Yes, but what Adams had in mind and what those "Conservatives" had in mind were two different things. Adams believed that uneducated, easily led people would elect strong-man tyrants, thus destroying Democracy. He was right.

Modern Conservatives think he was talking about food stamps. Because they are always obsessed with food stamps as the perceived "agent of destruction" that's "ruining America". That and wages that people can actually live on.:rolleyes:

donquixote99
01-29-2017, 10:40 AM
^^^ got it right I'd say

Rajoo
01-29-2017, 10:58 AM

Where? You have any reports of this? Here is what I have read.
On Sunday morning, the Department of Homeland Security said it would comply with the rulings while it continued to enforce all of the president’s executive orders. “Prohibited travel will remain prohibited,” it said in a statement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/trump-refugee-ban-muslim-executive-order.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Tom Joad
01-29-2017, 11:29 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316716-aclu-celebrates-victory-i-hope-trump-enjoys-losing

“I hope Trump enjoys losing. He’s going to lose so much we’re going to get sick and tired of his losing,” ACLU national political director Faiz Shakir told Yahoo News shortly after the decision was announced.

Faiz should have just taken his win and STFU.

But no, he let his smart mouth overload his ass and now he's on Trump's shit list.

Payback is going to be Hell for this fucker.

And by the way, wot in the hail kinda name is Faiz Shakir?

That ain't no 'Murican name.

finnbow
01-29-2017, 12:04 PM
The table below illustrates the problem that Trump is trying to solve (i.e., there is no problem).

https://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/images/pubs/pa_798_table_1.jpg

Not a single one of those murders were committed by people from the 7 banned countries and nearly all were committed by citizens of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE (which aren't included in his ban).

https://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/terrorism-immigration-risk-analysis

What a bunch of feckin' clowns.

MrPots
01-29-2017, 12:13 PM
There is a perfectly logical reason he didn't ban people from the KSA, Egypt and UAE, he's got business interests in them all. Way to put america first trump. :mad:

I guess he's not really interested in stopping terrorist from entering the country. In fact it looks more like he just want to keep the poor people out.

Unsurprising considering how selfish the american people have become. We definitely cannot share......

Rajoo
01-29-2017, 12:28 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316716-aclu-celebrates-victory-i-hope-trump-enjoys-losing

Faiz should have just taken his win and STFU.

But no, he let his smart mouth overload his ass and now he's on Trump's shit list.

Payback is going to be Hell for this fucker.

And by the way, wot in the hail kinda name is Faiz Shakir?

That ain't no 'Murican name.

Neither is yours unless you change it to Tom Talkingshit. :D

To answer your question, it's not Christian, Hindu or Budhist. ;)

I do agree that with a name like that, he should let this play out in courts. No need to antagonize Herr Trump when a whole lot of Muslims have been detained at the airports.

Rajoo
01-29-2017, 12:29 PM
There is a perfectly logical reason he didn't ban people from the KSA, Egypt and UAE, he's got business interests in them all. Way to put america first trump. :mad:

I guess he's not really interested in stopping terrorist from entering the country. In fact it looks more like he just want to keep the poor people out.

Unsurprising considering how selfish the american people have become. We definitely cannot share......

I have a strong feeling that he has a lot of investors from SA and UAE. But then Bush gave SA a pass after 9/11 and went after Saddam.

MrPots
01-29-2017, 12:33 PM
I read now that customs agents are checking Facebook posts and phone records of those coming into the country.

Everybody should probably scrub their social media of anything critical of Trump, his administration or American post 1/20/17. Ya never know what kind of van might show up in the middle of the night.

MrPots
01-29-2017, 12:35 PM
I have a strong feeling that he has a lot of investors from SA and UAE. But then Bush gave SA a pass after 9/11 and went after Saddam.

The Bush family is personal good friends with the Bin Laden family. Business partners for decades. That's why he abandoned his hunt for bin laden, his family ties were stronger than his concern for america. (like any good republican)

bobabode
01-29-2017, 12:41 PM
"Nine hundred thirty-seven.

That was the number of passengers aboard the SS St. Louis, a German ocean liner that set off from Hamburg on May 13, 1939. Almost all of those sailing were Jewish people, desperate to escape the Third Reich. The destination was Havana, more than two weeks away by ship.

So begins a haunting tale, one that would end tragically for hundreds of those on board — so much so that, decades later, it would be the basis for the movie “Voyage of the Damned.”

Before the St. Louis even left Hamburg, there were indications the passengers might have problems disembarking in Cuba. The ship’s owners knew many travelers were likely holding invalidated landing certificates, according to research by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Thousands of miles away, anti-Semitic protests and editorials were cropping up all over Cuba.

“Many Cubans resented the relatively large number of refugees (including 2,500 Jews), whom the government had already admitted into the country, because they appeared to be competitors for scarce jobs,” the museum noted. “Hostility toward immigrants fueled both antisemitism and xenophobia. Both agents of Nazi Germany and indigenous right-wing movements hyped the immigrant issue in their publications and demonstrations, claiming that incoming Jews were Communists.”

Still, the inhospitable circumstances awaiting them paled in comparison to what the passengers wanted to flee in Europe, and so the ship set sail. When the St. Louis arrived in Havana two weeks later, only 29 passengers were allowed into the country. The other 907 were ordered to remain on the ship. (One person had died en route of natural causes.)

As futile negotiations with the Cuban government ensued, the would-be asylum-seekers redirected their pleas to the American government. They would be in vain.

“Sailing so close to Florida that they could see the lights of Miami, some passengers on the St. Louis cabled President Franklin D. Roosevelt asking for refuge,” the Holocaust museum noted. “Roosevelt never responded.”

A State Department telegram stated, simply, that passengers must “await their turns on the waiting list and qualify for and obtain immigration visas before they may be admissible into the United States.”

Finally, the St. Louis returned to Europe. After more than a month at sea, the passengers disembarked in Antwerp, Belgium, where they were divided between four countries that had agreed to take them: Great Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium and France.

By the end of the Holocaust, 254 of them would be dead.

Nearly eight decades after its doomed voyage, some drew parallels between the U.S. government’s dismissal of the St. Louis and the possible consequences of President Trump’s executive order temporarily banning immigration.

Trump on Friday signed orders not only to suspend admission of all refugees into the United States for 120 days but also to implement “new vetting measures” to screen out “radical Islamic terrorists.” Refugee entry from Syria, however, is suspended indefinitely, and all travel from Syria and six other nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen — are suspended for 90 days. Trump also said he would give priority to Christian refugees over those of other religions.

Earlier that same day, one by one, testimonials from the passengers that had been aboard the St. Louis — and who afterward died at the hands of the Nazis — began appearing on the Twitter account “St. Louis Manifest” (@Stl_Manifest)." WP

continued at -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/29/a-ship-full-of-refugees-fleeing-the-nazis-once-begged-the-u-s-for-entry-they-were-turned-back/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_pn-refugeeship-1155am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ff7f5fd91c86

Never again. :(

Pio1980
01-29-2017, 01:10 PM

That was the number of passengers aboard the SS St. Louis, a German ocean liner that set off from Hamburg on May 13, 1939. Almost all of those sailing were Jewish people, desperate to escape the Third Reich. The destination was Havana, more than two weeks away by ship.

So begins a haunting tale, one that would end tragically for hundreds of those on board — so much so that, decades later, it would be the basis for the movie “Voyage of the Damned.”

Before the St. Louis even left Hamburg, there were indications the passengers might have problems disembarking in Cuba. The ship’s owners knew many travelers were likely holding invalidated landing certificates, according to research by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Thousands of miles away, anti-Semitic protests and editorials were cropping up all over Cuba.

“Many Cubans resented the relatively large number of refugees (including 2,500 Jews), whom the government had already admitted into the country, because they appeared to be competitors for scarce jobs,” the museum noted. “Hostility toward immigrants fueled both antisemitism and xenophobia. Both agents of Nazi Germany and indigenous right-wing movements hyped the immigrant issue in their publications and demonstrations, claiming that incoming Jews were Communists.”

Still, the inhospitable circumstances awaiting them paled in comparison to what the passengers wanted to flee in Europe, and so the ship set sail. When the St. Louis arrived in Havana two weeks later, only 29 passengers were allowed into the country. The other 907 were ordered to remain on the ship. (One person had died en route of natural causes.)

As futile negotiations with the Cuban government ensued, the would-be asylum-seekers redirected their pleas to the American government. They would be in vain.

“Sailing so close to Florida that they could see the lights of Miami, some passengers on the St. Louis cabled President Franklin D. Roosevelt asking for refuge,” the Holocaust museum noted. “Roosevelt never responded.”

A State Department telegram stated, simply, that passengers must “await their turns on the waiting list and qualify for and obtain immigration visas before they may be admissible into the United States.”

Finally, the St. Louis returned to Europe. After more than a month at sea, the passengers disembarked in Antwerp, Belgium, where they were divided between four countries that had agreed to take them: Great Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium and France.

Nearly eight decades after its doomed voyage, some drew parallels between the U.S. government’s dismissal of the St. Louis and the possible consequences of President Trump’s executive order temporarily banning immigration.

Trump on Friday signed orders not only to suspend admission of all refugees into the United States for 120 days but also to implement “new vetting measures” to screen out “radical Islamic terrorists.” Refugee entry from Syria, however, is suspended indefinitely, and all travel from Syria and six other nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen — are suspended for 90 days. Trump also said he would give priority to Christian refugees over those of other religions.

Earlier that same day, one by one, testimonials from the passengers that had been aboard the St. Louis — and who afterward died at the hands of the Nazis — began appearing on the Twitter account “St. Louis Manifest” (@Stl_Manifest)." WP

continued at -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/29/a-ship-full-of-refugees-fleeing-the-nazis-once-begged-the-u-s-for-entry-they-were-turned-back/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_pn-refugeeship-1155am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ff7f5fd91c86

Thnx for the ref and the reminder!

bobabode
01-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Thnx for the ref and the reminder!

You're welcome. Haunting stuff that.

Rajoo
01-29-2017, 01:24 PM

So begins a haunting tale, one that would end tragically for hundreds of those on board — so much so that, decades later, it would be the basis for the movie “Voyage of the Damned.”.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Thank you for the touching post Bob and is a reminder as how fortunate I am.

bobabode
01-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Thank you for the touching post Bob and is a reminder as how fortunate I am.

You're welcome, Raj. This country was, is and continues to be built by immigrants. Our greatest resource is it's people, no matter their country of origin. Present occupant of the Oval Office excepted, of course. We could've done without his draft dodging alleged pimp of a grandfather. ;)

bobabode
01-29-2017, 02:17 PM
"Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani schoolgirl who survived being shot in the head by the Taliban and went on to become an internationally-known advocate for girls' education and children's rights, said she is “heartbroken” over President Trump's executive order temporarily banning refugees from entering the United States.

“I am heartbroken that today President Trump is closing the door on children, mothers and fathers fleeing violence and war,” Malala said in a statement Friday through her nonprofit organization, the Malala Fund. “I am heartbroken that America is turning its back on a proud history of welcoming refugees and immigrants — the people who helped build your country, ready to work hard in exchange for a fair chance at a new life.”

Trump on Friday signed orders not only to suspend admission of all refugees into the United States for 120 days but also to implement “new vetting measures” to screen out “radical Islamic terrorists.” Refugee entry from Syria, however, would be suspended indefinitely, and all travel from Syria and six other nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen — are suspended for 90 days. Trump also said he would give priority to Christian refugees over those of other religions." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/28/i-am-heartbroken-malala-criticizes-trump-for-closing-the-door-on-children-fleeing-violence/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.72c8aea4a7f3

Blessings to you, Malala.

bobabode
01-29-2017, 03:18 PM
I'll give Trump this much after seeing all the protests springing up across the country.

He sure knows how to unite people - against Trump and against bigotry. ;)

Tom Joad
01-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Neither is yours unless you change it to Tom Talkingshit. :D

That's my Native American name!

How did you get that!?:mad:

Dondilion
01-29-2017, 05:39 PM
That's my Native American name!

How did you get that!?:mad:

You never fail. :D

ZeroJunk
01-29-2017, 07:18 PM

continued at -

Yep. And, a few of them were going to blow up the World Trade Center.

finnbow
01-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Yep. And, a few of them were going to blow up the World Trade Center.

None of the 9/11 terrorists came from any of Trump's banned seven countries. OTOH, nearly all came from Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of radical Sunni extremism that Trump didn't put on his list (and where he happens to have business interests). His actions were meant to impress the rubes while not fucking with his business interests. You seem impressed.

bobabode
01-29-2017, 08:01 PM
"Jihadist groups on Sunday celebrated the Trump administration’s ban on travel from seven Muslim-majority countries, saying the new policy validates their claim that the United States is at war with Islam.
Comments posted to pro-Islamic State social media accounts predicted that President Trump’s executive order would persuade American Muslims to side with the extremists. One posting hailed the U.S. president as “the best caller to Islam,” while others predicted that Trump would soon launch a new war in the Middle East.
“[Islamic State leader Abu Bakr] al-Baghdadi has the right to come out and inform Trump that banning Muslims from entering America is a ‘blessed ban,’” said one posting to a pro-Islamic State channel on Telegram, a social-media platform. The writer compared the executive order to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, which Islamic militant leaders at the time hailed as a “blessed invasion” that ignited anti-Western fervor across the Islamic world." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/jihadist-groups-hail-trumps-travel-ban-as-a-victory/2017/01/29/50908986-e66d-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?postshare=9121485733446720&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.c79ea54c2b18

Who could've predicted this? Anyone with more than three neurons to rub together, I expect.

donquixote99
01-29-2017, 08:12 PM
If anyone doubts that the USA is now at war with Islam, they just have to listen to the guy who is now National Security Advisor.

https://youtu.be/fzh9b_vo4vs

Trumps war will be huge. Probably the biggest ever.

finnbow
01-29-2017, 08:39 PM
The White House screened the film “Finding Dory” on Sunday afternoon, as hundreds gathered outside to protest his immigration ban.

President Trump's White House screened the Disney Pixar film for staff and family in the afternoon amid massive backlash against his executive order prohibiting foreign nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316770-trump-screens-finding-dory-as-hundreds-protest-immigration-ban

WTF???

ZeroJunk
01-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Fuck Islam and any other religion as far as that goes. It's the 21 st century and people are still believing fairy tales from sitting around a fire in a cave somewhere.

Which wouldn't be so bad , but they kill each other over that bullshit.
Talk about sad.

Pio1980
01-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Fuck Islam and any other religion as far as that goes. It's the 21 st century and people are still believing fairy tales from sitting around a fire in a cave somewhere.

Talk about sad.

But "their" stuff is mystical bullshit, OUR stuff is the Word of God!

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 09:39 PM
None of the 9/11 terrorists came from any of Trump's banned seven countries. OTOH, nearly all came from Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of radical Sunni extremism that Trump didn't put on his list (and where he happens to have business interests). His actions were meant to impress the rubes while not fucking with his business interests. You seem impressed.

Exactly right and precisely why a sitting POTUS is supposed to divest himself of all business interests.

It invites corruption.

BlueStreak
01-29-2017, 09:42 PM

Talk about sad.

But "their" stuff is mystical bullshit, OUR stuff is the Word of God!

Yeah and some of these deluded idiots ride into public office by waiving around their religious credentials in the Bible Belt.........

Gee, I wonder who THAT could be?:rolleyes:

finnbow
01-29-2017, 09:44 PM
After top Republican lawmakers harshly criticized President Donald Trump's executive order temporarily barring people from seven Muslim-majority nations from entering the US, he fired back on Sunday in an official statement and in more candid words on Twitter.

Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina released a joint statement on Sunday calling the ban "a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism." They were just two of the more prominent lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who have come out against Trump's order, which sparked widespread protests across the nation.

The president called out McCain and Graham specifically in two tweets Sunday evening, accusing the veteran senators of "looking to start World War III."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/29/trump-defends-immigration-ban-in-fiery-statement-says-gop-senat/21702708/

Let the bloodletting begin.:eek:

finnbow
01-30-2017, 07:40 AM
“I’m a Leninist,” Steve Bannon told a writer for The Daily Beast, in late 2013. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/steve-bannon-will-lead-trumps-white-house

And to think that this guy is the top advisor to a Republican President. Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

MrPots
01-30-2017, 07:58 AM
“I’m a Leninist,” Steve Bannon told a writer for The Daily Beast, in late 2013. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.

What a selfish hateful little man he is, determined to bring down the state no matter who suffers. The state may not be working perfectly but apparently it's working pretty good for him, so what he wants to do is mess it up for everyone else.

So, what's he going to replace it with? Or is this like the republican health care plan, destroy it and worry about replacing it later?

donquixote99
01-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Fascinating. After him, of course, we get Stalin.

If we live that long.

finnbow
01-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Trump came to power promising that masterful leadership would replace the “stupid” kind. This action was malicious, counterproductive and inept — the half-baked work of amateurs who know little about security, little about immigration law and nothing about compassion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-half-baked-travel-ban-is-a-picture-of-american-shame/2017/01/30/1a0cd234-e6f4-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html

These words are from a Republican (with a conscience).

Rajoo
01-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Trump came to power promising that masterful leadership would replace the “stupid” kind. This action was malicious, counterproductive and inept — the half-baked work of amateurs who know little about security, little about immigration law and nothing about compassion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-half-baked-travel-ban-is-a-picture-of-american-shame/2017/01/30/1a0cd234-e6f4-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html

These words are from a Republican (with a conscience).

Thanks for the link and here's what Trump's diplomacy is getting him.

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

Almost 1.5 Million signatures. :)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

Oh shit! :)

One million people sign petition calling for Trump's state visit to be axed - but No10 say cancelling trip would 'undo everything' Theresa May has achieved

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/29/petition-calling-donald-trumps-state-visit-uk-cancelled-gets/

Dondilion
01-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the link and here's what Trump's diplomacy is getting him.

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

Oh shit! :)

One million people sign petition calling for Trump's state visit to be axed - but No10 say cancelling trip would 'undo everything' Theresa May has achieved

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/29/petition-calling-donald-trumps-state-visit-uk-cancelled-gets/

Theresa May does not want to go to the back of the line.

Tom Joad
01-30-2017, 02:47 PM

Cool.

Now they have a list of who the dissidents are. ;)

bobabode
01-30-2017, 07:53 PM
"The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has received more than $19 million since Saturday, and has hundreds of thousands of new members since it took action against President Trump's executive order calling for a 90-day ban on nationals from seven predominantly Muslim countries entering the United States and an indefinite pause on admitting refugees from Syria.
The ACLU announced Sunday evening it had raised $19.4 million from 290,000 donations since Saturday. The average it takes in per year is $3 million to $4 million, according to Reuters reporter Dustin Volz." The Hill

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/protest_1.jpg?itok=ZUbOBxAB****

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/aclu-donations-donald-trump-muslim-immigration-ban-lawsuit

Wow!!!! :cool:

ZeroJunk
01-31-2017, 06:09 PM
The thing is, if one of the refugees was an embedded terrorist and killed a bunch of people you guys would be the first ones crucifying the administration for incompetence.

And, the argument that there hasn't been any terrorist from those countries who killed Americans is a some curious logic.
There has never been a terrorist from anywhere who killed anybody until one day they did.

Hopefully not anytime soon, but eventually some moron is going to kill people on scale that makes 9/11 look tame. It is just a matter of time.

Rajoo
01-31-2017, 10:44 PM
The thing is, if one of the refugees was an embedded terrorist and killed a bunch of people you guys would be the first ones crucifying the administration for incompetence.

And, the argument that there hasn't been any terrorist from those countries who killed Americans is a some curious logic.
There has never been a terrorist from anywhere who killed anybody until one day they did.

Hopefully not anytime soon, but eventually some moron is going to kill people on scale that makes 9/11 look tame. It is just a matter of time.

“Who blew up the World Trade Center? It wasn’t the Iraqis, it was Saudi – take a look at Saudi Arabia, open the documents,” he told Fox News in February.

So why isn't SA on the list eh? Or Egypt?

Donald Trump still does business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11

And this is from May 2016.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-911-business-deals-a7038991.html

donquixote99
02-01-2017, 12:46 AM
http://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16388253_10208586224630104_2339654686489494588_n.j pg?oh=0f97c537fe59c0f75206ce0223760c67&oe=594B1CEB

Dondilion
02-01-2017, 12:55 AM
http://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16388253_10208586224630104_2339654686489494588_n.j pg?oh=0f97c537fe59c0f75206ce0223760c67&oe=594B1CEB

It could mean that the response is to fresh intelligence.

Rajoo
02-01-2017, 01:16 AM

Try no intelligence (pun intended). Remember that the US intelligence agencies did not trust Trump due to his connections to Putin before he took office, so this fresh intelligence was gathered in a week and vetted? :rolleyes:

Dondilion
02-01-2017, 06:44 AM
Try no intelligence (pun intended). Remember that the US intelligence agencies did not trust Trump due to his connections to Putin before he took office, so this fresh intelligence was gathered in a week and vetted? :rolleyes:

Fresh here is relative, given the time span of 40 years--1975 thru 2015, and the previous government might not have wanted to upset its base with any type of ban even if the intelligence was available, especially in an election phase.

Dondilion
02-01-2017, 06:56 AM
The information makes a stunning impression, until one realizes the time span.

Really slick! :D

finnbow
02-01-2017, 08:09 AM

The 31 year old rookie in the White House who wrote the EO, Stephen Miller, never consulted the intelligence or national security agencies when he drafted this ridiculous EO.

icenine
02-01-2017, 04:03 PM
I would imagine the number of Americans killed by other Americans with guns between 1975-2015 approaches 300,000.

Tom Joad
02-01-2017, 05:10 PM
The information makes a stunning impression, until one realizes the time span.

Really slick! :D

And 99% of them happened on one day.

Apparently they allocated 15/19 of the 9/11 deaths to the Saudis since 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis.

The games people play with statistics and charts.:rolleyes:

sheltiedave
02-01-2017, 06:57 PM
TJ, those aren't games. They are people who died. You kinda forgot history there, bud.

ZeroJunk
02-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Using your logic we should ban Germans and Japanese. They killed more of us.

bobabode
02-01-2017, 07:46 PM
"A federal judge in Los Angeles has added another legal ruling against President Trump’s controversial suspension of travel from a group of predominantly Muslim countries, issuing an emergency order that forbids government officials from enforcing many of the new rules.
Using sweeping, unambiguous language, U.S. District Judge Andre Birotte Jr. on Tuesday night granted a temporary restraining order against the executive order Trump signed late last week." LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-federal-order-travel-ban-20170201-story.html

Another Federal judge chimes in, time to drag Trump into court. The ACLU is fast approaching $30,000,000 in donations since Friday.

bobabode
02-02-2017, 05:01 PM
'ACLU of Northern California Files Demands for Documents on Implementation of Trump’s Muslim Ban
FOIA Filed As Part of Coordinated Campaign With 50 ACLU Affiliates'

"The American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California filed a Freedom of Information Act request today with its local U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office to expose how Trump administration officials are interpreting and executing the president’s Muslim ban, acting in violation of federal courts that ordered a stay on the ban’s implementation. The filing today is part of a coordinated effort from 50 ACLU affiliates, which filed 18 FOIAs with CBP field offices and its headquarters spanning over 55 international airports across the country.
“In spite of court orders to the contrary, some CBP officials appear to be continuing to detain people, though the approach appears to differ by location,” said Linda Lye, Senior Staff Attorney with the ACLU of Northern California. “The public has a right to know the facts on the ground.”
Media reports indicate that CBP officials detained and deported individuals, even after federal courts ordered officials to stop enforcing the executive order following a court challenge from the ACLU and other organizations.
“It is imperative that the public learn if federal immigration officials are blatantly defying nationwide federal court orders that block President Trump’s unconstitutional Muslim ban,” said Mitra Ebadolahi, Border Litigation Project Staff Attorney with the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties. “To shed light on this critical issue of pressing public concern, 50 ACLU affiliates are using the Freedom of Information Act to expose Customs and Border Protection’s abuse of power.”
The Trump administration has yet to inform the public of how many refugees, visa holders, and legal permanent residents have been affected by this action." ACLU

https://www.aclunc.org/news/aclu-northern-california-files-demands-documents-implementation-trump-s-muslim-ban?utm_source=social&utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=twitter

Trump is about to learn a hard lesson. He is our employee and not the other way around. God bless the ACLU. :)

ZeroJunk
02-02-2017, 07:21 PM
'ACLU of Northern California Files Demands for Documents on Implementation of Trump’s Muslim Ban
FOIA Filed As Part of Coordinated Campaign With 50 ACLU Affiliates'

"The American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California filed a Freedom of Information Act request today with its local U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office to expose how Trump administration officials are interpreting and executing the president’s Muslim ban, acting in violation of federal courts that ordered a stay on the ban’s implementation. The filing today is part of a coordinated effort from 50 ACLU affiliates, which filed 18 FOIAs with CBP field offices and its headquarters spanning over 55 international airports across the country.
“In spite of court orders to the contrary, some CBP officials appear to be continuing to detain people, though the approach appears to differ by location,” said Linda Lye, Senior Staff Attorney with the ACLU of Northern California. “The public has a right to know the facts on the ground.”
Media reports indicate that CBP officials detained and deported individuals, even after federal courts ordered officials to stop enforcing the executive order following a court challenge from the ACLU and other organizations.
“It is imperative that the public learn if federal immigration officials are blatantly defying nationwide federal court orders that block President Trump’s unconstitutional Muslim ban,” said Mitra Ebadolahi, Border Litigation Project Staff Attorney with the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties. “To shed light on this critical issue of pressing public concern, 50 ACLU affiliates are using the Freedom of Information Act to expose Customs and Border Protection’s abuse of power.”
The Trump administration has yet to inform the public of how many refugees, visa holders, and legal permanent residents have been affected by this action." ACLU

https://www.aclunc.org/news/aclu-northern-california-files-demands-documents-implementation-trump-s-muslim-ban?utm_source=social&utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=twitter

Trump is about to learn a hard lesson. He is our employee and not the other way around. God bless the ACLU. :)

Wait and see who wins.

donquixote99
02-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Wait and see who wins.

If a bunch of guys in masks burn down a federal judge's house, with him in it, will you count that as a win?

bobabode
02-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Up to 42 lawsuits have been filed naming Drumpf in the first eleven days of his administration.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/us/trump-lawsuits-travel-ban-conflicts-interest/index.html

Maybe this is the Mango Mussolini's jobs program? ;)