PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To The Fourth Turning: Banning At The Controls

icenine
02-08-2017, 04:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-apocalypse_us_5898f02ee4b040613138a951?

Scary stuff.

Tom Joad
02-08-2017, 04:27 PM
“We’re gonna have to have some dark days before we get to the blue sky of morning again in America,” Bannon warned in 2010. “We are going to have to take some massive pain. Anybody who thinks we don’t have to take pain is, I believe, fooling you.”

“This movement,” he said in November, “is in the top of the first inning.”

I agree.

The only difference is in which side we think will win.

It's going to be my side.

The Commies. :D

donquixote99
02-08-2017, 04:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-apocalypse_us_5898f02ee4b040613138a951?

Scary stuff.

Scary indeed. The guy sees us as already in an apocalyptic war with Islam. His version of Hitler's 'volk,' the 'Judeo-Christian West,' must pass through fire and death to emerge triumphant, or perish. No 'hysterical exaggeration on my part' This is just how he talks. This is just how he thinks. Click on the link.

The main idea is war. Big war. If this guy stays in power, we're all going to die.

icenine
02-08-2017, 04:34 PM
I agree.

You are the sort of intellect that would fall for this.

icenine
02-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Scary indeed. The guy sees us as already in an apocalyptic war with Islam. His version of Hitler's 'volk,' the 'Judeo-Christian West,' must pass through fire and death to emerge triumphant, or perish. No 'hysterical exaggeration on my part' This is just how he talks. This is just how he thinks. Click on the link.

The main idea is war. Big war. If this guy stays in power, we're all going to die.

Sort of reflects some views here. I guess millions believe this stuff. Hard to fathom but how else do you explain Trump.

donquixote99
02-08-2017, 04:44 PM
I agree.

What commies? The commies aren't on the field, they aren't even anywhere.

It's a two-part problem First, the left is totally disorganized, doesn't believe in much, beyond 'be nice, don't hate, take care of everyone, good laws fairly applied are swell,' some stuff like that. They aren't commies, don't know what commies are, and will never be commies.

Second, if they were commies, and they fought and won a communist revolution, that would suck too. The more radical a revolution, the more it concentrates power at the top, and power concentrated at the top is tyranny, and tyranny equals megadeath, everywhere and always. Look what the Russians got for all their blood and death struggle.

'The commies rescuing us' is a fantasy about on a par with 'an army of pastel ponies rescuing us.'

donquixote99
02-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Sort of reflects some views here. I guess millions believe this stuff. Hard to fathom but how else do you explain Trump.

Some believe some of it, since it's been said a lot on talk radio and alt right Internet. A lot more just feel culturally attacked and voted Trump as an angry fuck-you. There is a 'dark side' to human nature, that can be awakened, esp in the beloved 'poorly educated,' quite easily given suitable conditions and communications media, and the malice to do it.

whell
02-08-2017, 04:59 PM
History repeats itself quite often, and the history of mankind is replete with conflict. I guess discussions about this are "scary" for lefties.

donquixote99
02-08-2017, 05:06 PM
History repeats itself quite often, and the history of mankind is replete with conflict. I guess discussions about this are "scary" for lefties.

You 'guess' you see a chance to throw yet another insult, which is all you're here to do. Go to hell.

finnbow
02-08-2017, 05:07 PM

If you don't hold Bannon in contempt, you deserve to be held in contempt.

Oerets
02-08-2017, 07:33 PM
If you don't hold Bannon in contempt, you deserve to be held in contempt.

+1

Barney

Tom Joad
02-09-2017, 07:57 AM
What commies? The commies aren't on the field, they aren't even anywhere.

I'm using hyperbole.

That should be obvious.

I think I've made it perfectly clear on this forum that I am a Democratic So************************t like Bernie Sanders and that I favor the Scandinavian model for the US and that I think anyone who disagrees with me is an enemy.

donquixote99
02-09-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm using hyperbole.

That should be obvious.

I think I've made it perfectly clear on this forum that I am a Democratic So************************t like Bernie Sanders and that I favor the Scandinavian model for the US and that I think anyone who disagrees with me is an enemy.

The last part is the killer. You shouldn't say 'everyone,' that's sociopathic.

You actually design your 'positions' to give you enemies, you know.

Tom Joad
02-09-2017, 08:50 AM
The last part is the killer. You shouldn't say 'everyone,' that's sociopathic.

Again hyperbole.

You actually design your 'positions' to give you enemies, you know.

A fancy way of saying I troll.

Yes, I do.

donquixote99
02-09-2017, 09:56 AM
'Nuff said.

d-ray657
02-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Again hyperbole.

A fancy way of saying I troll.

Yes, I do.

When was the last time you came here actually looking for a discussion about politics?

ZeroJunk
02-10-2017, 05:45 AM
When was the last time you came here actually looking for a discussion about politics?

It is not possible on this forum.

donquixote99
02-10-2017, 08:40 AM
You need two reasonable and intelligent opposed parties, both dedicated to following the facts wherever they lead, for an intelligent conversation on a controversial matter.

I agree, not possible here. Highlighted part is the great lack. It's a value that both have to share.

The vocal part of the right-wing here is just dedicated to putting down the left no matter what.

JJIII
02-10-2017, 09:02 AM

The vocal part of the right-wing here is just dedicated to putting down the left no matter what.

I would say the reverse is true also.

MrPots
02-10-2017, 09:10 AM

I don't consider myself to be left, merely sensible, however I cannot deny despising some of the right wing mindset and trashing it when I can. (Some left wing liberal bullshit riles me too...)

donquixote99
02-10-2017, 09:57 AM

I am into putting down some things no matter what. Racism, fascism, might-makes-rightism, trollism. To the extent that the vocal right here embodies these things, they get it.

People who show they are dedicated to following the facts wherever they lead would get to see other facets of what I can do.

JJIII
02-10-2017, 10:19 AM
I am into putting down some things no matter what. Racism, fascism, right-makes-rightism, trollism. To the extent that the vocal right here embodies these things, they get it.

People who show they are dedicated to following the facts wherever they lead would get to see other facets of what I can do.

I would that we were all that way. ;)

merrylander
02-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Not hard JJ I recall when I first moved to Ottawa back in 1971 all the cars had bumber stickers;

"Courtesy is contagious - try it."