PDA

View Full Version : Liar In Chief: The Trump Truth Check Thread

icenine
02-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Oh Hillary won New Hampshire because of massive voter fraud. Now he is being challenged by a New Hampshire election official:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-voter-fraud-ellen-weintraub_us_589f2f4ee4b094a129eb748c?ungsyvi&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I expect this to be the only lie by President Trump so it should be a short thread.
Now if you see any more lies or suspected lies feel free to post here but I would really be surprised.

I would imagine DAs all over New Hampshire will bringing thousand of felony charges for voter fraud any day now...

bobabode
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
I saw 'Propaganda Barbie' Conway bemoaning the fact that nobody gives Trump credit for all the true things he says. :rolleyes:

Why do you hate 'Murrica, Ice?

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 02:47 PM
If you dudes don't like it, then you should have voted for Bernie in the primary. A vote for Hillary in the primary was a vote for Trump.

bobabode
02-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Sez the Jill Stein fanboi in a red state. :rolleyes:

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Sez the Jill Stein fanboi in a red state. :rolleyes:

I'm a Trump fan now.

And will be as long as it causes you more pain than it does me. :)

bobabode
02-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Yaaaaawn...ZZzzzzzzzzz.

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Yaaaaan...ZZzzzzzzzzz.

You don't fool me.

I know you're crying on the inside. :)

bobabode
02-11-2017, 03:07 PM
From a purely political perspective, I like what Trump is doing to the GOP. He's exposing them for the craven hypocrites they are while buggering them publically. 2018 is going to make the 2006 drubbing the GOP took in congress look like a garden party.

For a self professed troll and alleged 'smart guy', you sure show some imbecilic tendencies, my mulletheaded friend. :rolleyes:

Pio1980
02-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Let's start here and occasionally check back.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

icenine
02-11-2017, 03:57 PM
I saw 'Propaganda Barbie' Conway bemoaning the fact that nobody gives Trump credit for all the true things he says. :rolleyes:

Why do you hate 'Murrica, Ice?

I don't hate America.
In fact if you read what Trump says you can find the hate bubbling below the surface. America will be great again once the Orange Menace is
impeached.

bobabode
02-11-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't hate America.
In fact if you read what Trump says you can find the hate bubbling below the surface. America will be great again once the Orange Menace is
impeached.

Just messin' with you, my friend. :o

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 04:27 PM
2018 is going to make the 2006 drubbing the GOP took in congress look like a garden party.

How did your predictions for the last election turn out Boy Genius? :)

d-ray657
02-11-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm a Trump fan now.

And will be as long as it causes you more pain than it does me. :)

Please explain if you have any reason for being here other than trolling.

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 05:41 PM

"All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,"

bobabode
02-11-2017, 05:55 PM
"A permanent U.S. resident living in Texas has been sentenced to eight years in prison for illegally voting, a punishment that will likely result in the woman’s deportation after she completes her sentence.

On Wednesday, a Tarrant County, Tex., jury convicted 37-year-old Rosa Maria Ortega on two felony charges of illegal voting, for casting a ballot as a noncitizen in 2012 and 2014. Ortega is a green-card holder who was brought to the United States from Mexico when she was an infant, her attorney said.

The decision was hailed by some — including Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R), who prosecuted the case — as a sign the state intends to crack down on voter fraud." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/11/republican-green-card-holder-who-voted-illegally-in-texas-gets-8-years-in-prison/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_votefraud629pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.d694a5e8ec66

Ironically, she's a registered Republican who voted for Romney in '12 and Paxton in '14.

Tom Joad
02-11-2017, 06:01 PM
"A permanent U.S. resident living in Texas has been sentenced to eight years in prison for illegally voting, a punishment that will likely result in the woman’s deportation after she completes her sentence.

On Wednesday, a Tarrant County, Tex., jury convicted 37-year-old Rosa Maria Ortega on two felony charges of illegal voting, for casting a ballot as a noncitizen in 2012 and 2014. Ortega is a green-card holder who was brought to the United States from Mexico when she was an infant, her attorney said.

The decision was hailed by some — including Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R), who prosecuted the case — as a sign the state intends to crack down on voter fraud." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/11/republican-green-card-holder-who-voted-illegally-in-texas-gets-8-years-in-prison/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_votefraud629pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.d694a5e8ec66

Ironically, she's a registered Republican who voted for Romney in '12 and Paxton in '14.

If the punishment for two illegal votes is eight years, think of what Hillary, DWS, and Donna Brazille should get for rigging the primary. I think a good old fashioned burning at the stake would be appropriate.

icenine
02-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Just messin' with you, my friend. :o

I know.:)

nailer
02-11-2017, 06:02 PM

TJ's very entertaining and many of his posts are not even close to being trolling.

nailer
02-11-2017, 06:04 PM

Justice is blind and she can appeal to a higher court.

MrPots
02-11-2017, 06:24 PM
I saw 'Propaganda Barbie' Conway bemoaning the fact that nobody gives Trump credit for all the true things he says.

Seriously? That's the best she could do?

bobabode
02-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Seriously? That's the best she could do?

Well, Jake Tapper was all up in her grill. ;)

That guy deserves a medal for putting up with her shit.

bobabode
02-12-2017, 01:35 AM
A Report from Herr Twitler's Bunker...:rolleyes:

"JUPITER, Fla. — President Trump said on Saturday that judicial decisions that halted his executive order banning travel from seven predominantly Muslim countries had allowed a flood of “dangerous” refugees to pour into the country.
“Our legal system is broken!” Mr. Trump wrote in a Twitter posting a day after he said that he was considering a wholesale rewriting of the executive order to circumvent legal hurdles quickly but had not ruled out appealing the major defeat he suffered in a federal appeals court on Thursday. “SO DANGEROUS!” the president added.

Mr. Trump cited a report in The Washington Times that asserted that 77 percent of the refugees who entered the United States since Judge James L. Robart of Federal District Court in Seattle blocked the order on Feb. 3 had been from the seven “suspect countries.”
Still, his allusion to a rush of dangerous refugees is somewhat misleading. According to an analysis of data maintained by the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center, the percentage of refugees arriving from those countries — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — has risen considerably since the directive was suspended, but the weekly total of refugees arriving from the targeted countries has risen by only about 100. And all are stringently vetted."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/%E2%80%98dangerous%E2%80%99-refugees-flooded-us-after-lifting-of-ban-trump-says/ar-AAmQ5ce?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

d-ray657
02-12-2017, 05:33 PM
I wonder what the Dear Leader's reaction would be if a member of Congress stood up and yelled "you lie" during his State of the Union address.

d-ray657
02-12-2017, 05:37 PM
TJ's very entertaining and many of his posts are not even close to being trolling.

You probably liked Ted Knight and Frank Burns. :rolleyes:

icenine
02-12-2017, 05:45 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-promised-open-mines-here-s-why-unlikely-n716141

Another LIC whopper.

Here is the reality: quoted from the above article:

"He can't bring back coal jobs in any meaningful way unless he's capable of inventing a time machine," explained Eric de Place, energy policy director of Sightline Institute, a progressive environmental nonprofit. "Waving your hands and saying you're going to bring the coal industry back is misleading at best, malicious at worst."

The article points out that the ascendancy of natural gas killed the coal mines.

nailer
02-12-2017, 06:18 PM
You probably liked Ted Knight and Frank Burns. :rolleyes:

Would those shows have been funnier without them? I think not, counselor.

:rolleyes: back at yah. :D

icenine
02-16-2017, 08:56 PM
"fine tuned machine."

lol

If you listen to Trump enough you get where he is coming from: he basically wants a return to pre-1964 Civil Rights Act America. He is sort of like Nixon and Archie Bunker but without the human connection. When he talks about Chicago the ghost of Nixon's Law and Order ideology comes to the surface.

bobabode
02-16-2017, 09:04 PM
That Trump presser was cringeworthy today. The factcheckers are going to be busy tonight.

finnbow
02-16-2017, 09:29 PM
That Trump presser was cringeworthy today.

It's was a fine-tuned machine.

bobabode
02-16-2017, 09:38 PM
It's was a fine-tuned machine.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb6RshCCHvPUYIz1cMjbI74MNaa4Ekr VTH8zi7DLHPCOi7KrP7dw

Tom Joad
02-17-2017, 09:37 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb6RshCCHvPUYIz1cMjbI74MNaa4Ekr VTH8zi7DLHPCOi7KrP7dw

Is that what the Clinton machine looked like on on Nov. 9th? :D

icenine
02-18-2017, 10:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-sweden-terror-lie_us_58a8f397e4b045cd34c263d3?anssl7a58hh44e7b9&

I guess this thread will be never ending.
I think I get it. People voted for this. I guess a disruptor will solve all those problems everyone is worried about.

Pio1980
02-18-2017, 10:49 PM
More fake fax from the fake so-called POTUS.

bobabode
02-18-2017, 11:03 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-sweden-terror-lie_us_58a8f397e4b045cd34c263d3?anssl7a58hh44e7b9&

I guess this thread will be never ending.
I think I get it. People voted for this. I guess a disruptor will solve all those problems everyone is worried about.

Sweden? What a dolt.

icenine
02-26-2017, 03:33 PM
This thread is writing itself!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-administration-lies-100_us_58ac7a0fe4b02a1e7dac3ca6?

Dondilion
02-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Sweden? What a dolt.

Two days later there is a nasty riot in Sweden. Any connection?

nailer
02-26-2017, 04:22 PM

Finished the final (third) season of Borgen earlier this week and the Muslim immigrant issue was touched on in each season. Based on what was presented I think the situation in liberal northern Europe is more serious politically than many realize here.

bobabode
02-26-2017, 04:28 PM

Not that I can see tovarich. You?

nailer
02-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Not that I can see tovarich. You?

I'd give Trump credit as a catalyst.

Dondilion
02-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Finished the final (third) season of Borgen earlier this week and the Muslim immigrant issue was touched on in each season. Based on what was presented I think the situation in liberal northern Europe is more serious politically than many realize here.

Sweden invites in migrants and then segregates and discriminates against them... recipe for long term disaster.

There is a city Malmo which exhibits the main characteristics of Sweden's problem--50% Muslim living in segregated area and without little hope of being employed in the "real Sweden". This results in turf warfare for the drug trade...Muslims nationals/ethnics fighting each other.

Trump is right: Sweden has a migrant problem, but it is much different from that of the US. In the US immigrants were openly allowed to suppress wages --the opposite obtains in Sweden and it is rigid.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/23/two-different-views-on-sweden-and-immigration/

Tom Joad
02-28-2017, 10:42 AM
2018 is going to make the 2010 drubbing the Democraps took in congress look like a garden party.

Fixed it for you. :D

icenine
03-04-2017, 07:47 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-twitter-barack-obama-tapped_us_58baadf7e4b0b9989417e736?lr425k3tw7v509t 3xr&

whatever

donquixote99
03-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Barak Obana is being cast in a continuing super-villain role is the right-wing propaganda universe.

finnbow
03-04-2017, 10:07 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-twitter-barack-obama-tapped_us_58baadf7e4b0b9989417e736?lr425k3tw7v509t 3xr&

whatever

If Trump Tower was tapped, it was because a FISA court found probable cause of illegal activity. Donald should just shut his piehole.

nailer
03-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Barak Obana is being cast in a continuing super-villain role is the right-wing propaganda universe.

As he will be until a better target presents itself.

icenine
03-04-2017, 10:42 AM
If Trump Tower was tapped, it was because a FISA court found probable cause of illegal activity. Donald should just shut his piehole.

I was thinking the other day it would be nice if he just shut his mouth and went golfing for 4 years. That is what a 70 year old "billionaire" should be doing anyway lol.

donquixote99
03-04-2017, 10:49 AM
I was thinking the other day it would be nice if he just shut his mouth and went golfing for 4 years. That is what a 70 year old "billionaire" should be doing anyway lol.

The phrase 'Retire, bitch!' comes to mind.

icenine
03-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Just another use of the Big Lie. Now millions on Facebook think Obama wiretapped him illegally without a warrant.

Rajoo
03-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I think Obama should get into a Twitter war of words with Trump (after all Obama is infinitely more knowledgeable than Trump and writes like a scholar) to really help push Trump over the edge. :)

Accusing Obama administration of wire tapping the Trump Tower is sheer insanity and what we really need now is a political food fight. :D

Oerets
03-04-2017, 08:20 PM

+1

If true a tap was placed. One of two reasons for it come to mind.
To hear calls made by a target into the TT. Or as a investigation into someone inside TT.
Both would need a warrant issued by a Judge!

Nether look good for the Donald.

Barney

icenine
03-05-2017, 09:43 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/spicer-trump-wiretapping_us_58bc1af5e4b0d2821b4ec007?

Where is the big infrastructure bill?
What kind of a 100 Days is this?

I think Trump has unknowingly has called for an investigation of himself lol.
It is like when Barry Wom of the Rutles sued himself by accident.

MrPots
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Yet the GOP led congress is considering an investigation...on a habitual liars word. I get so tired of the GOP wasting millions of dollars trying to play "gotcha" with the dems while complaining about the cost of social programs.

It's not about the social programs, it's about where tax dollars go. For the GOP, all tax dollars must flow up to corporate CEO's and no where else.

MrPots
03-05-2017, 10:21 AM
And while I'm on a rant, lets' discuss first the lady gold digger. She needs to shut the hell up. Her citizenship was bought and paid for by Trump, Unlike so many others who actually had to work for theirs. She can barely speak english, and it's plain to everyone she and Trump are NOT in love. Yet she has the audacity to lecture america on health care, all the while costing americans millions to protect her in Trump tower because she's too damn good to live in the White house.

And aren't we all getting tired of paying for Trump to go golfing every goddamn weekend? Clearly an abuse of office.

America has really sunk to a new low here.

donquixote99
03-05-2017, 12:11 PM
She did not become Mrs. Donald Trump with the idea that she would someday get to be first lady and thus irritate you. The preoccupation of yours with hating on the 'gold digger' sniffs a bit off to me.

Tom Joad
03-06-2017, 08:08 AM
And while I'm on a rant, lets' discuss first the lady gold digger. She needs to shut the hell up. Her citizenship was bought and paid for by Trump, Unlike so many others who actually had to work for theirs. She can barely speak english, and it's plain to everyone she and Trump are NOT in love. Yet she has the audacity to lecture america on health care, all the while costing americans millions to protect her in Trump tower because she's too damn good to live in the White house.

She speaks more than one language.

I'll bet that's more than you can say for yourself.

It certainly has me beat.

But I think I know what your real problem with her is.

She's 5 foot 11.

That's a lot taller than you, isn't it Little Man?:D

MrPots
03-06-2017, 08:32 AM
She did not become Mrs. Donald Trump with the idea that she would someday get to be first lady and thus irritate you. The preoccupation of yours with hating on the 'gold digger' sniffs a bit off to me.

Sorry old bean. She married one of the most despicable men on the planet, that says much about her. Her husband is on a rant against immigrants and she is one, bought and paid for. Fuck her. She's the one who is too good for the white house. She's the one wasting millions of my tax dollars because she's has to live in opulence. She's a selfish little gold digger.

Frankly though she embodies my opinion of this country and pretty much everyone in it. We're a nation of selfish greedy haters, a nation of gold diggers willing to fuck over anyone for a buck, especially those who are sick or in need. A nation of delusional people who think our form of electing a dictator is the greatest thing since sliced bread while we have the nerve to criticize other nations. A nation of fucking idiots who will believe any nonsense put in front of them, including the notion that this nation is "great" and that we have legitimate elections.

In other words, I have absolutely no respect for this county or it's people any more. Respect must be earned.

MrPots
03-06-2017, 08:33 AM
She speaks more than one language.

Too bad english isn't one of them. And what's with the weird shifty eyes?

Rajoo
03-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Too bad english isn't one of them. And what's with the weird squinty eyes?

A haughty model looking down her nose and for what it's worth, I do agree with you in principle on Mrs. Trump. If she does not want to play the role, why spend the money on her maintenance?

Tom Joad
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Too bad english isn't one of them.

OK Jules.:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

JCricket
03-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Sorry old bean. She married one of the most despicable men on the planet, that says much about her. Her husband is on a rant against immigrants and she is one, bought and paid for. Fuck her. She's the one who is too good for the white house. She's the one wasting millions of my tax dollars because she's has to live in opulence. She's a selfish little gold digger.

Frankly though she embodies my opinion of this country and pretty much everyone in it. We're a nation of selfish greedy haters, a nation of gold diggers willing to fuck over anyone for a buck, especially those who are sick or in need. A nation of delusional people who think our form of electing a dictator is the greatest thing since sliced bread while we have the nerve to criticize other nations. A nation of fucking idiots who will believe any nonsense put in front of them, including the notion that this nation is "great" and that we have legitimate elections.

In other words, I have absolutely no respect for this county or it's people any more. Respect must be earned.

A little harsh, but darn close to my level of disgust as well. I was an eternal optimist, always thinking people were basically good. Over the last few years, I have seen changes that are very disturbing. I long for smaller town living(hoping it will be friendlier).

Hang in there.............................
mark

donquixote99
03-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Naturally any nay-saying provokes people to double down. For what it's worth, i agree that many of my countrymen seem to have abandoned much of what I'd call 'normal good will.' But don't be too proud, as you denounce the rest of the country, Pots.

MrPots
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Naturally any nay-saying provokes people to double down. For what it's worth, i agree that many of my countrymen seem to have abandoned much of what I'd call 'normal good will.' But don't be too proud, as you denounce the rest of the country, Pots.

There is no pride involved DQ, only deep depression.

nailer
03-06-2017, 11:17 PM
There is no pride involved DQ, only deep depression.

Dude! Cheer up, there's always tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KahOD-93D7U

MrPots
03-07-2017, 02:33 AM

Yea? Well yesterday we had affordable health care, yesterday we all had a living wage and employee protections. Yesterday we had a voting process that was legitimate. Yesterday we had representatives in government that at least pretended to represent the people. Every day brings the prospect of new horrors.

Cheer up my ass.

merrylander
03-07-2017, 07:47 AM

I do have my hopes pinned on our youth since they received better schooling than folks my age. Watching news interviews with Trump supporters, to be perfectly frank, their ignorance is appalling. I guess that I am lucky in having been schooled in Canada.

Oerets
03-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Willful ignorance in those who choose to believe in "alternative facts", because they want them to be true. We are in trouble when the facts are disregarded because it fails to reinforce core beliefs.
Teaching independent thinking and problem solving seem to be in greatest need right now over being politically correct.

Barney

Pio1980
03-07-2017, 10:58 AM
This mendacious toxically incompetent narcissist and his farrago of purposefully self-serving obfuscory disinformation is really causing me to be concerned about the security of this nation, I'm not seeing that as a priority here.

bobabode
03-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Trump tweets this morning after watching Fox and Friends-

Donald J. Trump‏

122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

Reality is that 113 of those 122 were released by GW Bush.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/07/youll-never-guess-who-tweeted-something-false-that-he-saw-on-tv/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.0955e6c0f579

We've got an idjit in the WH.

finnbow
03-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Fake news!!!;)

bobabode
03-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Fake news!!!;)

You're right. I meant to say 'moron'. (grin)

cubdog
03-07-2017, 01:26 PM
A little harsh, but darn close to my level of disgust as well. I was an eternal optimist, always thinking people were basically good. Over the last few years, I have seen changes that are very disturbing. I long for smaller town living(hoping it will be friendlier).

Hang in there.............................
mark

Having moved from Denver to Oregon Il., pop. 4,000 I have some perspective on this. Sadly, you won't find any difference. In my case I live in a town/county that voted for Trump by a roughly 65-35 margin. I go into town knowing wherever I go that 6/7 of every ten people I encounter voted for Trump. The fact that so many of my neighbors support a man I see as morally bankrupt and unfit to serve as President is sobering to say the least. In Denver, at least, you have some cultural diversity to remind you that not everyone has lost their collective mind. I too have generally thought people were, for the most part, good. I'd still like to think that's true but I may just be fooling myself.

CarlV
03-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly that he has had no contact with Russian officials as a presidential candidate.

He was lying.

Trump personally met with the Russian ambassador on April 27, 2016, prior to a major foreign policy speech. The Wall Street Journal, in a report that was little-noticed at the time but was recently picked up by AMERICABlog News, reported the meeting last year.

A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception.

Kislyak, according to multiple contemporaneous news reports, was seated in the front row. It was an invitation-only event.

Trump used the speech to call for warmer relations with Russia. “I believe an easing of tensions, and improved relations with Russia — from a position of strength only — is possible, absolutely possible,” Trump said. “Some say the Russians won’t be reasonable. I intend to find out.”

Russia was pleased with his speech:

Trump has repeatedly insisted that neither he nor anyone on his campaign was in contact with Russia during the election.

“Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia,” Trump said during a February 16 press conference. He said he contacts with Russia were limited to talking twice to Vladimir Putin after election day.

On February 20, Trump spokesperson Sarah Sanders flatly declared that the Trump campaign had “no contacts” with Russia.

We’ve since learned that at least four members of the Trump campaign — Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn, Carter Page, and J.D. Gordon — talked with Russian officials during the campaign.

Link (https://thinkprogress.org/trump-personally-met-with-russian-ambassador-during-campaign-cc59ae305032#.hz0wt1mwq)

donquixote99
03-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Trump tweets this morning after watching Fox and Friends-

Donald J. Trump‏

122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

Reality is that 113 of those 122 were released by GW Bush.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/07/youll-never-guess-who-tweeted-something-false-that-he-saw-on-tv/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.0955e6c0f579

It's worse than that. We've got a lying con-man in the White House.

donquixote99
03-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Having moved from Denver to Oregon Il., pop. 4,000 I have some perspective on this. Sadly, you won't find any difference. In my case I live in a town/county that voted for Trump by a roughly 65-35 margin. I go into town knowing wherever I go that 6/7 of every ten people I encounter voted for Trump. The fact that so many of my neighbors support a man I see as morally bankrupt and unfit to serve as President is sobering to say the least. In Denver, at least, you have some cultural diversity to remind you that not everyone has lost their collective mind. I too have generally thought people were, for the most part, good. I'd still like to think that's true but I may just be fooling myself.

People are basically good, as long as they aren't in situations that scare them, discourage them too much, or let them think it's OK to be bad. Things need to be arranged not to lead people into temptation.

icenine
03-21-2017, 11:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/health/opioid-trump-supporter-medicaid-health-care-reform/index.html

This is a sad story.

merrylander
03-22-2017, 06:52 AM
People are basically good, as long as they aren't in situations that scare them, discourage them too much, or let them think it's OK to be bad. Things need to be arranged not to lead people into temptation.

DQ I would love to believe that but after seeing how people treated my Florence before I arrived on the scene I am afraid that they are 'patterned' during their formative years and become settled in their was afterward. I guess your statement is the one - society lets them think it is OK to be bad.

Something I noticed while raising Brian, as a nipper if he came in from play and was offered a treat he would ask for the same for his playmates - society teaches them greed.

The sad truth is that we have a mentally deranged POTUS and he muust be removed from office.

icenine
04-02-2017, 08:12 PM
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-our-dishonest-president/

donquixote99
04-02-2017, 08:31 PM
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-our-dishonest-president/

Hear hear to the LA Times! No one should fail to read this editorial, and the rest of the series coming.

And salude to icenine for achieving the milestone of 11,111 posts! (Look fast!)

icenine
04-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Poop if I would have noticed that I wouldn't have made the rooster sauce post and left PC with the magic number 11,111! Too late now.

I had this Philosophy professor at Kent State that would always use "poop" as an expletive rather than "sh*t." It made him a kindler, gentler man. I think it is why I still remember him. In this age of Trump I will endeavor to use the work poop more often so as to soften this unique (I hope) American age.

Thanks DQ.

donquixote99
04-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Speaking of magic numbers, I had 12,345 not too long ago, and never had a clue.

nailer
04-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Speaking of magic numbers, I had 12,345 not too long ago, and never had a clue.

magic numbers = superstition ;)

donquixote99
04-03-2017, 08:21 AM
You call that a nail? It sure is small....

nailer
04-03-2017, 10:10 AM
You call that a nail? It sure is small....

Nope, but appreciate your size envy. :)

Dondilion
04-03-2017, 10:58 AM
When it comes to numbers, one should check Louis Farrakhan. :D

Rajoo
04-03-2017, 11:18 AM
I am at 88xx and will reach 8888 soon.
Chinese consider the number 8 as a lucky, so with four 8's, I could get lucky four times when that happens. :)

Or I could suspend any more posting and play the stock market for a while.

nailer
04-03-2017, 11:56 AM
I am at 88xx and will reach 8888 soon.
Chinese consider the number 8 as a lucky, so with four 8's, I could get lucky four times when that happens. :)

Or I could suspend any more posting and play the stock market for a while.

$8.88 stocks highly recommended.

Rajoo
04-03-2017, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the tip, reminds me of the days when I used to pick horses based on the color jockey was wearing. Did not fare very well but the races were exciting. :D

icenine
04-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Here is the second installment.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-why-trump-lies/

Chicks
04-03-2017, 10:24 PM
"But he is not merely amusing. He is dangerous. His choice of falsehoods and his method of spewing them — often in tweets, as if he spent his days and nights glued to his bedside radio and was periodically set off by some drivel uttered by a talk show host who repeated something he’d read on some fringe blog — are a clue to Trump’s thought processes and perhaps his lack of agency. He gives every indication that he is as much the gullible tool of liars as he is the liar in chief."

Rajoo
04-03-2017, 11:54 PM

Should I bet on this instead at 5 to 1 odds, say $100 ? :D
“The money is showing no signs of slowing down and we’ve been forced to cut Trump’s impeachment odds accordingly. We’ve taken five times the amount of bets on him failing to see out his full term than on him doing so,” Ladbrokes spokesperson Jessica Bridge said at the time. “Ladbrokes didn’t even offer odds on Obama being impeached or resigning, which speaks volumes about the current President.”

Odds Grow For Possible Trump Impeachment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/odds-grow-possible-trump-impeachment-110004479.html

nailer
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Should I bet on this instead at 5 to 1 odds, say $100 ? :D

Odds Grow For Possible Trump Impeachment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/odds-grow-possible-trump-impeachment-110004479.html

Even better odds are on the horizon. :)

CarlV
04-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Has anybody heard about what Agent Orange tweeted about his best fr, oops, comrade Vlad Pootin supplying Assad with nerve gas used on Syrian civilians, or is it Russian jets and pilots marked as Syrian doing this?
The only thing I do know is Agent Orange will blame somebody not himself or Pootin.

Carl

MrPots
04-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Has anybody heard about what Agent Orange tweeted about his best fr, oops, comrade Vlad Pootin supplying Assad with nerve gas used on Syrian civilians, or is it Russian jets and pilots marked as Syrian doing this?
The only thing I do know is Agent Orange will blame somebody not himself or Pootin.

Carl

He blamed Obama........:rolleyes:

CarlV
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM
He blamed Obama........:rolleyes:

That sure is getting old already, our POS POTUS blaming it on the previous President.

That and blaming everybody else for anything and everything. No buck stops here like a real leader would say. Of course if he was honest with us we would have to impeach him for being a foreign agent.

That is sounding like a alcoholic in denial. Tweeter in denial? :rolleyes:

Carl

Chicks
04-04-2017, 06:27 PM
That is sounding like a alcoholic in denial. Tweeter in denial? :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/qEVtRrcg3dg

bobabode
04-04-2017, 06:35 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/385782/small/Trump_Buck_Stops_HereWeb.jpg?1491346740

icenine
04-04-2017, 11:09 PM
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-trumps-authoritarian-vision/

Part three.

CarlV
04-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Fact Checker: Trump's claim that 'no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days'

----------------------------
"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days."

- President Trump, remarks in Kenosha, Wis., April 18, 2017

---

The first 100 days of a presidency is a rather artificial milestone, but one by which all presidents have been measured since Franklin D. Roosevelt's whirlwind of action when he took office in the midst of the Great Depression. President Donald Trump appears especially conscious of this marker. During the presidential campaign, he even issued a list of 60 promises that he said he would fulfill in his first 100 days.

We've been tracking Trump's promises, and so far he has not even taken action on 60 percent of the promises - and he's broken five of them, such as his promise to label China as a currency manipulator.

The rest: http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Fact-Checker-President-Trump-s-claim-that-no-11087824.php

bobabode
04-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Trump is boon to factcheckers and comedians everywhere. The rest of us, not so much.

icenine
05-11-2017, 11:21 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-voter-fraud-investigation_us_591465f6e4b030d4f1f03d26?gng&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Unfeffingbelieveable.

Rajoo
05-11-2017, 11:39 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-voter-fraud-investigation_us_591465f6e4b030d4f1f03d26?gng&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Unfeffingbelieveable.

Let's leave him be since with every bonehead decision he makes with the sole intent of deflection, he only manages to dig the hole deeper. With 35% approval rating, he has lost any and all credibility.

donquixote99
05-11-2017, 01:07 PM
^^^^ Exactly the word. Clicked off after reading with just that word in mind.