PDA

View Full Version : Otto Warmbier passes

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 01:44 AM
Otto Warmbier is dead. May he rest in peace. What a tragedy, or better: what a cruel crime. Prayers go to the family and the friends.

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 03:45 AM
Keep cool, Adolf Trump. I don't want a nuclear war now. So don't fuck up, man.

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 10:24 AM
It is very very astonishing that you Americans are not interested in this topic. I am.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 10:41 AM
It is very very astonishing that you Americans are not interested in this topic. I am.

I'm interested, though unsure what we can or should do about it. Expressing outrage is easy. Coming up with an appropriate and effective response is quite another.

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 11:01 AM
In my opinion this is one of the worst cases that may happen in the presidency of Trump - an extreme provocation by North Korea.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 11:03 AM
In my opinion this is one of the worst cases that may happen in the presidency of Trump - an extreme provocation by North Korea.

He has no soul and no empathy. He couldn't give a rat's ass about Otto Warmbier. It's only about winning or losing for him. The cause or its content are immaterial.

sheltiedave
06-20-2017, 11:35 AM
The CTE injury was most likely a result of numerous severe head beatings. But what can we do?

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Being in mourning for him. And hoping that this issue will not trigger a political, even military escalation.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Being in mourning for him. And hoping that this issue will not trigger a political, even military escalation.

I wouldn't worry about that. Trump couldn't care less about Warmbier. He is absolutely devoid of empathy.

HarmanKardon
06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
He is SUCH an asshole? Thank you Pat for this helpful info.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 01:07 PM

I suppose it's debatable (though not to me) how big an asshole he is. It isn't debatable, however, that he has no empathy. He has never shown the capacity to care about anyone but himself.

Pio1980
06-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Incredible stupidity on Kim Yuk Foo Cubed's part, kid could have been treated as a curious youth ambassador for the regime. Instead, this unwarranted pointless outrage.

CarlV
06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about that. Trump couldn't care less about Warmbier. He is absolutely devoid of empathy.

So at 11:44AM Eastern Trump had this to say:
“It's a disgrace what happened to Otto [Warmbier],” Trump said the White House. “It should never, ever be allowed to happen. And frankly, if he were brought home sooner, I think the results would have been a lot different.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338574-trump-american-students-death-a-total-disgrace
Disgrace? What a clueless asshole.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 01:35 PM
So at 11:44AM Eastern Trump had this to say:
“It's a disgrace what happened to Otto [Warmbier],” Trump said the White House. “It should never, ever be allowed to happen. And frankly, if he were brought home sooner, I think the results would have been a lot different.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338574-trump-american-students-death-a-total-disgrace
Disgrace? What a clueless asshole.

Trump's quote is his way of trying to blame Obama for Warmbier's condition upon his return.

bobabode
06-20-2017, 02:22 PM
While the orange gasbag was blaming Obama for Warmbier, this happened.

'North Korea detains fourth US citizen' CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/07/asia/north-korea-american-detained/index.html

CarlV
06-20-2017, 03:31 PM
And of course it will be a Democrats fault because there has to be blame and it can't be Agent Orange, maybe it's HRC's fault this time.
Remember Benghazi!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

barbara
06-20-2017, 04:24 PM
I feel for the families of these people.

I have to wonder why people travel to countries where they might be in danger if they have other options.

Rajoo
06-20-2017, 05:00 PM

I have to wonder why people travel to countries where they might be in danger if they have other options.

Living dangerously would be my guess. I don't think travel to any country where the US does not have a mission is advisable, and even then I can think of a few countries one must avoid.

finnbow
06-20-2017, 05:05 PM

I understand your sentiment, but looking back on it, I did much the same thing in 1981, traveling to the USSR from Germany for a week with a tour group. I even did shit equally stupid to that kid. Thankfully, I was never arrested for it. :eek:

Oerets
06-20-2017, 07:34 PM
My take on this horrific terrible senseless act is, will it be the straw or just another in a long list of grievances put upon the rest of the world by this outlaw regime. Soon adding the threat of a nuke on top of a ballistic missile to the list.
Just another in a long line of "what if's or if only" to be pondered.
Human history shows over and over again we as a species have not evolved beyond tribalism.
Just what is the USA or the world do I ask? Go it alone by the USA? I don't want to believe the majority of the world wants or expects the USA to be the means, but when you are the largest by far the most capable. I can see where it be can be expected as our chosen duty.
I know our sons and daughters had better not go over there if the S Koreans Chinese Russians ect. are sitting on the sidelines.
Face it sometimes it has to be the most extreme events before action if finally forced upon civil society.

Barney

MrPots
06-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Otto wasn't a very smart cookie....going places smart people know not to go to. Besides, Americans in American prisons often don't fare much better in the end so I'm not really sure why the outrage.