PDA

View Full Version : To our Tennessee friends

d-ray657
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I just heard on the radio that Tenn. is experiencing some significant flooding, and that some more rain is forecast to fall in the Southeast. We seem to have several regular participants from there. If any of you happen to be able to get on line, let us know how you're doing. I'll say a prayer for ya. I just hope nobody has to sign with their laptop sitting on their roof.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Saw the pictures on the news last night, pretty bloody awful.

Sandy G
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Buddy of mine lives down near Nashville, he came home-here-Thursday for his birthday to his parents' house. Anyhow, he sent me an e-mail that getting home ystrday afternoon was Big Fun-I-40 & a lot of the other roads were flooded. We got a lot of rain here, biggest thing I saw was a tree that had collapsed onto Main Street this AM. Big old tree, lotsa times they're rotten in the middle, like this one was, & too much water just brought 'er down. Now, its over in the Carolinas.

hillbilly
05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Water is 10 feet deep inside the opryland hotel.

Whats sadder is the local news said most of the homeowners insurance does not cover floods and many houses are flooded in several towns. We are lucky here as we live up on a steep hillside. We only had to repair the fence in our pasture down below after the water roared out of the holler. Coulda been much worse. Nashville water is still rising, houses, even a brick house washed away and so very many are still covered to the roof tops in water. News doesn't show but bits and pieces to the outside folks, but the damage is wide spread through several counties here. Just down the road from me, they evacuated another town where the water is running into now. A lake on each side of it, and a dam is full to the top. Do to high flood waters they are trying to hold the dam so they don't get flooded any worse, but now they can't hold the water back as it's to the point of just running over the top anyways. It's a no win situation. Been wishing the best for everyone, many have not a thing left, and many more could face the same loss before it's over. The Cumberland river hasn't crested yet, and is far above floodstage. God Bless them.

westgate
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
best wishes and prayers for all involved.