PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this idiot was alsmost the POTUS?

epifanatic
05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Can you imagine what defense attorneys would have done had this American citizen not been read his Miranda rights? Has he lost his mind?
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/95837-mccain-serious-mistake-if-car-bombing-suspect-was-mirandized

Boreas
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I imagine he knows better. He's just playing to his wing nut base.

Oh, and I'm not so sure it's accurate to say he was almost the POTUS. He lost pretty big after all.

John

epifanatic
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not so sure he knows better, just look at his, "I never claimed to be a Maverick" statement. It may be a precursor to senility that we are witnessing.

Charles
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Shit, I thought you were talking about Owl Gore.

Chas

BlueStreak
05-04-2010, 11:51 PM
I imagine he knows better. He's just playing to his wing nut base.

Oh, and I'm not so sure it's accurate to say he was almost the POTUS. He lost pretty big after all.

John

+1.

Dave

Fast_Eddie
05-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Another "look over there!" from a Republican. Can't find anything legitimate to bitch about so they try to distract you with stupid crap and get you fired up. Usually based on hatred. "Yeah! Fuck that guy!"

BlueStreak
05-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Another "look over there!" from a Republican. Can't find anything legitimate to bitch about so they try to distract you with stupid crap and get you fired up. Usually based on hatred. "Yeah! Fuck that guy!"

It may not work on you or I, Ed...............But.........Well, you know.:rolleyes:

Dave

Fast_Eddie
05-05-2010, 12:57 AM
It may not work on you or I, Ed...............But.........Well, you know.:rolleyes:

Dave

Oh, believe me, I know. It's scary. Same folks are the ones who don't want to fund education. Do the math on that one.

merrylander
05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm not so sure he knows better, just look at his, "I never claimed to be a Maverick" statement. It may be a precursor to senility that we are witnessing.

Precursor?:rolleyes:

finnbow
05-05-2010, 08:18 AM
This whole Miranda argument is a crock of shit. Somehow the Right is portraying "Mirandizing" as some sort of magic hocus pocus that renders a cooperative person uncooperative. All it does is ensure that the miscreant doesn't get acquitted on a technicality.

d-ray657
05-05-2010, 08:24 AM
This whole Miranda argument is a crock of shit. Somehow the Right is portraying "Mirandizing" as some sort of magic hocus pocus that renders a cooperative person uncooperative. All it does is ensure that the miscreant doesn't get acquitted on a technicality.

As posted in the Hoax thread, the suspect's confession blasts a big hole in the McCain theory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/05/AR2010050501536.html?hpid=topnews

Regards,

D-Ray

JCricket
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Them Arizoniansa are mostly nuts. I know, I have inlaws there that would scare the living crap out of you with thier comments.

And I quote
" Those islamists are savages and all should be killed."
"Those -------(black people) are getting just too much power, we are all in trouble now!"
"Obama is briliiant, he is doing exaclty what he wants, he is destroying the country."

These were all used in the course of about a 30 minute conversation - I gave up and took shelter.

Scary folks they is!

d-ray657
05-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Them Arizoniansa are mostly nuts. I know, I have inlaws there that would scare the living crap out of you with thier comments.

And I quote
" Those islamists are savages and all should be killed."
"Those -------(black people) are getting just too much power, we are all in trouble now!"
"Obama is briliiant, he is doing exaclty what he wants, he is destroying the country."

These were all used in the course of about a 30 minute conversation - I gave up and took shelter.

Scary folks they is!

Situations like that are a good excuse for putting on some music - to give use something better to listen to.

Regards,

D-Ray