PDA

View Full Version : Is This Where We're Headed?

Boreas
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/05/05/bloomberg1376-L20FBE1A74E9-1.DTL

In the unlikely event that this monstrosity passes they can have mine.

John

Fast_Eddie
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree with John Boehner:

"If they're a U.S. citizen, until they're convicted of some crime I don't know how you would attempt to take their citizenship away," Boehner said today at his weekly news conference. "It would be pretty difficult under the U.S. Constitution."

Exactly. It's fine to take away their citizenship if they actively work to attack America. Run off and join the Taliban like that John Walker, then I guess you are pretty well committing treason. But they're innocent until proven guilty, or have we totally abandoned that concept since the passage of the AZ law?

I'd say Lieberman's turn to the Dark Side is now complete. Now he should go kill his father. The Emperor will be pleased.

Boreas
05-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Run off and join the Taliban like that John Walker, then I guess you are pretty well comiting treason.

John Walker Lindh ran off and joined the Taliban before 9/11 and before we invaded Afghanistan. How is that treason?

Moreover, can you assure me that his actions against US and Northern Alliance forces were offensive and not defensive? He was a prisoner of the Northern Alliance who had already murdered hundreds of captured Taliban. The escape attempt and resultant battle could be viewed simply as an effort on the part of the captives to save their lives.

John

Fast_Eddie
05-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Okay, John Walker was a poor example. You get my point.

Boreas
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Okay, John Walker was a poor example. You get my point.

Yeah, I do. I just don't want us to forget what really happened with "The American Taliban". He's not the monster some people try to make him out to be.

John

piece-itpete
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd say Lieberman's turn to the Dark Side is now complete. Now he should go kill his father. The Emperor will be pleased.

Rotflmao!!!

I'm not convinced though, if you were a member of the nazi party during ww2 you probably didn't get much by way of Constitutional protection anyway.

Pete

Fast_Eddie
05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Let me get this straight Pete. You agree with former Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Liberman and I agree with Republican Minority leader John Boehner.

Anyone need any more proof we're living in the end times?

Boreas
05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Let me get this straight Pete. You agree with former Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Liberman and I agree with Republican Minority leader John Boehner.

Nope! I'm convinced.

And check this out! A Foxbot putting the wood to KKKarl Rove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcsZJOjTxlU&feature=player_embedded

John

piece-itpete
05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Run, run, run for your life!!!

There's a swarm of intelligent armored insects coming your way :)

Pete

d-ray657
05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Why does Lieberman still have a committee chairmanship? He clearly abandoned the party in the health care debate (as if he hadn't during the campaign). It's time to dispense some discipline.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
05-06-2010, 03:33 PM

No doubt the rapture will start this weekend.:p

Fast_Eddie
05-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Thought it had already started there for a second this afternoon as I watched 10% of my retirement go away.

merrylander
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL watching the usually locquacious Karl Rove stammer and stutter while she spanked him was hillary-ous

Fast_Eddie
05-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Nope! I'm convinced.

And check this out! A Foxbot putting the wood to KKKarl Rove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcsZJOjTxlU&feature=player_embedded

John

Anyone know if she's been fired yet?

I didn't need to see that. What an idiot. Karl, sorry buddy, anyone tell you that it was at the bottom of the ocean? Your complaint is what? Obama isn't able to sense disaster? Katrina was on TELEVISION and Bush wasn't doing anything.

Charles
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Just remember, in the future now will be remembered as the good old days.

It's the brave new world. And as I've said before, I liked the chickenshit old world better. That's why I live in Bugtussell.

Chas

piece-itpete
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Just remember, in the future now will be remembered as the good old days.

It's the brave new world. And as I've said before, I liked the chickenshit old world better. That's why I live in Bugtussell.

Chas

I'm with you. But I have to stay in I'm-happy-so-nothing-matters-and-its-all-so-unfair-suburbland. Fortunately I've got good neighbors (so far, new ones on the left, she looks yuppie).

Pete

BlueStreak
05-07-2010, 09:35 AM

It's enough to make ME get religion..........

And Rove..."I'm not trying to lay this at the feet of the Whitehouse...".
Oh bullshit! The only time he stops thowing stones is when he's asleep.
And then he probbly dreaming about it. "Bububub, but..." Babbling idiot.
Thanks for the clip, John.

Dave

piece-itpete
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
It's enough to make ME get religion..........

Hal - a - lou - ya! We's gettin some CHURCH up in heeah! :D

Pete

merrylander
05-07-2010, 10:11 AM
What's the church got to do with religion? Inquiring minds want to know.:p

Charles
05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
What's the church got to do with religion? Inquiring minds want to know.:p

That's where you go to buy some.

Chas

hillbilly
05-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Hal - a - lou - ya! We's gettin some CHURCH up in heeah! :D

Pete

LOL, not trying to hi-jack, this just sparked an old haha.

I can remember hearing Ester sayin' it about like that. And old Fred Sandford sayin' somethin' like, .. '' while you at it .. pray fer your face .. cause it sure is ugly ''.

I miss ole Red Fox.

JCricket
05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
OMG!

Striping a person of citizenship is the scariest thing I think I have heard. What is the point?

If a person is a citizen, they are a citizen. Even if they commit treason, they are a citizen, they should be tried and punished, but they are a citizen.

What could possibly be gained by stripping an individual of their citizenship? Are they then no longer protected by our laws? Does this mean that we can hold them without rights in jail, without trial? Does this mean since they have been stripped and are not a war criminal we can torture and ignore geneva convention protocol?

Maybe I am being a little paranoid, but this is paramount to a free ticket for the government to do whatever it wants, whenever it wants to whoever it wants.

This is just absolutely crazy!

I wonder what mister liebermna would think if he was being arrested and held as an enemy of the state because of this proposal?

merrylander
05-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I think the Senator is slipping into senility.

d-ray657
05-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I think the Senator is slipping into senility.

Or to borrow a phrase from the music group, WAR, he is "slipping into darkness."

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I find him to be a cynical opportunist, any one of our five feral cats has better morals than he does.

finnbow
05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
This silly notion (stripping citizenship) is just an extension of the Mirandaphobia. If we can call somebody an enemy combatant (instead of a citizen), we can beat the shit out of him and take funny pictures of him while surrounded with angry dogs. It makes us feel tougher.

d-ray657
05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I find him to be a cynical opportunist, any one of our five feral cats has better morals than he does.

Thinking back, I wonder what card he was holding to snatch the VP bid. If the winner had been able to take office, I wonder whose side he would be on now. He most certainly would not have had to vote to justify the invasion of Iraq.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
05-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Thinking back, I wonder what card he was holding to snatch the VP bid.

Lieberman had very publicly condemned Clinton for his sexual indiscretions. I've always felt that had something to do with Gore's choice of him.

John

merrylander
05-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Lieberman had very publicly condemned Clinton for his sexual indiscretions. I've always felt that had something to do with Gore's choice of him.

John

When you are that downright fugly it is easy to condemn sexual indiscretions.:rolleyes:

finnbow
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I think that Liebermann is the best senator our 51st state ever had.