PDA

View Full Version : Hey noonereal...

Ozmoid
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Step up to the bar, first round's on me.

I had a good time in the gun control thread, let's knock a few back before we embark on the next big discussion... debate makes me thirsty. :D

Oz

noonereal
06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Sounds good to me, I'll have a Bud to start.

I thought that thread was dead several times only to come back to life. I got a feelin' the subject will be broached again.

In the meantime maybe we can discuss religion!:eek:

Ozmoid
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM

ROTFLMAO... I'm up for it, if you are. Shall we draw for sides, or do you have a preference? :D

Sandy G
06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm a Presbyterian, anybody who AIN'T a Presbyterian is a Sumbich 'n' is on a fast track to H-E-Double-Toothpicks..... So there. N'yah....(grin) And yes, it has taken me most of my adult life to learn how to spell "Presbyterian"....

Charles
06-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm a Presbyterian, anybody who AIN'T a Presbyterian is a Sumbich 'n' is on a fast track to H-E-Double-Toothpicks..... So there. N'yah....(grin) And yes, it has taken me most of my adult life to learn how to spell "Presbyterian"....

I reckon if they's anything more hardcore than a Methodist, it must be you Prespertians....didn't teach we'uns how to spell Prespertians in Sunday School...musta been penis envy.

My Granddaddy was a Catlikker, always wished I'd been one. No matter how bad you screw up, you just spill your guts in the booth, say a few Hail Mary's, and you're good to go.

Besides, the Catlikkers always had an enlightened view of the juice of the grape.

Us poor Methodist's were reduced to Welch's for communion. However, us mean little shits found the pastor's jug of Mad Dog in his desk, and that's a fact.

Chas

Charles
06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll have a Bud to start.

I thought that thread was dead several times only to come back to life. I got a feelin' the subject will be broached again.

A BUD, a BUD???????

Don't' know whether to give you hell for being a damn communist liberal, or for drinking Clydesale piss.

If you fellers invite me, I'll but a round of Coors Light. They told me that's what Jesus drinks. While he's thumbin' his S&W.

Fire away,
Chas

Sandy G
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually, I guess I'm a Heathern to most of these people down here...If you ain't a Baptist, you ARE going to Hell in a Handbasket...Period. End of discussion. Even some of the more, uhh, "Primitive" Baptist churches are pretty sure that even Baptists that aren't of THEIR particular persuasion of Baptist are lost causes, as well. We won't even talk about the Snake-Handlers & the Strychnine-Drinkers...IMHO, there should have been ONE MORE COMMANDMENT...Commandment Eleven- Thou shalt not be a Dumbass...

noonereal
06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I reckon if they's anything more hardcore than a Methodist, it must be you Prespertians....didn't teach we'uns how to spell Prespertians in Sunday School...musta been penis envy.

My Granddaddy was a Catlikker, always wished I'd been one. No matter how bad you screw up, you just spill your guts in the booth, say a few Hail Mary's, and you're good to go.

Besides, the Catlikkers always had an enlightened view of the juice of the grape.

Us poor Methodist's were reduced to Welch's for communion. However, us mean little shits found the pastor's jug of Mad Dog in his desk, and that's a fact.

Chas

I was raised a good Catholic so you can rest assured I have more than one twitch and enough guilt that I find it necessary to drink heavily.

Charles
06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Actually, I guess I'm a Heathern to most of these people down here...If you ain't a Baptist, you ARE going to Hell in a Handbasket...Period. End of discussion. Even some of the more, uhh, "Primitive" Baptist churches are pretty sure that even Baptists that aren't of THEIR particular persuasion of Baptist are lost causes, as well. We won't even talk about the Snake-Handlers & the Strychnine-Drinkers...IMHO, there should have been ONE MORE COMMANDMENT...Commandment Eleven- Thou shalt not be a Dumbass...

I reckon if you're a heathen, then I'm a Philistine.

Don't reckon they're too many Baptists here, and if you are, I don't want to hurt your feeling. But......

I've talked religion with a few Baptists. and they are fundematalists, to the extreme.

As I have no conception of God, even took the advice of a retired Baptist minister that I bid a job for a couple of weeks ago, and I asked God for forgiveness. That's what they all tell me, so I did it.

Anyway, God never got back to me. Musta have dialed #2 for Spanish, only thing I can figure. According to them, he couldn't wait so save my sorry ass.

I tend to follow the old axiom, that since we exist, there must be a creator. The old "I've got a watch, their must be a watchmaker" line of reasoning.

This is a valid line of reasoning. However, when you attempt to define the "watchmaker", I can find no answer. I've tried, but I never could get a grip on Metaphysics, maybe I'm just stupid. I'm a rationalist myself.

And I've also noticed that anyone who could explain it all to me, IMHO, was as full of shit as a Christmas Goose.

Now I suppose that there must be a God, only because so many people say there is. That's fine by me, I got nothin' again him.

Einstein said, "There are questions that man will never answer." Always liked to side with a "fart smeller" like Einstein.

Either you believe, or you don't. Personally, I don't feel as though I have enough information to pass judgement.

Just being honest with myself, and all of you. Reckon if I go to Hell, least I'll know most everybody there.

I could take this further, but I believe you have my gist,
Chas

merrylander
06-04-2009, 07:59 AM
I was raised in the Union Church, town was so small there were not enough of any one group of Protestants to make up a Methodist or Presbyterian or United church. Actually the United Church was a merger of Methodists and Presbyterians, except some Presbyterians held out and would not join.

Fiesrt wife was an Anglican (Episcopalian here) we used to refer to them as God's Frozen People, stiff necked lot.

Currently married to a lady raised in the Catholic Church, although we have removed the capital C and simply call ourselves christians. We have learned over the years that organized religion is more about the organization than it is about religion.

Though in my travels I have seen many beautiful churches here and abroad and I have read quite a bit of the Bible, I still have not found the passage where we were asked to build them. I did find a bit that said "Where two or more are gathered together in my name, there shall I be also."

For all those TV mega churches I would recommend Matthew 6 -1:7

Ozmoid
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
A BUD, a BUD???????Charles, I'm not gonna beat him up for his beverage of choice... just leaves a few extra bottles of the good stuff for me. :D (Highland Porter, Sleeman's, some Belgians or IPA's go down pretty good too.)

Next round's on Sandy. :p

Sandy G
06-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Sandy sure does wish he could partake w/you byrds, but the best he can do is set 'em up...Which he'd be HONORED to do, BTW...I dunno how beer/booze & my new "plumbing" would sit w/each other...

Ozmoid
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Sorry, Sandy, I wasn't thinking about your plumbing... maybe I'll put the next round on Charles' tab. :D

Sandy G
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
No problemo, Ozmandias, its been a BALL tryin' to figger out what "works" w/me new guts...An' what DON'T.

Ozmoid
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I hadn't really thought about that, Sandy. I bet that *is* a real experience! (and one I hope to never share... )

merrylander
06-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Sure Oz, and that Rolls Royce would be about one inch long.

Ozmoid
06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
I think the rest of the original quote was "...and you could fit six of them on the head of a pin." or something to that effect, merrylander. ;)

noonereal
06-05-2009, 02:37 PM
I just stopped in to see the Second Amendment thread and well, can I get another beer? A Coors Light is fine.

merrylander
06-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Sam Adams for me thankee.

Ozmoid
06-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Coming right up... much more of this and we'll need to spring for a bartender. I tend to be too busy consuming to do much providing. :D

cabinover
06-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I have the next round guys. Coors, Bud, CR and Ginger. Doesn't matter what you're partaking in, so long as you consume it and not the other way around. :D

Ozmoid
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Then make mine a Tanq and tonic, please. :)