PDA

View Full Version : Are Trump and his Congressional Sycophants Traitors?

finnbow
07-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Trump may deny collusion. But given that this the attack continues, denying it is collusion, distracting from it is collusion, obstructing the investigation of it is collusion — because all these things enable it to go on.

That the president is abetted in his aid for the Russians — again, in the midst of this ongoing attack — by the leadership of the Republican Party makes the situation all the more extraordinary and dangerous. As they seek to undermine the investigation, they serve Russia as directly as if they were officers of the GRU. Some now reportedly seek to impeach Rosenstein on trumped up charges. To attack one of the leaders of our national defense as we are being attacked and to do so to benefit our foreign adversary is textbook treason.

That is strong language. But consider this: If we updated our definitions of war to include cyberwar, then aiding a foreign power engaged in such a war against us would certainly meet the Constitutional definition: “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-way-trump-and-the-gop-deal-with-russian-attacks-is-textbook-treason

Isn't it amazing that the Dotard and his GOP minions, who go out of their way to wrap themselves in the flag and patriotism, are actually traitors if one believes that the definition of war in the 21st century includes cyberwarfare?

whell
07-14-2018, 05:31 PM
At stake are the results in our 2018 and 2020 elections and the integrity of our political system. This enemy seeks not only to put puppets or weak or deficient leaders in place, it seeks to gain leverage over them as they come to realize they are advertently or not the beneficiaries of the Russian attacks.

Lunacy, but such is par for the course on the left these days.

So, the left wanted to try terrorists in court for the crime of terrorism, hated calling terrorists acts part of the "the war on terror", hated calling terrorists enemy combatants, and wanted to paint them all as lone or rogue actors. For foreign states that practice terror, or support it financially, or when they harrass our warships or take sailors captive, the left didn't want to pick a fight or make war with those countries. With countries like that, we sign nuclear agreements and pay them billions of dollars.

On the other hand, hacking is a crime. It has always been treated as a crime. But since Russia is doing it and its important to maintain the narrative of "collusion" where none exists, some of the left are apparently ready to call it "cyber war" and start at least the next Cold War or possibly a shooting war over it.

Yet, not one election system was hacked, not one vote was changed. One President stated that hacking an election was not possible, but the left wants to forget all about that now that the 2016 election is over.

Sheesh....

Chicks
07-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Whell welcomes the Russian hacking with open arms. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

finnbow
07-14-2018, 05:54 PM
On the other hand, hacking is a crime. It has always been treated as a crime. But since Russia is doing it and its important to maintain the narrative of "collusion" where none exists, some of the left are apparently ready to call it "cyber war" and start at least the next Cold War or possibly a shooting war over it.

Yet, not one election system was hacked, not one vote was changed. One President stated that hacking an election was not possible, but the left wants to forget all about that now that the 2016 election is over.

Sheesh....

As always, you're woefully uninformed. Even your Dear Leader and his DoD agree with me as to the importance of cyberwarfare. Try to keep up.

WASHINGTON -- At the direction of the president, the Defense Department today initiated the process to elevate U.S. Cyber Command to a unified combatant command.

"This new unified combatant command will strengthen our cyberspace operations and create more opportunities to improve our nation’s defense," President Donald J. Trump said in a written statement.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1283326/dod-initiates-process-to-elevate-us-cyber-command-to-unified-combatant-command/

This is an elevation of status of the Cybercom, established within DoD in 2009 to "match and exceed enemies seeking to use the cyber realm to attack the United States and its allies."

The only issue is whether or not the Russian attack on our electoral system (carried out by 13 Russian military officers) is an act of cyberwarfare, defined as "the use of computer technology to disrupt the activities of a state or organization, especially the deliberate attacking of information systems for strategic or military purposes." I (and Mueller) contend that this was an attack by the Russian military in support of Putin's strategic interests. Do you disagree?

The Lying Dotard is the Commander-in-Chief of this and all other agencies tasked to defend against enemy cyberattacks. Are you OK with the Commander-in-Chief denying, obfuscating and trying to obstruct investigations into it? If so, you're a traitor just like he is.

donquixote99
07-14-2018, 09:17 PM
This is why it was so vital for the retraitors to gain control of the Supreme Court. The court can block the update of the definition of war to include cyber attacks.

finnbow
07-15-2018, 07:09 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/79ejEVwFDwUCs/giphy.gif

finnbow
07-15-2018, 07:50 AM
HELSINKI — President Trump said in a new interview airing Sunday that he hadn’t thought of pressing Russian President Vladimir Putin on extraditing the dozen Russian officials charged with hacking Democratic emails, while continuing to blame Democrats for the stolen emails that upended the 2016 presidential campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-hadnt-thought-of-asking-putin-to-extradite-indicted-russian-agents-trump-says/2018/07/15/766a2d2a-8814-11e8-8b20-60521f27434e_story.html

finnbow
07-15-2018, 11:23 AM
"I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe..."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-interview-cbs-news-european-union-is-a-foe-ahead-of-putin-meeting-in-helsinki-jeff-glor/

bobabode
07-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Are Trump and his Congressional Sycophants Traitors?

Do bears shit in their mouths?

finnbow
07-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Are Trump and his Congressional Sycophants Traitors?

Do bears shit in their mouths?

Is a pig's ass pork?;)

Rajoo
07-15-2018, 02:37 PM
At stake are the results in our 2018 and 2020 elections and the integrity of our political system. This enemy seeks not only to put puppets or weak or deficient leaders in place, it seeks to gain leverage over them as they come to realize they are advertently or not the beneficiaries of the Russian attacks.

Lunacy, but such is par for the course on the left these days.

Did you happen to see the Dotard's behavior in Brussels and London?
That was what lunacy looks like, not the 'left's' conception what the Russian interference (using a very mild term) in the US election, which of course Putin knows nothing about and the Dotard absolutely believes him.

More lunacy from a lunatic masquerading on the world stage as the US president whom we all should be ashamed of.

And for all this he has declared that he is now to be acknowledged as more popular than Washington. At what?

finnbow
07-16-2018, 07:01 AM
@realDonaldTrump

Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!

So, Trump blames our country and an legally constituted (and successful and informative) investigation for our poor relationship with Russia. This tweet was "liked" by the Russian Foreign Ministry. WTF???

If this is not giving "aid and comfort" to the enemy, what is?

donquixote99
07-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Russian troops could land in DC (say, for 'joint maneuvers' that somehow involve them taking up positions protecting the White House), and the sycophants would accept it!

Oerets
07-16-2018, 10:13 AM
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

A couple thousand years ago!

Rajoo
07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
^^Amazing excerpt and thanks for sharing.
It really makes one wonder where this is going and how this will end.
What Trump seems to be doing is mortgaging America for personal reasons.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 11:53 AM
John O. Brennan
@JohnBrennan
Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???
8:52 AM · Jul 16, 2018

Chicks
07-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Trump, Treasonous Traitor

This is an incredible, unprecedented moment. America is being betrayed by its own president. America is under attack and its president absolutely refuses to defend it.

Simply put, Trump is a traitor and may well be treasonous.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/opinion/trump-russia-investigation-putin.html

Chicks
07-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Andrew Wortman
@AmoneyResists
Remember after 9/11 when President Bush was so obsessed with making sure we had a good relationship with Al Quaeda and sat down for a one-on-one 90 minute meeting with Osama Bin Ladin? Me neither.
#TreasonSummit

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!

1:30 AM · Jul 16, 2018 from Ronkonkoma, NY

whell
07-16-2018, 12:25 PM
As always, you're woefully uninformed. Even your Dear Leader and his DoD agree with me as to the importance of cyberwarfare. Try to keep up.

As always, you're changing the subject and arguing a point I didn't make. :rolleyes:

If so, you're a traitor just like he is.

https://i.imgur.com/THVMlLF.png

whell
07-16-2018, 12:32 PM
HELSINKI — President Trump said in a new interview airing Sunday that he hadn’t thought of pressing Russian President Vladimir Putin on extraditing the dozen Russian officials charged with hacking Democratic emails, while continuing to blame Democrats for the stolen emails that upended the 2016 presidential campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-hadnt-thought-of-asking-putin-to-extradite-indicted-russian-agents-trump-says/2018/07/15/766a2d2a-8814-11e8-8b20-60521f27434e_story.html

Does the US even have an extradition treaty with Russia? If not, there's nothing to "press" Putin about. Protocol would first be to have the Justice Dept and the State Dept work with their Russian counterparts to either come to an non-precedent-setting agreement about the indicted individuals, or work toward an extradition treaty.

finnbow
07-16-2018, 12:32 PM
As always, you're changing the subject and arguing a point I didn't make. :rolleyes:

Defend the traitorous bastard all you want, you sycophantic fool.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Even treasonous behavior won’t stop Whell from defending his Dear Leader. Sad.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 12:44 PM
‘Shameful,’ ‘disturbing,’ and an 'embarrassment’ — Congress reacts to Trump’s press conference with Putin

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/shameful-disturbing-and-an-embarrassment-congress-reacts-to-trumps-press-conference-with-putin-2018-07-16

Time for action, not words, Congress! Censure the traitor, then impeach his ass.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 12:52 PM
This Is the Moment of Truth for Republicans
The GOP can either defend the United States or serve the damaged and defective man who is now its president.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/moment-of-decision/565289/

There are exactly two possible explanations for the shameful performance the world witnessed on Monday, from a serving American president.

Either Donald Trump is flat-out an agent of Russian interests—witting, unwitting, from fear of blackmail, in hope of future deals, out of manly respect for Vladimir Putin, out of gratitude for Russia's help during the election, out of pathetic inability to see beyond his 306 electoral votes—whatever the exact mixture of motives might be, it doesn't really matter.

Or he is so profoundly ignorant, insecure, and narcissistic not to realize that, at every step, he was advancing the line that Putin hoped he would advance, and the line that the American intelligence, defense, and law-enforcement agencies most dreaded.

Conscious tool. Useful idiot. Those are the choices, though both possibly true—the main question is the proportions.

finnbow
07-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Does the US even have an extradition treaty with Russia? If not, there's nothing to "press" Putin about. Protocol would first be to have the Justice Dept and the State Dept work with their Russian counterparts to either come to an non-precedent-setting agreement about the indicted individuals, or work toward an extradition treaty.

Russia can, at their own discretion, extradite criminals without an extradition treaty (as can we). Rather than even pursue it, your Dear Leader instead threw our country, its allies, and our intelligence services under the bus in Helsinki. Your Dear Leader is a fucking traitor, plain and simple. Impeachment is too good for him.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Dictionary.com
@Dictionarycom
Patriot: A person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

Traitor: A person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

(link: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/traitor) dictionary.com/browse/traitor

10:03am July 16, 2018

Chicks
07-16-2018, 02:04 PM
Quit now, Trump staffers. Save your souls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/quit-now-trump-staffers-save-your-souls/2018/07/16/6529cb3a-8920-11e8-85ae-511bc1146b0b_story.html

By Ruth Marcus
Deputy editorial page editor, columnist
July 16 at 2:46 PM

Everyone who works for President Trump: Quit now. Save your souls. Save your honor, such as it is. Save your reputation, such as it remains. Russia attacked our democracy. Trump has demonstrated repeatedly, and did so again with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, that he doesn’t care and won’t defend his country.

If you work for this man and you call yourself a patriot, it is time for you to go.

This may sound excessive, even irresponsible. Indeed, for months I have agonized over the question of public service in the age of Trump.

Of course, as a general matter, it is better to have more grown-ups around Trump, mitigating his worst impulses, providing wisdom born of experience to counter his ignorance and petulance.

But that assessment assumes facts not in evidence: that Trump is educable or containable. Actually, it contravenes the available evidence. There is none that Trump has done anything but what Trump wants to do. Monday’s news conference made that clear.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Newt Gingrich
@newtgingrich
President Trump must clarify his statements in Helsinki on our intelligence system and Putin. It is the most serious mistake of his presidency and must be corrected—-immediately.
2:15 PM · Jul 16, 2018

————————

Wow. Not too many Repubes more corrupt than this asswipe, but even he is standing up to Traitor Don.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 06:10 PM
We just watched a U.S. president acting on behalf of a hostile power
By Max Boot
July 16 at 5:26 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/07/16/we-just-watched-a-u-s-president-acting-on-behalf-of-a-hostile-power/

President Trump habitually calls the press “the enemy of the people” — a loathsome calumny, redolent of dictatorships, that he repeated on Sunday. In fact, by asking tough questions at Trump’s joint news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, reporters once again showed that they are the sentinels of America democracy. If anyone is “the enemy of the people,” it is Trump himself.

Those are words I never thought I would write about an American president — even one as boorish and bigoted as Trump. But after his appalling performance in Helsinki at what CNN’s John King aptly called the “surrender summit,” questions about Trump’s loyalty to the American people will only intensify. Indeed, the question came up at the news conference itself. The Associated Press’s Jonathan Lemire courageously asked “does the Russian government have any compromising material on President Trump or his family?”

Think of how extraordinary — how unprecedented — that moment was. Can you imagine a similar question being asked about any previous U.S. president? I can’t.

Chicks
07-16-2018, 08:09 PM
http://politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3350&stc=1&d=1531789732

Chicks
07-17-2018, 07:51 AM
Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
Well, now we know.
Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
Great World Cup. Question for President Trump as he meets Putin: Do you know which team you play for?
2:34 PM · Jul 16, 2018

whell
07-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Defend the traitorous bastard all you want, you sycophantic fool.

I didn't. But you can read my comments any way you want (and you usually do).

finnbow
07-17-2018, 08:01 AM
I didn't. But you can read my comments any way you want (and you usually do).

Defending Trump is all you do. Nothing more and nothing less.

whell
07-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Russia can, at their own discretion, extradite criminals without an extradition treaty (as can we). Rather than even pursue it, your Dear Leader instead threw our country, its allies, and our intelligence services under the bus in Helsinki. Your Dear Leader is a fucking traitor, plain and simple. Impeachment is too good for him.

My, my, my. You really ought to check out underwear from Duluth Trading Company. I hear their undies don't bunch like it appears yours do.

As these things usually go, the script for such meetings is typically laid out days if not weeks beforehand. The indictment of the alleged Russian hackers happened Friday. Since the State Dept has likely not had a chance to discuss the matter with their Russian counterparts, why should it have been an agenda item for Trump to discuss with Putin at all (other than to satisfy your paranoia about all things Russian)?

whell
07-17-2018, 08:02 AM
Defending Trump is all you do. Nothing more and nothing less.

Ah. So in your world, straying from leftist talking points is defending Trump. Got it, and noted for future reference. :rolleyes:

Chicks
07-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Ah. So in your world, straying from leftist talking points is defending Trump. Got it, and noted for future reference. :rolleyes:

Pretty simple, Whell. Is Donny a traitor who put his own and Russian interests before Americans? Yes or no? No waffling.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 08:16 AM
My, my, my. You really ought to check out underwear from Duluth Trading Company. I hear their undies don't bunch like it appears yours do.

As these things usually go, the script for such meetings is typically laid out days if not weeks beforehand. The indictment of the alleged Russian hackers happened Friday. Since the State Dept has likely not had a chance to discuss the matter with their Russian counterparts, why should it have been an agenda item for Trump to discuss with Putin at all (other than to satisfy your paranoia about all things Russian)?

And you say that don't reflexively support Traitor Trump? Please. If you're unable to be critical of Trump's appalling behavior in Helsinki, there's simply no hope for you. Once Mueller indicts the extended Trump crime family, you'll still be here singing his praises.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 08:23 AM
https://scontent.fhhr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/37287472_10204985785680101_67774996247740416_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0bd005a0f257e0335c39e48a478cea02&oe=5BD8A0C6

whell
07-17-2018, 08:40 AM
And you say that don't reflexively support Traitor Trump? Please. If you're unable to be critical of Trump's appalling behavior in Helsinki, there's simply no hope for you. Once Mueller indicts the extended Trump crime family, you'll still be here singing his praises.

https://scontent.fhhr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/37287472_10204985785680101_67774996247740416_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0bd005a0f257e0335c39e48a478cea02&oe=5BD8A0C6

Tell you what. I'll agree with you two nitwits that discussing the extradition of the alleged hackers in Russia to face charges in the US for interfering in our elections should be a top priority....just as soon as it becomes a top priority to extradite Obama to Israel for interfering in Israel's elections.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Tell you what. I'll agree with you two nitwits that discussing the extradition of the alleged hackers in Russia to face charges in the US for interfering in our elections should be a top priority....just as soon as it becomes a top priority to extradite Obama to Israel for interfering in Israel's elections.

Last time I checked, it was Bibi who came here in the midst of our campaign to interfere with our election. As for your claim, it's mostly false (http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/blog-posting/blog-claims-us-funded-anti-netanyahu-election-effo/).

You really are a sycophantic tool, willing to loyally and reflexively accept and defend Trump's treasonous behavior. Shameful.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 08:51 AM
‘Under Trump the GOP Has Become a Cult’
By Calvin Trillin

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-gop-become-cult/

So why do they maintain their loyalty
Despite his lies, despite the fact that he
Acts like a child instead of an adult?
’Cause it’s a cult.

Why would his people always cheer for him
While he, in tweets that are profoundly dim,
Just flails around for allies to insult?
’Cause it’s a cult.

His crude remarks imply we should unite
To keep out anyone who isn’t white.
That language tends to make his troops exult,
’Cause it’s a cult.

It seems impossible that they’re not seeing
Their leader as a dreadful human being.
But most of them don’t leave as a result,
’Cause it’s a cult.

whell
07-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Last time I checked, it was Bibi who came here in the midst of our campaign to interfere with our election. As for your claim, it's mostly false (http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/blog-posting/blog-claims-us-funded-anti-netanyahu-election-effo/).

You really are a sycophantic tool, willing to loyally and reflexively accept and defend Trump's treasonous behavior. Shameful.

Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts. From your blog post:

If any U.S. money was used to mobilize anti-Likud voters, it would have been in Israel. A more accurate figure would be $233,500.

Next, there is a matter of the blog’s tense. "Has been sending" says the action is continuing. In this case, the money stopped flowing in 2014, before elections were called in Israel.

So, we know that an amount of about $233,500 was sent to an anti-Netanyahu PAC in Israel as directed by Obama. Finally:

Yes, Obama sent money to OneVoice, a group that promoted a two-state solution. And yes that group partnered with a different group V15 that wanted Netanyahu defeated. But there is no paper trail that the money given to OneVoice was spent on an electoral ground game. It would be naive to ignore that OneVoice’s policy positions mesh well with V15’s voter mobilization, but that’s different from saying that American taxpayer dollars were spent by V15.

That may change as more evidence comes to light.

Bottom line - Obama sent $233,500 in US tax payer funds to an anti-Netanyahu PAC, or at the very least a PAC that promoted policies that were/are at odds with current Israeli policy. The only thing that we don't have is a "paper trail" between that PAC and V15, but there's no dispute that those PACs were in partnership, had common goals and worked together.

You really need to start reading what you post. :rolleyes:

So, as soon as Obama is frog-marched over to Israel, I'll be happy to re-examine your position on Trump's comments.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 09:07 AM
The Trump First Doctrine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump-first-doctrine-1531781061

Even the editorial board of the conservative WSJ understands that Donny committed treason. Wake up, Whell, you are being held captive by a cult.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Hey Whell, when it all falls apart, yer boy Donny is in handcuffs, and they come asking you to drink the Kool-Aid, take Nancy Reagan’s advice:

https://img.memecdn.com/just-say-no_o_1665245.jpg

Pio1980
07-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts. From your blog post:

If any U.S. money was used to mobilize anti-Likud voters, it would have been in Israel. A more accurate figure would be $233,500.

Next, there is a matter of the blog’s tense. "Has been sending" says the action is continuing. In this case, the money stopped flowing in 2014, before elections were called in Israel.

So, we know that an amount of about $233,500 was sent to an anti-Netanyahu PAC in Israel as directed by Obama. Finally:

Yes, Obama sent money to OneVoice, a group that promoted a two-state solution. And yes that group partnered with a different group V15 that wanted Netanyahu defeated. But there is no paper trail that the money given to OneVoice was spent on an electoral ground game. It would be naive to ignore that OneVoice’s policy positions mesh well with V15’s voter mobilization, but that’s different from saying that American taxpayer dollars were spent by V15.

That may change as more evidence comes to light.

Bottom line - Obama sent $233,500 in US tax payer funds to an anti-Netanyahu PAC, or at the very least a PAC that promoted policies that were/are at odds with current Israeli policy. The only thing that we don't have is a "paper trail" between that PAC and V15, but there's no dispute that those PACs were in partnership, had common goals and worked together.

You really need to start reading what you post. :rolleyes:

So, as soon as Obama is frog-marched over to Israel, I'll be happy to re-examine your position on Trump's comments.
Afaik, a two state solution was U. S. policy at the time, so supporting it against a purely one state nationalist would be within our National interest.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts...

Your sycophantic nonsense and rationalization are unconvincing and "mostly false." Moreover, Israel did not indict ~25 Americans with charges associated with this activity, unlike the ~25 Russians who have been indicted by us. America doesn't extradite its citizens who don't face indictments, particularly for "mostly false" charges, dimwit. BTW, both Bibi and his wife are now facing criminal charges in Israel and Obama isn't.

Here's what your boy, Trey Gowdy, said Sunday on what he would like to say to Trump before the Helsinki summit. "Your first requests of Vladimir Putin needs to be: tell us which airport we can pick up the 25 Russians that tried to interfere with the fundamentals of our democracy. If you really claim you had nothing to do with it that you should be as shocked as we were that your military was being used to impact our election. Tell us where you're going to extradite those folks because an American grand jury indicted them for undermining our democracy."

This is a particularly lazy, dishonest and disingenuous example of "whataboutism" on your part and represents nothing other than yet another example of you shamelessly lying in support of Traitor Trump. The bottom line is that Trump's failure to ask for the extradition is not really the biggest issue here. His throwing the US intelligence and law enforcement community under the bus and calling the investigation that has resulted in the indictment of ~25 Russians a "witch hunt," after having trashed NATO, the EU, Germany and the UK.

BTW, my OP was two days before yesterday's treasonous acts, an indicator that his behavior already seemed treasonous before he sealed the deal yesterday.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 10:04 AM
@realDonaldTrump

While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!

finnbow
07-17-2018, 10:15 AM
http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/nydailynews_071618.jpg?itok=1m8RSLiF

Chicks
07-17-2018, 10:17 AM
I wonder what GRU secret agent Trump’s spy handlers called him? Agent Orange?

whell
07-17-2018, 10:26 AM
The Trump First Doctrine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump-first-doctrine-1531781061

Even the editorial board of the conservative WSJ understands that Donny committed treason. Wake up, Whell, you are being held captive by a cult.

I'm paywalled for that particular article. That said, I suspect the WSJ, who has never been a fan of the Trump presidency, probably didn't go so far as to use the word "treason" in the article you posted. As far as I know, that word is reserved to the truly rabid Never Trumpers, or leftist whack jobs. I'm sure you know the type. :rolleyes:

whell
07-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Your sycophantic nonsense and rationalization are unconvincing and "mostly false." Moreover, Israel did not indict ~25 Americans with charges associated with this activity, unlike the ~25 Russians who have been indicted by us. America doesn't extradite its citizens who don't face indictments, particularly for "mostly false" charges, dimwit. BTW, both Bibi and his wife are now facing criminal charges in Israel and Obama isn't.

Here's what your boy, Trey Gowdy, said Sunday on what he would like to say to Trump before the Helsinki summit. "Your first requests of Vladimir Putin needs to be: tell us which airport we can pick up the 25 Russians that tried to interfere with the fundamentals of our democracy. If you really claim you had nothing to do with it that you should be as shocked as we were that your military was being used to impact our election. Tell us where you're going to extradite those folks because an American grand jury indicted them for undermining our democracy."

This is a particularly lazy, dishonest and disingenuous example of "whataboutism" on your part and represents nothing other than yet another example of you shamelessly lying in support of Traitor Trump. The bottom line is that Trump's failure to ask for the extradition is not really the biggest issue here. His throwing the US intelligence and law enforcement community under the bus and calling the investigation that has resulted in the indictment of ~25 Russians a "witch hunt," after having trashed NATO, the EU, Germany and the UK.

BTW, my OP was two days before yesterday's treasonous acts, an indicator that his behavior already seemed treasonous before he sealed the deal yesterday.

Well, I'm glad we can agree that Obama did use taxpayer funds to donate to an Israeli PAC during an election year. So, rave on Finn. We can continue this discussion when Obama - or others - are held similarly accountable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/sunday-review/russia-isnt-the-only-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it.”

“We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, now at the University of Georgia. “We’ve used posters, pamphlets, mailers, banners — you name it. We’ve planted false information in foreign newspapers. We’ve used what the British call ‘King George’s cavalry’: suitcases of cash.”

“I’m not in any way justifying what the Russians did in 2016,” Mr. Levin said. “It was completely wrong of Vladimir Putin to intervene in this way. That said, the methods they used in this election were the digital version of methods used both by the United States and Russia for decades: breaking into party headquarters, recruiting secretaries, placing informants in a party, giving information or disinformation to newspapers.”

His findings underscore how routine election meddling by the United States — sometimes covert and sometimes quite open — has been.

EDIT: Oh, and this too:

At least once the hand of the United States reached boldly into a Russian election. American fears that Boris Yeltsin would be defeated for re-election as president in 1996 by an old-fashioned Communist led to an overt and covert effort to help him, urged on by President Bill Clinton. It included an American push for a $10 billion International Monetary Fund loan to Russia four months before the voting and a team of American political consultants (though some Russians scoffed when they took credit for the Yeltsin win).

Maybe Clinton is the "person of interest" that Putin referred to when he invited Mueller to Moscow to interview the indicted Russians, but then asked for reciprocity to interview folks that he's interested in. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

finnbow
07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
I'm paywalled for that particular article. That said, I suspect the WSJ, who has never been a fan of the Trump presidency, probably didn't go so far as to use the word "treason" in the article you posted. As far as I know, that word is reserved to the truly rabid Never Trumpers, or leftist whack jobs. I'm sure you know the type. :rolleyes:

Mr. Trump marched through Europe with more swagger than strategy. His diplomacy is personal, rooted in instinct and impulse, and he treats other leaders above all on how much they praise Donald J. Trump. He says what pops into his head to shock but then disavows it if there’s a backlash. He criticizes institutions and policies to grab headlines but then claims victory no matter the outcome... Monday’s joint press conference was a personal and national embarrassment. On stage with the dictator whose election meddling has done so much harm to his Presidency, Mr. Trump couldn’t even bring himself to say he believed his own intelligence advisers like Dan Coats over the Russian strongman.

And yes, the WSJ is pro-Trump. Just read Kimberly Strassel's pieces on their Op-Ed page. She's at least as big a Trump cultist as you are. Whether or not they used the word "treason," they certainly made the argument that his behavior gave "aid and comfort to the enemy" (the constitutional definition of treason). It's sad that it's gotten to the point that a valid argument can be made that the president is treasonous and the only defense of him boils down to a semantic argument.

Rajoo
07-17-2018, 10:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiQk_O4WkAMPOkO.jpg

Rajoo
07-17-2018, 10:47 AM
See How Newspaper Front Pages Around the World Reacted to Trump's Embrace of Putin in Helsinki

The Guardian

@guardian

The Guardian front page, Tuesday 17 July 2018: ‘Nothing short of treasonous’. Trump accused over Putin talks

Bath Newseum @richardwyatt

Two traitors on one front page.

Le Monde ⭐️⭐️

@lemondefr

#ALaUne Trump, meilleur allié de Poutine

translation: Trump best ally of Putin

Michael Knigge

@kniggem

German press headlines on Trump and Putin summit in Helsinki:

Handelsblatt: Summit of the autocrats

Die Welt: Trump makes it easy for Putin

Frankfurter Allgemeine: Trump lauds “very productive summit”

Publico in Portugal said Putin gave Trump what he wanted, and Trump gave him much more in return:

Putin admits he wanted a Trump win, says Portugal’s business newspaper Negocios:

Finland’s business newspaper Kauppalehti scored the meeting Trump 0, Putin 1:

http://fortune.com/2018/07/17/trump-putin-press-conference-reaction-newspaper-front-page/

whell
07-17-2018, 10:51 AM
And yes, the WSJ is pro-Trump.

Uh no, not so much.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/03/22/media/wall-street-journal-editorial-donald-trump/

The Wall Street Journal editorial board's blistering rebuke of Donald Trump on Tuesday was only the latest chapter in an antagonistic relationship between the president and a usual standard-bearer of conservative media.
Throughout Trump's campaign and into his young presidency, the Journal's editorial writers have repeatedly cast a wary eye. They have questioned his economic acumen and temperament, and even suggested at one point that the Republican Party might have to write Trump off in order to salvage its prospects in other races.

Almost exactly one year ago, the editorial board found itself ensnared in a public feud with Trump after questioning his chances of winning the general election. Trump called the writers "dummies"; the editorial board responded by saying, "The truth hurts."

You're like the weather forecasters here in MI. You're wrong far more than you're right, but it just doesn't matter to you and you keep forging ahead with your inaccuracies.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 11:04 AM
You're like the weather forecasters here in MI. You're wrong far more than you're right, but it just doesn't matter to you and you keep forging ahead with your inaccuracies.

Perfect description of you.

JJIII
07-17-2018, 11:19 AM
Oh, for shit's sake.

"I'm rubber, you're glue..."

Rajoo
07-17-2018, 11:32 AM
^^Predictable, got nothing to contribute, invoke God! :rolleyes:

JJIII
07-17-2018, 12:02 PM
^ ^

OK, let me make it more palatable for you.

(edited post # 57.)

whell
07-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Perfect description of you.

Oh, for shit's sake.

"I'm rubber, you're glue..."

Fear not. Chicklet is the forum equivalent of a yappy little Yorkie. :eek:

Chicks
07-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Fear not. Chicklet is the forum equivalent of a yappy little Yorkie. :eek:

You two clowns are Dumb and Dumber. Or is it Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum?

Chicks
07-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Vanishing Point
As the GOP increasingly comes to resemble a personality cult, is there any red line—video tapes? DNA evidence? a war with Germany—President Trump could cross and lose party support? “Very doubtful,” say a dozen GOP members of Congress stuck hard behind the MAGA eight ball.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a22131898/republican-party-trump-red-line/

They’ve been neutered, lobotomized, and joined the Cult of Trump, just like our resident morons. Sad, and frightening.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Uh no, not so much.

Read Kimberly Strassel. She's every bit the wingnut, conspiracy theorist Trump cultist you are. Take a look at just the titles and synopses of her articles for the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/news/author/5472

Characterizing the WSJ as anti-Trump is relative. Just because they don't write only puff pieces like Fox or Breitbart doesn't make them anti-Trump. They support him but don't want to appear as slavishly sycophantic as you. I guess you didn't follow the story of (Pulitzer prize winning journalist) Bret Stephens quitting the WSJ due to its Trump sycophancy.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 01:53 PM
WSJ is part of Rupert Murdoch’s biased right-wing media empire. The same empire that owns the official Trump media outlet, Fox “News”.

To say they are “Never Trumpers” shows profound ignorance on Whell’s part. Par for the course.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 02:31 PM
WSJ is part of Rupert Murdoch’s biased right-wing media empire. The same empire that owns the official Trump media outlet, Fox “News”.

To say they are “Never Trumpers” shows profound ignorance on Whell’s part. Par for the course.

For Trump, anything but slobbering sycophancy for Trump is anti-Trump. I bet he's apoplectic about George Will today calling Trump "this sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

Chicks
07-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Will's column today is, as usual, great. The GOP has fallen so far, it's painfully sad. Today it's full of ignorant know-nothings like Whell, eager to please their idiot master.

whell
07-17-2018, 03:47 PM
Read Kimberly Strassel. She's every bit the wingnut, conspiracy theorist Trump cultist you are. Take a look at just the titles and synopses of her articles for the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/news/author/5472

Blah, blah, blah. Strassel is not the sole representative of the WSJ editorial board. By your logic, since Fox News employs Juan Williams, it must be a left-leaning news outlet.

The editorial posted by Chicks earlier from WSJ is entirely consistent with the WSJ editorial board's prior editorials on Trump. The WSJ editorial board is not pro-Trump. Why you seem to want to push a contrarian view on this subject is simply bizarre.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 04:24 PM
Trump Makes His Worst Excuse Ever

Under pressure, the bumbling idiot tries to walk back his treason, blaming it on a slip of grammar. Uh-huh. You’d have to be dumb as Whell to believe a word of this claptrap.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-tries-to-walk-back-putin-press-event-in-helsinki.html

finnbow
07-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Strassel is not the sole representative of the WSJ editorial board. By your logic, since Fox News employs Juan Williams, it must be a left-leaning news outlet.

She, however, is the one that writes constantly about the "witch hunt" and whines constantly on Fox about the great conspiracy against your Dear Leader. WSJ only speaks out against Trump when they simply can't avoid it when he atrociously crosses the line, just as a few GOP Congresscritters will before they move on to normal sycophancy.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 05:32 PM
David Duke
@DrDavidDuke
What happened in Helsinki is Historic. I my lifetime I have never seen such a courageous attack on the whole of the ZOG, the Zionist Occupied Government of the United States and the Zionist Occupied Media! Today Trump is a Hero! Trump is no Jesus but they hate him as much!!!!!!
4:39 PM · Jul 16, 2018

———————

KKK and Whell loved Donny’s performance in Helsinki. Figures.

whell
07-17-2018, 07:25 PM
David Duke
@DrDavidDuke
What happened in Helsinki is Historic. I my lifetime I have never seen such a courageous attack on the whole of the ZOG, the Zionist Occupied Government of the United States and the Zionist Occupied Media! Today Trump is a Hero! Trump is no Jesus but they hate him as much!!!!!!
4:39 PM · Jul 16, 2018

———————

KKK and Whell loved Donny’s performance in Helsinki. Figures.

There you go again. Please post for me specifically where I stated that I "loved" or otherwise spoke favorably of "Donny's performance" in Helsinki.

Chicklet, let me help you with something: if you have to lie, fudge, exaggerate, mis-state or otherwise mis-characterize someone else or their statements to make your point, maybe the real issue is that you have no point at all.

whell
07-17-2018, 07:28 PM
She, however, is the one that writes constantly about the "witch hunt" and whines constantly on Fox about the great conspiracy against your Dear Leader. WSJ only speaks out against Trump when they simply can't avoid it when he atrociously crosses the line, just as a few GOP Congresscritters will before they move on to normal sycophancy.

OK, so you're sticking with your original premise that Strassel's views are fully representative of the all thought and potential commentary at the Wall Street Journal. Got it. :rolleyes:

Wait 'til Fox News finds out that you think they could be a lefty news outlet because they employ Juan Williams. :eek:

finnbow
07-17-2018, 07:46 PM
OK, so you're sticking with your original premise that Strassel's views are fully representative of the all thought and potential commentary at the Wall Street Journal. Got it. :rolleyes:

Wait 'til Fox News finds out that you think they could be a lefty news outlet because they employ Juan Williams. :eek:

Pretty much everybody on Fox other than Hannity criticized Trump yesterday. Are they also anti-Trump?

Here's how Trump recently defined treason, referencing those who chose not to stand and clap for him during the SOTU speech:

“You’re up there and you’ve got half the room going totally crazy, wild—they loved everything, they want to do something great for our country. And you have the other side, even on positive news . . . they were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, ‘treasonous.’ I mean, yeah, I guess, why not? Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

Chicks
07-17-2018, 07:49 PM
There you go again. Please post for me specifically where I stated that I "loved" or otherwise spoke favorably of "Donny's performance" in Helsinki.

Chicklet, let me help you with something: if you have to lie, fudge, exaggerate, mis-state or otherwise mis-characterize someone else or their statements to make your point, maybe the real issue is that you have no point at all.

Simple, dummy. You paint everyone here who dares to criticize your hero Donny with a very broad brush, as a "lefty". Your undying loyalty to Donny is pathetic. You can't let even the slightest criticism of him go.

You, in return, will continue to be seen as the resident Trumpie, with all the baggage of all Trumpies, including the David Dukes.

Got it? Simpleton. :rolleyes:

bobabode
07-17-2018, 08:14 PM

Argumentum absurdum by an absurd person.

finnbow
07-17-2018, 08:35 PM
@Dictionarycom

Patriot: A person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

Traitor: A person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

https://twitter.com/Dictionarycom/status/1018903934390464512

There you have it.

Chicks
07-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Great interview with Republican Rep Will Hurd of TX on the PBS News Hour, explaining how Donny was played by Pootin. Hurd spent 10 years with CIA, so understands the former KGB agent running Russia FAR better than the idiot in chief ever will.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/putin-driving-a-wedge-between-u-s-and-allies-hurd-says

whell
07-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Pretty much everybody on Fox other than Hannity criticized Trump yesterday. Are they also anti-Trump?

Using your twisted definition, its entirely possible.

whell
07-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Argumentum absurdum by an absurd person.

You're right. Finn was being absurd, so that debate tactic, a.k.a. reductio ad absurdum, was quite appropriate.

finnbow
07-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Using your twisted definition, its entirely possible.

I'm using your logic, dimwit. After your defense of Trump's Helsinki debacle, it's clear that there is absolutely nothing you won't defend your Dear Leader for doing. Feckin' lapdog. I'm starting to think you're as dumb as Louie Gohmert (though somehow I think you may take that as a compliment).:rolleyes:

Oerets
07-18-2018, 08:46 AM
It now seems Russia could invade the USA in order to keep Putin's Poodle in power, getting little feedback from his true believers.

whell
07-18-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm using your logic, dimwit. After your defense of Trump's Helsinki debacle, it's clear that there is absolutely nothing you won't defend your Dear Leader for doing. Feckin' lapdog. I'm starting to think you're as dumb as Louie Gohmert (though somehow I think you may take that as a compliment).:rolleyes:

Apparently, pissant, you're using no logic at all since I didn't defend "Trump's Helsinki debacle". And of course our discussion of YOUR logic had nothing to do with Helsinki. Rather it was a discussion of whether the WSJ editorial board has been historically supportive of Trump or not. Please try to keep up with these discussions if you're going to participate.

finnbow
07-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Apparently, pissant, you're using no logic at all since I didn't defend "Trump's Helsinki debacle".

What? That's what this thread is all about - your MAGA "America First" Dear Leader putting Russia first and there has been nothing but whining, misdirecting and obfuscating from you on the topic. Are you now willing to condemn Trump's behavior in Brussels, the UK and/or Helsinki or do you really want to keep dancing around it?

finnbow
07-18-2018, 11:56 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not believe Russia is still targeting the United States, contradicting U.S. intelligence assessments that Moscow was continuing to meddle in American elections.

Trump on Tuesday tried to walk back comments that he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin over American intelligence chiefs on Russian interference in the 2016 election. Asked on Wednesday if Russia was still targeting the United States, Trump said, "No."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asked-russia-still-targeting-u-trump-says-no-163850995.html

This is a flat denial of what Dan Coats, DNI, said just a couple days back.

Chicks
07-18-2018, 12:38 PM
25th amendment time. Get this lunatic out of the Oval.

Chicks
07-18-2018, 06:48 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37353544_2459675310716823_8681151670073163776_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=d70b3481e34dfa363663201635cd1a02&oe=5BE1FBFC

Chicks
07-19-2018, 01:10 AM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
So many people at the higher ends of Russian Intelligence loved my press conference performance in Helsinki.
2:53 AM · Jul 18, 2018

Fixed it for you Donny!

Chicks
07-19-2018, 09:44 AM
Outrage erupts over Trump-Putin ‘conversation’ about letting Russia interrogate ex-U.S. diplomat Michael McFaul

This is simply unprecedented. This wouldn’t have been considered for a nanosecond by a real administration. You’d have to be as dimwitted as Whell to think otherwise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/19/trump-putin-conversation-about-russian-interrogation-of-u-s-diplomat-prompts-outrage-astonishment/

Chicks
07-19-2018, 10:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Did-FyJX4AAuSUj?format=jpg

donquixote99
07-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Looks like Big Brother to me!

Chicks
07-19-2018, 01:24 PM
The Worst Security Risk in U.S. History
No one knows what President Trump told Vladimir Putin in Helsinki—or why even his own national-security adviser was excluded from the room.

DAVID FRUM
1:43 PM ET

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/putin-trump/565604/

BlueStreak
07-20-2018, 01:02 AM
I know that every time Trump opens his pie hole he makes it worse and it's friggin' hilarious. Does anybody still believe that dumbass built a multibillion dollar business on his own? I don't know who is really behind the flashy façade making things tick at Trump Enterprise but, it sure can't be that barely literate half-wit.

whell
07-20-2018, 07:22 AM
Simple, dummy. You paint everyone here who dares to criticize your hero Donny with a very broad brush, as a "lefty". Your undying loyalty to Donny is pathetic. You can't let even the slightest criticism of him go.

You, in return, will continue to be seen as the resident Trumpie, with all the baggage of all Trumpies, including the David Dukes.

Got it? Simpleton. :rolleyes:

Couldn't find even one example to support your bogus claim, so you try to replace actual proof with two paragraphs of gibberish. Figures. :rolleyes:

Chicks
07-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Whell loudly and incessantly supports a hateful bigot. That makes him a hateful bigot. He somehow doesn’t get that. Sad!

Chicks
07-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Russia's Interference in the US Judiciary

Great report from the nonpartisan Atlantic Council. Whell’s Dear Leader is in bed with Pootin, who is manipulating our legal system, and penetrating deeply into our voting systems. Whell continues to defend this traitor. Shame!

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/publications/reports/russia-s-interference-in-the-us-judiciary

Chicks
07-20-2018, 09:31 AM
A Theory of Trump Kompromat

Donny’s long history of money laundering for the Russians will be public knowledge eventually. It is, of course, why he’s desperate to shut down Mueller’s investigation.

https://www.newyorker.com/news-desk/swamp-chronicles/a-theory-of-trump-kompromat

Rajoo
07-20-2018, 09:51 AM
The Worst Security Risk in U.S. History
No one knows what President Trump told Vladimir Putin in Helsinki—or why even his own national-security adviser was excluded from the room.

DAVID FRUM
1:43 PM ET

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/putin-trump/565604/

Wonder what sort of NDA the US interpreter has signed, probably something bulletproof.

Rajoo
07-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Wonder what sort of NDA the US interpreter has signed, probably something bulletproof.

July 19, 2018

WASHINGTON — Marina Gross, the only other American in the room during President Trump’s meeting on Monday with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, was the interpreter for Laura Bush at the Russian resort of Sochi in 2008 and interpreted for former Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson in Moscow in 2017. She appears to live in an apartment in Arlington, Va., is an employee of the State Department and is, unsurprisingly, fluent in Russian.

Little else is known publicly about Ms. Gross, who has been thrust into the spotlight as potential corroboration for what transpired between the two leaders during their two-hour meeting in Helsinki, Finland. As furor over the meeting grows, she faces increasing calls from Congress to testify about what she heard. Her fellow interpreters, who pride themselves on their discretion and invisibility, are outraged about those demands.

Ms. Gross’s white pad of notes, visible in photographs from the summit meeting, are probably useless, experienced government interpreters said, dictated in her personal shorthand that would be illegible to anyone else. And if she were to say what, exactly, transpired, she would violate an ethics code of confidentiality similar to lawyer-client privilege or the silence of a priest during confession.

Only Mr. Trump, who has alternately contradicted his own narrative of what was said and complained about a lack of fair coverage from a meeting only four people witnessed, could permit Ms. Gross to tell anyone about what she heard. The White House has not said whether Mr. Trump has asked her to do that.

“This is an absolutely nightmarish situation for anyone to be in,” said Stephanie van Reigersberg, who assigned interpreters to such meetings as the chief of the interpreting division in the State Department’s Office of Language Services for 18 years. “It’s a very difficult situation to be in, both in the point of her being asked to give information about what was a confidential meeting and because when you’re doing that kind of interpreting, there are memory issues.”

But some lawmakers have already called for Ms. Gross’s notes, wary of what assurances were exchanged between a Russian leader known for blatant denials and an American president known for frequent falsehoods.

“Given this history, the American people deserve to know if Trump used his position or this meeting with Putin to continue to pursue his own financial interests,” Representative Bill Pascrell Jr., Democrat of New Jersey, wrote in a letter this week asking the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to hear public testimony from Ms. Gross.

So far that seems unlikely. Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee voted to deny a formal attempt from Democrats on Thursday to subpoena Ms. Gross, and State Department officials declined to comment on a hypothetical situation.

Yet Benghazi still lives on. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/politics/trump-putin-interpreter.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Chicks
07-20-2018, 10:15 AM
GOP Rep Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by Putin

Finally, an honest Repube! A wake up call to his fellow congressmen. Hope they can stop being frightened by Donny’s ignoramus base and do the right thing. Unlikely, sadly.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/785888/gop-rep-hurd-says-trump-being-manipulated-by-putin

Rajoo
07-20-2018, 10:44 AM
White House advisers are in an “uproar” over an interview that Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats gave to NBC News, according to reporting in The Post this morning.

As well they should be. After all, Coats starkly warned that Russia is currently trying to “wreak havoc over our elections” — meaning Russia is trying to do this right now — and is working to “divide us” from our “allies.” No wonder White House advisers are worked up — after all, Russia already got away with sabotaging our last election, and they’re trying to do it again.

Okay, I’m kidding. Here’s what really upset them about this Coats interview:

Inside the White House, Trump’s advisers were in an uproar over Coats’s interview in Aspen, Colo. They said the optics were especially damaging, noting that at moments Coats appeared to be laughing at the president, playing to his audience of the intellectual elite in a manner that was sure to infuriate Trump.

“Coats has gone rogue,” said one senior White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide a candid assessment.

Now here is how a sycophant sounds like:
Just yesterday, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said this about Russia and the 2016 election:

“I haven’t seen any evidence that the attempts to interfere in our election infrastructure was to favor a particular political party.”

Nielsen sounds like a Bulgarian from the 80's.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/07/20/a-top-intelligence-official-just-issued-a-stark-warning-about-russia-to-this-white-house-hes-gone-rogue/?utm_term=.4c7b0fd3b3d5

Chicks
07-20-2018, 05:01 PM
TRUMP’S LOYALTIES LIE WITH PUTIN’S RUSSIA, CLAIMS SALLY YATES

She’s not wrong. Any thinking person must surely realize by now where Donny’s loyalties are. Shameful, yet the majority of Repubes still support the traitor.

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-loyalties-lie-putins-russia-claims-sally-yates-1034414

Chicks
07-21-2018, 01:14 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37291762_10215028341115058_8591646364100722688_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFVw-VNfwhTQWIlj73KW4S9Wmx7wGXviBsQ3bL0QVGWJmh81EqnnVvp wYmiJMFFScb51X8f_U_ksuyTIkllcElMs2Teums-9D1TUCbBNsmJUQ&oh=dab9cad0697ad50bb73cf9d73a5965b1&oe=5BD07D23

Chicks
07-22-2018, 11:58 AM
The Accused Russian Agent as Trump Republican

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-22/accused-russian-spy-as-trump-republican

In a Republican Party where many are still wary of gangster politics, Butina chose her targets well. The gun militants of the NRA and the Christian militants of the religious right are Trump’s most unflinching supporters and pillars of the GOP’s authoritarian-racial wing. Those who are not already fans of Putin’s racist, homophobic, macho and militaristic Mother Russia are increasingly Putin-curious.

Putin clearly sees the potential for transnational white Christian solidarity. Dozens of Russians attended the most recent National Prayer Breakfast in February. As the New York Times reported:

In 2013, Bryan Fischer, then a spokesman for the American Family Association, called Mr. Putin a “lion of Christianity.” In 2014, Franklin Graham — the politically influential evangelist and vocal Trump supporter — defended Mr. Putin for his efforts “to protect his nation’s children from the damaging effects of any gay and lesbian agenda,” even as he lamented that Americans have “abdicated our moral leadership.” In December 2015, Mr. Graham met privately with Mr. Putin for 45 minutes.

Butina didn’t camouflage her Putin connections in courting the NRA. She flaunted them. She worked as an assistant to Alexander Torshin, a Putin crony, oligarch and high-ranking member of United Russia, who had already been welcomed into the NRA’s embrace with a lifetime membership and social engagements with NRA leaders – despite credible allegations that he is has connections to organized crime.

Rajoo
07-22-2018, 12:24 PM
"How do you solve a problem like Maria"? :D
Except this is not a cute story like Sound of Music.
We have sex, guns, deceit and NRA in the mix. And a very good reason to follow the NRA-Russia money trail. TV networks for sure will be cashing on this bonanza since SHS has become so predictable and boring. :)

Chicks
07-24-2018, 08:10 PM
A majority thinks Russia has dirt on Trump, a new poll shows

By a 51-to-35 percent margin, U.S. voters are convinced the Russian government has dirt on Trump, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll.

His overall approval rating now sits at 38 percent, compared with 58 percent disapproval, according to the poll.

The Real Clear Politics average of polls shows that Trump's rating is underwater by nearly 10 points.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/24/majority-believes-russia-has-dirt-on-trump-poll.html

Chicks
07-25-2018, 06:33 PM
House conservatives move to impeach Rosenstein

The usual suspects, sigh. Let's see whether Paul Ryan will stand up to them for a change. Doubtful.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/25/house-conservatives-move-to-impeach-rosenstein-743238

Rajoo
07-25-2018, 07:42 PM
^^ Just bluster from 'Gym' Jordan and his band of traitors.
He needs to worry about his own pending legal troubles since he has been named in one of the two class action lawsuits against Ohio State.

Rajoo
07-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Under Mr. Rosenstein’s supervision, Christopher Steele’s political opposition research was neither vetted before it was used in October 2016 nor fully revealed to the FISC, given Director Comey’s June 2017 testimony the dossier was “salacious and unverified.”

Rosenstein was sworn in in April of 2017. :rolleyes:

https://meadows.house.gov/uploadedfiles/7.25.2018_articles.pdf