PDA

View Full Version : Kids in China

JJIII
05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
What the heck is going on in China? Five (I think) attacks in recent days on kids and teachers in school by animals with knives?

Grumpy
05-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Lead in their toys ?

BlueStreak
05-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Five murderous lunatics out of a billion+ people? Not a bad statistic. I wonder how many people are stabbed/shot/bludgeoned here everyday?

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Five murderous lunatics out of a billion+ people? Not a bad statistic. I wonder how many people are stabbed/shot/bludgeoned here everyday?

Regards,
Dave

I wonder whether their kids have to pass through a metal detector when they go to school.

John

JJIII
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Not a bad statistic.

Regards,
Dave

Tell that to the dead/wounded and their families.

Boreas
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Tell that to the dead/wounded and their families.

I don't think Dave is insensitive to the tragedy of these acts on a personal level. It's just that your post seems to suggest that these deaths in China are somehow aberrant and say something about China as distinct from other places. I don't think that's the case. We need only look at our own country to see that this sort of thing is tragically commonplace.

John

finnbow
05-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't think Dave is insensitive to the tragedy of these acts on a personal level. It's just that your post seems to suggest that these deaths in China are somehow aberrant and say something about China as distinct from other places. I don't think that's the case. We need only look at our own country to see that this sort of thing is tragically commonplace.

John

I think there is probably as much mayhem in the poor parts of DC and the adjoining county of Maryland (Prince George's) as there is in the whole of China.

At least in China, the attackers use knives (in contrast to Columbine High School and Virginia Tech).

merrylander
05-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Well some of the attackers used poisoned baby formula.

JJIII
05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
"It was the fifth major assault on young students in China since late March " (from Associated Press)

I mention China only because that's where they have happened.

I don't recall a flurry of attacks like this in such a short time period anywhere in the U.S.A.

My question was intended to help understand, if possible, what caused the flurry, not as an indictment.

Boreas
05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't recall a flurry of attacks like this in such a short time period anywhere in the U.S.A.

Chicago. That's just one city in the country. The Chinese stats are for the entire country.

John

JJIII
05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Chicago. That's just one city in the country. The Chinese stats are for the entire country.

John

Are you saying there have been a series of attacks resulting in multiple deaths and injuries ("nearly a hundred" [Voice of America News]) in kindergarten and elementary schools in Chicago in a two month period?

If that is true I am sadly uninformed.:(

Boreas
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Are you saying there have been a series of attacks resulting in multiple deaths and injuries ("nearly a hundred" [Voice of America News]) in kindergarten and elementary schools in Chicago in a two month period?

If that is true I am sadly uninformed.:(

Here you go: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/07/us/07chicago.html

John

JJIII
05-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Here you go: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/07/us/07chicago.html

John

Two entirely different scenarios. I referred to adults going into primary schools and killing/wounding multiple victims at one time on school grounds

The article you linked refers to mostly teenage kids doing harm to each other, mostly off school grounds. The numbers don't match either.

I'm not saying that there is not a big problem in this country. I'm saying something is going on in another country and I am curious about what is causing the mass attacks on such young kids.

finnbow
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
We're even more culturally clueless about rural China than we are about our own inner cities. It's hard enough to get one's head around the causes of such deranged violence here in an open society (e.g., Columbine, VT, inner city Chicago). We'll probably never fully understand what motivates the crazies over there.

piece-itpete
05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Godless communism, it's driving them insane :D

Seriously, it is weird. Why do they go after the kids?

Pete

Boreas
05-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Two entirely different scenarios. I referred to adults going into primary schools and killing/wounding multiple victims at one time on school grounds

But your posts haven't provided any details or a link to the story you're referring to. Until now I didn't know it was adults killing school children.

Also, I'm not sure exactly what important difference that makes.

John

Sandy G
05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
One thing I'd think you can be pretty sure of-the perps won't get to see Old Age...And the Chicoms won't give a shyte over their motivation, no agonisin' over if they're crazy, whether their mommies were good to 'em, interminable appeals, no anti-death penalty protests, etc...They'll have a kangaroo court, take 'em out back, kneel 'em down, & put a bullet in the back of their heads. Nighty-night, & then bill their families for the cost of the bullet. Next case...

Boreas
05-12-2010, 03:30 PM
They'll have a kangaroo court, take 'em out back, kneel 'em down, & put a bullet in the back of their heads. Nighty-night, & then harvest their organs and bill their families for the cost of the bullet. Next case...

Fixed it for you.

John

d-ray657
05-12-2010, 03:32 PM
"It was the fifth major assault on young students in China since late March " (from Associated Press)

I mention China only because that's where they have happened.

My question was intended to help understand, if possible, what caused the flurry, not as an indictment.

JJ, I see where you are coming from. I am continually baffled by what motivates people to evil, and there is no way to describe the slaughtering of innocents other than evil.

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
But your posts haven't provided any details or a link to the story you're referring to. Until now I didn't know it was adults killing school children.

Also, I'm not sure exactly what important difference that makes.

John

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37098921/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100512/wl_time/08599198875800

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/05/11/china.school.attack/index.html

My original question dealt with mass attacks on young school children. These links are just a smattering of the stories dealing with what I am talking about. Google "Attacks on school children in China" and any way you can rearrange those words and you will find what I mean. Changing the subject doesn't serve any useful purpose in this discussion.

The important difference is these are not teenagers killing each other over hormone related violence. This is adults "eating their young". I'd like to know why.

Charles
05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Godless communism, it's driving them insane :D

Seriously, it is weird. Why do they go after the kids?

Pete

They're nuts. That's why they do it.

Chas

d-ray657
05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
They're nuts. That's why they do it.

Chas

I know I'm far from the most religious person on this board, but I think it's more than being nuts. In addition to having something wrong with their head, I think there's something wrong with their soul. I'm not quite sure how to define it, but such conduct is clearly evil. Saying they are nuts tends to alleviate the magnitude of their offense.

Next week's sermon will be on tithing.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
05-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I know I'm far from the most religious person on this board, but I think it's more than being nuts. In addition to having something wrong with their head, I think there's something wrong with their soul. I'm not quite sure how to define it, but such conduct is clearly evil. Saying they are nuts tends to alleviate the magnitude of their offense.

Regards,

D-Ray

Perhaps dismissing them as being nuts is overly simplistic. Is "criminally insane" any better?

While a terrorist may bomb a school for political reasons, an insane person may shoot a group of children because the voices in his head tell him to do it.

Guess I'm kind of a "Big Picture" kind of guy concerning this type of behavior. I don't much care how they're described or what their reasons are...just kill 'em like an egg sucking dog.

We don't need 'em around.

Chas

PS: My wife's home early. Adios.

Sandy G
05-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Bingo on what Chas said. They're irretrievably messed up. Bad outta the box. Fundamentally flawed. The sooner they get to take their Eternal Dirt Nap, the better.

merrylander
05-13-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm with Chas and Sandy, everytime we see this sort of thing on the news Florence will look at me and ask"Why do some people do these things". My answer is always the same, if I knew then I would probably be as bad as they are, bad wiring in their brains, no conscience, who knows,but they can't be fixed with what we know today and they can't be turned loose on society.

piece-itpete
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
One thing I'd think you can be pretty sure of-the perps won't get to see Old Age...And the Chicoms won't give a shyte over their motivation, no agonisin' over if they're crazy, whether their mommies were good to 'em, interminable appeals, no anti-death penalty protests, etc...They'll have a kangaroo court, take 'em out back, kneel 'em down, & put a bullet in the back of their heads. Nighty-night, & then bill their families for the cost of the bullet. Next case...

They don't do the bullet in the head anymore, they have mobile execution buses.

Regards,

D-Ray

I agree. Probably possessed but at least 'under the influence'. Although it would be difficult for a non Christian to understand.

So tithing - for or against? :D

Pete

BlueStreak
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
So tithing - for or against? :D

Pete

We all tithe whether we like it or not. It's called the "Faith Based Initiative". My Dad called it "The Jesus Tax".:p (Thank you GWB.)
Beyond that, I would say if you wish to waste ten percent of your income supporting the organized religion industry, that's your business.

Regards,
Dave

piece-itpete
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Organised religion gets pounded very hard, and often for very good reason.

However the church I grew up in was full of very decent folks. Even though the members were overall generous we were constantly in the red from giving too much.

Pete

BlueStreak
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, then, by all means give and give as generously as you can, Pete.

The one I grew up in was full of good folks too. And one Reverend in particular affected my life in a very profound way. But he is dead and that church is 500 miles away. I'm sure there are some good ones around here, but as I've grown older and watched religion become more and more of a political tool, my distaste for it has grown. I don't think I could stomach it anymore.

Dave

Charles
05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
I've only meet one preacher that interested me. I suspect that he had some real life experiences before he took up the Good Book. Hellfire and Damnation wasn't his bag.

He was one of the most likable and reasonable people I've ever met. Funny thing is, the majority of the flock thought he was a dud.

Oh well, God spends as much time on the creek bank as he does in Church.

Chas

piece-itpete
05-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh well, God spends as much time on the creek bank as he does in Church.

Chas

For sure.

Pete

piece-itpete
05-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Well, then, by all means give and give as generously as you can, Pete.

The one I grew up in was full of good folks too. And one Reverend in particular affected my life in a very profound way. But he is dead and that church is 500 miles away. I'm sure there are some good ones around here, but as I've grown older and watched religion become more and more of a political tool, my distaste for it has grown. I don't think I could stomach it anymore.

Dave

The (still!!) current issue of the Catholic Church is the lastest in a string of corruption in religion that goes back to the beginning of recorded history and includes all religions.

We've got nice-haired tv preachers ripping off old ladies, charlatans duping uncertain folks...

I suspect we're not as far apart as we think :D

Pete

d-ray657
05-17-2010, 11:57 AM
The (still!!) current issue of the Catholic Church is the lastest in a string of corruption in religion that goes back to the beginning of recorded history and includes all religions.

We've got nice-haired tv preachers ripping off old ladies, charlatans duping uncertain folks...

I suspect we're not as far apart as we think :D

Pete

Dadgummit Pete, How am I supposed to hate all Republicans when you go off and say something reasonable.:D

I really don't hate anyone, although I do have a hard time conjuring up Christian love for Cheney and Limbaugh. Suppose I oughta work on that.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Dadgummit Pete, How am I supposed to hate all Republicans when you go off and say something reasonable.:D

I really don't hate anyone, although I do have a hard time conjuring up Christian love for Cheney and Limbaugh. Suppose I oughta work on that.

Regards,

D-Ray

I'll probably tick off a handful of my party mates when I say Limburgher reminds me of the nice haired folks sometimes. Although most people I know who listen to him are Democrats. Cheney, although I like him, if he's 1/10th as evil as the left believes he'll need all the help he can get.

Yes, pray, pray for your enemies :D

Pete

BlueStreak
05-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Organised religion gets pounded very hard, and often for very good reason.

However the church I grew up in was full of very decent folks. Even though the members were overall generous we were constantly in the red from giving too much.

Pete

So, "giving" and generosity, even to the point of running into "the red" is the Christian way? Somebody needs to tell the Republican Party. They appear to to be a bunch of tight fisted bastards who think Jesus hated the poor. "WWJD":p

Regards,
Dave

piece-itpete
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey, we're not the ones who hate poor African folks :p

Pete

d-ray657
05-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I'll probably tick off a handful of my party mates when I say Limburgher reminds me of the nice haired folks sometimes. Although most people I know who listen to him are Democrats. Cheney, although I like him, if he's 1/10th as evil as the left believes he'll need all the help he can get.

Yes, pray, pray for your enemies :D

Pete

"Nice haired folk?" Are you referring to televangelists? Doesn't seem to fit. Sure he's selling snake oil, but he's about as reverent as a pimp.

Regards,

D-Ray

Sandy G
05-18-2010, 03:09 PM
So are a lot of the TV preachers. I LOVE the YouTube series of Robert Tilton farting...Reminds me somewhat of a leader of a fairly large country in middle Europe in the Thirties who held rather large rallies & tended to get his followers whipped into a frenzy at said rallies...

piece-itpete
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Just came across this, might find it interesting...

http://www.slate.com/id/2254176?obref=obinsite

Pete

JJIII
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks Pete. That gives me something to chew on.

piece-itpete
05-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, a whole country ready to crack, with 1/4 of the worlds population and ALL the money :)

Pete