PDA

View Full Version : Since when is America

Twodogs
06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
one of the biggest Muslim nations? I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.:( Thanks goodness ol Barry got me lined out this morning. I guess I'll have to get my prayer mat and Karon (spelling?) ordered. But hey, I guess there is an upside; If I kill some infidels I'll get me 72 virgins on the other side. :rolleyes:

Sandy G
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
The "72 Virgins" business has always struck me as monumentally stupid. First, as many of you know, I'm a very good friends w/a 17-yr old girl, I consider her the daughter I never had. I'm pretty sure she's still a virgin, she's very religious, & I've had lots of talks w/her about stuff like that, where I've tried to tell her a lifetime of regret isn't worth 5 minutes of pleasure...I could no more deflower some poor, innocent girl like her & traumatise her for the rest of her life than I could grow horns. It just ain't right doin' stuff like that. Not to me it isn't. Secondly, who wants a scared little girl, anyway ? Gimme a good ol' Road Whore who knows what the hell she's doing in the 1st place, & knows how to pleasure a man in the second...Next, after you deflower 72 little girls, what the hell THEN ? Eternity's a long damn time, let's say you can control yrself & only knock off one every other day...That's still only 144 days...Whaddya do for the REST of eternity ? "I blew myself up for THIS ?!? Squallin' ass little girls that I don't particularly like, they cry all the time, I had a good life back on the earth, I had a wife & a son who loved me, I made a good living..." Maybe I'm missing the point of the whole thing, but the promise of 72 virgins for dying after killing a few infidels sounds like a sucker bet to me...Another thing, I don't wanna kill anybody...There ARE a few I'd like to Jap-slap upside the head, & maybe plant my size 14 wide squarely up the backsides thereof, but KILL ? Nah.

noonereal
06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
one of the biggest Muslim nations? I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.:( Thanks goodness ol Barry got me lined out this morning. I guess I'll have to get my prayer mat and Karon (spelling?) ordered. But hey, I guess there is an upside; If I kill some infidels I'll get me 72 virgins on the other side. :rolleyes:

I thought it an effective speech. Even most cons begrudgingly agreed.

noonereal
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Gimme a good ol' Road Whore

Now that right there is what I'm talkin' bout.

soundhound
06-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.

i never knew that we WERE a christian nation. i always thought we were a nation that seperated church from state. as a christian, i've often noticed that our government has NOT seperated church from state, and as a citizen of a "free" country, i'm not too happy about that fact.

we are not supposed to be a "christian nation" or a "muslim nation". we are supposed to be a nation of citizens who have the right to believe and worship as we see fit, free from government control. our government is supposed to uphold the constitution, that is all. i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.

merrylander
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
As a small matter the founding fathers were Deists.

Ozmoid
06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.
There's a statement I can agree with wholeheartedly.

wajobu
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
From my perspective, I don't want my Nation to have a religious foundation. In my opinion, Faith, is a very personal thing--no one can tell me what to think or believe nor should I be able to dictate this to others.

Sandy G
06-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Aye-Yup...

Twodogs
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
i never knew that we WERE a christian nation. i always thought we were a nation that seperated church from state. as a christian, i've often noticed that our government has NOT seperated church from state, and as a citizen of a "free" country, i'm not too happy about that fact.

we are not supposed to be a "christian nation" or a "muslim nation". we are supposed to be a nation of citizens who have the right to believe and worship as we see fit, free from government control. our government is supposed to uphold the constitution, that is all. i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.

I wasn't really talking about the government being Christian, but instead, the majority of the citizens. If the most "popular" religion in America is not Christianity, then what is it?:confused:

merrylander
06-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Religious nut cases?

soundhound
06-06-2009, 09:29 PM
capitalists?

Combwork
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM

I don't understand the maths. Is this man saying that out of the total population of America, over 50% are Muslims? Or is he saying that out of the total number of religious believers of ANY faith, over 50% are Muslims?

merrylander
06-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Just the usual 'taking words out of context', Obama said that there are many muslims in the U.S. and that there mosques in each of the 50 states. I know there is one not far from where I live. In fact a woman around here drives her car wearing a bourka - effing accident looking for a place to happen - she got the licence pleading freedom of religion - except according to her religion she would not be allowed to drive a car let alone leave the house alone.

Twodogs
06-07-2009, 03:20 PM
This is what he said; "And one of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world," Mr. Obama said. "

I guess that would be true if you didn't count the nearly 40 countries that have "more" muslims than the United States.:rolleyes: I'm not sure how that is "out of context".:confused:

soundhound
06-07-2009, 11:55 PM
maybe his speech writers got laid off.

what he was trying to say was that the united states has a large arabic population. while certainly a minority, there are enough muslims in the US to prove that we are not at war with the muslim faith, but with extremists.

while the majority of american citizens may be christians, there are many other americans who are not. and since we "seperate church and state", people of all religions live in relative harmony in this country, and all have equal rights under the law.

obama seems to be trying a different approach. i find it refreshing.

the old "let's manipulate their governments covertly to keep them weak and unstable by helping to install a tyrannical leader, and let's starve them economically with sanctions out the ass, then bomb the shit of 'em once in a while, and if they cause too much trouble, or try to cut off the oil, we'll invade and topple their government" approach we've been using since WWII just ain't workin' out for us.

merrylander
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Note that the only countries with a greater population than ours are China and India, and neither one is muslim.

Twodogs
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but http://www.factbook.net/muslim_pop.php

I guess the point I was trying to make is the fact that "facts" don't seem very important to the current administration. Some of the numbers have to be pulled straight out of the air (unemployment claims come to mind).:(

soundhound
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
i'd call 278 million muslims a good few.

OvenMaster
06-08-2009, 11:10 PM
...I've tried to tell her a lifetime of regret isn't worth 5 minutes of pleasure...
That long???:D

OvenMaster
06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
capitalists?
If you mean worshiping the Almighty Dollar, I agree.