PDA

View Full Version : One intellect supports another intellect

noonereal
05-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Does anyone else get ticked when stupid folks what to be in charge?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/05/palin_to_campaign_for_candidat.html

Fast_Eddie
05-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Wow - that reminds me of the guy who thought Haiti might tip over. Where do they find these guys?

noonereal
05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Sadly they don't have to look far.

finnbow
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
In the words of a great American, Bob Dylan:

"Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth
Blowing down the backroads headin’ south
Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth
You’re an idiot, babe
It’s a wonder that you still know how to breathe"

noonereal
05-21-2010, 09:52 PM
think I'll give blood on the tracks a spin :)

Boreas
05-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow - that reminds me of the guy who thought Haiti might tip over. Where do they find these guys?

Or the Vee Pee candidate who thought Africa was a country.

John

Charles
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Or the POTUS who said we have 57 states, or that Europe is a country.

Chas

Fast_Eddie
05-22-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

Wow Chas. I guess I expected better of you. I remember this incident. Clearly trying to say 48 contiguous states - one left to go, so 47. It's fine to have a laugh about it if you don't like the guy. But you don't believe he doesn't know how many states there are. I know you don't.

This clown noone posted really doesn't understand that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. And really, that is kinda sad. There's plenty of Democrats to pick on who are just as clueless if you want to drag them into it. I pointed out that guy who was worried Haiti would tip over. He was a Democrat wasn't he?

Boreas
05-22-2010, 04:38 PM
This clown noone posted really doesn't understand that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory.

Or care.

John

Charles
05-22-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

Wow Chas. I guess I expected better of you. I remember this incident. Clearly trying to say 48 contiguous states - one left to go, so 47. It's fine to have a laugh about it if you don't like the guy. But you don't believe he doesn't know how many states there are. I know you don't.

This clown noone posted really doesn't understand that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. And really, that is kinda sad. There's plenty of Democrats to pick on who are just as clueless if you want to drag them into it. I pointed out that guy who was worried Haiti would tip over. He was a Democrat wasn't he?

His point was that he didn't think that this is the time to make Puerto Rico a state, and whether he had misidentified PR as a country as opposed to a territory was irrelevant to his argument.

Gaffes such as this fellow just made, or the congressman worrying that Guam might tip over, or Obama talking about 57 states, or saying "countries like Europe" are hardly indications of anyone's intelligence.

Humorous perhaps, but not very telling.

BTW, congrats on your run. I did notice that your daughter didn't appear to be as tired as you were!!!

Chas

Boreas
05-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Gaffes such as this fellow just made, or the congressman worrying that Guam might tip over, or Obama talking about 57 states, or saying "countries like Europe" are hardly indications of anyone's intelligence.

They're indications of education, sophistication, intellectual curiosity and, yes, intelligence. These are all important qualities in our political leaders (which is what this boob wants to be). When it was pointed out that Puerto Rico wasn't a foreign country but a territory of his own country, the country he seeks to help govern, he responded with "I really don’t care what it is. It doesn't matter."

John

Charles
05-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Ignorance or apathy?

Chas

Boreas
05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Ignorance or apathy?

Chas

I'm sayin' it's both.

John

noonereal
05-22-2010, 06:56 PM
the absence of intellectual curiosity in a person always raises a flag

Charles
05-22-2010, 07:34 PM
the absence of intellectual curiosity in a person always raises a flag

What's there to be curious about?

Chas

JJIII
05-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Your feet stink and mine don't.

My feet stink and your's don't.

It all depends on which way your wind is blowing.

noonereal
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Chas

lol :D

BlueStreak
05-22-2010, 08:41 PM
I work with an automation programmer from Puerto Rico. One night he made a comment about illegal immigrants. And one of the plant wingnuts said, "If you don't like our laws just get out. Go back to the country you were born in." Jose replied, "I was born in this country you dumb fuck." "No you weren't, you were born over in Puerto Rico. Tee, he, he..."

Dave

d-ray657
05-23-2010, 01:26 AM

Chas

Yellow.

Charles
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Yellow.

Mellow?

Chas

d-ray657
05-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Mellow?

Chas

"I Am Curious (Yellow.)" One of a string of cases decided by the SCOTUS about obscenity, and found to have redeeming social value. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_%28Yellow%29

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
"I Am Curious (Yellow.)" One of a string of cases decided by the SCOTUS about obscenity, and found to have redeeming social value. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_%28Yellow%29

Regards,

D-Ray

So now I know.

They never showed that one at the Ritz.

Chas