PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd Advertisement

donquixote99
10-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Any one else see the ad here featuring a POEM? With the title "Democracy, the death of us." Click on it and you go to a site of poems and essays. It's fascist indoctrination, they criticize democracy and say authoritarianism is the natural way society ought to be. By no means read all of it but did see authoritarianism endorsed twice, using that word.

I find this artsy-intellectual approach in paid-for propaganda unusual and almost amazing. They paid for ads, but who's going to be susceptible to this sort of thing? A few bookish adolescents and adult neurotics? How is that going to be worth it?

But think about what this means. Money is being spent, not to directly market Trump (indeed, they have a poem that seems to dis him), but to push fascist ideology. Someone is investing in making fascism more acceptable in America. Who would want to do that enough to fund this silly poetry idea--besides someone working on bringing fascism to America?

nailer
10-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Not seeing a link.

You asked: Who's suseptable? You found it. ;)

donquixote99
10-02-2020, 10:16 AM
You are correct, these people don't get a free link from me. It is as I described it, trust me.

Susceptible would be if I took the pill they are pushing. My question was rhetorical; I said who I think will be susceptible, and I am not in either group at present.

But fascinating as I am, aren't you interested in the existence of a campaign to push classic fascist ideology in the U.S? With poetry? Does it sniff sort of Russian, perhaps?

Pio1980
10-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Any one else see the ad here featuring a POEM? With the title "Democracy, the death of us." Click on it and you go to a site of poems and essays. It's fascist indoctrination, they criticize democracy and say authoritarianism is the natural way society ought to be. By no means read all of it but did see authoritarianism endorsed twice, using that word.

I find this artsy-intellectual approach in paid-for propaganda unusual and almost amazing. They paid for ads, but who's going to be susceptible to this sort of thing? A few bookish adolescents and adult neurotics? How is that going to be worth it?

But think about what this means. Money is being spent, not to directly market Trump (indeed, they have a poem that seems to dis him), but to push fascist ideology. Someone is investing in making fascism more acceptable in America. Who would want to do that enough to fund this silly poetry idea--besides someone working on bringing fascism to America?
Simple, follow the money to the usual suspects, who already have most of it.

nailer
10-04-2020, 09:52 AM
You are correct, these people don't get a free link from me. It is as I described it, trust me.

Susceptible would be if I took the pill they are pushing. My question was rhetorical; I said who I think will be susceptible, and I am not in either group at present.

But fascinating as I am, aren't you interested in the existence of a campaign to push classic fascist ideology in the U.S? With poetry? Does it sniff sort of Russian, perhaps?

I'm indeed amused by your self fascination.

Dondilion
10-04-2020, 11:57 AM

You give Russia too much credit. To what degree is fascism local?

mpholland
10-04-2020, 12:02 PM
I blame the Canadians

donquixote99
10-04-2020, 12:05 PM
The Russia comment was an aesthetic observation, nothing more. Have no actual reason to thinks it's not home-grown.