PDA

View Full Version : The May 24 Cover of Time

d-ray657
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I love irony. The May 24 cover of Time Magazine has the headline "The New Sheriffs of Wall Street." It shows three women, looking all business. It essentially shouts, "These women have made it! They're at the top!" Then you look at the sub-headline - "The women charged with cleaning up the mess." It just struck me as ironic that they have made it to the top, and what are they doing - cleaning up messes. Talk about gender profiling.:rolleyes:

My secretary also appreciated the irony of the cover, and I appreciate the irony of sharing that moment with a woman who is, at least in the context of her role in our office, my subordinate - and probably one of the most capable people in the firm.

Regards,

D-Ray

sanse
05-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Behind every good man is a great woman.

Sandy G
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
1st thing that ran thru my feeble little devious mind was Betty Wright's 1972 hit, "The Clean-Up Woman"...But you all know what a truly sick 'n' warped bestid me am....

Charles
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
1st thing that ran thru my feeble little devious mind was Betty Wright's 1972 hit, "The Clean-Up Woman"...But you all know what a truly sick 'n' warped bestid me am....

I thought she handled the bimbo eruptions for Bubba.

Or was that Betsy Wright?

Chas

BlueStreak
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
My brother sent me some info on one of those women, Elizabeth Warren. I believe she has been on Bill Mahers show, although I haven't seen it. (Don't have HBO.) Brilliant person. Our government could use a few thousand more like her.

Dave

merrylander
05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
All three are brilliant, now we may hear some intelligent commentary on our financial problems. Up until now what I have heard from Wall Street has been on a par with the sounds from my younger days on the chicken farm.

Bair in particular warned them about where we were heading and those Masters of the Universe ignored her.

I should really call them Bast**ds of the Universe.

noonereal
05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Behind every good man is a great woman.

or not

piece-itpete
05-26-2010, 03:11 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Pete