PDA

View Full Version : So if the taxpayers own ±60% of GM...

OvenMaster
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
...and are therefore shareholders in the company, then is anyone able to tell me how I sell off my share of it for cash?
I could use the money.:)

Grumpy
06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Id like to know how I can get my employee discount.

Charles
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
"A journalist is someone who is unable to differate between a bicycle wreck and the end of civilization". H. L. Meneken

Typical top shelf reporting by the media. The taxpayer doesn't own GM, we're just on the hook for bill if the whole deal goes South. And on the hook for the interest payments regardless.

In other words, the politicians had gone out again and bought themselves something by writing another hot check on OUR collective overdrawn account.

Chas

OvenMaster
06-08-2009, 11:01 PM
The taxpayer doesn't own GM, we're just on the hook for bill if the whole deal goes South. And on the hook for the interest payments regardless.
If my money is going to something I own or rent or fund, then by God I should have a say in how it is spent. I don't WANT my money going to a dying/dead carcass of a dinosaur manufacturer. I do not CHOOSE to be on the hook for something I do not want or cannot afford.

I would simply love it if my yearly 1040 form had a checklist that gave me the choice of precisely directing where my tax dollars would be sent, and only with my approval. Car companies living in the 60's or banks run by criminals with diplomas would not make my list.