PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love BP

Grumpy
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
BP buys Google, Yahoo search words to keep people away from real news on Gulf oil spill disaster http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Political-Spin-Examiner~y2010m6d6-BP-buys-Google-Yahoo-search-engine-words-to-keep-people-away-from-real-news-on-Gulf-oil-spill-disas

You just have to love these guys...

finnbow
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Very classy indeed. I just did a Google search on oil spill. At least BP's shows up as a pink-highlighted sponsored link.

BTW, did you see the add this morning on the Sunday Talkies featuring Tony Hayward, the BP CEO? He's just so warm and fuzzy. I feel better already.

Boreas
06-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Very classy indeed. I just did a Google search on oil spill. At least BP's shows up as a pink-highlighted sponsored link.

Yes, and you can follow the link to "Learn more about how BP is helping".

By the way, did you see the sponsored link just below BP's? That's Mike Papantonio's firm that's conducting a class action suit against BP et al. I love that!

John

finnbow
06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, and you can follow the link to "Learn more about how BP is helping".

By the way, did you see the sponsored link just below BP's? That's Mike Papantonio's firm that's conducting a class action suit against BP et al. I love that!

John

Interesting. I saw 2 sponsored links earlier. Now, there's only one. I guess BP shoved more chips on the table.

Isn't it wonderful that BP is helping? With friends like BP, who needs enemies?

Boreas
06-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Interesting. I saw 2 sponsored links earlier. Now, there's only one. I guess BP shoved more chips on the table.

Isn't it wonderful that BP is helping? With friends like BP, who needs enemies?

Maybe it depends on the search terms. I just now googled "oil spill" and both BP and Levin Papantonio popped up.

[EDIT] Confirmed. I just googled "bp oil spill" and two sponsored links popped up, both for BP. Googling "gulf oil spill" brings up one BP link. So does "golf oil spill" so DJ should be okay.

John

d-ray657
06-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I never click on sponsored links when I am searching the internet, but I'm sure people do. No doubt there are plenty people ready to believe that corporations are the leaders of our economy, and thus people to be respected. They're ready to see someone who will affirm their misconceptions.

Regards,

D-Ray

Zeke
06-06-2010, 08:11 PM
To be honest, this was quite intelligent of BP.

Defending? "No."

But you must admit it's pretty slick...

Stereoholic
06-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Those who use Firefox with AdBlock Plus don't see any of those ads.

Combwork
06-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Those who use Firefox with AdBlock Plus don't see any of those ads.

It's often said that sooner or later, the truth will out. Not always been correct in the past but with private aircraft, news hounds and even satellites keeping an eye on this one, is it possible for B.P. to do anything more than delay information? They're in a cleft stick. Class actions seem always to take a long time to bring to Court. The longer B.P. tries to delay things, the more information (much of it adverse to them) could be available to the Court.