PDA

View Full Version : Gold at $1248

Grumpy
06-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Damn, wish I had some fillings to sell or something...

finnbow
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
In keeping with my "buy high, sell low" philosophy, it's time to go all in.

Charles
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
In keeping with my "buy high, sell low" philosophy, it's time to go all in.

Want me to line you up with some asset managers?

The best one I've heard was in a newsletter from State Farm, right after they had just lost 50% of my investment with them.

They stated, "Even professional investors are having a difficult time now."

I was so filled with confidence.

Chas

noonereal
06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I bought gold at $600 back in 1980. It was not until 2007 that I could sell it and break even. All gold is "fools gold."

Charles
06-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Gold isn't money, it's a commodity.

Chas

merrylander
06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Want me to line you up with some asset managers?

The best one I've heard was in a newsletter from State Farm, right after they had just lost 50% of my investment with them.

They stated, "Even professional investors are having a difficult time now."

I was so filled with confidence.

Chas

Got news for you, Smith Barney is no better. All these high salaried investment managers, to quote from a letter to the editor in today's WashPost - "It is said that cream always rises to the top - well so does scum.":rolleyes:

finnbow
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Got news for you, Smith Barney is no better. All these high salaried investment managers, to quote from a letter to the editor in today's WashPost - "It is said that cream always rises to the top - well so does scum.":rolleyes:

Hmmm. Smith Barney is "managing" my shekels (after they bought out Legg Mason, a local firm).

BTW Rob, your "scum" reference brings to mind a classic P.J. O'Rourke quote:

"When you looked at the Republicans, you saw the scum off the top of business. When you looked at the Democrats, you saw the scum off the top of politics. Personally, I prefer business. A businessman will steal from you directly instead of getting the IRS to do it for him. And when Republicans ruin the environment, destroy the supply of affordable housing, and wreck the industrial infrastructure, at least they make a buck off it. The Democrats just do these things for fun."

Sandy G
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I liked PJ's dissertation on how God is a Republican & Santa Claus is a Democrat... Santa is infinitely preferable to God on most accounts, but there's just one small, teeny-tiny problem-There ain't no such thing as Santy Claus...

Boreas
06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
... Santa is infinitely preferable to God on most accounts, but there's just one small, teeny-tiny problem-There ain't no such thing as Santy Claus...

And, if one's good, two is even better (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jude_Wanniski#The_Two_Santa_Claus_Theory)!

John

merrylander
06-18-2010, 11:46 AM
If Freidman is for it I am agin it.

Sandy G
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Even at $1258.30, which is where it is now-Kitco.com-it'd STILL have to go to nearly $3K an ounce to break the record set back 30 yrs ago, adjusting for inflation.

Charles
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I liked PJ's dissertation on how God is a Republican & Santa Claus is a Democrat... Santa is infinitely preferable to God on most accounts, but there's just one small, teeny-tiny problem-There ain't no such thing as Santy Claus...

Easy there feller, ya's gettin' mighty close ta mean mouthin' th' Easter Bunnie.

A' the best I remember, she wuz stacked like a brick crapper wit a raised panel door!!!

Chas