PDA

View Full Version : Would-be Times Square Bomber Pleads Guilty

finnbow
06-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Now that Faisal Shahzad has pleaded guilty to a 10 count indictment for his Times Square bombing attempt, I wonder if the wingnuts will lavish praise upon Eric Holder for a successful prosecution.:confused:

Per an article in the NYT, he began cooperating with federal authorities for more than two weeks without counsel and waived his Miranda rights. The only question would be whether Mr. Shahzad would be seeking some sort of leniency in sentencing in return for his assistance, something his lawyers may be seeking.

But legal experts say that absent any sort of written agreement — and there may be none since he cooperated for so long without a lawyer — the government is under no obligation to push for leniency for Mr. Shahzad, who faces a mandatory life sentence on two counts.

Charles
06-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Now that Faisal Shahzad has pleaded guilty to a 10 count indictment for his Times Square bombing attempt, I wonder if the wingnuts will lavish praise upon Eric Holder for a successful prosecution.:confused:

Per an article in the NYT, he began cooperating with federal authorities for more than two weeks without counsel and waived his Miranda rights. The only question would be whether Mr. Shahzad would be seeking some sort of leniency in sentencing in return for his assistance, something his lawyers may be seeking.

But legal experts say that absent any sort of written agreement — and there may be none since he cooperated for so long without a lawyer — the government is under no obligation to push for leniency for Mr. Shahzad, who faces a mandatory life sentence on two counts.

He waived his Miranda Rights and plead guilty to a ten count indictment?

My dog could have successfully prosecuted this idiot.

Chas

finnbow
06-21-2010, 07:47 PM
He waived his Miranda Rights and plead guilty to a ten count indictment?

My dog could have successfully prosecuted this idiot.

Chas

I take it you do recall all the Sturm und Drang put forth by the wingnuts after the dude was captured regarding Miranda Rights, etc. It seems like the Feds did the right thing in this instance without bamboo under fingernails, waterboarding and the like.

Boreas
06-21-2010, 07:56 PM

You do realize that nothing the Obama Administration does is acceptable to the Right, not even things they themselves would do if they were in power. I think this (http://article.nationalreview.com/436803/why-has-holder-indicted-the-times-square-bomber/andrew-c-mccarthy?page=1) is a pretty good indication of how the Right will respond in this case.

John

Charles
06-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I take it you do recall all the Sturm und Drang put forth by the wingnuts after the dude was captured regarding Miranda Rights, etc. It seems like the Feds did the right thing in this instance without bamboo under fingernails, waterboarding and the like.

I catch your drift, but this guy apparently wanted to spill his guts.

Chas

Charles
06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
You do realize that nothing the Obama Administration does is acceptable to the Right, not even things they themselves would do if they were in power. I think this (http://article.nationalreview.com/436803/why-has-holder-indicted-the-times-square-bomber/andrew-c-mccarthy?page=1) is a pretty good indication of how the Right will respond in this case.

John

I suppose us knuckledraggers are a little harsh when it comes to Gilligan.

Allow me to make amends by posting a little Jon Stewart, I know how you on the left love him so. And he hasn't been getting much airplay here.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/jon-stewart-obama-is-like-frodo-on-presidential-power----and-palin-is-gollum-video.php

No need to thank me,

Chas

Boreas
06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Allow me to make amends by posting a little Jon Stewart, I know how you on the left love him so. And he hasn't been getting much airplay here.

What I don't get is why you Roghties loved it when Bush did that shit but, now that Barry's the one doing it, suddenly you discover that you have a problem with it after all.

Personal growth?

John

Charles
06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
What I don't get is why you Roghties loved it when Bush did that shit but, now that Barry's the one doing it, suddenly you discover that you have a problem with it after all.

Personal growth?

John

I have no problem with the Big O adjusting to reality.

Chas

noonereal
06-22-2010, 07:30 AM
I have no problem with the Big O adjusting to reality.

Chas

He has had less trouble adjusting to reality than the golden spoon fed boy king. Probobly because he was not as sheltered nor as ignorant.

piece-itpete
06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Dave's blender idea should come into play here.

He's on his soapbox, let him rot.

Obama? Apparently the left doesn't believe turnabout is fair play :p

Besides, Obama brought this on himself promising all things to all people. The big reason I'm on him constantly is because he was, is, and (because he knew the crap he said was baloney when he said it) will be full of crap in the future. That isn't adjusting.

People believed him, particularly the kids. Silly.

Pete