PDA

View Full Version : Australian view on torture

Grumpy
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Found this on another board and have to say it made me laugh like hell. Does that make me racist ? Maybe to some but I don't think so.

T B. Bechtel, a City Councilor from Newcastle, was asked on a local radio
talk show just what he thought about the allegations of torture of suspected
terrorists.

His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause
from the audience.

HIS STATEMENT:

'If hooking up one rag-head terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery
to get the truth out of the lying little camelshagger will save just one
Australian life, then I have only three things to say,'

'Red is positive,
Black is negative, and
Make sure his nuts are wet.'

Ok just found out this is only part true and was never said buy the person in question. Its still funny as hell !!

merrylander
06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Actually that is not a rag they wear but a small folded sheet so it would be more appropriate to call them little sheet heads.

noonereal
06-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Actually that is not a rag they wear but a small folded sheet so it would be more appropriate to call them little sheet heads.

Now that's funny. ;)

Sandy G
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I kinda like that guy's thinkin'...Still not entirely convinced there aren't some shitholes that oughta still be smokin' nearly 8 years after 9/11...Just to show 'em, nothin' personal, boys, but WE MEAN BUSINESS.You DON'T bomb our cities & kill 3000 of us & get away w/it..Hope you like Strontium-90 for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for the next 25000 years...

Ozmoid
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
...Just to show 'em, nothin' personal, boys, but WE MEAN BUSINESS.

Now that's a good idea Sandy. If we could only find someone to elect who would ACTUALLY MEAN BUSINESS in this regard, you'd really have something. :cool:

No excuse at this late date for Bin Laden's head not be on a pike on the Whitehouse lawn. Shoulda been there a long time ago, IMO.

merrylander
06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
No excuse at this late date for Bin Laden's head not be on a pike on the Whitehouse lawn. Shoulda been there a long time ago, IMO.

It might have been if we had called in the B52s from Diego Suarez with some bunker busters insted of standing around watching the Afghans screw up at Tora Bora.

OvenMaster
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I'd heard someone call 'em diaper-heads. Seemed fitting to me.
I'll just add that the battery should be fully charged before use. :D

Charles
06-12-2009, 04:56 PM
It might have been if we had called in the B52s from Diego Suarez with some bunker busters insted of standing around watching the Afghans screw up at Tora Bora.

I don't know. Even if we still had a fleet of B52's capable of bombing the Afghans 24/7 for the duration, it may not have worked to out benefit. Even Shrub "The Cowboy" had better sense than that.

Being a Missourian, I've studied the Civil war in Missouri, which was pretty much a guerrilla conflict. The Federals won by being so brutal that the people finally lost the will to fight...openly. Don't forget that the James/Younger gang continued to operate for app 15 yrs after the war ended...and they did this with the support of the local population. And if these boys would have had access to WMD's, you can bet your bottom dollar they would have used them. During and after the war, a lot of people from Missouri had a severe case of the ass. Some still do.

General Petraus, to his credit, has more understanding of a guerrilla conflict than anyone else in the senior command of the military. IMHO. His success in Iraq has shown this.

The Middle East is a tough nut to crack. It's just as easy to make things worse as better.

Chas

merrylander
06-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Maybe, but while they had OBL in the caves, bringing the roof down on him would have put an end to him if nothing else.

Funny, as it turns out in researching family history I had a distant cousin, same name as me, who fought on the Union side, found records of the pension he received after being wounded in action. His wife died in childbirth, then his daughter died at age ten. He emmigrated to the U.S. from England and wound up in the army.

Charles
06-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Maybe, but while they had OBL in the caves, bringing the roof down on him would have put an end to him if nothing else.

Funny, as it turns out in researching family history I had a distant cousin, same name as me, who fought on the Union side, found records of the pension he received after being wounded in action. His wife died in childbirth, then his daughter died at age ten. He emmigrated to the U.S. from England and wound up in the army.

I'm not so sure they didn't drop the roof on him, he hasn't made any decent videos for awhile.

As far as Civil War veterans, I'm related to a few of them. On my dad's side (Scott/Irish) they were Confederates, my mother's side (German) they were union. One of my Great Uncles on my mothers side was a Union Officer...he was shot and killed when he attempted to arrest one of the local guerrillas.

Now on my wife's side, there were several who were Confederates. One who rode with George Todd was killed in a battle in the next county. I think they were all guerrillas.

In Missouri we had the Confederate regulars, who spent most of the war somewhere else. Then we had the Partisan Rangers, who were guerrillas with a letter form the Confederate government which made them quasi regulars...Quantrill was one. Then we had the plain guerrillas, who just went around doing as they damn well pleased. They were the nasty ones, they even made Quantrill look good. Then again, the Red Legs from Kansas weren't very nice either...they spent a lot of time over here murdering people, burning them out, and stealing everything they had. Hence the raid on Lawrence, Kansas.

Chas