PDA

View Full Version : Birther video............

BlueStreak
07-21-2010, 12:15 AM
..............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3Ax8UQ9ac&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy,
Dave

Boreas
07-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow, who'd a thunk the Evil Voodoo Magic Guy would be Canadian? So.... they must be in on it too!

John

merrylander
07-21-2010, 07:37 AM
He said Hey not Eh.

finnbow
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM
It makes perfect sense to me now that someone has taken the time to explain it.

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
It's dangerous to follow a link to Youtube. You see the links on the side to the related videos and end up burning some time. The video linked above was hilarious. Thanks, Dave. I followed a link to another video that was almost as funny. Chris Matthews politely shredded Gordon Liddy. Liddy in claiming that Obama was born in Kenya, came accross as an addled old man when he tried to respond to questions about the conspiracy. (No ageism intended there, Rob. Just an accurate description. You'd run circles around that doofus too.)

Not only are the claims lacking in logic, the birthers have to stretch the truth (uh, lie) to make their point. What Liddy referred to as a sworn deposition from Obama's paternal grandmother was an affidavit from another witness based upon hearsay. The witness claimed to have heard the grandmother state that Obama was born in Kenya. A review of the affidavit shows that the grandmother was asked a leading question through an interpreter. The question stated allegations that were partially true and partially false. She was asked whether she was present when Obama was born in Kenya, to which she responded yes. She later clarified that she was present at the birth in Hawaii.

That is the kind of question that I constantly warn witnesses about when I am preparing them for depositions or other testimony. The tendency is to hear the first part of the question and prepare to answer without hearing the whole question. In doing that, the witness would answer the question "were you present at the birth" without paying close enough attention to answer the rest of the question "in Kenya." I saw it happen as a rookie lawyer and vowed to never let that happen again. An objection to such a question would be sustained in court as an improper compound question, or as a question assuming facts not in evidence.

Sorry, to go on. I just don't like slick lawyering and I don't slick political operatives turned slimy talk show host.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
07-21-2010, 09:30 AM
When my Dad lost his right leg just below the knee in an industrial accident the company's lawyer tried that on him. The judge said answer yes or no, Dad very quickly said "Yes with reservations" giving his lawyer the opening to put the clarification before the court.

Boreas
07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
He said Hey not Eh.

Yeah, Rob, I know but the voice sounded just like Dave Thomas playing Doug McKenzie on the old SCTV show's "Great White North" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184).

John

BlueStreak
07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
My question has always been this;

If his mother was an American citizen, (And she was.) then would he not automatically be an American citizen upon birth regardless of where he was actually born?

Case in point;

I have a friend whose father was a French immigrant, his mother American. Charley was born in Marseilles, France while his parents were there visiting family. His parents returned to the US, with him of course, when he was an infant. He has dual citizenship because he was born in France, but his parents were American citizens.

Obamas mother was an American citizen, born in Kansas. His father was a Kenyan citizen, but here in the US on a legal student visa, AFAIK. So, as I see it, it really wouldn't matter if he had been born in Kenya. Just as it doesn't matter at all that John McCain was born in Panama. McCains parents were American citizens.

So, born in Kenya, born in Panama, born on the friggin' moon..........what difference does it really make? None, that's what. It's just another pointless bit of nothingness for dumbass teabaggers to rant about.

Dave

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I am skepitical of the foreign born thing. But Obama has obviously spared no expense on making his (recorded) past disappear. Why?

Pete

merrylander
07-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I am skepitical of the foreign born thing. But Obama has obviously spared no expense on making his (recorded) past disappear. Why?

Pete

Proof?

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Dave,

The Constitution requires that the person holding the office of president be a native born citizen. That has been what the birthers have been trying to make a big stink about. The facts have drained any shred of credibility that the birther's theory had.

Obama has always been an American citizen, a natural born American citizen - there is no question about either of those issues (except that Liddy was stupid enough to not know the difference - although it was Matthews asking the leading question - I think Matthews was just baiting him.)

Depending on the Kenyan laws at the time of Obama's birth, he might have had dual citizenship because of the citizenship of his father. Because Kenya was still technically a British possession at the time of his birth, he might have been born with British citizenship instead of Kenyan citizenship. In any event, his birth to a Kanyan national would have been a sufficient reason for Kenya to keep records of his birth to a Kenyan, because of the potential for dual citizenship.

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Proof?

Good question.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
07-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Proof?

Last night it was 86, and today my head hurts.

Chas

BlueStreak
07-21-2010, 12:40 PM

Pete

Really? We seem to know an awful lot about his past for it to have been hidden so well.
And what's to say that the other side hasn't been lying, fabricating or at least embellishing the negative points to serve an agenda. Do you really think that only goes one way?
Oh, that's right, they're squeaky clean God-fearing Republicans in the true Washingtonian tradition; "Father, I cannot tell a lie.":rolleyes: Silly me. There I go questioning the unshakeably pristine again.:p

Dave

Boreas
07-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Pete

Because it's an unwarranted invasion of his privacy and that of his family. The facts of Obama's birth are well established and verified. That this nonsense persists is a reflection on the utter cynicism and total dishonesty of Obama's political enemies and the incomprehensible credulity* of some Americans.

John

*That's a polite way of saying mind-boggling stupidity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc).

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Try to find anything on him! It's like his past pretty well vaporized.

Pete

Boreas
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Pete

As I said, Pete, the facts of his birth are well known and available to anyone.

As to his past in general, have you personally tried to research it or are you just going on the basis of what the Birthers are claiming? What exactly do you want to know? What, specifically, is missing? Or is it simply that nobody has been able to come up with any dirt on him?

You know, like desertion in time of war or like torturing pledges at Yale or like blowing up frogs with M-80s or like being addicted to cocaine and alcohol and getting DUIs.

John

Charles
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Pete

Face it Pete, Jughaid's been vetted...and you're a racist!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/20/liberal-journalists-reportedly-plotted-protect-candidate-obama-jeremiah-wright/?test=latestnews

Chas

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
How about known opinions for the editor of the Harvard Review and a constitutional professor.

I like 'oh yeah, I met Ayers, bumbed into him when I took a walk one day' :rolleyes:

Pete

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/20/liberal-journalists-reportedly-plotted-protect-candidate-obama-jeremiah-wright/?test=latestnews

Chas

Hah! How quickly we forget :)

Throw him under the bus!

Pete

finnbow
07-21-2010, 02:27 PM

Chas

Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.:confused: The behaviour they allege is exactly what Fox did for Dubya's entire presidency. It cracks me up to listen to Fox's minions talk about how bad the MSM has become. Granted the MSM leaves a lot to be desired, but they make Fox's talking heads look as stupid as Sarah Palin. Oops, forgot. She is one.

Charles
07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Go Faux!!!!

Chas

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
1 vs the entire mainstream? Is this an admission of mainstream liberal bias? :p

Pete

PS Chas, love the hungover version lol.

finnbow
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM

Pete

I don't buy it. To Faux and its wingnut viewers, anyone who holds positions one slight whisker less crazy than the Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck orthodoxy (probably 80% of America, depending on the issue) is liberally biased. To them, McCain and Lindsey Graham are unabashed liberals (as is Dubya now that he's in the past).

What you see depends on where you stand.

Charles
07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't buy it. To Faux and its wingnut viewers, anyone who holds positions one slight whisker less crazy than the Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck orthodoxy (probably 80% of America, depending on the issue) is liberally biased. To them, McCain and Lindsey Graham are unabashed liberals (as is Dubya now that he's in the past).

What you see depends on where you stand.

Ten minutes ago I couldn't even spell "wingnut", and now I are one!!!

But I like to think of myself as a "fair and balanced" wingnut.

Gotta go...Beck's on!!!

Chas

Charles
07-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Pete

Tank yew, tank yew.

Chas

piece-itpete
07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
But are you a brass, chrome, steel or stainless wingnut Chas? :)

Pete

Charles
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
But are you a brass, chrome, steel or stainless wingnut Chas? :)

Pete

Kinda hard to tell, since I'm all rusty and bent up where somebody used the ViceGrips on me.

But I have right hand threads, and that's what's important!!!

Chas

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 06:04 PM
How about known opinions for the editor of the Harvard Review and a constitutional professor.

I like 'oh yeah, I met Ayers, bumbed into him when I took a walk one day' :rolleyes:

Pete

Obama stated that he served on one or two committees with Ayers, including a committee with Republicans and conservatives on it. He was not responsible for the selection of the other committee members. Pete, you usually do better than innuendo. Next thing you know, you'll be suggesting that he was palling around with terrorists.:(

On the issue of Obama's presidency at the Harvard Law Review, he did not author any articles. He was the editor and reviewed, and with a committee, selected articles, including articles from conservative thinkers. One can hardly attribute the opinions of the authors to him, especially considering the variety of views that come from such publications.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11257.html

What other things are in this conspiracy to erase Obama's past?

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
07-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Obama stated that he served on one or two committees with Ayers, including a committee with Republicans and conservatives on it. He was not responsible for the selection of the other committee members. Pete, you usually do better than innuendo. Next thing you know, you'll be suggesting that he was palling around with terrorists.:(

On the issue of Obama's presidency at the Harvard Law Review, he did not author any articles. He was the editor and reviewed, and with a committee, selected articles, including articles from conservative thinkers. One can hardly attribute the opinions of the authors to him, especially considering the variety of views that come from such publications.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11257.html

Regards,

D-Ray

Damn lawyers, always stickin' together.

Ain't like us fellers in the "trades". We cut one another's throats before breakfast.

Ever try to get a hard bid from a lawyer???

Just kidding. Three of my best customers are lawyers. Even if they hit me up for a bid, it's only because they want an idea of how much it's going to cost. They don't go shopping on me. And they're always happy with what I do.

Funny thing is, I've only got one doctor in my stable. And one banker as well. Apparently I don't exhibit enough "snob appeal" for that crowd.

Kinda like you barristers, even if you do have to screw your socks on every morning!!!

Chas

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Not just lawyers sticking together, it's editors too. My note was published my first year on the law review, but the Oklahoma Law Review didn't have quite the level or quality of outside submissions that the Harvard Law Review had. (That doesn't mean that I think my school wasn't exceptional. :rolleyes: After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?)

Obama could have written an outstanding student note, but not made the final cut for publication. When I was one of the editors I had no time to think about writing anything for publication - I had to try to whip the student notes into shape. From my experience, I can say that it is entirely credible that Obama's student note was not published, and that he didn't write any articles during his time as president.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?

Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Di vision_I_FBS#National_championship_claims_by_schoo l) However, Harvard's last came in 1919.

Charles
07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Not just lawyers sticking together, it's editors too. My note was published my first year on the law review, but the Oklahoma Law Review didn't have quite the level or quality of outside submissions that the Harvard Law Review had. (That doesn't mean that I think my school wasn't exceptional. :rolleyes: After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?)

Obama could have written an outstanding student note, but not made the final cut for publication. When I was one of the editors I had no time to think about writing anything for publication - I had to try to whip the student notes into shape. From my experience, I can say that it is entirely credible that Obama's student note was not published, and that he didn't write any articles during his time as president.

Regards,

D-Ray

Ain't no wonder Harvard cain't win at futball. Even if you wuz to drag their asses out of them Ivory towers, their pointy heads wuddn't fit in a helmet.

Ain't a problem fer an Okie!!!

BTW, I catch your drift. And congratulations on being published in your 1st year.

Chas

Charles
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Di vision_I_FBS#National_championship_claims_by_schoo l) However, Harvard's last came in 1919, however.

Pointy haids is livin' in th' past.

Chas

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Di vision_I_FBS#National_championship_claims_by_schoo l) However, Harvard's last came in 1919, however.

I didn't know they had seven, but I did know that they were a powerhouse back in the day. That's why I asked when was the last time Harvard did that.;)

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Pointy haids is livin' in th' past.

Chas

Pointy head, hell. I'm a cow college graduate (Virginia Tech).

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks Chas, but I'm sure that there are a helluva lot of articles better than mine that have been rejected by the Harvard Law Review. It's not surprising that Obama's time with the Harvard law review did not create a paper trial.

Bonus question: What U.S. Supreme Court Justice was runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
07-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks Chas, but I'm sure that there are a helluva lot of articles better than mine that have been rejected by the Harvard Law Review. It's not surprising that Obama's time with the Harvard law review did not create a paper trial.

Bonus question: What U.S. Supreme Court Justice was runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

Regards,

D-Ray

Ray Nitschke???

Now how in the hell would I know that...unless I cheated and used Google.

And I ain't a cheater. Most of the time.

Chas

d-ray657
07-21-2010, 07:26 PM

Y'all put together a pretty good football team from time to time. You know you've hit the big time in college football when your star quarterback gets arrested.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

I'll have yew know, I went to Lincoln University...but that wuz after they let us white folks in.

Carried a full load during the day, and worked at McGraw Edison of evenings to pay my way. No loan for me.

Then the kops arrested everyone I knew for dope. Know why they didn't arrest me?

Because I was carrying a full load and working evenings. But I've always been lucky in that respect, was too busy working to get in too much trouble.

Anyway, I got a case of the ass and moved to Denver and became a rough in carpenter.

Should have stayed in school. But I always was a loose cannon.

Chas

PS: I take it Virginia Tech ain't the home of the pointy haids???

finnbow
07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Y'all put together a pretty good football team from time to time.

We'll be opening up the college season on national TV against Boise State at FedEx (Redskins) Field. My wife, youngest son and I have tickets. Preseason rankings are Boise State -4 and Virginia Tech - 10. Could be interesting.

PS: I take it Virginia Tech ain't the home of the pointy haids???

Nope. In Virginia, that distinction belongs to UVa. Less than three hours away, but worlds apart from VT. At UVa, it's dockers, Topsiders, button-down shirts and skinny ties. At VT, it's old, ripped up jeans, hiking boots, and flannel shirts. That, and VT graduates get jobs nowadays (the engineers anyway).:D

finnbow
07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Here's a lament (http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/205190/shirley-sherrod-and-the-shame-of-conservative-media) from a former Dubya speechwriter about the dishonesty and sleaziness of Faux/Limbaugh et al.

This whole Shirley Sherrod affair has been ugly proof of how shameless and obscene things have become. Granted, Obama/Vilseck overreacted to the fabricated indictment of racism by Sherrod, but isn't the fabrication and Faux News propagation of it the bigger story?

BlueStreak
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Beck was on tonight trying to claim that he, Fox and the right wing media tried to defend Sherrod. He has gotten so bad the mere sight of him fills me with the urge to puke.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-21-2010, 11:57 PM
We'll be opening up the college season on national TV against Boise State at FedEx (Redskins) Field. My wife, youngest son and I have tickets. Preseason rankings are Boise State -4 and Virginia Tech - 10. Could be interesting.

Nope. In Virginia, that distinction belongs to UVa. Less than three hours away, but worlds apart from VT. At UVa, it's dockers, Topsiders, button-down shirts and skinny ties. At VT, it's old, ripped up jeans, hiking boots, and flannel shirts. That, and VT graduates get jobs nowadays (the engineers anyway).:D

I know a guy whose daughter goes to UVa. He recently had to go bail her out, because she (And others) had been arrested for "Civil disobedience, disorderly conduct and damaging private property." It seems a local bookstore had a big to do over the release of Glenn Becks latest book. So she and a few of her left-wing radical friends from school stopped by to harrass the teabaggers, and a scuffle ensued in which a bookcase was knocked over. No one was injured, but she, her friends and one of the wingnuts were arrested and hauled downtown. Shockingly, none of this made the news. I would have thought the local Fox affiliate would have been all over it.

Crazy kids.

Dave

d-ray657
07-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Looks like this one has Boise picked as No. 1. http://collegefootball.about.com/od/schools/tp/rankings-preseason.htm Sooners are ranked 16, and VT at 11. One ranking that is sure to fall is no. 13 Nebraska. They will be playing with targets on their backs after bolting the league after this season. I can't imagine a team that won't be motivated to beat them.

I like starting the season in the middle of the pack. It's much more fun to watch a team climb up the rankings than watch them try to hold on to the top spot.

Regards,

merrylander
07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Here's a lament (http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/205190/shirley-sherrod-and-the-shame-of-conservative-media) from a former Dubya speechwriter about the dishonesty and sleaziness of Faux/Limbaugh et al.

This whole Shirley Sherrod affair has been ugly proof of how shameless and obscene things have become. Granted, Obama/Vilseck overreacted to the fabricated indictment of racism by Sherrod, but isn't the fabrication and Faux News propagation of it the bigger story?

More fool them for believing a Republican.

noonereal
07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
I know a guy whose daughter goes to UVa. He recently had to go bail her out, because she (And others) had been arrested for "Civil disobedience, disorderly conduct and damaging private property." It seems a local bookstore had a big to do over the release of Glenn Becks latest book. So she and a few of her left-wing radical friends from school stopped by to harrass the teabaggers, and a scuffle ensued in which a bookcase was knocked over. No one was injured, but she, her friends and one of the wingnuts were arrested and hauled downtown. Shockingly, none of this made the news. I would have thought the local Fox affiliate would have been all over it.

Crazy kids.

Dave

Good for her! We need to take our country back.

Charles
07-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Good for her! We need to take our country back.

Somehow, I think the judge will have a different take on the matter.

Chas

finnbow
07-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Where's Sandy lately? My posting about UVa was an open invitation for him to come in with both barrels blazing. I believe he went to the University of Richmond and that he has a real soft spot for the quasi-Ivy Leaguers at UVa.

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Obama was founding chairman and president of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge, Ayer's baby, Obama might, just might have innuendoed into him, just enough to say excuse me, I didn't mean to meet you, I might have to run for national office someday...

Pete

Boreas
07-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Obama was founding chairman and president of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge, Ayer's baby, Obama might, just might have innuendoed into him, just enough to say excuse me, I didn't mean to meet you, I might have to run for national office someday...

Pete

So what?

John

d-ray657
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Pete

I guess you are proud to be associated with the Sarah Palin school of political thought. That means being selected by prominent Chicagoans, not including Bill Ayers, to serve on a committee in which Ayers is also interested amounts to Obama palling around with terrorists. It looks to me like Obama was recruited to a committee chairmanship to help improve conditions for Chicago school kids and he accepted the request. He wasn't carrying Ayers' water, but was advancing the cause of Chicago students. It is an incredible stretch to say that his acceptance of such an appointment, when one of the committee members was a onetime radical activist who had gone on with his life to become well-respected scholar on education, showed that Obama had endorsed the committee member's then thirty years past agenda. (Edit: To not leave out what might be seen as a an important detail, as a result of Obama's responsibilities with the education program, he and Ayers also appeared on panels discussing educational issues.)

I went to law school with some right wing loonies. Do you think that I have adopted their philosophy? I've known people who were arrested for DUI or possession of drugs. I haven't endorsed their actions. Hell, I've even done work for the Teamsters, does that mean that I endorse the tactics that some of them used years ago? I guess I'd better not run for office.

Here's an outline of the various movers and shakers and their roles in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Annenberg_Challenge

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM

Pete

Well, if the dark and ominous "they" had been planning for his Presidency since his birth, could "they " have not also engineered his eventual collaboration with Ayers at the University of Chicago where "they" knew both men would be working as early as Obamas birth in 1960?

BTW, Obama was also a Professor of Constitutional Law at that time. (Just a little factoid.)

Dave

noonereal
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, if the dark and ominous "they" had been planning for his Presidency since his birth, could "they " have not also engineered his eventual collaboration with Ayers at the University of Chicago where "they" knew both men would be working as early as Obamas birth in 1960?

BTW, Obama was also a Professor of Constitutional Law at that time. (Just a little factoid.)

Dave

I can't belive we are even tlking about this.

Fox wins again.

Charles
07-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I can't belive we are even tlking about this.

Fox wins again.

I can't believe you're talking about this either.

Partisan bickering wins again.

Chas

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 11:45 AM
It wouldn't be an issue if Obama didn't pretend he barely knew the guy. Par for the course.

I can't consider ANYONE who says this: ''I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough.'', or delights in stomping on the flag, to be anything near respectable. How they got the old school Chicago Dem machine to merge with them is beyond me.

Pete

noonereal
07-22-2010, 11:51 AM

Chas

serious question:

Does anyone here personally know anyone that belives this. I sure don't.
I am begining to think that this is a non issue being propelled by the left media.

Boreas
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
It wouldn't be an issue if Obama didn't pretend he barely knew the guy. Par for the course.

Maybe he did barely know him. Serving on part time voluntary boards with someone isn't the same as "palling around" with him.

I can't consider ANYONE who says this: ''I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough.'', or delights in stomping on the flag, to be anything near respectable. How they got the old school Chicago Dem machine to merge with them is beyond me.

You're a Christian, right? Doesn't that mean you believe in redemption? I'd say that Ayers' life and career since the '70s is indicative of a profound change in his philosophy.

John

Charles
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
serious question:

Does anyone here personally know anyone that belives this. I sure don't.
I am begining to think that this is a non issue being propelled by the left media.

I'm not sure which issue we're discussing, Ayers or the birth certificate.

Chas

d-ray657
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Pete

Ayers clarified that the "we" to whom he was referring is all citizens, that we all didn't do enough to stop the war, he was not saying they should have blown up more buildings.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
You're a Christian, right? Doesn't that mean you believe in redemption? I'd say that Ayers' life and career since the '70s is indicative of a profound change in his philosophy.

John

Unfortunately, this is from 2001.

Pete

d-ray657
07-22-2010, 12:57 PM

Chas

Pete raised the Ayers issue at post 19. It's a BS issue and always has been. As has been pointed out, there are a number of Republicans and other conservatives who served on those committees as well. If there is guilt by association by serving on the same educational committee as Ayers the associated guilt spreads across the spectrum. I don't think the conservatives endorsed Ayers' past activities any more or less than Obama did. What they endorsed was an opportunity to obtain substantial funding to help Chicago schoolchildren.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
07-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately, this is from 2001.

Pete

So, I guess you have no response for the real point of my post. After all, it's not about Ayers. It's about Obama. How has it been established that he "palled around" with Ayers?

John

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 01:09 PM
As a moderate Democrat I know elsewhere said, after Blagovich hit the fan (can't WAIT for that ;) ), 'I'm tired of Obama standing next to a pile of crap and saying he didn't smell anything.'

Pete

Charles
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Pete raised the Ayers issue at post 19. It's a BS issue and always has been. As has been pointed out, there are a number of Republicans and other conservatives who served on those committees as well. If there is guilt by association by serving on the same educational committee as Ayers the associated guilt spreads across the spectrum. I don't think the conservatives endorsed Ayers' past activities any more or less than Obama did. What they endorsed was an opportunity to obtain substantial funding to help Chicago schoolchildren.

Regards,

D-Ray

Actually, I thought we were on the Birther issue. As to Ayers, I'm not too sure just how close Obama stands to him. But I suspect that he's closer to him than he admits.

Anyway, it's still political bickering.

Chas

Boreas
07-22-2010, 01:39 PM
But I suspect that he's closer to him than he admits.

Based on what?

John

finnbow
07-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Actually, I thought we were on the Birther issue. As to Ayers, I'm not too sure just how close Obama stands to him. But I suspect that he's closer to him than he admits.

Who cares? It only matters if one is willing to convict somebody for their associations. If that's true, we're all in deep shit.

Boreas
07-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Who cares?

The people whose world view is validated by holding onto such beliefs, irrespective of any actual facts.

It's a lot like religion.

John

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, one can be a child of and immersed in a culture like the Chicago political scene and STILL be a saint, obviously.

Pete

d-ray657
07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah, one can be a child of and immersed in a culture like the Chicago political scene and STILL be a saint, obviously.

Pete

This misdirection does not support any of the previous allegations you have made in this thread and failed to support. Obama's publication history - rebutted; Obama's association with Ayers - rebutted; disappearance of history - no examples provided other than lack of publication; Disparagement of credentials and character because of political mindset - incurable.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Pete

I would have hoped that such an upbringing would have made him a bit more ruthless in dealing with the wingnut jagoffs he's been dealing with. Personally, I'm afraid he didn't learn enough about hard knuckle politics during his brief sojourn in Chicago.

Boreas
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM

Pete

For starters, he didn't grow up in Chicago so isn't a "child" of that city but most importantly, this is just more of the guilt-by-association horseshit you've been pitch forking at us for days. You have to know better so I just assume you're just chucking bombs into the discussion for the pure hell of it.

John

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Alright.....

As I've been saying in a roundabout way, he's slicker than grease.

Pete

piece-itpete
07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Let's see what Mr Bad Hair the 2nd has to say :D

Pete

Boreas
07-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Let's see what Mr Bad Hair the 2nd has to say :D

Pete

I don't know who that is - or even who the 1st is. I guess I'm just not as up on the latest pointlessly gratuitous insults as you seem to be.

John

Boreas
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Alright.....

As I've been saying in a roundabout way, he's slicker than grease.

Pete

Yes, you have and to no point at all other than you apparently just don't like the guy.

John

BlueStreak
07-23-2010, 01:59 AM
I had a friend in highschool who later went on to become a drugdealer and armed robber who shot two people just to avoid leaving eyewitnesses. He's doing life in an Ohio State Pen as we speak.

I guess this means I've palled around with a drugdealer and convicted murderer, and that I can't be trusted, Huh?

Dave

BlueStreak
07-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Anyways it's time for this thread to go away.

I'll call it.

Dave

piece-itpete
07-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Insulting - me?

:D

While I'll stop questioning his royal almightyness, I will answer the last last question...

Pete

PS Bonus! If anyone guess who #1 is I'll say something nice about Pres Obama. I bet Blue knows :)

d-ray657
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Insulting - me?

:D

While I'll stop questioning his royal almightyness, I will answer the last last question...

Pete

PS Bonus! If anyone guess who #1 is I'll say something nice about Pres Obama. I bet Blue knows :)

Jim Traffficant. Now say something nice about Obama's integrity.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
07-23-2010, 09:59 AM
I didn't say integrity! Even being a Republican I have to draw the moral line somewhere :D

I was thinking, he's a clean, bright, articulate, and nice looking African American.

Sorry D, I couldn't pass that up :p

I could commend him for continuing Bush's bailout and Iraq/Afghanistan policies...

Somebody stop me!

Seriously, it appears he's taking on the NEA. If it's more than politics I commend him heartily.

Pete

d-ray657
07-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I didn't say integrity! Even being a Republican I have to draw the moral line somewhere :D

I was thinking, he's a clean, bright, articulate, and nice looking African American.

Sorry D, I couldn't pass that up :p

I could commend him for continuing Bush's bailout and Iraq/Afghanistan policies...

Somebody stop me!

Seriously, it appears he's taking on the NEA. If it's more than politics I commend him heartily.

Pete

Well, that was a waste.

And George Bush had a nice smile when he wasn't wearing his sh**t eating grin.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
07-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I meant the NEA thing fyi.

And although I thought it was silly, I understand what he tried to do with the cop/beer thing a while back.

Pete

d-ray657
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I meant the NEA thing fyi.

And although I thought it was silly, I understand what he tried to do with the cop/beer thing a while back.

Pete

That would be one policy where I would disagree with him. As I've said all along Obama is a moderate, and there are some matters where he doesn't do enough or does the wrong thing.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
That would be one policy where I would disagree with him. As I've said all along Obama is a moderate, and there are some matters where he doesn't do enough or does the wrong thing.

Regards,

D-Ray

I think Obama needs a "bad cop" to fight back against the right wing slander machine. Serpenthead (Carville) is busy slamming BP and Begala is too weaselly and more of a Clintonista.

As President, Obama needs to stay above the fray. But he needs someone to embarass all the wingnuts with their silly accusations.

piece-itpete
07-23-2010, 10:44 AM
D, it figures I'd pick something we disagree on :)

Pete