PDA

View Full Version : Just curious.

piece-itpete
07-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Many say the US shouldn't worry about the world, but ourselves.

So if not us, who?

Pete

noonereal
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM

So if not us, who?

Pete

not sure what you mean Pete?

The US is like every country we only look out for ourself.

Boreas
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM

So if not us, who?

Pete

It's one thing to worry about the world and another to worry the world.

And it's funny but a lot of the people who used to say we shouldn't worry about the rest of the world are the same people who say we have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here.

John

BlueStreak
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I worry about the world, but I worry about us first.

Dave

noonereal
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I worry about the world, but I worry about us first.

Dave

you worry too much :D

d-ray657
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
you worry too much :D

Said the Pot to the Kettle.:D

Regards,

D-Ray

Combwork
08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
It's one thing to worry about the world and another to worry the world.

And it's funny but a lot of the people who used to say we shouldn't worry about the rest of the world are the same people who say we have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here.

John

Is that a serious concern? Does anyone see a real danger of Iran, Iraq or Pakistan invading the USA?

Boreas
08-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Is that a serious concern? Does anyone see a real danger of Iran, Iraq or Pakistan invading the USA?

It's a serious concern for those whom the previous administration succeeded in terrorizing with visions of hordes of Islamic supermen armed with box cutters and exploding sneakers.

September 11th was a new experience for us, Combwork. We don't have thirty odd years of Provo bombers and Libyan assault teams to provide us with a little perspective or objectivity.

After all, there's Guildford. Overreactions can be expected when people are hit with novel and frightening occurrences.

John

BlueStreak
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM

No, not at all. But N.Korea? That situation coud get ugly.

Dave

Combwork
08-06-2010, 11:36 PM
September 11th was a new experience for us, Combwork. We don't have thirty odd years of Provo bombers and Libyan assault teams to provide us with a little perspective or objectivity.

John

That's a good point. Without the usual "what did he mean?" wording, that was truly the worst thing I've seen. I despise the IRA for good reason, but if it's possible to be 'fair' to people like that, apart from targeting individuals who they thought might have betrayed them their usual targets were on the mainland. Buildings, structure; anything that would cause disruption. If people died, tough shit; wrong place wrong time but they didn't specifically target people. They weren't the suicide bombing fuckfaces who blew themselves up in the thickest crowd they could find.

Just to edit the above, they did target people but not the population in general. They weren't trying for the biggest body count. Politically they were genuinely stupid. If you try hard enough you can divide people with bombs but unless you can find a common enemy, two communities sharing the same island but not sharing the same culture cannot be united by force.