PDA

View Full Version : N Korea, what's the real story?

noonereal
06-19-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/19/military-set-intercept-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferatin-missiles-nukes/

Is their leader nuts and that's it's that simple? (I think this is a small part of the drama)

Is this the Chinese testing Obie by proxy? (my guess)

Should we board the ship without authority? ( I don't think Obama would do that)

Sandy G
06-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Methinks its a combination of 1 & 2. Kim Yuck Foo is prolly looney-tunes, & the Chicoms are undoubtedly enjoying rattling The Annointed One's cage a bit. As to 3, I think yeah, maybe we ought to & call The Gargoyle's bluff about it being an act of war. We kinda DO have the authority, looks to me like anyhow, 'cause of the UN resolutions. Plus, we MIGHT stop a shipment of a nuke reactor or something destined for Iran...

noonereal
06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Kim Yuck Foo ...

Now that right there is funny! :)

noonereal
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
As to 3, I think yeah, maybe we ought to & call The Gargoyle's bluff about it being an act of war. We kinda DO have the authority, looks to me like anyhow, 'cause of the UN resolutions. Plus, we MIGHT stop a shipment of a nuke reactor or something destined for Iran...

As I understand it under the UN resolution we have no right to board the ship. Hence I believe Obie will not as he has made honoring international law important.

soundhound
06-19-2009, 01:03 PM
perhaps we could assist the somalian pirates hijack the ship.

Sandy G
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Well, then...As usual, the UN resolutions/sanctions/whatever are about as worthwhile as a screen-door on a submarine...But if Hung Chow sends a missile towards Hawaii, as its rumoured he's planning to do 4 July, well, maybe we oughta treat him to his very own personal Firecracker Show...

noonereal
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Well, then...As usual, the UN resolutions/sanctions/whatever are about as worthwhile as a screen-door on a submarine...But if Hung Chow sends a missile towards Hawaii, as its rumoured he's planning to do 4 July, well, maybe we oughta treat him to his very own personal Firecracker Show...

Actually, I like that idea, allot.

merrylander
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
They have moved an anti missile battery to Hawaii so let's wait and see.

noonereal
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
They have moved an anti missile battery to Hawaii so let's wait and see.

maybe Sarah can be look out? Put her on top of one of those volcanos and she'll keep an eye. :D

Sandy G
06-19-2009, 03:36 PM
...Dressed like a Slutty Stewardess w/her Knocked-Up daughter in tow, no doubt...Jumpin' up 'n' down on top of Mauna Whatever w/a bunch of flowers strung together, yellin', "C'mom, I Wanna LEI ya !!"....Sorry, that was BAAAD...But I just couldn't resist...

noonereal
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
...Dressed like a Slutty Stewardess w/her Knocked-Up daughter in tow, no doubt...Jumpin' up 'n' down on top of Mauna Whatever w/a bunch of flowers strung together, yellin', "C'mom, I Wanna LEI ya !!"....Sorry, that was BAAAD...But I just couldn't resist...

This has got to stop.

That is the second time today I had liquid in my mouth when I read a post of yours and sprayed the PC screen. You need to have a disclaimer next to your name!

Sandy G
06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
It's a Dirty Job being a Chic Derriere', or Smartass, but SOMEBODY has to do it...Might as well be me...People think that I'm a doctrinaire Republican, but I beg to differ....True, I pretty much DESPISE The Majickal Negroe & almost all he stands for, but if given a chance, I'll stick it to the Republicans about as hard as I do the Democraps...Erm, DemoCRATS...Most of the time, BOTH parties pretty much BEG to be made fun of, if you ask me. Altho some times its got me in trouble-one time, back when they 1st nominated Sotomayor, I referred to her on another chatline as "Sonja Estrella Maria Guadalupe Sotomayor De Lopez Garcia Y Vega, Little Latin Lupe-Loo, & I got accused of being a Racist. I took it as a compliment, & pointed out that if she expects to be on the Supreme Court, she's gonna get called a HELLUVA lot worse than that, a basically harmless little jibe at Hispanics' predilication of hanging umpteen names on people. But this other chatline is populated by people-And I use the term lightly-who would make a Cro-Magnon look like a Nobel Prize winner by comparison. I don't spell correctly EVERY single solitary word I use, but I also wouldn't start a thread on "The Best Grocerie Stor in the Countie", either. Its also FULL of these Super-Christian types who are extremely easy to get absolutely BOILING mad...I realise it ISN'T nice to pick a fight w/an unarmed man, but sometimes you just can't resist...BTW, if any of you would like to visit this other site, & flick boogers at the assorted idiots there, it is "Rogersville Topix"...I am "A Nonny Mouse", & yes, I've had to explain what THAT means to them...

Charles
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM

Gonna take to callin' ya Sandy Letterman...but I ain't figurin' on gettin' an apology outta yer smart ass!!!

On a more serious note, you should be careful picking on the Christians...that kinda shit'll get ya sent to Hell!!!

I'll be seein' ya there. Used to pick on those damn Jesus Freaks out in Denver, hated their guts. Tell 'em if there's really a God...prove it. They'd get so damn mad it's a wonder I didn't have to fist fight 'em.

Chas

Sandy G
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Christians I don't mess with...But Jay-Zus Freaks....That's another story. Your faith, to me, is an intensely personal, private thing, between you & God...It CERTAINLY is not some fool-ass's business who comes knocking at your door, or who accosts you on the street, or anything like that. I don't go pushing MY faith on you, nor do I want you pushing yours on me. Yeah, I've been told I'm going to Hell, am a Heathern-Stupid bastard couldn't even PRONOUNCE it right-and got several VERY dirty looks from people driving by on the street, 'cause I was mowing my lawn on a Sunday morning, when I was SPOSED to be in church...Little did they know I'd had a stroke about 6-8 weeks earlier, & that was the first time I'd felt up to trying to do something like that. Maybe I was praising God in MY way, thanking Him for letting me live & enjoying the glorious day He gave me...But no, all those Super-Duper Christian types could see was a Godless Heathern who was SINNIN' by mowin' his yard on a Sunday... Also, every 3rd radio station, & at least 5 channels on the TV here are Bible-Thumpers...If that wasn't bad enuff, their broadcast equipment seems to be 10-th hand used ex-Soviet junk, & none of 'em have a clue about setting it up properly, so usually you have the Almighty Word Of God blasting forth w/a nice loud 60 Hz HUMMMMMMMMMMM along w/it....Grrrrrrr....

Charles
06-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Also, every 3rd radio station, & at least 5 channels on the TV here are Bible-Thumpers...If that wasn't bad enuff, their broadcast equipment seems to be 10-th hand used ex-Soviet junk, & none of 'em have a clue about setting it up properly, so usually you have the Almighty Word Of God blasting forth w/a nice loud 60 Hz HUMMMMMMMMMMM along w/it....Grrrrrrr...

Our Bible Thumpers must have deeper pockets than yours...they have a transmitter that drowns out everything close to their bandwidth. I never cease to be amazed at just how cock sure of themselves and their peculiar notion of the path to salvation that they are.

Chas

merrylander
06-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I think they must be converts, I have always noticed that when someone I knew converted from one religion to another they became real evangelists, guess they were trying to convince themselves they had done the right thing.

We lost all interest in organized religion when we found that the 'organiztion' was more important than the religion. So we just try to follow His teaching, though I must admit that despite St. Paul's admonition I have never learned to suffer fools gladly.

stereocuuple
07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
the real story with north korea we should have elected Mcaurther pres. thrown the traitor harry truman into a volcano. and droped 10 a bombs on the north and in manchuria on the chinese troops and we would be over yonder talkin bout how great our new french cd player was

oh yeah this would have neatly prevented vietnam

merrylander
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Harry Truman ended WW II in Asia at the saving of thousands of lives, what is traiterous about that?

stereocuuple
07-30-2009, 01:13 PM
antiunion truman your kidding ttruman inherated a war that was already won on both fronts. thanks to his giult over the weapons used sganist japan my father spent another year in korea befor he came home. mac would have ended the war and we wouldnt be talking about n korea at all today and the chinese would have a healthy respect for americas resolve

thank you korean vets and all who serve the cause of freedom and truth

merrylander
07-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Really, best estimates I heard back then was that there would have been 150,000 more dead had we invaded Japan the normal way.

Charles
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Truman did the right thing by dropping the 2 A-bombs on Japan. He saved countless lives on both sides by doing so. And can you imagine how the American public would have felt once they found out the Truman had the means to end the war in Japan and continues with an invasion?

The Korean War was different. By then, the Soviets had atomic weapons, and there was a genuine fear that should we use them on Communist China, we may have drawn the Soviets into the conflict.

Now I don't know if Truman did the right thing, or the wrong thing, but he did do something. He did what he thought was best, and that's all you can ask from anyone.

Chas

stereocuuple
07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
its a common misconception that truman orderd the bombs droped on the japs and this couldnt be further from the truth. FDR didnt even think enough of truman to tell him about the bomb and the weapons were under milatary control. the weapons were to be used no matter what. the milatary simply kept the pres. informed as to the progress of the project. truman was either in potsdam or on his way home during the atack on hiroshima.

as to the soviets and chinese we droped those bombs on japan as a proof of our tech. and resolve to use such weapons in the future. niether cuontry had the capability to produce suficant weapons at the time of the korean war to pose any real threat to the us. the unending talk of invasion at the time stemed from milatary leaders who had no clue that the bomb even existed. and who may have felt that thier importance would have been surplanted by this new superweapon

Charles
07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
its a common misconception that truman orderd the bombs droped on the japs and this couldnt be further from the truth. FDR didnt even think enough of truman to tell him about the bomb and the weapons were under milatary control. the weapons were to be used no matter what. the milatary simply kept the pres. informed as to the progress of the project. truman was either in potsdam or on his way home during the atack on hiroshima.

as to the soviets and chinese we droped those bombs on japan as a proof of our tech. and resolve to use such weapons in the future. niether cuontry had the capability to produce suficant weapons at the time of the korean war to pose any real threat to the us. the unending talk of invasion at the time stemed from milatary leaders who had no clue that the bomb even existed. and who may have felt that thier importance would have been surplanted by this new superweapon

I do not know if Truman actually authorized the use of the bombs, but I would imagine that he would have at least been advised of their use in advance. I tend to agree that their use was, in part, to demonstrate to Stalin the we did possess the "Big Stick".

And I have no clue as to whether we followed the proper path in Korea. There will always be another war, it's the norm and not the exception. And thanks to your father for serving in Korea, I'm sure there are things he would have rather been doing.

Chas

stereocuuple
07-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I do not know if Truman actually authorized the use of the bombs, but I would imagine that he would have at least been advised of their use in advance. I tend to agree that their use was, in part, to demonstrate to Stalin the we did possess the "Big Stick".

And I have no clue as to whether we followed the proper path in Korea. There will always be another war, it's the norm and not the exception. And thanks to your father for serving in Korea, I'm sure there are things he would have rather been doing.

Chas

my father and all who served thank you and so do i

as for myself iv enjoyed this discussion very much and would like to recomend truman by david mccullough

thanks Eric

Charles
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
my father and all who served thank you and so do i

as for myself iv enjoyed this discussion very much and would like to recomend truman by david mccullough

thanks Eric

I'll check into it.

Chas

wajobu
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Check out July 31st Cartoon in our local paper today: http://blogs.courant.com/bob_englehart/

Charles
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Check out July 31st Cartoon in our local paper today: http://blogs.courant.com/bob_englehart/

Good paper, they don't take sides.

Chas