PDA

View Full Version : Charles Krauthammer - unabashed neocon

d-ray657
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
In his most recent occasion to trash Obama, Charles Krauthammer makes no effort to hide his neocon agenda. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/02/AR2010090203991.html) He mentions about five or six other opportunities for the US to engage in nation building - at the point of a missle. He is absolutely shocked that Obama has mentioned his need to focus more on domestic policy than war-making. Lets see if Krauthammer attacks Obama on the deficit next.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
09-03-2010, 09:41 PM
A few years back, I used to like Krauthammer. Now he just seems like an embittered fool. Somehow he can't get it through his head that the Neocon agenda is largely responsible for the mess we're in. He just can't fathom that anybody would think this to be the case so he overcompensates with his incessant beating of the war drums.

BlueStreak
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Even so I can still take Krauthammer over most of the other Fox nippleheads. At least he seems intelligent. Well, but then after enduring a couple of hours of Hannity and Beck anyone would seem intelligent.

Dave

merrylander
09-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Watched him on one of the PBS Washington talking head shows. Really sad seeing senility at work.

piece-itpete
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Obama is nakedly nationbuilding - at the point of a gun - in Afghanistan.

Pete

BlueStreak
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Obama is nakedly nationbuilding - at the point of a gun - in Afghanistan.

Pete

Yeah, that's what it is.

Dave

piece-itpete
09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
If not, o sarcastic one (;)), then what exactly is he doing?

Pete

BlueStreak
09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Fighting a war, in the place where it should have stayed to begin with?

Dave

merrylander
09-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Actually we need not have gone into Afghanistan either we could have taken out all the camps with cruise missiles. Then we could have politely told the Taliban that if any more terrorists started up the next lot of missiles would be nuclear tipped.

Boreas
09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually we need not have gone into Afghanistan either we could have taken out all the camps with cruise missiles. Then we could have politely told the Taliban that if any more terrorists started up the next lot of missiles would be nuclear tipped.

We could have accepted the Taliban's offer to turn bin Laden over to a neutral third party government.

But then what would have become of the pipeline?

Or all those minerals!

John

merrylander
09-08-2010, 07:59 AM
We could have accepted the Taliban's offer to turn bin Laden over to a neutral third party government.

But then what would have become of the pipeline?

Or all those minerals!

John

As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11. I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives. Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.

As far as the Taliban goes the world would definitely be a better place if they all miraculously disappeared. The are somewhere below baboons on the evolutionary scale.

noonereal
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11. I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives. Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.

As far as the Taliban goes the world would definitely be a better place if they all miraculously disappeared. The are somewhere below baboons on the evolutionary scale.

:rolleyes:

nothing to disagree with here.

Boreas
09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11.

That's a lot like what's going to go down in Gainesville this weekend, a pure orgy of hate. Would you like others to characterize all Americans on the basis of those people?

Also, to counterbalance the hateful people in Patterson and The Palestinian Territories, there were candlelight vigils in Teheran and other Muslim cities. Guess which demonstrations got all the airtime.

I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives.

Agreed but perhaps your blaming the wrong people.

Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.

The world will be far worse off if "they" (I think you really mean "we") use nukes anywhere.

The only thing in this post I can't disagree with. ;)

John

noonereal
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
That's a lot like what's going to go down in Gainesville this weekend, a pure orgy of hate. Would you like others to characterize all Americans on the basis of those people?

Also, to counterbalance the hateful people in Patterson and The Palestinian Territories, there were candlelight vigils in Teheran and other Muslim cities. Guess which demonstrations got all the airtime.

The world will be far worse off if "they" (I think you really mean "we") use nukes anywhere.

John

your problem John is that you are just too rational :cool:

merrylander
09-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Still waiting for the groundswell of imams denouncing terrorism

No, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz will someday answer to a higher power than me.

Yes so we hamstring our troops with worry about civilians, so tell me have the Taliban taken to wearing shoulder patches?

John

Afghanistan is one big cesspit we should merely leave it to its own devices. We send fortunes in aid to these countries whenever there is a disaster, are we thanked? Not bloody likely. Where was the aid from the rich ME countries for Haiti?, for Katrina?. For any of the disasters that seem to be increasing. Don't hold your breath.

piece-itpete
09-08-2010, 09:46 AM
It was my unserstanding that the only pro American rally in the ME outside the imperialist Israel was in Teheran.

Pete

Boreas
09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
It was my unserstanding that the only pro American rally in the ME outside the imperialist Israel was in Teheran.

Pete

Maybe. I dunno and, since even one, especially that one, makes my point, I'm not going to bother trying to look it up.

As for Israel, the government there (as opposed to the people) were rubbing their hands together thinking we would finally get on board with them and "take out" Syria, Iran and any other Muslim nation they didn't want to get along with.

John

piece-itpete
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Only in the city, by the folks who were just viciously beat down in the green movement.

Pete

Boreas
09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Only in the city, by the folks who were just viciously beat down in the green movement.

Pete

You know this how? And why weren't they beaten down then?

John

piece-itpete
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I followed it while it happened.

Unless the Supreme Leader of Iran has a soft spot for the US.

Pete

Boreas
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I followed it while it happened.

Unless the Supreme Leader of Iran has a soft spot for the US.

Pete

The point, Pete, is that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 people all around the world, people - that's people, Pete, not "Supreme Leaders" - were overwhelmingly sympathetic to us and what we had just gone through. That includes many, many Muslims.

John

piece-itpete
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Without a doubt, agreed.

Pete

BlueStreak
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Moo, (Lifts tail drops a load of flop.) Moo, mooooo.

Dave

piece-itpete
09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Which bill was that Dave? :D

Pete

Boreas
09-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Without a doubt, agreed.

Pete

Then will you agree that the major shift in attitude toward the US is a direct result of our actions since 9/11? Both in their countries and our own?

John

piece-itpete
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
No. Reading foreign relations, some countries have a larger or smaller view of world affairs. (this is really obvious in Dewey's 'Journey to the Far Pacific')

While we by definition have to have a large worldview. At least our leaders.

Well thinking about it maybe yes, but they are wrong :) In which case they'll just have to suck it up.

Pete