PDA

View Full Version : Cap and trade

Twodogs
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I just heard the dems need 14 more votes, with 17 undecided. Looks like it's coming down to the wire. Gotta go call my elected officials.:)

Sandy G
06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
"Cap 'n' trade" ? More like "Tax 'n' Spend"....

Twodogs
06-26-2009, 04:32 PM
You know it Sandy. As bad as the added tax will be on the American people, I'm more concerned with the manufacturing that it will drive to China and Mexico. I dunno, it's just frustrating as hell, but I guess if the American people believe that Co2 is a pollutant that's causing the earth to heat up, well then, I guess we deserve to be stolen from.:(

merrylander
06-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Exactly which American manufacturing will move to China or Mexico? I did not know there was any left.:(

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 09:04 AM
There is lots of manufacturing here, and many companies who have plants here and abroad, have found out that the American worker beats the socks off the foreigners. I can sight one plastics manufacturer that I do work for. They have a plant in Kansas, Missouri, Mexico, and China. For the last 4 years, the ranking has been just that as far as profit goes (KS, MO, Mexico, then China). The point I was "trying" to make is, we need to enact legislation that will make America more attractive to large businesses, not punish them for doing business here.

merrylander
06-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Sure awful hard to find American made products in the stores.

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Just so people know, the 8 republicans (in name only) that voted for this trainwreck are;

Mary Bono Mack (CA)

Mike Castle (DE)

Mark Kirk (IL)

Frank LoBondo (NJ)

Chris Smith (NJ)

John McHugh (NJ)

Dave Reichert (WA)

Leanord Lance (NJ)

Grumpy
06-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Why does the states they are from not surprise me ?

noonereal
06-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Why does the states they are from not surprise me ?

Yep, it's always the same old socially responsible states. :D

(I'm waiting, I love your comebacks ;))

merrylander
06-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Interesting point regarding States, are y'all aware that the vast majority of those with no health insurance are south of the Mason Dixon. Wonder why the northerners support fixing health insurance, they are going to get soaked through the nose.:D

merrylander
06-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Damn shame they are trying to fix global warming, there goes the ice free northern passage.:rolleyes:

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Global warming? Right, the same guy that invented the internet discovered that.:rolleyes: There are way too many respected scientists that say it's hogwash, and none with any proof that it is indeed a problem. The government (both sides) uses fear as a tool. Do you "really" beleive that Co2 is a pollutant?:confused:

noonereal
06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Consensus in the scientific community runs great than 95 to 1, you need a better argument.

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Consensus in the scientific community runs great than 95 to 1, you need a better argument.

Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scienti fic_assessment_of_global_warming

noonereal
06-27-2009, 05:36 PM
U.S. National Academy of Sciences not good enough for you?

Even the Bush Boy White House had to admit they are, "the gold standard of objective scientific assessment."

noonereal
06-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scienti fic_assessment_of_global_warming

You may want to read your post above and your link then retract.

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I did read the link, and if it's 95 to 1, you need to come up with 3600 scientists.:rolleyes:

noonereal
06-27-2009, 06:15 PM
It is your link and it shows 3 scientists that have a similar view to the one you expressed.

My first thought would be to say,
Dude? What are you talking about? Why are cons always so angry? You people are the biggest bunch of self hating, whiny, "poor me" ball babies the world has ever seen. I can't imagine wasting my life being so miserable. Get over yourselves.

Instead I'll just ask,
Would anyone disagree that Palin got thousands upon thousands of votes from people who had not a clue about the goings on in the world? :D

disclaimer: I do not believe people who tend to support an agenda that is right of center are angry, self hating, whinny or ball babies. I further do not believe that thousands upon thousands of votes had not a clue because they voted for Palin. These two statement are simply used to illustrate how partisan rhetorical commentary can be very hypocritical.

Grumpy
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
disclaimer: I do not believe people who tend to support an agenda that is right of center are angry, self hating, whinny or ball babies. I further do not believe that millions upon millions of votes had not a clue because they voted for Obama. These two statement are simply used to illustrate how partisan rhetorical commentary can be very hypocritical.

I fixed that for you :eek::D

noonereal
06-28-2009, 06:38 AM
I fixed that for you :eek::D

I hope you understood my post. Your corrective disclaimer is how that statement was originally posted. It was reused by me (switching parties) to show how inappropriate it was, especially if one is going to make broad unsubstantiated statements.

Again, I did not mean those two statements as a matter of fact but rather as a representation of another issue, divisive rhetoric. Both sides do it, both sides are wrong.

Here are the original posts.

http://www.politicalchat.org/offroad/showthread.php?p=1926#post1926

http://www.politicalchat.org/offroad/showthread.php?p=1803#post1803

Charles
06-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Cap and Trade is a sham. It has nothing to do with protecting the environment, but instead is a tool for more government regulation, a hidden tax, and the means for it's supporters to enrich themselves at our expense. It effectively creates a new form of currency.

Chas

merrylander
06-28-2009, 07:07 AM
The problem is that it was not a tax. The rights were to be auctioned off to raise money to fix health care, then the lobbyists got in there and they gave away the rights. I swear Congress could screw up the Lord's Prayer.

Sandy G
06-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Screw up The Lord's Prayer ?!? Rob, these jackasses could F!ckup a 2 car funeral...(grin)