PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson is screwin up my news

Twodogs
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
They don't know a damn thing, but still it's all Michael all the time. The house just passed cap and tax for goodness sake, and I had to get it from CSPAN. It's sad to see such a big deal being made over a self mutilating, child molesting, drug addict.

Twodogs
06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Talk about fast! http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackson-MEMORIAL-T-SHIRTS-King-Pop-Music-1_W0QQitemZ280363471724QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item4146f7136c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

noonereal
06-27-2009, 03:56 AM
They don't know a damn thing, but .

Must have voted for Obie right? :rolleyes:

Sandy G
06-27-2009, 08:09 AM
What I wanna know is-Did he evacuate his bladder when he Joined the Choir Invisible ?!? If so, SOMEBODY shoulda saved it, & made a million, billion, gazillion bux w/it on Ebay...I can just see it now- "MJ's Last Dump-Buy It Now, $1,500,000"...Some fool would undoubtedly snap it up, too...I hope you guys can tell from my sarcastic tone that I never got caught up in the whole Wacko Jacko bandwagon...I'm old enuff to remember when he was still a cute l'il black kid-an' NOT a scary old white woman/man/thing/whatever the hell he was...

Twodogs
06-27-2009, 08:51 AM
I really liked his music when he was black. I have several of his albums from back then, I wonder if they are worth more money now?:eek:

Grumpy
06-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I am old enough to know I would not trust him around any child.

merrylander
06-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Not likely I just wish they would note that he died and then drop it.

Grumpy
06-27-2009, 10:53 AM

I hear ya !

Charles
06-28-2009, 06:09 AM

Personally, I can no longer tell the news from Entertainment Tonight.

Chas

Grumpy
06-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I am so tired of hearing about that pedophiles death its sickening.

He was a POS sick bastard who happened to make more then you or I and bought his way out of the proper justice that would have sent you or I to jail for a very long time.

But Noooo he was the self appointed god of pop so everyone must miss him ! Only thing I missed was seeing his weird fucking ass being sent to jail and the expression on his face when he found out if was full of adults..

Charles
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I am so tired of hearing about that pedophiles death its sickening.

He was a POS sick bastard who happened to make more then you or I and bought his way out of the proper justice that would have sent you or I to jail for a very long time.

But Noooo he was the self appointed god of pop so everyone must miss him ! Only thing I missed was seeing his weird fucking ass being sent to jail and the expression on his face when he found out if was full of adults..

By God, he was one fucking weird bastard, wasn't he.

I'd comment on his work, but I haven't heard much of it, and didn't like what I've heard. Scary thing is, this pervert managed to climb to the top of the greasy pole...says something about a certain segment of society.

Chas

Twodogs
06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Only thing I missed was seeing his weird fucking ass being sent to jail and the expression on his face when he found out if was full of adults..

Face? What face?:D

painter
06-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Personally, I can no longer tell the news from Entertainment Tonight.

Chas

The so called "King of Pop?" has now met the real KING! I wonder... what say he? :eek:

Grumpy
06-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think sorry will cut it. At least we can hope.

merrylander
06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
What made you think he was headed upward?

painter
06-28-2009, 05:33 PM
What made you think he was headed upward?

I don't. But I was taught it was the Creator who looked into your face and passed judgement on north or south...heh...
No doubt Jackson was a serious mental case. Just goes to show you...wordly possessions do not necessarily give you happiness.
What you said in another post about mensa...having been involved at one time myself...there are some serious personalities in that group.
Nature and nurture...I always say. :D

merrylander
06-29-2009, 06:46 AM
I stayed in Mensa for one year as that was what I signed up for but never joined again. They struck me a bunch of puzzle solvers and that was about it. Met a few real people there, but I had a life to live and coud not spare the time.

We had a meeting with Leonard Cohen the poet. He started off by stating that highly intelligent people rarely understood poetry. A woman in fron of me responded by saying that was probably true of all men. I responded that if you consider that in that day's society men were mainly raised by women, the bulk of their teachers were women, if she was not happy with the end result she should not blame us. I don't think she liked me. :D

painter
06-29-2009, 06:57 AM
I stayed in Mensa for one year as that was what I signed up for but never joined again. They struck me a bunch of puzzle solvers and that was about it. Met a few real people there, but I had a life to live and coud not spare the time.

We had a meeting with Leonard Cohen the poet. He started off by stating that highly intelligent people rarely understood poetry. A woman in fron of me responded by saying that was probably true of all men. I responded that if you consider that in that day's society men were mainly raised by women, the bulk of their teachers were women, if she was not happy with the end result she should not blame us. I don't think she liked me. :D

Good reply! I'm all for people gathering with like minds... ideas or interests but in the end...its what you contribute with your attributes that really matters in society. And...some with less numbers on the scale accomplish more...have more friends than money. I never did see a Brinks truck follow a hearse to a cemetery...Did you? Can't take it with you when you go.
Might as well dole it out to those you choose before the fact. :)

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Good rejoinder, Rob...I have found that women's libber types tend to be the most strident, tiresome & morose of all...Followed closely by the Green Weenies...Plus, they get SO unbelievably, froth-at-the-mouth, eye-popping MAD when you "zing" 'em like that...Which is all the more reason to do it...

merrylander
06-29-2009, 07:55 AM
This all started back in childhood - you mentioned nature and nurture - my parents let me have the run of the family library such as it was. They figured that if the book was too advanced I would simply put it back. When I outgrew the town schoolhouse I had to commute by train to another high school.

Dad had retired (I was the youngest and they married late in life) so I could not see the expense of train fare and school fees, so I quit. After a few jobs I wound up with Bell. Spent 13 years in toll and local plant, then I heard they were looking for computer geeks. Borrowed some books on computers from the company library and read up on them. Now these were the days of the big room filling Univacs and IBM 1410s, the IBM360 was just around the corner. Iknew there were such things but that was about it.

I asked my boss to send me in for the computer test, now they said they wanted people with a degree or who were working toward one, but he sent me anyway. Two weeks later they requested me and my boss let me go even though I was slated to do the acceptance tests on a new switch system.

Through various training courses the all kept saying fancy things about me until they finally convinced me to do the Mensa test. That was when the numbers put me just over the edge into the 99th percentile. Whoopee s**t, that and $5 will get you a latte at Starbucks.

Never put that on my resume as I found people did not think highly of it, I did get elected to full membership in the IEEE despite the lack of a degree, they even suggested I apply for senior membership (must have been the grey hair).

The 12 years I spent working on International Standards with ITU and ISO did get me a decent living doing seminars around NorAm and Europe, even got to Israel once. The Europeans have a different attitude as they always asked if I was bringing my wife along so we did quite a bit of travelling together, in fact I think Florence knows Geneva better than I do. Speaking several languages as she does she was never taken for an American, and a lot of people figured she was either from Spain or Italy (parents were both) and me for some Nordic type. I recall one Swiss that we met who claimed he knew all about the United States as he subscribed to Time, was awful hard to keep a straight face.

Sandy, the in-your-face feminists never thrilled me either, I simply figure that as half the population is female you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you did not let them contribute their considerable talents to the nation. You and I happen to be married to ladies of talent so we know this.

Geez, who got me started on this?

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 10:33 AM
A confident, mature-in mind, anyway-woman never has to raise her voice & bleat 'n' blather about her accomplishments-They will speak for themselves. You & I just happen to be EXTREMELY lucky that we're married to such women..."Feminazis" remind me a lot of "Nuveau Riche'" types-they know the price of EVERYTHING, but the value of NOTHING.

painter
06-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Good rejoinder, Rob...I have found that women's libber types tend to be the most strident, tiresome & morose of all...Followed closely by the Green Weenies...Plus, they get SO unbelievably, froth-at-the-mouth, eye-popping MAD when you "zing" 'em like that...Which is all the more reason to do it...

I kinda fall somewhere in between your remark Sandy. I am woman! But don't roar LMAO. :D:D:D

merrylander
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I kinda fall somewhere in between your remark Sandy. I am woman! But don't roar LMAO. :D:D:D

Purr maybe?:D

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Guess I shoulda said SOME "women's libber types, etc"...My bad for paintin' w/too broad a brush...And I never got over bein' a Naughty Little Boy who Pokes Sticks at Wasper Nests...Yeah, some times you're gonna get stung-Part of it...But NO offence was meant or implied...If you all could ever see me spewin' out these diatribes, you'd see a twinkle in my eye, & a grin on my face, & a "Wink, wink, Nudge, nudge" intent in my heart...

painter
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Guess I shoulda said SOME "women's libber types, etc"...My bad for paintin' w/too broad a brush...And I never got over bein' a Naughty Little Boy who Pokes Sticks at Wasper Nests...Yeah, some times you're gonna get stung-Part of it...But NO offence was meant or implied...If you all could ever see me spewin' out these diatribes, you'd see a twinkle in my eye, & a grin on my face, & a "Wink, wink, Nudge, nudge" intent in my heart...

No offense taken. Your sense of humor offsets any mistaken remarks. :)

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, my Snarky Sense of Humor generally requires that you have an IQ greater than that of a Toaster or other Household Appliance to really "Get it" -But I don't think we have that problem, as I think that we're all pretty much Smarter Than the Average Bear here. Oh, and by the bye, y'all DO know Michael Jackson-a rather obscure, somewhat washed-up popular music singer of questionable morals- died last week. Just thought I'd let y'all know, as a Public Service 'n' all....Just in case you hadn't heard, & nobody had told you...

merrylander
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
No! I hadn't heard.

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I DO feel sorry for his kids-If they somehow manage to grow up & be anything close to normal, & not denizens of some expensive Farm De Funne', it'll be a miracle...

Charles
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I DO feel sorry for his kids-If they somehow manage to grow up & be anything close to normal, & not denizens of some expensive Farm De Funne', it'll be a miracle...

Should his kids turn out anywhere close to normal, it will stand as a testament to THEIR character, and no one else. IMHO, they have the deck stacked against them.

And let's not forget the old saying, "The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree."

Chas

Sandy G
06-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Despite all else, I always kinda felt a LITTLE bit sad for MJ-I got the feeling the guy had NO real friends, nobody he could just "pal" around with, & be himself. He had no childhood, he'd been in the public eye virtually all his life. Y'all KNOW that I'm crazier than a Shithouse Rat, but at least I know it...But I've always had good parents & good friends who have kept me at least somewhat grounded in reality...MJ apparently had neither. I'm NOT trying to excuse anything he did, you understand, just maybe offer an explanation, in as much as there CAN be for the trainwreck he became..

Charles
06-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Despite all else, I always kinda felt a LITTLE bit sad for MJ-I got the feeling the guy had NO real friends, nobody he could just "pal" around with, & be himself. He had no childhood, he'd been in the public eye virtually all his life. Y'all KNOW that I'm crazier than a Shithouse Rat, but at least I know it...But I've always had good parents & good friends who have kept me at least somewhat grounded in reality...MJ apparently had neither. I'm NOT trying to excuse anything he did, you understand, just maybe offer an explanation, in as much as there CAN be for the trainwreck he became..

You know Sandy, you're right. If I would have had the kind of money he had at the same age, I wouldn't have taken to buggerin' little boys, but I'd never have lived to see 30.

Chas

Combwork
06-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Quote MerryLander: "This all started back in childhood - you mentioned nature and nurture - my parents let me have the run of the family library such as it was. They figured that if the book was too advanced I would simply put it back. When I outgrew the town schoolhouse I had to commute by train to another high school".

And therein maybe lies the problem. When he was a child he was beaten on a regular basis by a man who also thought it was a good idea to scare the shit out of him by climbing in his bedroom window while wearing a monster mask. He did this to teach the child to keep the window closed at night, even though he'd have fried in the heat.

No excuse for what he's aleged (aw fuck, I CANNOT spell without spellchecker)to have done, but does a fucked up childhood = a fucked up adulthood?

Sandy G
06-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Who's to say ? It also brings up the old saw about there being but a thin line between genius & insanity...You could make a pretty good case for MJ being in BOTH camps...He certainly knew what he was doing when it came to music-& the insanity part-well,THAT'S pretty obvious too, I think. And it also speaks to the part of having incredible wealth thrust upon you very quickly, w/o having any background/guidance as to how to handle it.

merrylander
06-30-2009, 06:59 AM
And there's the rub, even level headed people can have problems handling to much fame and fortune at an early age. Now couple that with a screwed-up childhood and all hell breaks loose.

I was extremely lucky because I never doubted my parents love at any time.

Grumpy
06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
I was raised by a perfectly fucked up family and look how I turned out...on second though.

Sandy G
06-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Dave, at least you had yr Granmother- And come on, you've turned out just fine....

merrylander
06-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Second that.

painter
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
They don't know a damn thing, but still it's all Michael all the time. The house just passed cap and tax for goodness sake, and I had to get it from CSPAN. It's sad to see such a big deal being made over a self mutilating, child molesting, drug addict.

I agree. Bush was blamed for diversions during times of policy critism or outcomes. The nonsense reporting on Jackson is enough to keep us in the dark on current issues. Jackson had a bunch of enablers who found his money more impressive than working for the welfare of his children. Those poor kids! And who can forget the wedding of he and Lisa Marie Presley? People have such short memories. California is more than monetarily bankrupt...add morally and mentally to that list. :rolleyes: