PDA

View Full Version : Achilles

Achilles
10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Hello, i'm sorry for not introducing myself beforehand but i had wanted to get a feel for the site. I was also scrolling to fast and did not see the introduction thread. Well to say things about myself would be easy since there is not much to me. I'm just a man who believes that the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year and that the world is to split for there to be any real peaceful place to live. I dream of a world that is unified and that is one nation and not many, for if we were to lift the boundary then maybe just maybe we could finally find the true peace and equality that America at least once in its life time dreamed of trying to make.

BlueStreak
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome.

noonereal
10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Hello, i'm sorry for not introducing myself beforehand but i had wanted to get a feel for the site. I was also scrolling to fast and did not see the introduction thread. Well to say things about myself would be easy since there is not much to me. I'm just a man who believes that the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year and that the world is to split for there to be any real peaceful place to live. I dream of a world that is unified and that is one nation and not many, for if we were to lift the boundary then maybe just maybe we could finally find the true peace and equality that America at least once in its life time dreamed of trying to make.

it will never happen. (the part about peace)

humans as a species have to many primal instincts that cannot be controlled for this to happen.

Welcome though,

Brother_Karl
10-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year

Everyone always thinks that. Especially older people. Its because you're sheilded from so many things when you're younger. There is an account from a 15th century Monk, or something, which is basically him just going on about how the days youth are all acting much worse than his generation ever did and how all morals are being lost etc. People have always thought that kind of thing and they always will.

noonereal
10-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Everyone always thinks that. Especially older people. Its because you're sheilded from so many things when you're younger. There is an account from a 15th century Monk, or something, which is basically him just going on about how the days youth are all acting much worse than his generation ever did and how all morals are being lost etc. People have always thought that kind of thing and they always will.

excellent post my brother

finnbow
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Been listening to Imagine by John Lennon?

Welcome, sir.

noonereal
10-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Been listening to Imagine by John Lennon?

Welcome, sir.

I can remember going to Central Park after his shooting as a young man for 10 minutes of silence as requested by Yoko along with upwards of 250,000 others.

piece-itpete
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Howdy :wave:

How's the Styx these days? :)

Pete

noonereal
10-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Howdy :wave:

How's the Styx these days? :)

Pete

The band Styx?

I have never heard them.

Should I own some?

sanse
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Hello Achilles.

d-ray657
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Having directed you here, I should again say Welcome Achilles.

It looks like you will add some interesting ideas to the discussions here. I'm also confident that you will not behave like a heel. ba-dum-ching.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Having directed you here, I should again say Welcome Achilles.

What did you do? Drag in a ringer? :D

piece-itpete
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Lol!

Styx, if you like 70s supergroups you might like them, Mr Roboto, Babe, Renegade, one I occasionally play: Too Much Time on my Hands.....

Pete

noonereal
10-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Lol!

Styx, if you like 70s supergroups you might like them, Mr Roboto, Babe, Renegade, one I occasionally play: Too Much Time on my Hands.....

Pete

what was super about them?

The only "super group" I am familiar with is Blind Faith, in hind sight clearly republican based.;)

d-ray657
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
what was super about them?

The only "super group" I am familiar with is Blind Faith, in hind sight clearly republican based.;)

Of course they were Republican. They couldn't even find their way home.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
D'oh!

:)

Pete

noonereal
10-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Of course they were Republican. They couldn't even find their way home.

Regards,

D-Ray

I should have caught that years ago. :D

BlueStreak
10-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Lol!

Pete

"Blue Collar Man" is my favorite.

Dave

finnbow
10-09-2010, 09:42 AM
What did you do? Drag in a ringer? :D

Nope, he's just being Temporary Like Achilles (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/temporarylikeachilles.html). What's not to like?

merrylander
10-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Welcome aboard!