PDA

View Full Version : Obama won't show Fannie/Freddies' political contribution records....

piece-itpete
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Why?

http://biggovernment.com/tfitton/2010/10/13/court-denies-access-to-fanniefreddie-political-records/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Governme nt%29

Pete

merrylander
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
So now he is the court too? Will wonders ever cease.

piece-itpete
10-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Judicial Watch took the Admin to court to force him to comply with the Freedom of information act. He had refused.

Strange this open, honest, 'transparent' Admin needs to hide so much.

Pete

merrylander
10-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Judicial Watch took the Admin to court to force him to comply with the Freedom of information act. He had refused.

Strange this open, honest, 'transparent' Admin needs to hide so much.

Pete

Guess he learned a lot from Prince Dickie.:D

d-ray657
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
To keep this in perspective, remember that these were records that were not subject to disclosure at the time they were created. In other words, the Tea partiers could not have forced either of the companies to produce such records at the time they were created. FOIA was intended to provide access to documents about governmental actions. These are documents about the actions of a private company. Interesting to see the tea partiers clamoring for the government to force disclosure of records of a business entity.:confused:

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
10-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Aren't Freddie/Fannie a couple of those "quasi-governmental" organizations, kinda like the Federal Reserve?

Why should I care anyways?

Dave

noonereal
10-16-2010, 07:33 AM

Gee, a president who refusing to comply.

Why does this sound familiar?

d-ray657
10-16-2010, 04:19 PM

Pete

It appears that the court ruled in favor of the Administration that the documents were not subject to disclosure under the FOIA. Accordingly, the Administration was in compliance and Judicial Watch went to court to get something it wasn't entitled to. Therefore, your statement is inaccurate.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
10-17-2010, 07:28 AM
and we all know the nutcase behind judicial watch.

piece-itpete
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
So the answer is either, no change, or Obama's most transparent government ever actually is regardless of what he actually does?

Pete

merrylander
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
So the answer is either, no change, or Obama's most transparent government ever actually is regardless of what he actually does?

Pete

Pete, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are like private corporations, they are not subject to FOIA. Why doesen't Judicial Watch go after the Chamberpot of Commerce?

piece-itpete
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Not private anymore, we bought'em, and I'm sure their records too.

As far as The Chamber of Commerce and Dems, I'd say they should remove the log from their own eye.

What are the Dems hiding? It must be far worse than Frank.

Pete

merrylander
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM

As far as The Chamber of Commerce and Dems, I'd say they should remove the log from their own eye.

Pete

"Congress shall pass no retroactive law . . ." so in the past they were private and if the Chamberpot is so sweet and innocent why don't they reveal the source of their funds?

Roberts and Alito just stuck a big "For sale - cheap" sign in the heartland.

BlueStreak
10-18-2010, 11:07 AM

Pete

It's Satan. I know it is. Satan is working at the Freddie Mac.:eek:
I'm calling Beck and alerting him so he can take it to the people.

Dave

merrylander
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
The bigger question is what is the GOP trying to BS us about. Ever since the days of Saint Ronnie they have set about destroying unions and the middle class, well they pretty much succeeded, unions are near about toothless and we don't have a middle class anymore, just some hard working stiffs hanging on by the skin of their teeth. So as a parting shot they put the economy in the toilet.

Now they are trying to say it is all Obama's fault, hell if the man could walk on water they would still bitch. I have not heard so much whining since the day I was standing close to a 707 takeoff.:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
10-18-2010, 11:31 AM
The bigger question is what is the GOP trying to BS us about. Ever since the days of Saint Ronnie they have set about destroying unions and the middle class, well they pretty much succeeded, unions are near about toothless and we don't have a middle class anymore, just some hard working stiffs hanging on by the skin of their teeth. So as a parting shot they put the economy in the toilet.

Now they are trying to say it is all Obama's fault, hell if the man could walk on water they would still bitch. I have not heard so much whining since the day I was standing close to a 707 takeoff.:rolleyes:

They have nearly everyone feeling guilty about what we've done to the wealthy. Whatever that is.

And have the workers pitted against each other. If you make a few bucks an hour more or have better benefits than I do, I'm supposed to hate you, blame you for all of my troubles and want you busted down.

Unless you're a billionaire, of course.

Gee, I wonder who could have paid for the propaganda that created this atmosphere?:rolleyes:

Dangit, there I go again. Refusing to see that I'm the one that's been brainwashed.

Dave

noonereal
10-19-2010, 07:43 AM

Pete

lol, it means that ALL politicians are more idealistic on the campaign trail

it means no more or no less

certainly it is better to have someone with higher hopes than a spoiled cheerleader and a hate filled veep

Twodogs
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
They can't be trying to hide Franks pole smoking antics with the Fannie or Freddie guy he was sharing an apt. with, because everyone already knows about his sick ass. All we can hope for is the Nov. election putting the breaks on, then getting some real leadership in 2012.

finnbow
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
They can't be trying to hide Franks pole smoking antics with the Fannie or Freddie guy he was sharing an apt. with, because everyone already knows about his sick ass. All we can hope for is the Nov. election putting the breaks on, then getting some real leadership in 2012.

Yep. I'd have a hard time picking between Angle, O'Donnell, and Paladino. All are really class acts.:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
10-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Yep. I'd have a hard time picking between Angle, O'Donnell, and Paladino. All are really class acts.:rolleyes:

Palin, now there's a true leader of the worlds most powerful nation!

"Madam President, what countries should we watch with a wary eye?"
"Oh, Gee, I dunno, probly the ones that arn't so nice, I guess.
Have you see my new Grizzly Mom T-shirt?"

A rump a dump, a rump a dump.......................:rolleyes:

Dave

merrylander
10-20-2010, 07:07 AM

I really don't give a shit what Franks does in his off hours, in Congress he has shown more leadership than any of those assholes on the other side of the aisle.:p

BlueStreak
10-20-2010, 11:55 PM

Speaking of real leadership. We all got to see some real dimwit Mama Grizzly leadership in action over in Delaware recently. Stupid bitch.

Yeah, you guys are ready to show the world how it's done alright, TD.
How to make a colossal ass of yourselves, that is.

Dave

piece-itpete
10-21-2010, 07:59 AM
But but but your side's worse!

Pete