PDA

View Full Version : So why is Fox

noonereal
11-01-2010, 06:40 AM
So why is Fox not discussing the sanity rally after sponsoring and underwriting the insanity rally?

They had well over double the folks there.

????

merrylander
11-01-2010, 07:51 AM
A rhetorical question as you know perfectly well why they are staying mum.

whell
11-01-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't have cable, so I don't know what is or isn't being covered. I didn't see the Fox talking heads show yesterday morning either. It is, however, covered on Fox News web site.

Grumpy
11-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Fox 2 Detroit has been covering it all morning. Does not bother me one bit.

BlueStreak
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
That is interesting. I would say it's because they are suppressing the truth as usual. Making it look insignificant, and re-running images of TP events. That I have seen on Fox.

Where has the TP gone, anyways? Have the tools been put back in the toolbox now that they've served their purpose?:p

Dave

noonereal
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
That is interesting. I would say it's because they are suppressing the truth as usual. Making it look insignificant, and re-running images of TP events. That I have seen on Fox.

Where has the TP gone, anyways? Have the stooges been put back in the toolbox now that they've served their purpose?:p

Dave

beck has told them to put on costumes so they can pass for normal folks

noonereal
11-02-2010, 08:10 AM
in fact i have not heard anything on this from cnn, msnbc....

i know the insane rally was talked about ad nauseum

Charles
11-02-2010, 10:08 PM
So why is Fox not discussing the sanity rally after sponsoring and underwriting the insanity rally?

They had well over double the folks there.

????

Hate to break it to you Noon, but everybody ain't liberals from New York.

Fox continues to gain market share.

Chas

d-ray657
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Hate to break it to you Noon, but everybody ain't liberals from New York.

Fox continues to gain market share.

Chas

Sometimes, I think fried sh*t on a stick could gain market share if it were advertised heavily enough. Fox has a perverse notion of what is objective or "fair and balanced" reporting, and Beck's knowledge of history is worse than a ninth grader, primarily because he cant sift the facts from the conspiracy theories. I imagine that it might be possible for an objective observer to believe that Fox is fair and balanced, but I doubt it. Rupert knows that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Sometimes, I think fried sh*t on a stick could gain market share if it were advertised heavily enough. Fox has a perverse notion of what is objective or "fair and balanced" reporting, and Beck's knowledge of history is worse than a ninth grader, primarily because he cant sift the facts from the conspiracy theories. I imagine that it might be possible for an objective observer to believe that Fox is fair and balanced, but I doubt it. Rupert knows that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

Regards,

D-Ray

Come on, D-Man, they ain't THAT bad.

And Beck brings up points which are ignored by most. I was impressed when he mentioned the Fabians, which is probably lost on 95% of Americans.

Don't attack Beck, or the information he produces...attack his conclusions.

For what it's worth, a little Beck goes a long way with me. But he still has a point, at times.

Open your mind,

Chas

d-ray657
11-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Come on, D-Man, they ain't THAT bad.

And Beck brings up points which are ignored by most. I was impressed when he mentioned the Fabians, which is probably lost on 95% of Americans.

Don't attack Beck, or the information he produces...attack his conclusions.

For what it's worth, a little Beck goes a long way with me. But he still has a point, at times.

Open your mind,

Chas

OK, good point with Beck, but in my defense, I think an attack on his knowledge of history is an attack on his conclusions. His historical "mentors" are conspiracy theorists - one of them so far out that he was thrown out of the Mormon church. Critical analysis involves looking at the evidence, the reasoning and the conclusions. If the evidence is flawed, there is little reason to trust the conclusions.

Now, Chas. You are usually able to look at thing critically - even things with which you agree. Do you believe that Fox's priority is to actually present objective reporting and analysis?

Regards,

D-ray

noonereal
11-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Rupert knows that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

It's that simple and I believe Rove is the modern champion of this.

Now why you have your own media empire it becomes downright treasonous.

least that's how I honestly see it

merrylander
11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Chas

Yeah but if he wears a hat no one will notice.:p

finnbow
11-03-2010, 09:12 AM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.