PDA

View Full Version : Politics! For those days you're tired of HiFi.

speedle
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Howdy folks! Not much to tell here though, I"ve been on AudioKarma for a few years and saw this site go up, thought I'd give it a try. I've been a Republican for most of my life, but have gone over to the dark side of Progressive-ism gradually over the last 10 years. Have now become full-blown liberal! But, as I say, a Libertarian Liberal. Odd duck, that.

Look forward to learning some things!

Grumpy
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Welcome Speedle. Was your district one that flipped colors ?

Grumpy

Fast_Eddie
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I've been a Republican for most of my life, but have gone over to the dark side of Progressive-ism gradually over the last 10 years. Have now become full-blown liberal!

We call that "growing up."

Welcome aboard!

merrylander
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Funny, I started as a liberal, but Pierre Trudeau cured me of that and I went Progressive Conservative.

Whatever, welcome to the nut house.

finnbow
11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Welcome, Speedle. I think your political evolution is shared by a bunch of us here. Dubya was enough to cure most anyone but the most ardent of their Republican tendencies.

Brother_Karl
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sure you mean Libertarian Social Democrat.

Welcome.

BlueStreak
11-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the club, Speedle!

Dave

noonereal
11-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Howdy folks! Not much to tell here though, I"ve been on AudioKarma for a few years and saw this site go up, thought I'd give it a try. I've been a Republican for most of my life, but have gone over to the dark side of Progressive-ism gradually over the last 10 years. Have now become full-blown liberal! But, as I say, a Libertarian Liberal. Odd duck, that.

Look forward to learning some things!

pretty much the same story here

the first dem I voted for for President was Gore,

the GOP is now nuts and I can't imagine backing any of their lunatics ever again

welcome

piece-itpete
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Howdy Speedle!

Pete

JJIII
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
"Welcome to my Nightmare"
This is pretty much a fun place.... sometimes.... every once in a while....well, you know what I mean.

noonereal
11-04-2010, 11:47 AM
"Welcome to my Nightmare"
This is pretty much a fun place.... sometimes.... every once in a while....well, you know what I mean.

you mean when I take the day off :mad:
:p

stereocuuple
11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
tired of HI FI ? whats politics? sounds fun welcome

eric & erin

JJIII
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
you mean when I take the day off :mad:
:p

Not at all. You've become one of my favorites! I don't agree with a lot of what you say but that's OK. You don't get mean and nasty about it.

noonereal
11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Not at all. You've become one of my favorites! I don't agree with a lot of what you say but that's OK. You don't get mean and nasty about it.

See how slick us city kids can be! :p

speedle
11-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Grumpy: Didn't they all? Yes, and the Dem was a family friend. Everyone else, well, I'm trying to be hopeful and you all are part of that process! :)

d-ray657
11-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey Speedle, didn't get around to welcoming you yet, so - Welcome! Looking forward to having all sorts of perspectives around here. Having been a life long liberal, it will be interesting to hear from someone who has finally seen the light.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray